It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:22 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 GenV Team Rating Center! (Closed for the time being) 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

[Game]: Soul Silver
[Team Theme]: Favorite Pokemon
[Battling Environment]: Battle Tower, Battle Revolution, Competitive (sorta)
[Team Preview]: No
[Restrictions]: None
[Reply]: Post

Image Image Image Image Image Image - White
----------------------------------
Image Image Image Image Image Image - OTeam

My Trading Thread (Closed)

Last edited by Xiahou on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:52 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Game-BW
Team Theme-N/A
Batteling Environment- Battle subway, Wifi matchup
Restrictions- No hacked pokes etc. No ubers
Team Preview- On
Reply- Post

Alright so lets get started

Whimsicott
252 Hp/126 Both Defenses/ 6 speed
Timid nature
Ability: Prankster
Item: leftovers
Encore
Leech Seed
Taunt
Leaf Storm

I LOVE this little guy. My new lead :) This thing is a great anti lead, and is perfect for shutting them down and forcing a switch out. First i start off with a leech seed then depending on what they used, follow it up with a taunt or an encore to shut them down. Then i just smash them with leaf storm until they switch out or faint. His ability, Prankster is also amazingly useful, it means he gets priority on encore, taunt and leech seed which will make sure he gets the first chance to destroy most leads.

Rampardos
252 Atk/ 252 Speed/6 Def
Jolly nature
Ability: Sheer force
Item: Life Orb
Rock Polish
Rock Slide
Zen Headbutt
Iron Head

This thing is the very definition of 'Glass Cannon', but can be a deadly physical sweeper if it survives to get off a rock polish or two. For its moves, i gave it rock polish to try and counter its awful speed. Stab/sheer force/life orb boosted rock slide, coupled with its INSANE attack stat makes it capable of OHKOing practically anything that doesn't resist it. Iron head and zen headbutt are for coverage (the latter taking care of its fighting weakness) and both get the sheer force boost. Also there is a neat little glitch where if you use a move boosted by sheer force, you dont get the recoil from life orb but you still get the attack boost which just makes it that much more deadly.

Reuniclus
252 Sp Atk/126 Both Defenses/4 Hp
Quiet nature
Ability: Magic Guard
Item: Wise Glasses
Trick Room
Psychic
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball

This guy is by far the BEST trick room sweeper i have used yet. With its monstrous special attack and with enough hp to guarantee it set up trick room, then let the sweeping begin. It gets psychic as its main
STAB move which can deal a lot of damage, Then focus blast and shadow ball cover its weaknesses. This also works great with setting up trick room then switching out to Rampardos to save wasting a turn or two on rock polish.

Forretress
252 Def/129 Atk/129 Sp Def
Impish nature
Ability: Sturdy
Item: Leftovers
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Explosion

Ive always kinda loved this guy, even if he is basically a flying rock. He is designed to be my physical wall, tanking hit while setting up and spinning away entry hazards. Earthquake is his attacking option, to take care of fire types trying to take advantage of its 4x weakness, then its carrying explosion for when you think your about to faint so hopefully youll take the foe with you.

Donphan
252 Atk/252 Def/6 Speed
Adament nature
Item: Expert Belt
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Fire Fang
Ice Shard

I figured that i needed another physical sweeper, given how fragile rampardos is. And this guy does a surprisingly good job of it aswell. It carries the awesome edgequake combo of course, then it has ice shard which get priority and takes care of grass types and fire fang which takes out ice types. All out he has great coverage and can even function as a sort of physical wall if used right.

Regice
252 Sp Def/252 Hp/6 Sp atk
Calm nature
Ability: Clear Body
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Amnesia

My brand new special wall, and im loving it. Regice has turned out to be a beast when it comes to being a special wall. After just one amnesia, coupled with its base 200 special defense stat it is able to wall some of the biggest special sweepers around. For its moves i use amnesia to boost its already monstrous special defense then i use thunder wave to shut down anything faster than me. usually i would have gone with toxic over thunder wave but this way it has more of a fighting chance against steel types. Then i start to wail on my opponenet with the famous boltbeam combo which has almost unbeatable type coverage. So too summarise. i LOVE this thing. :D

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Xiahou wrote:
[Game]: Soul Silver
[Team Theme]: Favorite Pokemon
[Battling Environment]: Battle Tower, Battle Revolution, Competitive (sorta)
[Restrictions]: None

Sorry, this thread's only for fifth gen, the fourth gen team rating center is viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24060

mr_man wrote:
Game-BW
Team Theme-N/A
Batteling Environment- Battle subway, Wifi matchup
Restrictions- No hacked pokes etc. No ubers
Team Preview- On
Reply- Post

Alright so lets get started

Whimsicott
252 Hp/126 Both Defenses/ 6 speed
Timid nature
Ability: Prankster
Item: leftovers
Encore
Leech Seed
Taunt
Leaf Storm

I LOVE this little guy. My new lead :) This thing is a great anti lead, and is perfect for shutting them down and forcing a switch out. First i start off with a leech seed then depending on what they used, follow it up with a taunt or an encore to shut them down. Then i just smash them with leaf storm until they switch out or faint. His ability, Prankster is also amazingly useful, it means he gets priority on encore, taunt and leech seed which will make sure he gets the first chance to destroy most leads.

Taunt kind of counteracts Encore, since you'll usually want your opponent to use status moves, so that you can lock them into something useless like repeated stealth rocks, and then force a switch out. Especially since you'll usually be leading off with Leech Seed. You'd be way better off ditching Taunt for Substitute. As for the nature, you might want to go bold since all your moves get priority anyways :P
mr_man wrote:
Rampardos
252 Atk/ 252 Speed/6 Def
Jolly nature
Ability: Sheer force
Rock Polish
Rock Slide
Zen Headbutt
Iron Head

This thing is the very definition of 'Glass Cannon', but can be a deadly physical sweeper if it survives to get off a rock polish or two. For its moves, i gave it rock polish to try and counter its awful speed. Stab/sheer force/life orb boosted rock slide, coupled with its INSANE attack stat makes it capable of OHKOing practically anything that doesn't resist it. Iron head and zen headbutt are for coverage (the latter taking care of its fighting weakness) and both get the sheer force boost. Also there is a neat little glitch where if you use a move boosted by sheer force, you dont get the recoil from life orb but you still get the attack boost which just makes it that much more deadly.

This thing is insane. You've got a great moveset on it and the ev's and such look good, I would expect this guy to do very well. Also, Rampardos has enough HP to likely survive an attack and get a rock polish in, so you should be good there if that was your concern.
mr_man wrote:

Reuniclus
252 Sp Atk/126 Both Defenses/4 Hp
Quiet nature
Item: Wise Glasses
Trick Room
Psychic
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball

This guy is by far the BEST trick room sweeper i have used yet. With its monstrous special attack and with enough hp to guarantee it set up trick room, then let the sweeping begin. It gets psychic as its main
STAB move which can deal a lot of damage, Then focus blast and shadow ball cover its weaknesses. This also works great with setting up trick room then switching out to Rampardos to save wasting a turn or two on rock polish.

Only issue I see here is an inability to deal with a certain pink blob and her little sister... If you wanted to replace Psychic with psyshock, that would certainly take care of that problem, especially with STAB and Reuniclus ridiculous special attack. Another thing that is extremely important to do here is ditch the wise glasses for life orb. Magic guard makes it so that you don't take any recoil from the life orb, and the life orb gives you a 30% boost whereas the glasses only give you like 10%. Plus, you can get as many life orbs as you want on this game from the battle subway, so there's really no reason not to.
mr_man wrote:
Forretress
252 Def/129 Atk/129 Sp Def
Impish nature
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Explosion

Ive always kinda loved this guy, even if he is basically a flying rock. He is designed to be my physical wall, tanking hit while setting up and spinning away entry hazards. Earthquake is his attacking option, to take care of fire types trying to take advantage of its 4x weakness, then its carrying explosion for when you think your about to faint so hopefully youll take the foe with you.

