It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Werewolf 202: Revenge of the NightWalker, C6 is up at Last 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It was soon time for the expedion to begin Beartic announced that the Expediton would be split into to teams. The White Team and the Black Team were both balanced some that each team had the resources that they needed.
The List wrote:
Pokemon------Username-------Image----- Item----Team Job

White Team
1. Beartic (Grylls) /vXv\ Image Brass Compass Leader
2. Absol shinylucario Image Razor claw
3. Dragonite JsXtm Image Dynamo-Powered Flashlight/Radio
4. Shuckle Shucklerock$ Image Voice Recorder
5. Alakazam Wailord_2 Image Twisted Spoon
6. Raichu rex09 Image Steel Spork
7. Volcarona Steel_Eel Image Harmonica
8. Mr. Mime Jester Image Silver Magnifying Glass P.I.
9. Sawk HollandM Image Silver Katana

Black Team
1. Zangoose Mektar Image ItemFinder Leader
2. Grumpig Dare234 Image Wide Lens
3. Shedinja Mr.Dude Image Cooler w/ Ice
4. Jumpluff Cherrygrove* Image Sega Game Gear
5. Azumarill Lord Bass Image Ipod
6 .Bisharp fifaking Image Yew Hanbö (poisonous stick)
7. Druddigon Aquadude Image Bag of Lum Berries
8. Skuntank Jaypokes Image Pocket Knife
9. Ampharos Ann Faros Image Note Book P.I.

With the Two teams organized, the group set out for Mount Legend. Everyone was eager to get to mount Legend and begin the adventure. After 8 hours of hiking Mount legend was finally visible in the distance. Beartic told the Group to take a quick lunch break. Soon everyone was seated eating their lunch. Druddigon handed everyone a Lum berry as a gift to protect from the werewolf. Everyone took a chance to talk to Ann Faros the detective from the first Werewolf indecent. Especially Mr. Mime who was also a detective. The sun was beating down on everyone so Shedinja brought out some cold Fresh Waters. The group set out again for Mount Legend, they keep Hiking even after night fall. the path was well lit thanks to Ann Faros's tail and Dragonite's Flashlight. Later they arrived at the Base of the Mountian. Beartic told everyone to setup camp for they were going to sleep here for the night.

That Night was peaceful everyone was still excited about the adventure that lay before them. In the morning everyone lined up for rollcall, however not everyone was there Shedinja was missing. After someone ran to his tent they discovered that shedinja was DEAD. Everyone realized that the fun and games were over now that the werewolf had struck. Saddened by the lose of a kind Pokémon, everyone packed up camp, Druddigon offered to carry the Cooler w/ Ice since he had given out all of his Lum Berries. The Group began climbing a set of old stone stairs, toward the entrace of Mount Legend, which loomed ominously overhead. Within the hour they reached a clearing on the side of the mountian. Beartic annoced that they had reached the entrance. Before them lay 3 objects each with a strange rune on them, First was a small bubbling fountain, second was a pair of rusty L-shaped iron bars, and the third was a tree stump. In the middle of the 3 objects was another Rune. Beartic Pulled out an old Map And read aloud "Those Who seek passage to Mount Legend must first Prepare the Perches of the Winged Mirage Trio, Once that hath been done The Final Perch will be reveiled, if that too is prepare the way into the Mountian shall open before you"
Map of the Clearing
Puzzled by this challenge the group sat down to discuss.

Welcome to the Game!
So there are now teams...(THATS THE TWIST)
the person that figures out the challenge, will give their team an advantage during later rounds
In case you didn't figure It out Me, Beartic Grylls AKA /vXv\ and Ann Faros {ampharos} are not real players and as such aren't werewolves
If you don't have a team Job or don't know what they are yet, don't worry about it, you'll find out soon enough.
This round we are voting out someone to KILL, If you think you have a solution to the puzzle you can post that with your vote or separately.
Good Luck! :mrgreen:
Please don't quote this Huge Post OR the list

*Cherrygrove If you don't want the shiny jumpluff just tell me

Last edited by /vXv\ on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

For my vote I think Volcarona (Steel_Eel) could have done it since it said the sun was very bright, but when Shedinja brought the water, Volcarona could have wanted revenge...
And not to mention Shedinja is weak against fire.

