It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Doctor who 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
Combined with her self-esteem issues, the fact that she didn't remember that she saved the universe was -really- sad.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:10 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Dr. Who Is awesome!! My dad got me hooked on it and now we sit and watch it every time its on,even if it's an old one. ^_^

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

can I just say...

HOLY GUACAMOLE THE ENDING OF THE LATEST EPISODE WAS GOOD :D

who on Earth would have guessed Highlight to view spoiler.
that River is Amy and Rory's Daughter

I was shocked!

THELEGENDARY123: Proud Founder and Owner of the TL channel: Commited to bringing you the BEST pokemon banter of All time. PM thelegendary123 for availible positions!

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:24 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

thelegendary123 wrote:
can I just say...

I was shocked!

ARGH! I THOUGHT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT THE EPISODE BEFORE THAT! The newest episode airs tomorrow in America, and now I know how it ends! I have to go forget about this...

Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

thelegendary123 wrote:
can I just say...

I was shocked!

I just watched the episode tonight and....

HOLY FREAKIN COW BATMAN!

I still cannot WRAP MY HEAD AROUND THIS! I mean arent the doctor and river dating/married????? AHHHH IM SO FREAKIN CONFUSED!!!!!!

And now we got to wait till the fall... I CANT WAIT *huddles in corner* THAT LONG!!!

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Sorry, never heard of it here. XD

Last edited by Edoc'sil on Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:28 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Haha, 'a British thing'. It's become pretty popular in America this past year. I never had heard of it until spring of last year, and it's been almost exactly a year since I first ever watched it. I've seen so much since then! I adore the 5th Doctor, and the 2nd Doctor's companion Jamie. I wish the Doctor would travel with more companions at a time like he used to. If I recall, he usually had multiple companions all the time in classic Who besides the 3rd Doctor and 7th, and part of 4's reign.
Anyone ever use cleverbot.com? It's an AI, and some friends and I like to see how long it takes to make it say 'Doctor Who' or something. Once it claimed to be a TImelord!

Image (by Ender)

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:47 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Anyone here been to the Doctor Who Experience in London?

It's based off Season 5 (first Eleven season) and it's a REALLY fun trip, the place is really well done. I went with two of my closes friends-- one who loves the Seventh Doctor and the other who looks and behaves like Ten (and dresses like him as well, since that's his usual outfit). Cue a fit of hysterical giggles as some little kid looks at my Ten-double friend when we walk past and goes "Mum, isn't that David Tennant?"

On another random note, I got to see David Tennant and Catherine Tate in Much Ado About Nothing in London this summer. £41 and worth every penny. They're -fantastic- together, onscreen and onstage.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

khoufu wrote:
Haha, 'a British thing'. It's become pretty popular in America this past year. I never had heard of it until spring of last year, and it's been almost exactly a year since I first ever watched it. I've seen so much since then! I adore the 5th Doctor, and the 2nd Doctor's companion Jamie. I wish the Doctor would travel with more companions at a time like he used to. If I recall, he usually had multiple companions all the time in classic Who besides the 3rd Doctor and 7th, and part of 4's reign.
Anyone ever use cleverbot.com? It's an AI, and some friends and I like to see how long it takes to make it say 'Doctor Who' or something. Once it claimed to be a TImelord!

Yeah, it real is a British thing, one of the best things from over here I think. And i've never seen any of the old ones, only watched from the Christopher Eccelson series.

EDIT:
Me > Knock knock!
Cleverbot > Who's there?
Me > Doctor.
Cleverbot > Doctor who?
Me > Doctor who.
Cleverbot > Ha ha got you with your own joke.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:24 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I have seen bits of the old series growing up but mostly have watched the 'reboot'. Tennant was my favourite but Eccleston had better plots; I struggle to tolerate Smith, I do not get what is so great about a "hipster Doctor". ¬.¬ My favourite companion is Rose, whereas Amy... ugh, no, I dubbed her "old wide-eyes, tear, wider-eyes" as that sums up my opinion of her acting. The saving graces of the Smith era have been the (over-used) River Song plot and the development of Rory as a character. :)

Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

(... ... ... ... GRIN)
Doctor Who!!!
Yes yes and all things yes-able!
(First a moment of Ranting) IS IT JUST ME... or was the last Doctor way funnier, adorable, intelligent acting, and ADORABLE!!!!
Now I know the story about new body, rediscovery, blah blah blah. My issue is that some of the seaso s tend to get a little repetitive.

I am ecstatic about "The Doctor, The Witch, and the..." something or the other. I do like this doctor's specials better I guess. Though I prefered last year's X-mas better.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:38 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Archfiend_Bugsy wrote:
(First a moment of Ranting) IS IT JUST ME... or was the last Doctor way funnier, adorable, intelligent acting, and ADORABLE!!!!

Seconded wholeheartedly, from a diehard Tennant fangirl. :3 Smith just doesn't measure up in my book.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:15 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Now might be a good time to mention I love you.... lol
I loved him and John Barrowman acting together. John Barrowman is so my future husband, he just doesn't know it yet, oh and I need to wait for the current marriage to end. I'll just play this by ear.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:10 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

BARROWMAN! *shakes fist*
(couldn't resist)

You're welcome :D and yes, John Barrowman is rather easy on the eyes, isn't he?

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:45 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Torchwood is easily one of my favorite shows on television. I adore Barrowman, and I asdore Jack... as seperate people. I completely am in love with the no nonsense look Jack has on sexuality and how he loves everyone he has ever loved, forever.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:17 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

WirelessBrain wrote:
khoufu wrote:
Anyone ever use cleverbot.com? It's an AI, and some friends and I like to see how long it takes to make it say 'Doctor Who' or something. Once it claimed to be a Timelord!

Yeah, it real is a British thing, one of the best things from over here I think. And i've never seen any of the old ones, only watched from the Christopher Eccelston series.

EDIT:
Me > Knock knock!
Cleverbot > Who's there?
Me > Doctor.
Cleverbot > Doctor who?
Me > Doctor who.
Cleverbot > Ha ha got you with your own joke.

Yeah I was kinda surprised when you stated the 'old' series and the 'OLD old' series in the original post. People don't usually thing of Eccleston as old. man, I never thought to be so straightforward with Cleverbot that way!
By the way it's becoming way more popular here in America, on BBCAmerica, and that episode in America, and Torchwood is now being filmed in LA supposedly, and there is finally a Doctor Who T-shirt at Hot Topic, one of the biggest pop culture chains.
Is it low of me to think that someone saying "On BRITISH Television!" is funny? Because it's like the size of California.

Image (by Ender)

Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2