This looks good, but I would put some ev's from his SPdef and his Def into his HP, because it's not all that great. The moves are great though. I've always kind of been a fan of Gyro Ball on this thing, but I see your point about earthquake so I would leave the moves as is.
mr_man wrote:
Donphan
252 Atk/252 Def/6 Speed
Adament nature
Item: Expert Belt
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Fire Fang
Ice Shard

I figured that i needed another physical sweeper, given how fragile rampardos is. And this guy does a surprisingly good job of it aswell. It carries the awesome edgequake combo of course, then it has ice shard which get priority and takes care of grass types and fire fang which takes out ice types. All out he has great coverage and can even function as a sort of physical wall if used right.

I didn't realize how sick this thing's attack was, but he's got more than alot of pokemon. Very nice, sort of a tank. However, fire fang is useless, given that Stone Edge will do a lot more damage to the Ice types you're hoping to kill.
mr_man wrote:
Regice
252 Sp Def/252 Hp/6 Sp atk
Calm nature
Ability: Clear Body
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Amnesia

My brand new special wall, and im loving it. Regice has turned out to be a beast when it comes to being a special wall. After just one amnesia, coupled with its base 200 special defense stat it is able to wall some of the biggest special sweepers around. For its moves i use amnesia to boost its already monstrous special defense then i use thunder wave to shut down anything faster than me. usually i would have gone with toxic over thunder wave but this way it has more of a fighting chance against steel types. Then i start to wail on my opponenet with the famous boltbeam combo which has almost unbeatable type coverage. So too summarise. i LOVE this thing. :D

Amnesia is not really a very good move for Regice, as his special defense is already ridiculously high, and the majority of the time, you're going to use amnesia while your opponent is switching in a physical pokemon to shut you down. So I would replace that with perhaps Rest or something. My favorite Regice is max evs in DEF and HP, with a bold nature, and BoltBeam plus Rest and Sleep talk. But if you want to keep it purely special, that's cool as well, just get rid of amnesia. Hope I helped :D

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:45 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

[Game] Pokemon Online
[Team Theme] Balanced
[Battling Envoirment] OU
[Team Preview] No
[Reply] Post

Okay, here's my team! Thanks in advance for rating.

Bronzong-Levitate
252 HP/84 Attack/80 Defense/92 Sp. Def.
Nature: Sassy Item: Leftovers
Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock
Hidden Power (Ice)
Earthquake

As I was building this team, I needed a reliable lead that could use Rocks, and tank at the same time. Bronzong is the obvious choice. Stealth Rock is for hazards that no Pokemon enjoys. To prevent from being Taunt bait, I have Hidden Power (with 0 speed IVs) which compliments Gyro Ball, and I have Earthquake for coverage. If I'm up against a speedy Pokemon who doesn't resist Gyro Ball, then I Gyro Ball away. If the opponet is slow, I pick between Hidden Power and Earthquake, whichever one I think will do more damage. The EV's are for bulk and slight offensive power. I use leftovers for constant healing and Sassy to lower its Speed even further.

Gengar-Leviate
4 HP/252 Sp. Att./252 Speed.
Nature: Timid Item: Expert Belt
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power (Fire)
Thunderbolt

This Pokemon is, in my opinion, the best special sweeper in OU. I tried using Calm Mind Latios, but I seem to prefer Gengar. The EVs are max offensive power, obviously, with the leftover ones in HP. Focus Blast is for nailing Steels and Rock types, combined with Shadow Ball for near perfect coverage. Thunderbolt is to KO (or cripple) bulky waters and Hidden Power is for Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Forretress, huge threats this gen. Expert Belt is used for extra power to super effective moves, but should I use Choice Specs for more damage output?

Chansey-Natural Cure
252 HP/252 Defense/ 4 Sp. Def,
Nature: Bold Item: Eviolite.
Aromatherapy
Seismic Toss
Softbolied
Toxic

It makes me a little sad that this thing isn't firm OU. It is just as bulky, if not more, as Blissey. I tried both with the same exact moves and Evs, and got better results with Chansey because it can take physical hits so much better. Eviolite is obviously for insane bulk. Softboiled provides recovery and Aromatherapy is used to make her a Cleric. Seismic Toss is, sadly, Chansey's only shot at damage so it's there. Toxic is for breaking down non Steel/Poison walls as well as providing some stall. The EVs and nature are for as much physical bulk as possible. Natural Cure is to remove unwanted status.

Hitmontop-Technician
252 HP/252 Attack/4 Defense
Nature: Adamant Item: Life Orb
Fake Out
Sucker Punch
Mach Punch
Close Combat/Stone Edge

That's right: Triple priority! This is the counter for Excadrill, as Fake Out then Mach Punch KOs. Sucker Punch is for Ghost and Psychic types that try to ruin my fun. The EVs are for maximum bulk and power. Adamant gives its Attack a nice boost. Life Orb is just another item in its mission to do as much damage as possible. I'm not sure if I should use Close Combat or Stone Edge. Both have worked well, but I need only one move.

Mienshao-Regenerator
252 Attack/ 4 Sp. Att./ 252 Speed
Nature: Naive Item: Life Orb
U-Turn
Stone Edge
Hi Jump Kick
Hidden Power (Ice)

I know it seems like a bad idea to use two fighting types, but they each serve a different purpose. Hitmontop is meant as counter to top tier Speed/Power threats while Mienshao is used mainly to sweep. Hi Jump Kick delivers crazy high damage and STAB, while Stone Edge gets nice coverage. U-Turn works great with Regenerator, as well as healing off Life Orb damage. Hidden Power is used to nab a suprise KO against Dragon types, particualrly Dragonite. Naive is used to boost Speed, without taking any power from Sp. Att. Its Speed isn't the best, so I'm think of using a Choice Scarf.

Rotom-W-Levitate
252 HP/136 Defense/120 Sp. Def.
Nature: Calm Item: Leftovers
Discharge
Hydro Pump
Will-o-wisp
Substitute

This is me combining the EVs of a normal ResTalk set with moves for the Defensive one. I personally love Substitute far better than Pain Split for a few reasons. Here's how it works: I send Rotom on a Physical Attacker and use Will-o-wisp (bar Guts users.) I predict the switch and use Substitute. If it's a fast special sweeper, I try and Paralyze with Discharge so I can outrun it. If it's another physical sweeper, I Will-o-wisp it again and my Substitute becomes that much more durable. Calm is to boost Sp. Def. because I'll burn the physical ones anyway. Hydro Pump is for newly-added STAB, as well as dishing out nice damage.

Overall, my team fares well with the top tier threats (Excadrill, Tyranitar, Scizor) but doesn't do as well against the lower tiered ones (Conkledurr, Scrafty, Toxicroak). This is my first team though, so please be gentle :) Thanks again for the rate!

I play on the Smogon PO server. If it's not up, then expect me on the Pokemon Online server. I play 5th gen UU, but I am more than happy to play 5th gen OU and Ubers

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:16 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I will continue to post teams up in this thread every month whilst I remain on this site. XD

[Game] Pokemon Online
[Team Theme] What? Salamence is gunna kick ur face in that's what!
[Battling Envoirment] OU
[Team Preview] Yes, and now I'm happy about that. Mind Games ftw!
[Reply] Post

Right, GarChump has been banned for 10 days now and I'm not really seeing SS teams trail off into Sun and Rain like I thought they would, but they are in the most part less effective now. But with ScarfChump now all wrapped up in Ubers I decided it was time to bring back an old favourite who I expect to get a much better look in now the land shark is gone. Salamence is coming, I promise.

Basic premise around the team build, started with Salamence. Decided that I needed something to take Draco Meteors from Scarf Hydreigon and so Eviolite Chansey joined the crew. Forretress came in next as I needed someone to take the physical side for Chansey and to lay down and clear SR for Mence. I decided Excadrill was going to be a real issue so Unaware Quagsire joined the crew. I wanted a revenge killer that could easily come in on Grass attacks aimed at Quaggy and Ice attacks aimed at Mence so Choice Scarf Chandelure was added. After running a fair few pokemon in the last slot I finally settled on Virizion for 2 main reasons, a) Sand and Rain teams are **** scared of it, b) Everyone seems to switch their Gliscor in on it for some strange reason.