And for the whole puzzle, maybe we have to put an item on those markings. Like on the fifth marking, we put that poisonous stick since the markings are purple, and poison type in pokemon is associated with purple. But will that work???

PS. Cool green Shuckle :)

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:39 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Where ever there is a game console, pizza, and a LOT of Mt. Dew...
For my vote is for Alakazam, cuz hes too smart for his own good, so the werewolf would want him dead before he was revealed prematurely.

Please Join Werewolf 202: Revenge of the Nightwalker!
Please help me to hatch my egg(s).
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/FALMaster#0

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:14 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I think Azumarill should be at the fountain(water type location), Bisharp at the rusty L-shaped iron bars(steel type location), and put Jumpluff at the tree stump(grass type location). Maybe these are type-related locations, and the runes could possibly be the items. #4 should definitely be the Yew Hanbö.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:21 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Well, as Shedinja has the infamous Wonder Guard, he could only have been killed by an SE move (or some other stuff). I think it was Absol. No one suspects the early warning system!

As for the puzzle, each member of the Mirage Trio, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf, are associated with a mental aspect. Uxie is the being of Knowledge, Mesprit is the being of Emotion, and Azelf is the being of Willpower. We'll need to place something of those qualities on their respective runes. The problem is figuring out which rune is for which legend. Pokedex order maybe?

EDIT: I just found an epic hint. According to Bulbapedia, the Mirage trio may be based on the Imperial Regalia. We need a Sword for Azelf, a Mirror for Uxie, and a Jewel for Mesprit. Maybe. I could be overestimating how tricky /vXv\ made this puzzle.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:51 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mektar is thinking about the puzzle but Uxie, Mespirt and Azelf are the Lake trio, Not the Mirage Trio AKA The Winged Mirages

Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:43 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ahhhh! I'm dead! Ahhhh!
This is why I chose Shedinja. The only moves that can hurt me are Fire, Flying, Rock, Ghost, and Dark type moves. I figured with whatever hint we got for who was the Werewolf could be put together with Wonder Guard to narrow down the choices. No such hint. There are no burn marks or anything, so I doubt it was a Fire-type move. I'm not covered in dirt or have any bruises, so it probably wasn't a Rock-type. No slashes or anything, so it doesn't seem to be a physical Flying-type move. That leaves Ghost, Dark, and special Flying-type moves that could've killed me. (Yes, there's a lot you can tell from nothing.)
This eliminates the following Pokemon (if the above is correct):

Jumpluff

Yeah...not as useful as I thought, but there are several Pokemon that are very very VERY unlikely to have done it:

Azumarill
Sawk
Shuckle
Raichu

I wish there was more to go on. But if I had to take a guess, I'd say Bisharp was the Werewolf, being a Dark-type and all. But once again, it's just a guess based on a hypothesis of a theory, so it's probably not very accurate.

@/vXv\: It says in the rules that I can only state who I think the Werewolf is when I'm dead. Does that mean I can't help with the puzzle or any other puzzles? And, being on the Black team, are the different teams in separate camps? It could guarantee that I was killed by a member of the Black team. Just some things that I'd like to know if I'm to help to my fullest this game.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:55 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

My vote goes to Bisharp because 1. he's a dark type therefore being one of the types that can damage Shedinja 2. He's on the same team so he would have an easier "access" so to speak to shedinja than a member of the other team.

Oh and by the Winged Mirages are Zapdos Articuno and Moltres right?

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:19 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Wailord_2 wrote:
My vote goes to Bisharp because 1. he's a dark type therefore being one of the types that can damage Shedinja 2. He's on the same team so he would have an easier "access" so to speak to shedinja than a member of the other team.

