It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Are YOU a "Kanto Starter"? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Pokemon Blue was my first Pokemon game. Total classic right there. I don't like kids who came into pokemon in Gen 3-4.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ryanh181 wrote:
Pokemon Blue was my first Pokemon game. Total classic right there. I don't like kids who came into pokemon in Gen 3-4.

i agree- cant wait to play as gold again....

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ryanh181 wrote:

lol, it makes me a bit angry when i see an expert pokemon trainer ripping off a legendary or rare pokemon from a novice. and i also dont really like the novice trainers who act like theyre king of the pokemon world. XD

Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:16 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yes yellow was my favorite and i some times play it.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:35 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Pokemon Blue was my first pokemon game & Pokemon Yellow was my favorite since you got all 3 starters in it...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:33 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I was 7 in 1999 and my first game was Yellow. I absolutely adored it although I didn't really get to play Red and Blue since they belonged to my older brother and sister and they had sharing issues. To pay respect and to show I still love it I believe in either Pokemon Stadium or Pokemon Stadium 2 I have my Yellow team in there. The same pikachu that my brother used to make a surfing and flying pikachu from one of its offsprings. However the cartridge itself is lost and the only old cartridges I still have Gold/Crystal have some issues.

Heart Gold: 0303 2082 5708
Diamond: 0689 7105 0294

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:45 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The first game I ever asked for my new GBC was Pokemon Red (My parents got me Tarzan instead, go fig). When I did get Red version, I remember my first starter was bulbasaur, which I promptly evolved into a venasaur in Cerulean City because I couldn't figure out that the weird graphic in the back of the robbed house was supposed to be a hole leading outside (also my first experience with online gaming guides). I've owned Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Ruby, Fire Red, and Diamond, although the only game I ever really completed was the original Red version (caught all 151 pokemon with no more cheating than the missingno glitch and a trade from a good friend for the mew). I still get nostalgic when I play the old Red version, whcih I still have despite losing Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Ruby, and my original GBC. I do like what the new games have brought to Pokemon, but there's still not much that beats the nostalgia I have when playing the true originals.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:53 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In my Secret Base at Route 116- come and find me! :P
My first game was Red, and boy nothing can replace those memories <3

Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ryder wrote:
the first ones were the best, because the story was original.

i know, i used to watch the orginal tv shows back in the day and it was so chill.

i think the thing that keeps me playing pokemon is my love of the orginal....

once it fades to time.... i will quit

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:52 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I was 8 in 1999. I got Red as my first game. I now have it sitting in a wooden box on a shelf in my closet with Blue, Yellow, and Silver. I lost my Gold and Crystal verions. Had a shiny Rattata in my Crystal version too. I have all 151 pokemon in the pokedex in my Red. I still play it every once in a while.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mr. Eved wrote:
I was 8 in 1999. I got Red as my first game. I now have it sitting in a wooden box on a shelf in my closet with Blue, Yellow, and Silver. I lost my Gold and Crystal verions. Had a shiny Rattata in my Crystal version too. I have all 151 pokemon in the pokedex in my Red. I still play it every once in a while.

thats cool,
back in the day i didnt know pokemon could be shiny xD
i thought it was special for the gyardous xD

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:39 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: It's on Earth and the name begins with a letter between A and Z. Where am I?
Yup! Red was my first Pokemon game ever. A friend of mine was playing Crystal, then my brother got Crystal, then I got ticked off at being left out and got Red. It was so fun, I spent almost all my free time playing it. My first Pokemon was Bulbasaur. {bulbasaur} At that time, I didn't know about the Mew Trick; if I had, I would have caught and trained as many Mews as possible. I thought that Legendaries >>>>> everything else. Ah... That was fun. I'm still young, though, so I don't have to say, "Back in the day." Which is good. Because that would make me feel like I was 80.

Ione: We didn't do it for a reward! Besides, you used us!
Creator: What's wrong with that? I created everything.
Lane: We are not things!
Creator: How amusing... you are trying to pick a fight with me!

