It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Which Pokemon type do you think is being neglected the most? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

From all the types, Dragon, Psychic, Dark, Ice, Steel, Ghost, Poison, Grass, Fire, Water, Normal, Fighting, Ground, Rock, Bug and Flying; which one do you think is being let down the most/neglected by Game Freak and Pokemon?

Like for example, I think the Poison type is being let down by Game Freak/Pokemon because there isn't enough creative or good looking Pokemon designs for it, enough types that are weak against it, and in general not enough actual pure Poison type Pokemon. Don't get me wrong, I actually like this type very much and some of the Pokemon in it, especially Nidoking, but I think Game Freak is neglecting it, especially when only a few of Poison type Pokemon were introduced in Black & White, Trubbish and Garbador to name a couple, which is the design of a Poison type Pokemon that I wasn't looking for, even though it makes sense.

A type can be let down by a lot of things, the quality Pokemon in it, the moves, the anime appearances of the Pokemon of the type, the amount of Pokemon and the usefulness of the type in battle, just to name a few reasons. Now, which type do you think is the most neglected and let down by Pokemon/Game Freak, state your reasons and solutions if you want to, for a large and enjoyable forum conversation!

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:08 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Probably the Ice type. I agree that the poison type is being neglected too, but not as badly as Ice.

sad but rad

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:49 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Ice Type, why...

1. The move, Hail
2. Not many good Ice Type attacks'
3. The walling & or tanking pokemon don't have the stats to deal with the Physical threats it has on the weakness side of things
4. The move, Hail, once again
5. Wait for it, wait for it, the move...Hail...

It's my favorite type yet they can't give it a little love, Cryogonal was a catastrophe to say the least, really, another Special Wall, wow how very creative people, :censored: :frustrated: ...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:06 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Dragonair101 wrote:
Probably the Ice type. I agree that the poison type is being neglected too, but not as badly as Ice.

Lawence Codye wrote:
Ice Type, why...

1. The move, Hail
2. Not many good Ice Type attacks'
3. The walling & or tanking pokemon don't have the stats to deal with the Physical threats it has on the weakness side of things
4. The move, Hail, once again
5. Wait for it, wait for it, the move...Hail...

It's my favorite type yet they can't give it a little love, Cryogonal was a catastrophe to say the least, really, another Special Wall, wow how very creative people, :censored: :frustrated: ...

Now that I think about it, Ice type is the type that is being neglected the most, especially with the quality of the Pokemon (thank you Crygonal) in it and the fact that I also agree that there isn't many good Ice type attacks.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:30 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
You forgot something, Lawence... Hail. Oh, and also, Hail. Not to mention Hail. :frustrated:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:52 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

The ice type is massively neglected. Let's see what we've got.

Dewgong - Compared to the general awesomeness of the other 1st gen Pokemon, this is pretty fail. Also, is it me, or does Dewgong just look like a bigger Seel? Fail designing.

Cloyster - In all honesty, I quite like Cloyster.

Smoochum/Jynx - Pretty ****.

Lapras - Massively over used, although it is a very good Pokemon.

Articuno - A good Pokemon, but can be defeated very easily by Zapdos and Moltres.

Sneasel/Weavile - If you're not planning on striking fast, then plan on dying very quickly.

Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine - I suppose these were okay. I mean, they could learn Earthquake, and that's always cool (not that it's an ice move). Mamoswine screamed a lack of originality, but so did the rest of the 4th gen.

Delibird - No comments necessary.

Snorunt/Glalie/Frosslass - I've never used a Glalie, so I can't really comment. Frosslass though is a massive pile of wank. Seriously. It's awful.

Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein - Personally, I loved these guys.

Regice - Fail.

Snover/Abomasnow - These two were abhorrent and practically an abortion in battle. UCWUTIDIDTHER?

Glaceon - Just another Eeveelution.

"You don't sit down and write a wish list about the person you are going to fall violently in love with. It just doesn't work like that."