Now if you bothered to read that...good for you! If not, THE TEAM!

Image @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Virizion sits first in my team preview, this is for one reason and one reason only, it either stops people sending out their Tyranitar or Politoed first, or if they do regardless I know they are packing either Fire Punch or Ice Beam respectively. This thing will never ever enter the battle first, as it is one of my two sweepers and very valuable at netting surprise KO's, especially on Gliscor apparently as people love to switch that thing in on me. Pretty standard set, Ev's and nature purely there to help it sweep as effectively as possible. Giga Drain for STAB + Recovery outside of lefties. Focus Miss for Blissey/Chansey/Ferrothorn, HP Ice for Dragons that would otherwise laugh at it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flame Body
- Overheat
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

Pretty standard Revenge Killer, come in on something thats been weakened, and then smash it with Overheat. Not much to say here really, offers up good type synergy with Chansey, Quagsire and Virizion covering their main weaknesses, obviously it's not designed to tank hits but it can take acouple of Not Very Effectives and chase them all away with the threat of STAB Overheat. Has become a key member of the team despite it's frailty. Energy Ball is for Swampert/Quagsire, Shadow Ball for Gengar/Lati@s mainly, Psychic for Conkledurr but I will only risk Chandy when the Conkle is at approx 60%.

Considering swapping Flame Body with Flash Fire to help protect Forretress some more but I do like the chance of burning a Excadrill that I've decided to sac Chandy on purely for that chance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stockpile
- Toxic
- Recover
- Scald

Oh Quagsire, will you please forgive me for saying I don't like you when Aquadude recommended you to me before? In all honesty, this thing is my new favourite pokemon (battling purposes not actualy favourite). It checks literally every physical sweeper that's inside the top 50. Stockpile up, Recover off the damage, Scald away if they're a Steel type (I'm looking at you Excadrill and Scizor), or Toxic them and then proceed to Scald if they aren't, at +3 I'm not really to concerned about the damage drop, the other day an Excadrill got a crit on me whilst I was Stockpiling and only did 47%. Pure, defensive bliss. <3

Image (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

The guy this team was built around and for. Get in on DD and it can wreck, get in 2 DD's and it outspeeds Jolly 252 Speed Sand Rush Excadrill in the Sand, and 2HKO's with Fire Blast or OHKO's with EQ if it doesn't have a Balloon. Basically 2 DD's can be gg, because this thing is just as beastly as I remember. I'm so surprised he doesn't see more use, a perfect counter to Scizor, is only 3HKO'd by Excadrill's Rock Slide, so regardless of Dragon Dance, aslong as you don't get Crit hax your still winning that war, and Gliscor is scared to switch in on his Outrage, the pokemon regarded as one of the best physical walls this Gen. Does his job well, let's put it that way, but he does need a Dragon Dance and that is his down fall, so many pokemon carry HP Ice these days it's ridiculous. Brilliant pokemon if given adequate support.

Image (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss

Now, where to begin. Basically, this is my teams MVP. Chansey takes hit on the special side like a Champ and just wishes off the damage whilst slowly Seismic Tossing it's way to victory if they choose to stay in. She keeps those crippling status conditions away, keeps Forretress alive for most of the game which is just so valuable because Forretress is an extremely important cog in this teams mesh of gears. Is always one of my last 3 pokemon, always, and takes physical hits surprisingly well. Without Chansey I'm certain my win ratio with this team wouldn't be anywhere near as high as it is. Chansey > Blissey. Chansey for President!

Image (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball

My lead, regardless of positioning at the back of the team, he quite simply has the most important job on this team, with Salamence and Chandelure SR weak and nothing liking TS floating around I need him to win the hazard war every time, which he does, admittedly he often gets a fair chunk of help from Chansey along the way, receiving atleast 2 wishes a match (Sturdy is a god send :lol: ). Main priority is to get down Toxic Spikes, because my team has a fair chunk of stalling potential in it and it's nice to make full use of it, and then most things that are immune to TS are steels who resist SR anyway, but he does get down all 3 layers practically every time whilst also keeping my side clear. Is also the Pokemon I turn to when Outrage comes out to play and a Gyro Ball from his pitiful speed hurts almost anyone.

Anyway, I've been battling on both the Pokemon Online and the Smogon Server for the past 4 days and well, out of around 30 battles I've had about 10 people rage quit, around 5 Salamence Sweeps, 8 Stall wins between my strong defensive core and TS, 2 games where I had atleast 3 Pokemon fall to Critical Hits and never recovered, and 5 genuine plain out played and out thought loses. I find I'm strong against weather teams in general, although sun can give me some issues. I mainly lose to Stall teams, as Mence is never given the opportunity to punch holes, and they can play around my rather limited 3 member core with their generally larger defensive core and stall me out.

I have high hopes for this team because in some cases it's making me look good, which I'll openly admit I'm really not. Any advice on moves, EV's, strategies and straight up replacements will be appreciated and tested heavily. Thank You and Good Night.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ok sorry I havent rated any teams in a very long time. I will redeem myself by rating both yaysnivy34's and Mutant_Mewtwo's teams! Will edit as I go...

Quote:
yaysnivy34 wrote:
Bronzong-Levitate
252 HP/84 Attack/80 Defense/92 Sp. Def.
Nature: Sassy Item: Leftovers
Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock
Hidden Power (Ice)
Earthquake

Looks good for the standard tank. But on Smogon they say to run 2 Speed IVs. I think it has to do with running HP Ice, but meh, just try that.

yaysnivy34 wrote:
Gengar-Leviate
4 HP/252 Sp. Att./252 Speed.
Nature: Timid Item: Expert Belt
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power (Fire)
Thunderbolt

You should most likely replace one of your moves with Substitute since Gengar will die to even weaker attacks. Use that over HP Fire since you already have super effective fighting moves.

yaysnivy34 wrote:
Chansey-Natural Cure
252 HP/252 Defense/ 4 Sp. Def,
Nature: Bold Item: Eviolite.
Aromatherapy
Seismic Toss
Softbolied
Toxic

Extreme special wall. Replace Softboiled with Wish so she can heal your teammates as well. Other than that, looks good.

yaysnivy34 wrote:
Hitmontop-Technician
252 HP/252 Attack/4 Defense
Nature: Adamant Item: Life Orb
Fake Out
Sucker Punch
Mach Punch
Close Combat/Stone Edge

Looks good for TechniTop. And for the 4th move, do Close Combat since it allows more power, while Stone Edge is not as powerful and its accuracy hurts.

yaysnivy34 wrote:
Mienshao-Regenerator
252 Attack/ 4 Sp. Att./ 252 Speed
Nature: Naive Item: Life Orb
U-Turn
Stone Edge
Hi Jump Kick
Hidden Power (Ice)

Great all-out attacker. Nothing to say here...

yaysnivy34 wrote:
Rotom-W-Levitate
252 HP/136 Defense/120 Sp. Def.
Nature: Calm Item: Leftovers
Discharge
Hydro Pump
Will-o-wisp
Substitute

Huh, Substitute is quite original. Overall, this looks good.

On your overall team, it looks pretty good. Don't have much more to say though- now go fight!

Quote:
Mutant_Mewtwo wrote:
Image @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Looks good for Viriziron. Not really anything to say...

Mutant_Mewtwo wrote:
Image (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flame Body
- Overheat
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

Wow I never knew how deadly revenge killer Chandelure can be. Only thing to say is, like you said, you should replace Flame Body to Flash Fire. That way you can switch into a Fire attack and make its already extreme Overheat even more powerful.

Mutant_Mewtwo wrote:
Image (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
- Stockpile
- Toxic
- Recover
- Scald

Again I never knew how much of a threat Quagsire is to weather teams! But why have Relaxed without any physical moves? Do Bold instead.

Mutant_Mewtwo wrote:
Image (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Standard DD Salamance. But replace Lefties with Life Orb for the added sheer power. And you might want to change the nature to Naive and give the 4 EVs to SpA so Fire Blast won't loose power.

