It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Werewolf 202: Revenge of the NightWalker, C6 is up at Last 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

'Twas my guardian angel, guvna. 'Twas indeed.

Okay, probably not. But I didn't mention it in my vote simply because of the fact that I have no idea what it could be. Is there some sort of Protect-equivalent move that can be Baton-passed? If so, that could be it. If not, well, I would still have no idea.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:39 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

rex09 wrote:
'Twas my guardian angel, guvna. 'Twas indeed.

Okay, probably not. But I didn't mention it in my vote simply because of the fact that I have no idea what it could be. Is there some sort of Protect-equivalent move that can be Baton-passed? If so, that could be it. If not, well, I would still have no idea.

Maybe another Pokemon used Wide Guard. It affects only team members.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:00 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

sorry i wasnt able to post this round i havent been able to get on the computer for long enogh time and since its been more than 48 hours i guess i cant but i would like to point this out if someone hasnt (i havent read all the post for i can only be on so long) if power corrups (<Spelling error) pokemon then wouldnt be safe to assume the strongest poke is the werewolf

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:25 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Jaypokes wrote:
Sorry I wasn't able to post this round. I haven't been able to get on the computer for a long enough time to post, and since it has been more than 48 hours, I guess I can't [vote]. But I would like to point this out if someone hasn't (I haven't read all the posts, as I can only be on for so long). If power corrupts (<Spelling error (fixed it)) Pokemon, then wouldn't it be safe to assume the strongest poke is the werewolf?

Please define, "strongest Pokemon" for us.

Last edited by rex09 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

rex09 wrote:
Please define, "strongest Pokemon" for us.

strongest attack state i dont know i just played 3 hours of legend of zelda and whached 5 hours of terraria i cant think my brain is goo i need to take a walk and then i will read into it more

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

And so the vote came to a draw. Each drew lots, and it was Sawk who came up short. To make the fight short, Dragonite and Volcarona hit him with a combination of Fire Blast and Hurricane, creating a powerful firestorm. Sawk didn't stand a chance. WHOA. Yet again, white smoke rose from the victims body. EPIC. After the smoke cleared, all that remained was his silver katana. THAT'S JUST FERAL!!! Absol picked up the sword (DUNUH) then using his Razor Claw (DUNUHH) carved an inscription into one of the beach stones celebrating Sawk's memory. The group then began up the seaside cliffs that stuck jaggedly out the side of Mt. Legend. (DUNUH DUNUH) The mountain loomed over them as they entered the mouth of a great cave (DUNUH DUNUH DUNUH!!!). [From Jaw's theme, we were told about great whites in Australia today] Inside the cave, the group could see a glowing purple light. It came from a massive meteorite. AND??? Engraved in the meteorite was a doorway and four pedestals with the cryptic forms of Deoxys. CRIKEY!!!

Deoxys pedestals

An inscription over the door read (READ WHAT? READ WHAT???), "To pass and receive the blessing of Deoxys, you must fulfill the balance of power." OH. Beartic said, "It's time for another quiz, and in the meantime, why don't you help solve the puzzle before us." (YAYYYY!!!!!)

Quiz #2
1. What Team is the werewolf on?
2. What is the werewolf holding? (up to 3 things)
3. Who did the werewolf vote to kill? ( If they did not vote put N/A)
4. How many people suspected the werewolf? (0-2)
5. Who is the werewolf? (1 name only)

The List wrote:
Pokemon------Username-------Image----- Item----Team Job

White Team
1. Beartic (Grylls) /vXv\ Image Brass Compass Leader
2. Absol shinylucario Image Razor claw, Silver Katana
3. Dragonite JsXtm Image Dynamo-Powered Flashlight/Radio
4. Shuckle Shucklerock$ Image Voice Recorder
5. Alakazam Wailord_2 Image Twisted Spoon - Didn't Survive a Werewolf Attack
6. Raichu rex09 Image Steel Spork - Survived a Werewolf Attack
7. Volcarona Steel_Eel Image Harmonica
8. Mr. Mime Jester Image Silver Magnifying Glass P.I.
9. Sawk HollandM Image -Killed

Black Team
1. Zangoose Mektar Image ItemFinder, Celebi Pendant Leader
2. Grumpig Dare234 Image Wide Lens
3. Shedinja Mr.Dude Image -Murdered
4. Jumpluff Cherrygrove Image Sega Game Gear
5. Azumarill Lord Bass Image Ipod-Sent Home
6 .Bisharp fifaking Image Yew Hanbö (poisonous stick)- Killed
7. Druddigon Aquadude Image Bag of Lum Berries Cooler w/ Ice
8. Skuntank Jaypokes Image Pocket Knife
9. Ampharos Ann Faros Image Note Book P.I.
Everyone is also holding a lum berry.