Stephen Fry

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:54 am
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

Dewgong and Jynx are the two most awesome Pokemon ever, and Ice is the most awesome type ever, unless you're counting for things like being worthy in battle! :O And even then, Lapras is NU, Froslass is better than Glalie in every way imaginable, and both Froslass and Abomasnow were BL in Generation IV (when every other Ice Pokemon but OU Mamoswine/Weavile and UU Cloyster was NU) despite apparently being so bad in battle. Rather than being actively terrible, most Ice Pokemon have fallen into disuse because Stealth Rock was a horrible idea that should have never happened, also.

Poison is and always will be the worst type ever barring some radical redesigning of the type chart, a.k.a. never.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:20 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
CommandoFlygon wrote:
Now that I think about it, Ice type is the type that is being neglected the most, especially with the quality of the Pokemon (thank you Crygonal) in it and the fact that I also agree that there isn't many good Ice type attacks.

I know about Cryogonal's quality from personal experience, oh my :censored: god, that pencil stick, paper thin piece of stool with no movepool worth a :frustrated: ...

Edoc'sil wrote:
You forgot something, Lawence... Hail. Oh, and also, Hail. Not to mention Hail. :frustrated:

And, and, Hail some more, that's right, that's right...

@ ClawsonExperience = Dewgong could be quite useful actually but it has taken a hit in recent Generations, Cloyster is useful so very much but I just don't like it much at all without Skill Link, Jynx needs Smoochum to learn more attacks of 1 of it's types though I guess in 5th Gen that isn't any longer necessary but that was honestly it's only purpose imo, Lapras is meh I guess, Articuno can do to Zapdos what it can do to her plus with RU being made, I see Articuno being at least decent though that Type combo sucks so hard for what is suppose to be at least a Wall at best, Weavile is awesome end of story, Mamoswine is actually pretty good 5th Gen from what I have seen which is a lot & it can run rampant in both Sandstorm & Hail recoil-less & I now like it which I didn't in Gen 4 for some reason, Delibird...no comment necessary indeed, Glalie is actually quite bad but Froslass is pretty ok actually but is most likely outclassed by something, Walrein is an :censored: which is good cause it means it is great but without Hail could easily falter, Regice has the same case as Articuno I mean WTF is wrong with their creators I mean really, Abomasnow is getting better this Gen to people's surprise though is still no problem really for the better trainers to deal with, even in Hail & as for Glaceon, the poor baby, being nerfed upon it's initial creation & haven't since seen any light I mean even if you get Ice Body you still lose the better moves that go with it in exchange I mean again, WTF is with their creators :( ...

Frost wrote:
Rather than being actively terrible, most Ice Pokemon have fallen into disuse because Stealth Rock was a horrible idea that should have never happened, also.

Glad to have heard this, as always you have a valid point & I stand somewhat corrected, Stealth Rocks are the Devil of the meta game :violin: ...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:46 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Frost wrote:
Rather than being actively terrible, most Ice Pokemon have fallen into disuse because Stealth Rock was a horrible idea that should have never happened, also.

Glad to have heard this, as always you have a valid point & I stand somewhat corrected, Stealth Rocks are the Devil of the meta game :violin: ...

That move is way unbalanced. I don't like how you lose half your health just by switching in.

Also, Spikes was just enough. Because with that, you had to spend time getting more spikes down to have full effect. And it didn't really matter what type you were (unless if flying). But with SR you just had to do it once. And that's much worse than all 3 spikes.

So once again it's became a metagame without many fires or flyings or ices. :cry:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:49 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think the Poison type is way more neglected than the Ice type. Poison is stong only against Grass types, and even then some of them have a way of getting rid of that weakness with secondary typing.

I play on the Smogon PO server. If it's not up, then expect me on the Pokemon Online server. I play 5th gen UU, but I am more than happy to play 5th gen OU and Ubers

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:40 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well, Ice types are neglected (More people should use Cryogonal; It's an Icicle. With a mustache.), but people neglect the normal type too. They can learn most moves, and theyre only weak to one type. Theyre not as bad as people say they are.

