It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Current Anime Season 
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Just wondering what everyone plans on following or is currently following that is airing this season? It looks like it's off to a pretty good start. At the moment, I'm following:
-Hanasaku Iroha
-Nichijou
-The World God Only Knows (Season 2)
-Astarotte no Omacha
-Steins;Gate
-Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai (though I may drop this if it doesn't get better soon)
-Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
-Hidan no Aria
-Ao no Exorcist
-Deadman Wonderland

I've considered checking out Dog Days and Tiger & Bunny, but haven't gotten around to it yet, mainly because I already have a sizable pile there. I'll probably pick up Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (that's a mouthful) soon because of a friend's recommendation.

Anyway, what's everyone else following? What's your favorite that you think everyone else should watch?

Edit: Added even more ,_,

Last edited by Serpentsounds on Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:42 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Im currently watching Saint Seia: The lost Canvas. I do plan on checking out Blue exorisit when it comes out.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:52 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I'm watching Deadman Wonderland, and it's pretty darn good. I'm also viewing Naruto, Bleach, and Fairy Tail, but those air all year. And some other weird stuff out of boredom.

EDIT: Go here if you want to watch Anime. This site has basically every show in various video formats:

http://www.animedreaming.tv

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:07 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I've been following Nichijou. It's pretty entertaining but absolutely no plot. I still haven't figured out how I feel about this.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Nichijou is meant to be more of an episodic comedy than a story with an overarching plot. It takes the drama aspect out of slice of life for a more lighthearted laugh with no attachments. Depending on one's tastes or even mood, that can be really good, or also bad.

Deadman Wonderland started out looking somewhat promising because of the seemingly unique idea, but I have to say that the quality steadily declined. The plot wasn't a complete disaster, despite being stale and with holes, but the writing became unbearable to me. Like I said, it didn't seem so bad at first, but that's probably because the gore lost its ability to distract me. During the latter half of the series, I couldn't help but roll my eyes every few minutes at either the dialog or just what took place in a scene in general. I saw it through to the end since I had already finished the majority, and some part of me somewhere was enjoying it. Though I feel it would be a bit more complete being uncensored (which we won't get until the bluray release), it won't save it from ending up to be just mediocre, in my opinion.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:56 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I recently watched an anime I though tI would like, the dark rabbit has 9 lives/ or something like that. It had good action, but I found it too Mushy for my liking. I did also find sacred seven, its more along the lines of what I like to watch.

Of course I have to watch all episodes online (at a legal site of course), since we do not get ANY anime stations where I live (and YTV Scrapped Bionx, then again all the anime ended up being on at like 1-2 in the morning. . . .)

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:29 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I plan to eventually give a chance to the following;

-Hanasaku Iroha
-Steins;Gate
-Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko

But I will most likely also look at everything else airing in Spring 2011 as well but I am more so watching older anime at the moment before I get into watching the new stuff as I am always late watching most things...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:31 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Kinda forgot about this...but to bring the discussion to more current terms:

I'm taking a lighter load at the moment, since I didn't actually end up finishing everything on the list in my post for spring. It just got to be a little much. I'm only following 2 shows this season so far:
-Fate/Zero
-Boku ha Tomodachi ga Sukunai

Watching UTW and Mazui subs for each, respectively. Fate/Zero I definitely couldn't miss because I love the franchise, and you can never have too much Saber. The latter show, more often referred to as haganai for simplicity's sake, may seem a bit like a parody anime whose sole purpose is fanservice at first. However, if it keeps the pace of the first few episodes, then it could be heading in a legitimately good direction.

Of course with only 2 shows I'll have time to catch up on stuff that I have been meaning to watch/finish.

So, is anybody not skimping out like me this season?

Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:47 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah, I started watching Fate Zero on Crunchy Roll. Its pretty good to be honest, but some parts do make me a little squimish. (Me and blood dont get along all that well.)

Im also watching Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere. Its pretty good,but it can be sorta...... Really Inapporiate at times (without going into to much deatails).

Well thats what im watching right now. KInda want Crunchy Roll to pick up Rosario+Vampire though....

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]