Mutant_Mewtwo wrote:
Image (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss

Awesome utility poke. You might want to change Protect to Toxic so you can drain away the foe's health (and won't be helpless against a ghost type).
Also: Image

Mutant_Mewtwo wrote:
Image (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball

Good Forretress. But you could consider dropping Gyro Ball (and nature to Impish) and replace it with Spikes considering his lowish attack...

Overall, great defensive team. One thing to consider is adding some more physical power in there. Like changing Chandelure to a much faster and more versitile revenge killer, like Landorus (it can also run HP Ice). Though like you said, Chandelure covers a big weakness to the team- Grass.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:46 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thankyou Shuckle. Can't believe I didn't notice Quagsire's nature and I feel like a fool for running Fire Blast and - SAtk on Mence. XD

Landorus doesn't seem like a bad move, with Sand Force he would be extremely useful and Quagsire wouldn't be required so much, but he would be my second 4x Ice Weakness and I would be down to only one Ice Resist in Forretress. Any other ideas? Choice Scarf Kyurem maybe? Can run almost identical set but with Draco Meteor over Overheat and Ice Beam/Blizzard over Energy Ball. Lose base 15 Sp.Att but gain Base 15 Speed. Hmmmm. No. Suggestions? :oops:

And lastly, I'm not to sure about your suggestion for Forretress. Triple entry hazard and Rapid Spin? Forretress may not be all that strong attack wise but he can still nab some surprise KO's with what is a rather powerful STAB Gyro Ball.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:35 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thanks for the rate! I run 0 speed IVs on Brozong and it's always Ice with 70 base power. I'll try Substitute on Gengar, looks like a great idea. I tried Wish with Chansey with zero success so I may keep Softboiled, but I'll try Wish. Thanks again!

I play on the Smogon PO server. If it's not up, then expect me on the Pokemon Online server. I play 5th gen UU, but I am more than happy to play 5th gen OU and Ubers

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

[Game] Pokemon White
[Team Theme] Grass->water-> fire Triangle
[Battling Envoirment] Currently in testing at the battle Subway (currently in single train)
[Team Preview] No (?)
[Reply] Post

Ok so Im tryin to make another team thats on par or better than my Meinshoa And Zapdos tag team. I starting to see the need for me to put some bulkier pokes on my team as it seems that I tend to get destroyed by WIFI players...

The team below is the Grass water fire triangle trianlge(yes, I know the team isnt very bulky). It does pretty well in battle 1->14 but seems to get destroyed in battle 15-17.

Roseradelvl 50
6hp/252 Sp.att/ 252 speed
Natural cure
Modest nature
Big Root

Giga drain
shadow ball
Sludge bomb
HP (ground)

This is a retweak of a Roserade I had in my platinum game. Rosrade acts as a specila sweeper. Giga drain is stab and for heal. Sluge bomb is a powerful second stab move and takes care of other grass types . Shadow ball takes care of psychic types. I was going for Hp rock as it would help against more threats posed to Roserade. But HP ground does rather well taking down steels(which could wall roserade) and Fires in one hit (or 2 depending on who it is). Roserade can take a few hits, but not that many maybe 2 or 3. All in all Roserade does rather well.

Sharpedo lvl 50
6hp/252 Att/ 252 speed
Speed boost
adamant nature
IS currently not holding an item

.... OK so sharpedo. The last team it was in didnt really do too well.I find that shrpedo does work rather well here, covering both of Roserades type weaknesses. Waterfall and Crunch are stab. EQ is for power and def against electric types. And protect is for an extra speed boost. One draw back is that sharpedo cant really switch in as it gets OHKOed. And it should be holding a Life orb, but I dont have the Bp at the moment. AS I said befoer sharpedo works well with Roserade becuase of shrpedos typings, but this guy cant really switch in.... I may try the other water/dark poke once I get him Ev trained and such.

Emboar
Evs are too spread out to determine individual values
Blaze
Charcoal
Quirky

heat crash
flamethrower
flamecharge
brick break

Err this is just my starter. Isnt really battle worthy, but is my only Fire starter that is battle ready. Im im NOT a fan on emboar due its limited movepool. The moves you see are what been one there since the E4 and serve no real strategic elemnt exept to handle the pokes roserade and sharpedo couldnt take care off (mainly Ferrothorn and ferro seed) that and it does have some seem to have bulk to it. I am currently looking in to other fire types but can not state any here at the moment becasue i have not been able to narrow it down.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:05 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I not a certified rater or anything but for a good alternative to emboar for a great special sweeper would be magmortar - fireblast, psychic, thunderbolt, will o wisp. After will o wisp it is capable of minor physical walling as well, used it to sweep the elite four by itself at lvl 81 :)

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:15 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well apperantly, there are no team raters for Gen IV. So I bought Pokemon White and transfered my Poke's into them just to get them rated.

[Game]: White
[Team Theme]: Favorite Pokemon + Balanced
[Battling Environment]: Battle Subway, Friendly Matches, Wifi Matchup (Mostly Double, Triple).
[Restrictions]: No Uber Legendaries.

*DELETED*

Image Image Image Image Image Image - White
Image Image Image Image Image Image - OTeam

My Trading Thread (Closed)

Last edited by Xiahou on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:44 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Game:Black
Team Theme: Defense with Sweepers
Battling Environment: Battle Subway
Team Preview: N/A
Restriction: No move tutors, No Ubers
Reply: Post

I'm putting together a team to try and get through the Battle Subway and to make a team that could have probably done good in the VGC this year, but sadly they don't host those events in my area anymore. This team leads with Ferrothorn and Mandibuzz while the other get put in as needed. Yes I realize I only have 4 Pokemon on this team, I have it this way because I only will be able to use 4 in the Battle Subway.

First up:
Ferrothorn
Nature:Sassy
Ability: Iron Barbs
Item: Rocky Helmet
EV: 252 Hp, 128 Def, 128 SpDef
Stealth Rock
Power Whip
Gyro Ball
Thunder Wave/Toxic/Sandstorm
Ferrothorn is just main put there to deploy Stealth Rock. Everything else that Ferrothorn does is icing on the cake, but the way it's built is should last at least two turns. Ferrothorn is just a Pokemon that can take hits and set up traps for the enemy. He uses Gyro Ball because of his lousy speed and negative nature.

Joined with:
Mandibuzz
Nature: Modest
Ability: Overcoat
Item: Sitrus Berry
EV: 252 Hp, 124 Def, 124 SpDef, 8 Spd
Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse
Air Slash
Incinerate(?)
Mandibuzz has very good defenses and okay speed. This Mandibuzz can become a very decent sweeper when it can use Nasty Plot at least once. With the defenses and Nasty Plot in play Mandibuzz becomes a good partner to many defensive sets. Incinerate is just there for it's use to get rid of berries and hit those who have weakness to fire and low special defense.

Back-up #1:
Terrakion
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Justified
Item: Muscle Band
EV: 252 Att, 128 Def, 128 Spd
Stone Edge
Earthquake/X-Scissor
Swords Dance
Sacred Sword
Terrakion is basically a revenge killer. He doesn't have the best defenses, but with his attack and speed he can pack some heavy damage on the opposing team. If Terrakion gets the chance I let it use swords dance to try and hit the enemy that much harder. With Earthquake I get to attack both enemies, but X-scissor gives me type coverage over Psychic and Grass.

Back-up #2:
Reuniclus
EV: 128 Hp, 252 Def, 128 SpDef
Calm Mind
Psychic
Focus Blast/Thunder
Shadow Ball
In case I want to rescue on of my leads from dying I send out Reuniclus because it can take the enemy hits and throw them right back at them with it's awesome special attack. Reuniclus has his excellent type coverage. I think I might have him use Thunder over Focus Blast, so he can get coverage on Flying and Water type that usually wipeout my teams with similar Pokemon.