This is what i noticed too. If this is true, then Skuntank is a likely candidate too.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:28 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I just looked it up. The winged mirages are indeed Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres. The runes next to each landmark are colored in icy blue, electric yellow, and firey red. We need to bring the cooler of ice to the fountain, where Articuno's perch is, bring the silver magnifying glass to the tree stump and start a fire for Moltres, and finally, bring either the Dynamo-powered flashlight/radio,voice recorder, itemfinder, Sega game gear, or the iPod to attract Zapdos. (cuz each is electrical) Then this will open the perch for Lugia, which we need the Yew Hanbo, cuz in the pic its surrounded by purple which is the color for the poison type. (Or the silver katana, cuz the rune is silver. But this is probably just an indicator to which pokemon type it is.)

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:49 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

HollandM wrote:
I just looked it up. The winged mirages are indeed Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres. The runes next to each landmark are colored in icy blue, electric yellow, and firey red. We need to bring the cooler of ice to the fountain, where Articuno's perch is, bring the silver magnifying glass to the tree stump and start a fire for Moltres, and finally, bring either the Dynamo-powered flashlight/radio,voice recorder, itemfinder, Sega game gear, or the iPod to attract Zapdos. (cuz each is electrical) Then this will open the perch for Lugia, which we need the Yew Hanbo, cuz in the pic its surrounded by purple which is the color for the poison type. (Or the silver katana, cuz the rune is silver. But this is probably just an indicator to which pokemon type it is.)

This is VERY Close Notice in the drawings there are 5 Runes, Notice the location of the 3 runes that represent Articuno, Blue with lines hanging down (Icicles) Zapdos , Yellow with a jagged line (Lightning) and Moltres, Red with lines facing up (Fire) each represent then respective types of the pokemon. The 4th Rune is in the center of the other 3 which indicates its related to all of them........ The 5th Rune does indeed represent Lugia, however its meaning is not poison.

And mr.dude you may help with the puzzle :)

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:43 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Could the center one possibly mean Ho-oh???

And for the item to put on Lugia's spot, perhaps the Twisted Spoon since it boosts Psychic moves?? And we could use the pocket knife to start another fire for Ho-oh's spot, if it's even for Ho-oh.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:55 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Guys, don't forget that we need to vote for who to kill off. So, I'll focus on that first.

According to the Psydex, Shedinja with WonderGuard can only receive damage from Dark, Fire, Flying, Ghost, or Rock type attacks (as others have said). Now, since most people can learn a move of these types, it eliminates virtually no one. Consequently, I'm going to vote for a Pokemon who would get STAB from these types. Leaving:
Absol
Shuckle
Volcarona
Sawk
Bisharp

However, since Shedinja was in the Black team, it stands to reason that those on the Black team would have a better chance of killing him. Leaving solely Bisharp. So, that's my vote.

As far as the puzzle goes, I feel like I've seen runes like those before. There was something you had to do with them, but considering the clues, I'll just let everyone else figure it out, as I can't think to add anything else. White team, use anything you have to in order to find extra clues! I would suggest using the Psydex to look through dex entries, which may help for Ho-oh and Lugia.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:27 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yay! Me help!

