4/5: Pretty good, could be better 54%  54%  [ 7 ]
3/5: Average, nothing stood out 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
2/5: I didn't really like this one 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
1/5: Worst possible; I hated it 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13

The Storyline 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

All over the Unova Region Forum, in other topics, I keep hearing people talking about the storyline. Some have described it as the best ever storyline, others as the worst ever. Well, I would like to hear your opinions! Did you like the ending?? Were Team Plasma and Ghetsis' goals too ridiculous for you?? Or maybe you just liked the incredible cutscenes?? What did you like or dislike about the story?

Personally, the only thing I really liked about the story was the ending. N turned out to have been misguided, and rather naive, rather than simply stupid. I would give it a 3/5, however, because that was the only good part in my opinion. Everything beforehand was simply too ridiculous or cheesy to be worth a higher opinion. I mean, Team Plasma started out looking like a bunch of hypocrites. Of course, later on, this turned out to simply be a facade, but still.

So, those are my thoughts. Hopefully there will be a good discussion on this!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:20 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

It was alright, but no where near as good as the Gen IV storyline. Personally i think it should have involved the legendaries a little more. lets hope they change it around in grey or whatever theyre gonna call it

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It was OK I guess but I hated the ending, N just flies away and Ghetsis escapes and then disappears forever. The shadow triad appear and say Ghetsis is gone and then they disappear too. And who were those two ladies in N's castle? Unless it's continued or explained more in grey or whatever I just don't see the point in it.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:14 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

See, that was one of my questions, too. Who were the two ladies?? They were also in the opening title sequence for the game, so I thought they would be villains or something, like Mars and Jupiter. But I think they were mostly there to foreshadow Ghetsis's betrayal.

As far as seeing Ghetsis again, I think that would be unneeded. I would just want to find out about N's parentage, and whether or not Ghetsis was the father; but seeing Ghetsis wouldn't serve any purpose. You never saw Cyrus, Giovanni, etc., after defeating them. N would make more sense to see again, but then again, a guy riding a legendary dragon around is kind of conspicuous.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:35 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Yeah, those two ladies confused the crap out of me. They should've had a much larger role- I want to see them in the next game, and know more about N.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:47 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I agree ... story line was pretty good over-all, but rather weak in parts. I did like the end with the major reveal of Ghetsis being the real bad-guy and N being a poor, mis-lead kid. It was an interesting twist that I liked. The whole thing of N wanting to "test" you and so on at various stages of the game seemed rather lame, mostly the dialog and his "reasoning" and so on. So, some room for improvement, but over-all it was okay. Lets face it ... none of the Pokémon story lines have been exactly high quality literature, have they? LOL

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:40 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I got to agree with barn owl. Further, if N wasnt in this game/ wasnt portrated as he was, the story wouldve been flat/flatter. And there are a few questions that they left open. What happened to N? What do the seven sages tell Looker? What happened to ghetsis? How does Kyruem fit into all this? Why am I listing questions that you might be asking?

Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:13 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yeah i never got how kyurem really fit into the game at all. But i dont get how it could relate to reshiram and zekrom in anyway ? :\ i guess well have to wait and find out.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mr_man, I heard a rumor a bit ago that when Kyurem came down and made Giant Crater, the impact covered Relic Castle, sealing Reshiram and Zekrom inside and turning them into stones. That's just my guess, but I suppose it could be true. And yeah, the storyline could use some improvement concerning Team Plasma, too. I mean, who are those ladies? I thought that they were N's sisters or something... The shadow triads: what are they? Ninjas, phantoms, professional stalkers :? And Ghetsis? After his battle, where does he run off to? Does he flee Unova to retire to a Carribean island? Or is he just hiding in his basement? Nintendo has a lot of questions to answer.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]