I've played Pokemon for 5 years and this is my first competitive team I've built yet. Just tell me what you think. Tell me it sucks, then tell me how to make it better. Tell me it's good, well then, that's good. Everyone has been tested.

http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=28487
I have an even better Trade Thread here:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3452985

Last edited by Biosci on Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

[Game]: Pokemon Black and White
[Team Theme]: Balanced
[Battling Environment]: OU double battles and Wi-Fi doubles
[Team Preview]: Dragonite, Gliscor, Weezing, Jellicent, Rotom H, Ferrothorn
[Reply]: PM

Mixed lead: Dragonite @ Life Orb
Quiet – EVs: 56 Atk, 252 Sp. Atk, 200 HP – IVs: 31 in Sp. Def and Def
Multi Scale
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Roost

Reasoning: Standing alone, Dragonite makes a great semi-bulky mixed attacker. Draco Meteor is just fantastic, I added Fire Blast for taking out Metagross, Ferrothorn, and Forretress, and Earthquake is for special sponges like Blissey. Roost is to heal back the damage taken from attacks and from Life Orb. Also, some HP EVs to increase his lifespan. I’ll still have to swap out against Ice Beaming Choice Specs Kingdra, but there was no way to avoid that.

Combinations: My general plan is to pair him up with Weezing, who will Haze off the negative stats from Draco Meteor and burn dangerous physical attackers, specifically stone edge users (aside from the ones with Guts, which is where my next partner comes in).

Fighting Type Counter: Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Careful – EVs: 150 Sp. Def, 174 Def, 180 Atk – IVs: 31 in Def and Atk
Poison Heal
- Protect
- Acrobatics
- Fling
- Earthquake

Reasoning: I doubt I’ll be using this guy unless I see a dangerous looking fighting type on the Team Preview screen, or an obvious sandstorm team. His set is pretty common and reasonably effective. Heal with the Toxic Orb, fling it off at any non-Guts Pokemon and STAB Acrobatics away at any fighting types. Earthquake is just for extra coverage, and because I’m doubtful about substitute working in a doubles situation. Protect is for, well, protecting. Stalling is always nice, especially if your opponent is poisoned by Fling.

Combinations: What I throw out with this guy really depends on what other Pokemon are on the field. I don’t intend to ever use him as a lead, rather, he is switch-in to be used only when I want him. Obviously, Rotom H, Dragonite, or Weezing would be the best partner choices, because of their immunity to Earthquake.

Supporting Tank: Weezing @ Black Sludge
Sassy – EVs: 252 Def, 252 Sp. Def, 4 Atk – IVs: 31 in Def and Sp. Def
Levitate
- Flamethrower
- Will-o-wisp
- Explosion
- Haze

Reasoning: Pretty much, he’s there to support the rest of my team, especially Dragonite and possibly Rotom H. Haze is both for assisting my team and destroying the opponent’s buffs, Will-o-wisp is for crippling physical sweepers, Flamethrower is for putting a dent in the steel types that would resist Explosion. Explosion is just a last-ditch move for going out with a bang when Weezing can’t survive any longer.

Combinations: Specifically designed him to assist Dragonite, but I would throw him out there with anyone. He is my second lead Pokemon, unless I see a specifically themed team coming my way.

Sponge: Jellicent @ Leftovers
Bold – EVs: 252 HP, 128 Sp. Def, 128 Def – IVs: 31 in HP and Def
Water Absorb
- Recover
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Taunt

Reasoning: He’s here to sponge up any and all ice attacks, water attacks, and just attacks in general. Leftovers is the obvious choice for Jellicent’s item. Recover is to get back any lost HP, Scald is for inflicting burns and a little extra damage. Ice Beam is for at least a neutral hit on dragons (Kingdra), and Taunt is to stop opposing tanks like Reuniclus healing away damage, as well as halting status spreaders in their tracks (admittedly, not a very fast Pokemon to put it on, but at least it’ll annoy Spore spamming Amoonguss).

Combinations: I originally put him on the team to switch in to Weezing’s Explosions, so she is another of the three Pokemon I will likely use in my battles every time. He would also likely be my go-to guy for pairing up with Gliscor.

Physical Wall: Rotom H @ Choice Scarf
Modest – EVs: 252 Def, 252 Sp. Def, 4 Sp. Atk – IVs: 31 in Def and Sp. Def
Levitate
- Pain Split
- Trick
- Overheat
- Discharge

Reasoning: I wanted a fire type with little weaknesses for my fifth slot. I’m a huge fan of the high defenses and ability to Trick that Rotom boasts, so I went to Rotom H for my next team member. Trick is for crippling really anything that needs to heal between attacks, buff, or do anything except spam one attack move. Especially crippling in double battles because of the high price of switching out. Pain Split is a rather unreliable but OK recovery move, considering Rotom H’s low HP. Overheat and Thunderbolt are his two STAB moves for inflicting damage upon the opponent, and potentially (although unlikely) paralysis.

Combinations: He will go wherever he’s needed, especially if Weezing is there to restore his downed Sp. Atk. Supposed to be able to swap into fire type attacks, and electric type attacks.

Special Wall: Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Careful - EVs: 252 HP, 130 Sp. Def, 126 Def - IVs: 31 in HP and Sp. Def
Iron Barbs
- Power Whip
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Toxic

Reasoning: He's the perfect solution to my issues with resisting dark and rock type attacks, and has a pretty good survival rate with SubSeed. Power Whip is my main STAB against Jellicent, and Toxic assists him in stalling the opponent to a thorny grave. Rocky Helmet + Iron Barbs makes him very painful for physical attackers that he can be switched into.

Combinations: He's mainly a bulky water counter, so his best partner would be Jellicent. Although Jellicent wouldn't be able to damage the water type, he'd be able to provide some decent coverage against the flying types that threaten Ferrothorn, and taunt trouble causing opposing Jellicents with will-o-wisp. Also, double tanks, awwww yeaaahhhh!

Me, my pokemon, and I (Sapphire).

Shinies: All from Diamond.
Alchemy and Byrd, the twin Ponytas.
Hope the Shinx.

Last edited by PKMNaddictSora on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:45 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Minun lv 100
timid
@leftovers
252HP/4SpD/252Spe

Baton pass
Nasty Plot
Encore
Thunderbolt

Walrein lv 100
@leftovers
Bold
Ice body
220HP/232Def/56Spe

Protect
Substitute
Toxic
Surf

Plusle lv 100
@life orb
Timid
252SpA/4SpD/252Spe

Nasty plot
Encore
Thunderbolt
Hidden power ice

Cacturne lv 100
@Bright powder
Adamant
252Atk/4Spd/252Spe

Swords dance
Sucker punch
Encore
Seedbomb

Gardevoir lv 100
@Choice Scarf
Modest
Trace
4Def/252SpA/252Spe

Psychic
Thunderbolt
Focus blast
Shadow ball

Hariyama lv 100
@Flame orb
Adamant
Guts
252Atk/164SpD/92Spe

Fake out
Close combat
Payback
Ice punch

PLEASE RATE!!!!!!!! :D

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:32 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Team Theme: Trick Room
Purpose: Battle Subway
Generation: V

Reuniclus
Ability: Magic Bounce
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Modest ( -Attack +Sp. Attack)
Moves: Psychic, Reflect, Light Screen, Trick Room
EV's: 252 sp. attack / 128 sp. defense / 128 hp

This guy is mainly a "trick room set-up", but can also be used as sweeper. First move used is usually Trick Room (unless the opponent is slower than my Reuniclus which rarely happens). Trick Room can't fail since the opponent can't OHKO me due to Focus Sash. Then if it's clear my Reuniclus can take a few hits, I set up Reflect / Light Screen depending on what kind of attacks the opponent specializes in. After that I just hit the opponent hard with Psychic.

Druddigon
Ability: Rough Skin
Nature: Adamant (+Attack -Sp. Attack)
Moves: Dragon Claw, Crunch, Fire Fang, Earthquake
EV's: 252 attack / 128 sp. defense / 128 defense

Druddigon usually comes out on Pokemon that it's super-effective against. Like Ghost, Grass, Bug, Rock, Steel, Electric, Fire & Psychic. Rarely comes out against Dragon & Ice but will if needed. Leftovers is to help slowly refill life.

??????
?????
???
??
?

Yes, I need help deciding which Pokemon to use for my third slot. Preferably a slow one due to the trick room effect. I'm thinking a base speed of 60 - 80 would be good in case Trick Room wears off. Help?