Okay, so we've got the three birds and Lugia. Notice the icy-blue rune looks sort of like icicles, the yellow rune looks like a lightning bolt, and the red rune looks like magma spurting from the earth. The fifth purple rune is shaped like one of those hypnotizing thingies. And Psychic in the games are usually represented by pink and purple. That's obviously Lugia. So we need to find out what the fourth rune is.
The other four runes are of legendary birds (if Lugia is considered a bird. I never knew what to consider it and I still don't know.) and they are related to each other. It stands that a fifth legendary bird would make sense. The rune is white and sort of looks like wind, which adds to the fact that the Pokemon should fly. The legendary bird trio can wake up Lugia; however they have also been known to be controlled by another Pokemon. I am speaking of Ho-oh. (I played Guardian Signs, so I know this.) Being as there was already a Fire-type, Ho-oh is represented as a Flying-type in the rune. Plus, Ho-oh is the Rainbow Pokemon, but I don't think there would be a rainbow rune. So the rune would have to be a color that represents all other colors. And white is basically all color, all visible light. So now, how do we summon a Ho-oh? Well, I don't know. Why are you asking me?
Lugia is another matter. It could possibly be summoned using the Twisted Spoon, being a Psychic-type and all, but there is a more likely solution: the brass compass. Lugia resided in the Brass Tower before it burned down. It make sense that it would be summoned by brass. Also keep in mind who has the brass compass: Beartic Grylls. Beartic is an NPC, meaning he's controlled by /vXv\. Why else would /vXv\ make it a BRASS compass? It could've easily been made of aluminum, titanium, iron, etc. Why brass? Everything happens in these games for a reason.

@ rex: They seem familiar to me too. Ho-oh makes the most sense to me at the moment but it could possibly be something else.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:47 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Yeah, Ho-oh is most likely the middle one. Since the rune is white, and using fire twice would be redundant, I'm thinking we need something that flies. But we don't have anything with us that flies, so perhaps it should be something else. I know! Let's use the Ipod to play some Oriental Japanese music. It worked for the Kimono Girls ingame.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:52 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I just had an epic thought. Okay, so we know (based on what Bat Master told us) that the runes are symbolic. Number 5's symbolism is a WHIRLPOOL. As in, somebody must use that move there. The one in the middle looks like wind or something, so perhaps an item or a move (like Gust) could be used for that one. Now, let's figure out which ones (specifically) to use. Oh, and added on to what Shuckle-Rock$ said, I think that this will summon the Legendaries.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:56 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Okay, so maybe if Beartic uses Blizzard on the fountain, Raichu uses Thunder on the L bar thingies, and Volcarona uses Fire Blast on the tree trunk, then the birds will come. Then the fourth rune will be revealed, as stated in the mysterious riddle on the map. If Dragonite uses Hurricane on the final rune, Ho-oh will come. Azumarill should then use Whirlpool to summon Lugia. All five of the birds will open the door into the mountain. It's so simple! Maybe the items will help to summon the birds, but the epically powerful moves (and Whirlpool) should be enough. (I used Blizzard, Thunder, Fire Blast, and Hurricane because they're sort of related. Same high base power, same accuracy, has the same chance to inflict a status effect; it just made sense.)
And then my main character from Pokemon Black comes out of nowhere, forces the five birds into Master Balls I stole from my brother's White and my sister's Black, and forces them to help us with the rest of the journey.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:57 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

All of these are brilliant. But wasn't it Ho-oh that was in the brass tower before it burned down? I remember the anime did a whole episode on its legend, and the brass tower was burned down, and in its rage, it flew away, waiting for a trainer that could bring pokemon and humans even closer together. In the 2nd movie with lugia, a special type of harmonica made of a shell was used to summon lugia. Hint hint. And the elemental moves bit is great thinking.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

No; Lugia was in the Brass Tower and Ho-oh was in the Tin Tower. Of course they changed the name from Tin Tower to Bell Tower for some reason.
And in the second movie, the ocarina (not harmonica) was used to celebrate the Chosen One at the end of the yearly festival. And in the movie it was also used to... *checks Bulbapedia*
*slaps forehead*
The ocarina was used at the end of the movie to revive Lugia. Seeing as a harmonica is similar to an ocarina, Vocarona's harmonica can be used to awaken Lugia, along with the legendary trio of birds. The fourth rune could symbolize the air blowing through the harmonica!
So we summon the legendary birds with the items and/or the powerful corresponding moves. After the birds come, the fourth rune is revealed. Someone plays the harmonica to the fourth rune to summon the fifth rune, Lugia. There's a purple line connecting the fourth and fifth runes on the map. That must mean that the actions on rune four will summon rune five! Then the four birds, not five, will open the door into Mount Legend! And then my character comes and captures the legendaries. That must be it!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:47 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The white in the fourth rune could symbolize the rainbow (because rainbows are made from white light and water) and Ho-oh is the rainbow pokemon. So maybe Azumarill could use Rain Dance then we could use Dragonite's Flash light to shine the light on the rain from Azumarill and make a Rainbow to summon Ho-oh then therefore summoning Lugia as well (via the purple line that connects the 4th and 5th rune) and we could summon Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres using one of the many ways we have come up with so far. Then Mr.Dude's character could come and capture the legendaries.