1. Sorry for the long wait I'm currently staying in Guilderton, Western Australia, a loooooong way away from home (Massachusetts, USA, if you need to know, STALKERS!), so combining Vacation and Jet lag it was hard to get on.
2. Remember this is a secret ballot round. so PM me your answers
3.This is puzzle round 2 of 3, so post your solutions to get points!
4.Any weird un-related text in the story are from my little sister who types for me. (I could fix them but I think they are funny)
5. Again I'm still far away from home so expect delays.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:06 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Well, this one is much more simple. Put Shuckle next to Defence Forme, Volcarona next to Attack Forme (its SA is one point higher than Dragonite's attack), and Jumpluff next to Speed Forme.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:55 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Mektar wrote:
Well, this one is much more simple. Put Shuckle next to Defence Forme, Volcarona next to Attack Forme (its SA is one point higher than Dragonite's attack), Mr. Dude next to Epic Forme, and Jumpluff next to Speed Forme.

That's basically what I was about to post. That would fulfill the balance of power. I'm 92% sure that's correct.
"But what about the other 8%?" Little Johnny asked.
Don't worry, Little Johnny, I'll tell ya.
Seeing as it's the BALANCE of power, putting the best in each stat at the altar of their Forme (Shuckle at Defense, Mr. Dude at Epic, etc.) would make the most sense. But keep in mind that we're trying to create balance. So let's say we're talking about the Attack Forme. Attack Deoxys has epic Att. and SA, obviously. So to balance those offenses, wouldn't we put the Pokemon with the lowest Att. and SA (which is Shuckle) at the Attack pedestal? Of course, this is only a suggestion, but it's possible. In fact, there's an 27% chance this is correct.
Also, keep in mind the little symbols next to the Deoxys Formes in the picture. For example, the one by the Attack Forme looks like a knife. Maybe we also need to place the corresponding item on the pedestal for it to work. Of course, if that's true, then the whole 'BALANCE' theory in the previous paragraph is wrong. Due to the symbols, I've calculated the probability of the Balance Theory being correct at only 8%, so I'm not putting too much confidence in that. I'm going to go with Mektar's idea, simply because that's what I originally thought was correct and I still believe it is.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:17 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm pretty much going with what everyone says, but do we have to do something for the normal deoxys? If we do, then we could put Dragonite there because has pretty 'balanced' stats. I calculated them and they all average at exactly base 100. So that's where he could go?

For the others, it's pretty clear that I should go on Defense form. But for the Attack one, we could put Raichu on there since he's got good attack, special atk, and speed, but rather low defenses. And I think Jumpluff should go on Speed form since he has high speed but average other stats.

Edit: I saw those item-like things and thought again: We put the pocket knife on the Attack one, the brass compase on the Defense one, and the one on the Speed form kinda looks like a claw of some sort, so we put the Razor Claw there.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:39 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Is it to late for me to sign up? I would like to be Lucario. I want be holding a Aura Orb(not from the games) that would increase my Aura Powers.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

emeraldversion13 wrote:
Is it to late for me to sign up? I would like to be Lucario. I want be holding a Aura Orb(not from the games) that would increase my Aura Powers.

Game has already started so no.

You're free to enjoy reading it though.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:26 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Let's see...the four Deoxys formes, each with a circle (normal has two) whose color correspond to the Gen III game where the form appears in. Deoxys Attack has a sword sign, Deoxys Defense has a shield sign, and Deoxys Speed has a winged boot sign, each representing the stats they excel in...or is it just that? If it's hinting items we should use, only the Silver Katana fits the criteria since we don't have shield-related items and no footwear at all. As for Pokemon, we aren't really sure yet about how are we going to achieve the BALANCE. Wait - Power Split and Guard Split just hopped into my mind! BALANCING the user's attacks and defenses with the foe's, and Shuckle can learn BOTH of them! *looks at Deoxys Speed* Errrrrm, there isn't a move that balances speed...
However, there are more details to note: one is the purplish-pinkish fairy looking thing in the bottom right, which I have no idea what it could be but it isn't random. Another is the large, glowing gemstone-looking thing on the top right. Is it the doorway, a piece of the meteorite, the meteorite itself, or an extra clue? About the meteorite glowing PURPLE, I was confused at first but could it be referring to Deoxys' Psychic type like in the first puzzle? Or something else? DUNUH DUNUH DUNUH!!
BTW: Shedinja could have died from an indirect attack, but no by status effects since Druddigon gave everyone a Lum Berry.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:42 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

green shuckle, defensive form first apeared in leaf green... logically it fits
voclara is red (fire redbeing the game he attack form waspresen) and as mektar pointed out, it has he higher attack
Jumpluff bein the fastest (i think) would fit the speed form requirement

that about sums it up

Looking for UNHATCHED Manaphy egg. Will trade anything in my trading thread or PM me
FC: 1076 5550 2837