THELEGENDARY123: Proud Founder and Owner of the TL channel: Commited to bringing you the BEST pokemon banter of All time. PM thelegendary123 for availible positions!

Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:43 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Bug.

They make Bug-type moves that could easily have passed for Normal-type moves (X-Scissor, Megahorn, Steamroller, and U-Turn), yet they make very few good Bug-type Pokemon. Unova's helped to remedy that...a little. Several Pokemon now get Megahorn, and the advent of Scolipede now makes that move breedable; not to mention there were several good Bug-types introduced (the unreleased Genesect, the iffy Durant, the SR-weak Volcarona, and the knight-ninja twins) this time around. Poison has a similar situation, but that's only because the Poison-type has poor matchups - Bug doesn't so much.

But before? We've got...Yanmega, Scizor, Heracross, and Forretress. Even Drapion shed his Bug-type for a Dark-type. And even now still, most of the Bug-types are pretty much garbage Pokemon to take up space for the generic insect-types in the Dex. At least with Ice-types you have more vast and varied things (a scavenger, a yeti, a polar bear, a seal or two, the ghost of a little girl, and an iceberg). Very few Bug-types can be considered exotic or non-generic.

And most people do have an Ice-type or two high on their list of favorites. Rarely will you see anyone like Bug-types except for the super-popular ones. Do you know anyone who loves Dustox or Leavanny? I don't...

~~~~

Cryogonal isn't an icicle with a mustache. It's a snowflake with a drooping mouth. You're confusing Cryogonal with Beartic, who has an icicle mustache (and beard).

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:17 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Poison types tend to look cool, but are usesless.

There should be a weather condition called Pollution that makes them awesome.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think poison is the most neglected. In order to balance it out, Game Freak needs to make it Super Effective to more than just grass (like water and bug), think of more creative designs, and give it a beastly legendary oother than poison Arceus.

And I also like the idea of its own weather move, so I thought of one, and an ability to cause it:

Acid Rain
power:-
accyracy:-

Sommons 5 turns of acid rain. The rain lowers the HP of non-poison pokemon every turn. Also lowers non-poison pokes defence and sp defence by one untill the rain ends.

Ability to cause it:

Pollution:
Causes infinite Acid Rain untill the enemy uses Rain Dance, Sunny Day, or Hail, or switches in a Pokemon with Drizzle, Drought, or Snow Warning.

With those changes, who knows, maybe poison wouldn't suck so bad (with the exeption of Gengar and Nidoking).

And also, I don't see why Hail is so bad.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:45 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
And I also like the idea of its own weather move, so I thought of one, and an ability to cause it:

Acid Rain
power:-
accyracy:-

Sommons 5 turns of acid rain. The rain lowers the HP of non-poison pokemon every turn. Also lowers non-poison pokes defence and sp defence by one untill the rain ends.

Ability to cause it:

Pollution:
Causes infinite Acid Rain untill the enemy uses Rain Dance, Sunny Day, or Hail, or switches in a Pokemon with Drizzle, Drought, or Snow Warning.

I want this move in Generation Six. And Garbodor will get it as a backup ability, I'll bet.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, I don't usually use ice types much, though I am using the ice-cream cone one in my Black game. But, in B & W, I feel that fire types are quite underrepresented. There is only a couple that are worth a darn. I don't count Victini since not everyone can even get one. Pansear/Simisear are pretty worthless (in my opinion, all the monkey ones are pretty worthless from what I've seen of them). That leaves Tepig/Pignite/Emboar and Heatmor. Just seems like the previous versions have had more fire types available and sooner in the game than B/W does.

I like fire types. :D

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:19 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like fire and ice too, they need more of them. And not little stupid ones like the ice cream cone or the anteater in Black.
And they need a few more bugs, and a lot less water types (since like half the dex in RBY was water or part water). And less normal types.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]