Time Zone: MDT (Mountain Daylight Time)
Trading Thread

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

GofD, Bosci and Sora, sorry for the wait, I will try and rate your teams in the next few days.

Bottomsup, you need to have a 3rd poke, just put something there that sounds good. Also Reni doesn't get Magic Bounce. (I assume Magic Guard?)

Minun Walrein, your missing a lot of info, please re-read the 1st post.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

For GofD:
GofD wrote:
Roseradelvl 50
6hp/252 Sp.att/ 252 speed
Natural cure
Modest nature
Big Root

Giga drain
shadow ball
Sludge bomb
HP (ground)

This looks pretty good. You might(?) want to consider changing its nature to Timid since she already has high SpA and lower speed. Also, you could give it a Life Orb or even a Choice Specs to make it deal more damage.

GofD wrote:
Sharpedo lvl 50
6hp/252 Att/ 252 speed
Speed boost
adamant nature
IS currently not holding an item

Er, I assume from your description the moves are Waterfall/Crunch/EQ/Protect. Anyway, looks good. And like you said, a Life Orb would be good on him. Or you could try a Focus Sash since he won't be surviving many attacks anyway.

And for your Emboar, like you said, you can probably replace him. May I recomend an Infernape with:
Hasty/Naive Nature
252Atk / 4SpA / 252Spe
Flamethrower/Overheat
Close Combat
Thunder Punch
Stone Edge/Rock Slide
A more 'mixed' set (physicaly oriented) for him with some type coverage that the other pokes don't have. But if your teams follows the Item Clause then you could try an Expert Belt on him, since he hits several types SE.
But if you can't get an Infernape you could try a Volcarona with Quiver Dance/Fiery Dance/Bug Buzz/HP Rock. Though I'm not sure if the Battle Subway will round pokes above level 50 back down to Lv50..

Hope this helped!

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

bottomsupfellas wrote:
Team Theme: Trick Room
Purpose: Battle Subway
Generation: V

Reuniclus
Ability: Magic Gaurd it does not get magic bounce
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Modest ( -Attack +Sp. Attack)
Moves: Psychic, Reflect, Light Screen, Trick Room
EV's: 252 sp. attack / 128 sp. defense / 128 hp

This guy is mainly a "trick room set-up", but can also be used as sweeper. First move used is usually Trick Room (unless the opponent is slower than my Reuniclus which rarely happens). Trick Room can't fail since the opponent can't OHKO me due to Focus Sash. Then if it's clear my Reuniclus can take a few hits, I set up Reflect / Light Screen depending on what kind of attacks the opponent specializes in. After that I just hit the opponent hard with Psychic.

I see what you want i'll your reuniclus the way it is because it looks like a solid trick room lead

Druddigon
Ability: Rough Skin
Nature: Adamant (+Attack -Sp. Attack)
Moves: Dragon Claw, Crunch, Fire Fang, Earthquake
EV's: 252 attack / 128 sp. defense / 128 defense

Druddigon usually comes out on Pokemon that it's super-effective against. Like Ghost, Grass, Bug, Rock, Steel, Electric, Fire & Psychic. Rarely comes out against Dragon & Ice but will if needed. Leftovers is to help slowly refill life.

I've tried a druddigon like that in a trick room environment it is better outside of it
so instead i'm going to reccomend Ferrothorn espicially if you still want the kick back

I'm going to give you my ev spread for my competitive ferrothorn but the set is one i've never used but looks like it'll thrive in trick room
Ferrothorn @ leftovers
Ability: iron barbs
Nature: sassy (+Special defense -Speed)
IV's Speed:0 but if you can't get that as few as possible excluding 0
Ev's: HP 124 Atk 104 Def 88 Sp. Def 192
Moveset: Leech seed, protect, Gyro ball, Power whip

This makes an excellent switch on anything not named houndoom or chandelure
The ev's are to lure your opponent into hitting you physically so they get the recoil from iron barbs 320 Def vs. 347 Sp. Def
The hp is set up for leftovers and I threw the rest on attack to give ferrothorn some surprising punch

In my opinion The great thing about ferrothorn is it can play both offensively and defensively very well I figure because it is in trick room you can get a leech seed off with little issue you can then use protect to scout your opponents move and the other two moves are to overpower the opponent be careful this one does not like other ferrothorn

Quote:
??????
?????
???
??
?

Yes, I need help deciding which Pokemon to use for my third slot. Preferably a slow one due to the trick room effect. I'm thinking a base speed of 60 - 80 would be good in case Trick Room wears off. Help?

well I've looked at the options and i think a mixed dragonite works the best in your case i'd give it a yache berry tinker with the ev's of this pokemon because i 'm not sure how i'd ev it the set I was thinking is Earthquake Dragon Claw Flamethrower and because you will need every other stat to be some what good I'd give it a quiet nature
It'll be kind of slow but for all of the type coverage you have it should work well

This is all the help i can give because i'm not completely sure what will work if you need more help go to mason or someone who is a better rater then myself.

I hope i helped

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:19 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thanks for that S-R. I am actully considering getting the wise glasses for roserade, I just need to get some more BP. And I think ill keep with the modest nature right now, cause ihave no idea how I managed to give it HP ground...

Sorry about fotgetting the moves for sharpedo, but yeah those are the moves. I did manage to get a life orb, and although it still cant switch in, I am finding it easier to take down pokes with him

And infernape or Volcanra huh? Hmmmm, I do happen to have 2 larvesta im lookin at for EV train(modest+Timid)...Any suggeston on the nature?

Again thanks for the help.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:04 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GofD wrote:
Thanks for that S-R. I am actully considering getting the wise glasses for roserade, I just need to get some more BP. And I think ill keep with the modest nature right now, cause ihave no idea how I managed to give it HP ground...

Sorry about fotgetting the moves for sharpedo, but yeah those are the moves. I did manage to get a life orb, and although it still cant switch in, I am finding it easier to take down pokes with him

And infernape or Volcanra huh? Hmmmm, I do happen to have 2 larvesta im lookin at for EV train(modest+Timid)...Any suggeston on the nature?

Again thanks for the help.

Modest is still good for Roserade. And it is very hard to get a good nature AND HP ground, so stick with her

Remember with Sharpedo, Focus Sash is still an option, so you can survive a hit (and switch in easier)

For your fire poke, Infernape has a wider move pool and better 'mixed' stats, but Volcarona has higher special attack and special defense, but not as big of a movepool. If you do Volcarona then do a Timid nature, since with the Battle Subway speed seems to be more important

Just some more tips! ;)

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:26 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Game: B/W
Theme: Offence
Environment: Dream World OU
Preview: Doesn't matter, I usually play with it off, but I don't rely on surprise switches or stuff like that
Reply: Either, post is fine
Notes: Yeah, I know Genesect isn't out yet, this isn't gonna be my real team until Genesect gets released (and by then the metagame will probably have changed too much for this to work). But still, I'm using this on PO, and I just wanna know how it sounds to the pros.

{smeargle} Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Own Tempo
Brave
No EVs
Level 1, 0 Speed IVs, 0 HP IVs
-Trick Room
-Spore
-Endeavor
-Dragon Rage

...Yeah, another FEAR pokemon. Only this is quite a unique one I saw someone else use, and got permission to steal it. Trick Room is my first move, and means my Smeargle will move first unless it's a Breloom, Conkeldurr, etc. I can then Spore them and Endeavor them, then Dragon Rage them to their death. At full health, Endeavor gets them to 12 HP, and Dragon Rage is pretty much a guranteed kill after Leftovers and Poison Heal recovery. Unlike other FEARs, though, this also gets screwed by taunt, as well as residual damage and priority. However, most other weaknesses of the set are eliminated. Ghosts no longer render this useless, as Smeargle can still Spore them and switch to Cloyster. Another thing is that this can be used more than once, provided I've stayed in. After one Pokemon goes down, Trick Room will still be in effect for another turn. I can spore the switch in, then Trick Room again, then repeat with Endeavor and Dragon Rage. One interesting thing, is that a lot of Pokemon that beat this Smeargle, such as ghosts, will not switch out when they are asleep, simply because they seem to think a Smeargle can't do anything to them. That's when I can switch in Breloom or Cloyster, and all hell can break loose. It sounds unlikely in theory, but it's worked for me more often than not on PO. While this lead usually breaks down only one emeny, I have managed to successfully take out half of bad teams with this, and a particularly funny match had me sweeping a whole team of a Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Rayquaza, Groudon and Kyogre, even if that wasn't the most competitive of opponents. Of course, this set still has the weakness of being a FEAR pokemon, and if you have a good substitute for this, I'm all ears.
-If a Spore hits a ghost, they may not switch, and Breloom and Cloyster can set up
-The sacrifice Pokemon. Any opposing Breloom, Smeargle or that kind of thing turn up, and my Smeargle is still alive, he can absorb the status and let Sleep Clause take effect.