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:21 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The first thing i notice with the puzzle is that it is pointing out the versions that the forms of deoxys are from I've not submitted my quiz yet but my idea for the puzzle is since Balance is a key thing why not put the pokemon with the best defenses shuckle on the attack pedestal the pokemon with the weakest defenses on the defensive pedestal have absol go over to the defensive pedestal Since i'm the slowest (aside from shuckle) I'll go over to the speed pedestal and have skuntank and dragonite in the middle since they have the most balanced stats of anyone in the group still here
this is just my theory but i'm not sure if i'm right.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:03 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Where ever there is a game console, pizza, and a LOT of Mt. Dew...
Aw crud. I've been murdered. Tell my girlfriend I love her!... As for the puzzle, yeah, I dont want to just repeat the same idea over and over. Here goes... Place Shuckle over Def. Deoxys, Volcarona over Atk. Deoxys, and Jumpluff over Spd. Deoxys. Place a pokemon with balanced stats in the middle, as was already said, which should be Dragonite, as his stats average at 100. Thank you to the people I just ripped ideas off from and another thank you for KILLING ME!

Please Join Werewolf 202: Revenge of the Nightwalker!
Please help me to hatch my egg(s).
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/FALMaster#0

Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:56 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

HollandM wrote:
...and another thank you for KILLING ME!

You're welcome! :D

Now to make sure this post is on topic: I just remembered that the point of this quest is to kill Salamence. The Werewolf would probably be communicating with Salamence in some way. So let's keep our eyes out for anything that seems like anyone is communicating with someone not on this quest (at least, if it's mentioned in the story. You can't say someone did something if /vXv\ didn't say that someone did that something until /vXv\ DOES say that that someone did that something and could, potentially, be up to something.).

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't have time to post the story yet but i will say don't forget normal form, there are many solutions, Note item are from legend of zelda, which if you have notice is a recurring theme (Triforce in jirachi) Items are Shield, Sword and Pegasus boots

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Based off of what Bat Master just said, I'm guessing we need to place items, not people on the pedestals. So, I'm gonna say the katana on the Attack one, the Celebi Pendant as the shield (Defense), and, uh... I don't know, maybe the Brass Compass for Speed? If you can find your way, a trip goes faster, so... For normal, I'm going to submit the Steel Spork. What couldn't be more normal? :D

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So after a while it was determined that Dragonite, was to be sent home. Dragonite being a very kind Pokemon, left his Radio/flashlight behind, which Raichu picked up. Being an electric type, Raichu didn't need to generate power by hand, and as such didn't worry about it running low on power. However as far as the puzzle was concerned they hadn't gotten very far, It was Ann Faros who finally came up with the solution. Ann Faros explained her theory,"Well Druddigon and Shedinja's spirit gave me a great idea, Deoxys isn't 4 different Pokemon but rather 1 Pokemon with 4 forms that it can change at will. So here what I propose we do. Shuckle you should stand on the normal pedestal" Shuckle ambled over to the normal pedestal. as soon as Shuckle stepped up both the normal pedestal and the defensive pedestal began to glow. Ann Faros continued "Now Shuckle, you use Power trick" Shuckle did this and the attack pedestal began to glow as well. "Finally," said Ann Faros, "Could you, Mr. Mime huse Trick room?" Mr.Mime created a trick room around shuckle and then the final speed pedestal began to glow. deoxys's voice echoed out of the meteorite. You have proven that you understand the balance of power that I represent, for that I grant you passage. I will also lend you my heart so that it may aid you in your travels" And with that the passage way opened up and Shuckle's body began to glow. Encrusted in one of the holes in his shell was the crystal heart of Deoxys. The group continued through the passageway and into the cave behind it. As they continued, they spied a ruin in the cave. It resembled a tower embedded into the mountain. The group walked through an entryway in the tower and could see a spiral staircase going up as far as the eye could see and far down into the darkness below. Beartic spoke up, saying, "This is known to the humans as the embedded tower. We know it to be the home of the leviathan Kyogre, the behemoth Groudon, and the ziz Rayquaza."
Behemoth, Leviathan and Ziz
"But which direction do we go?" asked Volcarona. "Isn't that obvious? We go on the path that is most like Salamence," said Beartic, "Upwards and onwards!" So the group climbed up the spiraling staircase for what seemed like hours. Before long they could see light abov e them. "We should hurry," said Beartic, "as it is getting very late in the day." So the group hurried to the top until they reached the plateau ledge at the top of the mountain. "This looks like a good place to set down for the night," said Beartic. That night, the air was quiet and peaceful . Suddenly the silence was broken. Volcarona began screaming that he was under attack. Everyone rushed out of bed as soon as they could, but it was too late. Volcarona's body was laying by the edge of the tower with a moderately sized rock over it's body. Because of it's type, it was very weak to rock, and as such had been an easy kill for the werewolf. Even his harmonica was smashed to bits. The group decided it was time to figure out who the werewolf was. Meanwhile, the clouds in the sky began to turn ominously dark.