P.S. has anyone else realized that Ho-oh is a palindrome?

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:00 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

rex09's argument is pretty convincing to me, so I'm also voting for Bisharp.

You guys seem to have the riddle pretty well figured out at this point.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

PI Mime here

One thing to note on the murder is that Shednija was holding a lum berry, so while being able to recover from the poisonous stick of Bisharp, and any pokemon with a move that would simply posion him, such as toxic. The move theif wasnt used as he still had the berry on him and thus could have used the berrys precence to locate him with say, the item finder of Mektar and simply use one of the dark moves Zangoose can learn. However a fire move could have been used to kill him, and a raise in tempreture wouldnt be noticed on the hot day

I feel that the Lum berry is important somehow, and that Mektars choice (the item finder) is also significant,

As for the clue winged mirages did indeed let me to belive it was the birds. Disturb not the harmony of fire ice and lightning, lest these titans wreak havoc on the world in which they clash

The whirl pool symbol is indeed lugia, the guardian of the sea. the wind, which at first thought Ho-Oh could be a red hearing, as Ho-oh has its own trio and is sperate from the birds. The lightning rods (rusty Ls) kindeling (stump) and fountain must be used to incude the element required... The ice from the cooler in the fountain, Spork to help create the lighting rod, and the magnifying glass to help with fire could easy constitute these elements. The Wind symbol alas confuses me, as it could be a directional thing, follow the wind, and with the brass compass, north west would be easy to follow. 4 could just be a a representation of the 3 birds coming togeather as flying is their common type.

Looking for UNHATCHED Manaphy egg. Will trade anything in my trading thread or PM me
FC: 1076 5550 2837

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:04 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'd say Bisharp. In my defense, if I were to kill him his corpse would be burnt. I also agree with rex's argument that only Bisharp would have the opportunity to kill Shedinja.

As for the ruins, I think the harmonica is the item for Lugia's rune. I mean it is a wind instrument. As for Ho-oh's rune, I think it's the Yew Hanbo, because of the purple coloring.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:30 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Steel_Eel wrote:
I'd say Bisharp. In my defense, if I were to kill him his corpse would be burnt. I also agree with rex's argument that only Bisharp would have the opportunity to kill Shedinja.

As for the ruins, I think the harmonica is the item for Lugia's rune. I mean it is a wind instrument. As for Ho-oh's rune, I think it's the Yew Hanbo, because of the purple coloring.

What does purple have to do with Ho-oh?? I don't think it even has purple on it...

Also, I'm gonna post a tally, just to see where we're at as far as the voting. I'm not sure if Jester's voting for Mektar, so I won't include that.

Volcarona (Steel_Eel) - 1
Bisharp (fifaking) - 5
Alakazam (Wailord_2) - 1
Absol (Shinylucario) - 1

If we're going for 5 like most WW games, then Bisharp is out. If we're going for as many as possible during the two days the round is open, then I think it very unlikely fifaking will make it to the next round. Also, the puzzle seems to be pretty much solved, so I don't think I have anything to add there.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I will vote for Bisharp (fifaking). It looks like he is the most likely suspect.

For the puzzle I think you need to freeze the fountain, electrify the bars, burn the stump and then use a wind type move on the final perch. The way I see it, the 5th ruin looks like the entrance to Mount Legend.

Last edited by Dare234 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next