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Surskit of Destiny wrote:
. I'm still young, though, so I don't have to say, "Back in the day." Which is good. Because that would make me feel like I was 80.

im 16 and i say that feel like im 95 xD

"back in the day" pokemon was on one tiny non color screen not two jumbo hi-def color screens xD

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I was 5 in 1999 and i got Yellow as my first, i loved it but then skipped Gen II (too young to care) and then found out about Generation IV and got emerald. Then got firered and then pearl. Hoping to get SS soon. But yeah Yellow can still be pretty fun for me. I'm 16 now and to be honest, i stilll love pokemon.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:12 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I started off with blue, i was 13 in 1999 when it came out and remenber everyone in my school playing it (i went to an all boys secondary school) it's my most played game, i have restarted it millions of times (thanks to saving my teams on stadium). i dont have it any more, my brother borrowed it and lost it!!

i remember my fav team was always Magmar, Victreebel, Blastoise/vaporeon, zapdos/jolteon, mewtwo and Golem

Thu May 13, 2010 1:17 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i got blue as my first pokemon game and i was 5 in 1999 and i still have it and play it at times i also have fire red but as some say it doesnt feel the same :)

Image Image

Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:59 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Cinnabar Island - Cinnabar Mansion, chilling with the fire pokemon.
Red Version here. It's the first Gameboy game I played. First, I played it at my friend's house.. It was his.. and I recall being told how I always started New Game on his game and then SAVED said New Game. (This brings a smile to my face when I think about it. Hahahaa.)

A few years later, I bought myself a Gameboy and Pokemon Red Version of my own. Starter: Charmander.
Ah.. Good times. The Prof. Oak theme/Nugget Bridge Theme was my fondest memory of that game. Oh. And playing it on my way to Disney World in Florida. Mmhmm. Restarted the game for the hell of it with Squirtle. and then again with Bulbasaur. Made it all the way to Vermillion City's and the S.S. Anne. .Then I went out for take-out Chinese food. =] Then I restarted he game again with Charmander just because I couldn't bare having to fight my rival's Charizard instead of using it in my team.

How I show respect to it? Well.. I play it on occasion for the sheer joy of gazing at my 151 pokemon.. Play it again on an emulator I have on my computer, and try out those spiffy glitches for it that are all over the web. Other than that, I keep it close to me when I'm home by leaving it on my nightstand, along with my other PKMN games. I'm looking at it as I type this up. =]

Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:43 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I was 9 in 1999 but I got Red when I was 7... I managed to have 150 pokemon and the only one I missed was... Bulbasaur!!! Then it resetted on its own, so the only one completed now is Crystal, with more than 600 playing hours on it... But until I bought DS I played with all of my Game Boy games: Red, Yellow (then swapped with Blue of my girlfriend), Gold and Crystal...

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:35 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Red was my first. I had 2 copies of Red, 1 of Blue, and 1 of Yellow... both my blue and red were destroyed by the MissingNO bug but my second red was a competition version with all my level 100s on there and I never attempted to clone items in that version.

However my Blue version was my "torture my friends" version. I had on that one my level 249 pokemon. Remember if you caught the MissingNO counterpart bug codename "Mysterio" (his actual name appeared something like this "/\III/\*****" and also looked like a totem pole. Once you caught him the battle continued thereafter. You could throw a pokeball at the empty space in the battle and it would generate a random pokemon at level 155. You could feed it Rare Candies until it hit 249.... (at level 250 it actually reverted back down to level 0).

My level 249 Pokemon were:
Tauros
Marowak
Electrode
Raichu
Rhydon
Chansey

I use to torture people with these because when you would plug your game into Pokemon Stadium for N64 the 249 Level pokemon would show up as level 100. People were so freaked out my Marowak was one shotting a team full of Mewtwos :lol:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My first game was blue in 1998 I was 9 then and still today I play it from time to time need to save blue version team though. I remember my epic sandslash that could not be beaten by anything except a water type in that same game jolteon and chansey were also dominant oh how things were different back then. oh sandslash was the premiere ground type of gen 1 In my opinion nothing will ever beat the long gone team of sandslash alakazam charizard Raichu Vaporeon and victreebel ah but I like Gen 2 better

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:44 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I was six when I first got Pokemon Red. I LOVED that thing. I picked Charmander because Charizard was on the cover. That hooked me on Charizard. I miss those times.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:16 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

In response to the original post, every night I kneel down and ask the Pokemon overlords to make sure my Blue Version still works in the morning. Now that's devotion, my friends.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:30 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I've never heard anybody call ▄█ 'M ▓▒ "Mysterio" before. But once I caught one and named it Cloudie because of one of its party screen icons kinda looking like a cloud. (???????????????)

Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:24 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My first game was Green. (Lived in Japan for 6 years before moving back to the US) Great times with that game, until the battery died, and the game disappeared. I didn't understand the Japanese, but I knew the general idea of how to play, and named everything after myself in japanese. I received an american red and blue later, but it all started with green for me, and has continued through the generations.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mine was red and is still my favourite.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next