The List wrote:
Pokemon------Username-------Image----- Item----Team Job
White Team
1. Beartic (Grylls) /vXv\ Image Brass Compass Leader
2. Absol shinylucario Image Razor claw, Silver Katana
3. Dragonite JsXtm Image -Sent Home
4. Shuckle Shucklerock$ Image Voice Recorder, Deoxys Heart
5. Alakazam Wailord_2 Image Twisted Spoon - Didn't Survive a Werewolf Attack
6. Raichu rex09 Image Steel Spork, Dynamo-Powered Flashlight/Radio- Survived a Werewolf Attack
7.Volcarona Steel_Eel Image Harmonica-Stoned to death
8. Mr. Mime Jester Image Silver Magnifying Glass P.I.
9. Sawk HollandM Image -Killed

Black Team
1. Zangoose Mektar Image ItemFinder, Celebi Pendant Leader
2. Grumpig Dare234 Image Wide Lens
3. Shedinja Mr.Dude Image -Murdered
4. Jumpluff Cherrygrove Image Sega Game Gear
5. Azumarill Lord Bass Image Ipod-Sent Home
6 .Bisharp fifaking Image Yew Hanbö (poisonous stick)- Killed
7. Druddigon Aquadude Image Bag of Lum Berries Cooler w/ Ice
8. Skuntank Jaypokes Image Pocket Knife
9. Ampharos Ann Faros Image Note Book P.I.
Everyone is also holding a lum berry.

most of you where off in your quiz's just a little
Still limited computer access, so check often

Last edited by /vXv\ on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:05 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, the only two moves that could've killed Volcarona (by throwing a rock) are Rock Throw and Smack Down. You may be asking me, "Why not Rock Blast? That move also hurls rocks at opponents." Yes, but Rock Blast hurls two to five rocks in quick succession, not just one. Are there other similar rocks around? No, because /vXv\ didn't say so. Would he have said so? Probably, because it would be suspicious enough to be put in the story. And the moves that I've mentioned only hurl one rock.
No one here can learn Rock Throw. So that leaves Smack Down. Here's a list of the Pokemon here that can learn Smack Down:

Shuckle

Shuckle also had a move or two that could've killed me, Shedinja. It could've hurled the boulder that killed Alakazam (Rock Tomb). Even if we did include Rock Blast as a culprit of Volcarona's murder, there's only one Pokemon that can learn it:

Shuckle

And you may be thinking, "But Shuckle is too weak to kill anything, except for Shedinja." Well, Shuckle just happens to get Power Trick, which was also used to help unlock the door in the Deoxys Chamber. Shuckle is the Werewolf, unless I missed something. And I probably didn't miss anything.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:17 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm voting for Shuckle, I think. *points flashlight towards Shuckle* "Where were you last night, at approximately 10:30 p.m.?? I have two witnesses saying you were asleep in your tent, but could they becovering for you?!" Or, alternatively, pulls Shuckle over and uses flashlight to ask if he's been drinking tonight.

And my reasoning for the vote is the post above mine.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:13 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Yes, Shuckle was the werewolf, got drunk, and killed Volcarona. :lol: Anyway, I've been reading since I came back, and I have a reason to suspect someone as a Werewolf, but I think since I wasn't part of the game I'll keep it to my self and see if I was right. :P I never realized how much being an outsider looking in cleared things up. It's almost obvious to me, but one factor makes me want to think twice. >.>

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:51 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I'm voting for Absol. Again.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Now I'm thinking that I could be the werewolf! It's all reasonable since lots of the deaths happened by giant rocks smashed onto them. And I could have used Power Trick to make my attack higher than Deoxys-A, thus easily killing the others.

But I do have one theory: Just because we send someone home doesn't mean that they aren't the werewolf. Heck, if Dragonite or Azumarill was the werewolf, they could be meeting with Salamance and ploting our downfall since they're away from us!! So we could send someone to go ahead and try to kill both of them and stop our worrying.

But if you all think I'm the werewolf, then go ahead and vote me off.

And no I haven't been drinking anything last night :mrgreen:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:43 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Whatever you say Shuckie.

I think I'll just vote on behalf of Mr. Dude since he's really into this and can't vote himself.

Voting for Shuckle.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next