It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Breeding Ups and Downs 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

150+ eggs and a week of work later and my pokemon white file decided to slap me in the face:
Dratini - #147 (Rash)
Female (♀) Marvel Scale
HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 10, 12
SpA: 1, 3
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

Curse you pokemon! i will not be defeated by the likes of you!!!
Guess I'll use it as the female parent for the next batch

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:55 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I found a pair of pokemon that breed as fast as possible. Within a day, my computer was filled to bursting with Mr. Mime eggs. I hatched them, then released them, then repeated. And after a few days I finally got the last sticker for egg hatching from the guy on Four Island.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:46 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Question! Something I'm having trouble finding the answer to.
Masuda Method.
On every site I've read about it, it says "pokémon from games of different languages have a higher chance of breeding shinies" but then the example it gives is always an American game and a Japanese game - which are more than just different languages, they're different regions!
I'm multilingual and I have pokémon games in several languages to keep up my languages, but all my games are from the same region.

So my question is this: In order to use the Masuda Method, do the breeding pokémon have to be from games just of different languages or do they have to be from different regions too?

xox

Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:19 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

As far as I can tell, only the language needs to be different. I can't confirm this though, I've only ever used Japanese pokemon when Masuda-ing shinies >.<

If you're doing this in Gen 4, there is a way to tell. Masuda method will cancel the Everstone trick. So say you have an english male smeargle and a french female eevee (those are probably same region, right?). give eevee the everstone, and hatch 20-30 eggs. if half the babies share the eevee's nature, then you know having a different language isn't enough.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:13 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Cool, thanks, I'll try that!
xox

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:46 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Doing many breeding projects right now. and everything was going so well...
I had to breed a careful DW eevee and a female DW eevee, both of which I hatched within a dozen eggs.
then I had to IV breed an adamant beldum with 3 maxed IVs, which I hatched within 15 eggs.
then I had to hatch any impish skarmory...
gender / ability don't matter...
I've hatched over one hundred of these stupid birds and not one of them has the right nature :cry:

my game hates me

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:58 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

wow I have looked at this topic many times and had just not took the time to read it. this is the stuff I like to do in my game.

right now I am working on a Turtwig project that involves both 4th and 5th gen. games. in the psydex it said that Turtwig can inherit superpower and growth but not from the same pokemon so what I did was catch a shroomish in soulsilver now I need to level him up to learn growth evolve it and tutor him superpower then import him to my white get a female tortarra and breed away. I have not decided on a nature but I think that maybe brave or hardy because when I am done it will be like this:
Tortarra: nature???
even EV spread unless brave then 0 in speed
moves:
1:growth
2:superpower
3:EQ
4:leafstorm

if you think I am doing something wrong just tell me.

I think I will be posting more in this topic.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

azul wrote:
wow I have looked at this topic many times and had just not took the time to read it. this is the stuff I like to do in my game.

right now I am working on a Turtwig project that involves both 4th and 5th gen. games. in the psydex it said that Turtwig can inherit superpower and growth but not from the same pokemon so what I did was catch a shroomish in soulsilver now I need to level him up to learn growth evolve it and tutor him superpower then import him to my white get a female tortarra and breed away. I have not decided on a nature but I think that maybe brave or hardy because when I am done it will be like this:
Tortarra: nature???
even EV spread unless brave then 0 in speed
moves:
1:growth
2:superpower
3:EQ
4:leafstorm

if you think I am doing something wrong just tell me.

I think I will be posting more in this topic.

that sounds about right, just remember to cancel Shroomish's evolution until he learns Growth, since Breloom doesn't learn it >.<
I was going to do a similar turtwig recently, but didn't feel like farming the BP in Gen 4 to get all the moves I wanted. Mine was going to be Adamant nature, with Seed Bomb / Superpower / EQ / Stone Edge.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:41 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

hey DangerTrout if you want me to/if you can trade I can get seedbomb in there to. just PM me if you are intrested. don`t worry cuz I might put seedbomb in there anyways.

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:45 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

yaaaa! I finaly got my breloom into my 5th gen game stuck him in with my female tortarra hatched the first turtwig asked one of my sisters what should I nickname him and like three of them said TWISTEDTUTWIG. i was like o_0. lol. wile i was waiting to do that I have been working on a zorua with darkpulse, extrosenceory(<spelt wrong),counter and detect.

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:

VladimirMacHolzraum:

Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:17 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

:) I'm flattered. That reminds me of a flawless shiny Turtwig Rick44305 bred me which he named "Twisterra."

Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:39 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

azul wrote:
hey DangerTrout if you want me to/if you can trade I can get seedbomb in there to. just PM me if you are intrested. don`t worry cuz I might put seedbomb in there anyways.
I only noticed this post now >.< Thanks for the offer, but I'm good =)

Right now I'm working on a Piplup with Agility. Just finished getting the move on, so now it's just a question of hatching a Timid one with IVs of 29+/x/29+/31/29+/31 without abusing the RNG. I expect this to take at least a month. :shock:

edit - I decided to do something even crazier! I'm going to breed my piplup to also have Hidden Power Fire. so the IVs will be more like 30+/x/30+/30/31/30.
Now the real question is, what will I hatch first? The perfect HP Fire / Agility Timid Piplup or a shiny Piplup? I'll post the answer when I get it :P

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:06 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

And the Shiny Piplup WINS! Relatively Superior stats, with hidden power Ice. not quite what I was going for... checking IVs now to see if it's good enough for my team, or if it will just sit in a box sparkling like a boss.

edit - ok, Agility Piplup with HP Ice.
Timid nature.
IVs: 31 / 15 / 27 / 13 / 31 / 30.
NUUUUUUUUUUUUU! 13 Special Attack! Why God, WHY?! T_T

Ah well, it will twinkle in my PC for all of eternity. Still, by far, the best Shiny I've caught / bred ^_^

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6