{heatran} Heatran @ Air Balloon
Flash Fire
Timid
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6 HP
30 Attack IVs, 30 Defence IVs
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power Ice
-Stealth Rock

Yeah, it's your generic Heatran. Fire Blast for raw power, Earth Power and Hidden Power for coverage. Stealth Rock if there's the opportunity. Air Balloon to eliminate a good percentage of Heatran's checks. Most Hidden Power Ices have max IVs except Speed. I prefer to take out Attack and Defence so I can at least speed tie with other Heatrans.
-Part of my FWG core.
-Can switch into fire attacks aimed at Genesect and Breloom, or Will-O-Wisps aimed at Breloom and Cloyster.
-One of the Pokemon to use if Trick Room accidentally lingers on.

{breloom} Breloom @ Life Orb
Technician
Adamant
252 Att, 252 Spe, 6 HP
-Spore
-Swords Dance
-Mach Punch
-Bullet Seed

Another boring, standard Pokemon. Spore for sleep, Swords Dance if the opportunity arises, Mach Punch and Bullet Seed as offensive moves. Life Orb for added punch.
-Part of my FWG core.
-One of my setup sweepers that follows on well from Smeargle's Spore.

{cloyster} Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Skill Link
Adamant
252 Att, 252 Spe, 6 HP
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast
-Razor Blade
-Shell Smash

This guy serves a similar purpose to Breloom. See an opportunity for Shell Smash, then let rip. I've taken out Ice Shard from the standard set and replaced it with Razor Blade, as Breloom already has priority, and Genesect can sort of work as pseudo-priority with his speed. Razor Blade gives decent coverage and a second STAB move, but I'm starting to wonder if I can use his other options, which are Return and Poison Jab.
-Part of my FWG core.
-One of my setup sweepers that follows on well from Smeargle's Spore.
-One of the Pokemon to use if Trick Room accidentally lingers on.

{gliscor} Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Impish
252 HP, 186 Def, 72 Spe
-Subsitute
-Protect
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake

This is the defensive whale in a sea of offensive sharks. He helps beat a lot of Pokemon that would otherwise cause troubles for the team, such as Conkeldurr and Blaziken. Basically, he is the anti-threat Pokemon that is used to take out the counters to my core. Toxic Orb and Poison Heal for effective healing, and Subsitute and Protect for indefinite stalling. Ice Fang and Earthquake for coverage and killing. 72 speed EVs outspeed max speed Tyranitar.
-A defensive glue holding together my team.
-Can switch into earth attacks aimed at a popped Heatran, or electric attacks aimed at Cloyster, or status moves aimed at the others if he is already poisoned.
-One of the Pokemon to use if Trick Room lingers on.

{genesect} Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Download
Naive
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6 Att
-U-Turn
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

This is my favourite Pokemon on the team, my 2nd favourite Pokemon overall and the guy that keeps the momentum flowing. Surprisingly, there aren't too many base 100 scarfers out there to troll this guy. U-Turn for scouting and for killing psychic, grass and dark types. A download boosted U-Turn does 76% to Blissey. Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam are for coverage. If I get the download boost, I'll use the best move out of those three, and it usually destroys. I recently tried Hidden Power Water as a surprise move instead of Ice Beam, but unfortunately it doesn't OHKO Heatran, so that's out of the question.
-An offensive glue holding together my team.
-Can switch into Toxics aimed at Heatran and Cloyster.
-Revenge killer.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:25 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

How about this team...

Purpose: Battle Subway/Wi-Fi
Type: Sandstorm

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash (Wide Lens?)
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 attack, 128 defense, 128 sp. defense
Moves: Stone Edge, Crunch, Earthquake, Curse

So, a common and obvious lead. First in line, he's a slow but brawny sweeper AND a sandstorm set up. Curse is used to raise stats, Stone Edge is used for a powerful STAB, as is Crunch. Earthquake is just there for coverage. But should I swap Earthquake for Fire/Thunder Fang? And should I replace my Focus Sash with a Wide Lens?

Excadrill @ Leftovers (Focus Sash?)
Ability: Sand Rush
EV's: 252 attack, 252 speed
Moves: Earthquake, Aerial Ace, Sandstorm, Swords Dance

Another common sandstorm team member, my Excadrill gets cracking due to Sand Rush with Tyranitar's leftover sandstorm. Leftovers are there for support, but should I switch with Focus Sash to set up a Swords Dance / Sandstorm? Earthquake for a powerful STAB. Aerial Ace for brawny fighting types. Sandstorm if needed. Swords Dance if given the chance.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Adamant/Brave
EV's: 252 defense, 252 sp. defense
Moves: Gyro Ball, Confuse Ray (Toxic?) , Reflect, Light Screen

So, this guy is just there for support. He can set up Reflect/Light Screen when given the chance. He can confuse his enemies to be annoying. And he can hit hard with Gyro Ball. Only question here is: should I replace Confuse Ray with Toxic for things Gyro Ball wont deal with very well?

Time Zone: MDT (Mountain Daylight Time)
Trading Thread

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

dry wrote:
{smeargle} Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Own Tempo
Brave
No EVs
Level 1, 0 Speed IVs, 0 HP IVs
-Trick Room
-Spore
-Endeavor
-Dragon Rage

"Sometimes I Freeze..." Sorry I had to do that
Anyway, looks good for Lv1 Endeavor. But here's a tip from me: Give him a Neutral nature and 76 Speed EVs so in the incredibly rare event of Lv1 Smeargle vs Lv1 Smeargle, you will outspeed by one point and Spore him first. ;)

dry wrote:
{heatran} Heatran @ Air Balloon
Flash Fire
Timid
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6 HP
30 Attack IVs, 30 Defence IVs
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power Ice
-Stealth Rock

{breloom} Breloom @ Life Orb
Technician
Adamant
252 Att, 252 Spe, 6 HP
-Spore
-Swords Dance
-Mach Punch
-Bullet Seed

{cloyster} Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Skill Link
Adamant
252 Att, 252 Spe, 6 HP
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast
-Razor Blade
-Shell Smash

{gliscor} Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Impish
252 HP, 186 Def, 72 Spe
-Subsitute
-Protect
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake

{genesect} Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Download
Naive
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6 Att
-U-Turn
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

For the rest of your pokes, they look very good to me. I don't see any notable flaws or weaknesses, and they have good coverage.
Though one minor thing: If your Smeargle Spores someone and the foe gets away from a KO, then Sleep Clause will stop Breloom from Sporeing another foe. If that's a too big of an issue, then a Swords Dance Venusaur could replace him. But Breloom still seems like a better choice.

=========================================================================== =========================================================================== ===========================================================================

bottomsupfellas wrote:
Tyranitar @ Focus Sash (Wide Lens?)
Ability: Sand Stream
EV's: 252 attack, 128 defense, 128 sp. defense
Moves: Stone Edge, Crunch, Earthquake, Curse

Looks pretty good for a Curser. For the item, Leftovers would work best here to preserve his bulk here.
Since you don't have any special moves on your team, you could do a mixed set with Fire Blast and Ice Beam and a Quiet nature and some Special Attack EVs.

bottomsupfellas wrote:
Excadrill @ Leftovers (Focus Sash?)
Ability: Sand Rush
EV's: 252 attack, 252 speed
Moves: Earthquake, Aerial Ace, Sandstorm, Swords Dance

For him, a set of Swords Dance/Earthquake/Rock Slide/X-Scissor would be better since it gives him more coverage. And you don't need Sandstorm on here since Tyranitar already brings it up.
And for the item, Life Orb would be a lot better to amp up his attack.

bottomsupfellas wrote:
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant/Brave
EV's: 252 defense, 252 sp. defense
Moves: Gyro Ball, Confuse Ray (Toxic?) , Reflect, Light Screen

For the nature give it a Relaxed nature to power up Gyro Ball and raise its defense. And give it an EV spread of 252HP / 128Def / 128SpDef since it has higher defense than Health.
For your move issue, Stealth Rock would be the best choice, but if you don't have access to the TM in the older games, then Hypnosis is a good status move to cripple the foe.

