It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 So many ways to battle 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well in Pokemon Black and White there are 4 ways to battle. I'll list them here and tell you what I think about each of them
1.Single-until Gen III this was the only way to battle. It has a deep place in our hearts in a staple of pokemon that has been there since the beginnign and despite it having a few alternatives now, it's still the battle style of choice for many competitive battlers. Even tho it's the oldest battling style, it's not the worst and it's still how you spend most of the your pokemon gaming experience.
2.Double-introduced in gen III, this battle style allowed more combos revolving weather and wide range attacks to name a few, such as the worldwide renowned Earthquake-Levitate combo. Although double battles dont happen as often as single battles and many top wifi battlers dont focus on this area, its a great way to mix things up. Group battles are typically in double battle forms and makes you have to have teamwork and in PBR double battles are in most collosseusm. Unfortunately, you can't catch pokemon in a wild double battle.
3.Triple-Some old school pokemon fans found double battles crazy, but they found triple battles just straight up psychotic! 50% of a full team battling at once. Tho the difference between double and triple battles (aside from the obvious number difference) is that positioning does matter. It decides which pokemon you can and can't attack and which poke will and won't be affected by moves like Surf, Earthquake, and Explodion. Furthermore, atatcks like Ally Switch make it so u can switch positions. It's a type of battling that can get tricky but its really fun.
4.Rotation-Like triple battles, strategy is truly important here. You never know when your opponent will switch or not so luck is a key factor. Nonetheless its a fun way to play no matter how frsutrating it can be
So whats ur favorite way to battle and why? plz reply

Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:23 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like triple battles the most, because they're more exciting than single or double battles and it's a faster way to train pokemon. I really don't like rotation battles, because you might use a super effective move against the pokemon currently in front, only to have the other person switch and my attack do almost nothing. I really wish there were more than three trainers in the entire Unova region who would challenge you to a triple battle.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.
92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe. Put this in your sig if you are the 8% who would be laughing.

Diamond FC: 5199-4994-9415
White FC: 0089-1661-3588

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Double battles are my favourite but i really like rotational battles. Does anyone know if theres somewhere i can frequently do them? And get Exp.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:23 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

WirelessBrain wrote:
Double battles are my favourite but i really like rotational battles. Does anyone know if theres somewhere i can frequently do them? And get Exp.

There are two daily battles at the Battle House in Opelucid city (pokemon black only) but you gain little Exp.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:12 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ah thanks dude. I didn't know they reappeared. I like it because it's new but i still love double battles more i think.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]