Overall, this is a pretty decent in-game Sand Storm team. Though as said earlier, you lack some special power. A Rotom-Wash form can be good since it can throw several Special Attacks, like Hydro Pump and Thunderbolt.

If the other teams have not been rated in a few days, I'll go ahead and do them!

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:13 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Game:Black
Team Theme: Death by Shroom
Battling Environment: Battle Subway
Team Preview: N/A
Restriction: No move tutors, No Ubers
Reply: Post

Since my last team was skipped I thought I might as well get this one Rated instead. Okay, like the title says, this is a team for the Battle Subway. It only has four people, but that's just because I only use four at a time. Enjoy.

Lead #1
Amoonguss @Lum Berry
Ability: Effect Spore
Nature: Timid
EVs: 132 HP, 100 Def, 4 SpAtt, 20 SpDef, 252 Spe
-Spore
-Rage Powder
-Giga Drain
-Protect

When looking at this guy, you might think that all the Speed boosting stuff is useless, but the speed actually gives it about 85 speed through the IVs this one has. It can usually be on the field to put almost all of the opponents to sleep. It helps set up Reuniclus to use Dream Eater. Rage Powder gives it's partner the time necessary to do some good damage to the opponent. Protect does what it needs to do, Protect. Lum Berry protects him from status afflictions in the first turn.

Reuniclus @Life Orb
EVs: 128 HP, 252 Def, 128 SpDef
-Dream Eater
-Shadow Ball
-Protect
-Focus Blast

Even without any SpAtt EVs, Reuniclus still has some awesome offences. He is a great partner to my Amoonguss with spore support. Dream Eater is used for healing. Shadow Ball is for type coverage and use when Focus Blast is out of PP. Focus Blast can take out one of the Enemies while Amoonguss puts the other to sleep. Protect is used when Reuniclus can't do anything, but wait for the enemy to be put to sleep or taken out.

Heatran @Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP, 4 SpAtt, 252, SpDef
-Flamethrower
-Earth Power
-Protect
-Roar(?)

Heatran does wonders against those who take down Amoonguss. If there is a Fire type about to attack Amoonguss I switch with Heatran. Flamethrower is amazing against almost anything. What flamethrower can't cover I just simply use Earth Power to take them out. Protect is to just let the partner pokemon attack on it's own. Roar is a move that I'm a little bit unsure about keeping, so I'm looking for moves to replace that. Focus Sash gives him at least one turn to play.

Hydreigon @Wide Lens
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpAtt, 252 Spe
-Fire Blast
-Draco Meteor
-Protect
-Dark Pulse

Hydreigon is one of my Favorites. He has Perfect IVs and decent EVs. He has really good speed that is practically only beat by Gengar. His moves give good type coverage from his weaknesses. He's pretty much straight forward with his moveset. I gave him Wide Lens to help with the low accuracy of Fire Blast and Draco Meteor.

This team has been tested and was ranked a 5955. Just tell me what you think.

http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=28487
I have an even better Trade Thread here:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3452985

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Game: Pokémon Online
Team Theme: Flying Monotype
Battling Environment: Standard, single battle
Team Preview: On/Yes
Restriction: --
Reply: PM, if that's okay...

Image @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 Special Defense
-Protect
-Façade
-Pursuit
-U-Turn

Standard, all-purpose lead here. The strategy is fairly standard; Protect the first turn, let Flame Orb take effect, then use Facade for massive damage. The main reason I use Swellow over Ursarang is for Speed; this set really can't be pulled off without it. Pursuit is to deal with Ghost-types that are immune to Façade. U-turn is obviously for fleeing from things I know I can't KO in one turn (usually to one of the walls) and which I think will kill me. Does about 25% to the average Tyranitar. Another purpose Swellow does is serves as a scout of sorts. Since it can outspeed almost everything barring Deoxys, Aerodactyl and Jolteon (the latter of which is its main threat), it lets me know if something has a Choice Scarf so that I can respond appropriately. Unfortunately, this guy gets scared a lot by Rock, Ghost and Steel types.

Image @ Expert Belt
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 Special Defense
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Thunder Fang
-Ice Fang

Physical Sweeper. He's built for power, not Speed (though he still outspeeds pretty much everything). Also coverage. Aero (this one, at least) can score at least neutral on everything in the game, while also scoring a super-effective hit on Water types/its worst enemy ever in history. Since it is able to score super-effective hits on most types, I put on an Expert Belt as opposed to a Life Orb—more benefit, less pain. What it really hates are bulky Ghost-types and Water/grounds like Swampert which it can't even 2KO, or which will KO it in one hit. Also Jolteon.

Image @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 6 Special Defense
-Trick
-Rapid Spin
-Surf
-Hidden Power Fire

The wildcard, Special Sweeper and SR immobilizer. If I see my opponent has a lead that's normally a Stealth Rock Setupper, Starmie usually goes in first and while it's setting up SR Tricks its Choice Specs onto it. Then, after I kill it I rapid-spin away the hazards and then it's pretty much done with its job. HP Fire is for Steel-types, notably Forretress and Ferrothorn, while Surf is for STAB and pretty much everything else. What Starmie really CAN'T do is take out Rotom-W or Blissey. If it's Rotom-W, I'm pretty much dead.

Image @ Rocky Helmet
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 Defense, 252 HP, 6 Attack
-Stealth Rock
-Whirlwind/Roar
-Roost
-Steel Wing

Wall. Everyone knows this thing. It can easily withstand almost any physical attack, even after boosts. And not even by using Sturdy either. So basically, Skarm here is a wall. When it comes out, it tries to put up a SR, and if it needs to it can use Whirlwind to push out any threats. Roost is to frustrate opponents a lot and to stall, mainly. Steel Wing is the only offensive move. It may be switched out with Drill Peck (not Brave Bird; I don't like recoil on my wall), but personally I've found SW to be more useful. Plus it raises Defense. The thing is, it cannot take Special Hits. At all...which is why the below is here.

Image @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 Special Defense, 252 HP, 4 Defense
-Aqua Ring
-Toxic
-Scald
-Mirror Coat

Special Wall and support person. Aqua Ring is pretty much the only healing move Mantine gets. I WISH it got something better, really. Toxic is for stalling. Scald is also for support, having a 30% chance to pretty much kill physical sweepers and serving as a generally all-purpose attacking move. And Mirror Coat? Electricity Repellent. Particularly for Scarf Gengar and Jolteon. Focus Sash saves me at 1 HP after a Thunder/bolt and then...Mirror Coat and winning. Past that though, I /really/ wish Mantine was more versatile.

Image @ Life Orb
Nature: Bold
EVs: 126 Defense, 132 Special Defense, 252 HP
-Cosmic Power
-Charge Beam
-Stored Power
-Roost

Tank. Absolute tank. Also, idea © Smogon. If I can set this up, it tears through EVERYTHING. Even Steel-types. And Latias. In one hit. Basically, see if I can get a few free turns to get up one or two cosmic powers—after that it's nothing more than maxing out at +6/+6; now I have an almost-indestructable tank in my hands with a base-260 power attack. Roost is for healing, if need be. Charge beam is for hitting things immune to Stored Power—and is another way to increase the latter's power by a lot. Plus Life Orb boost with no drawbacks. I cannot say how many Ferrothorns I've foiled with this thing blocking Leech Seed. Now what this thing hates? Critical Hits. So badly. I don't know WHY Critical Hits pierce Defenses, because those are usually a one-hit KO. Unfortunately.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:00 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next