It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The Teams' Pokemon 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay, so is it just me, or does it seem like every game's Team (Rocket, Magma, Plasma, etc.) seem to use solely Dark, Poison, and Normal type Pokemon?? From Gen to Gen, there's slight variations, but it seems like those three types are among the Grunts' Pokemon (save in Gen 1 and its remakes, where there isn't Dark types in their teams). I wonder if these types are supposed to be symbolic of something, or if not, why the creators of Pokemon continue to use these constantly. Wouldn't there be a bit more of a challenge if some variation was placed on the teams, as far as typing goes?? I'll readily admit that types such as Ice or Dragon would be impractical, as although you could fight them early on (well, maybe not Dragon), but you couldn't catch the same Pokemon. But maybe more Water or Electric types could be used or something. Do you guys agree?? Disagree?? Share your thoughts, please!

Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

they're just going with pokemon / types that have an "evil" feel to them. i mean, if team whatever chose to take over the world using cute fluffy pink pokemon, who would be afraid of them?
Actually, I kind of want to see that now. A boss wielding a team of Igglybuff and Cleffa. :D

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:39 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

If you look back to RSE team aqua did have some water types (mind you it was chravana and sharpedo) and team magma did have fire types (I think). And N did have more types on hi team. But other than that, yeah it does seem that every team has used the above meantioned types.

I would like to see a more "varied" typeset across the teams. Expecially later on in the game.

Dangertrout wrote:
Actually, I kind of want to see that now. A boss wielding a team of Igglybuff and Cleffa.

*Laughing hysterically* Ohhh now that would be interesting.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:04 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

GofD wrote:
If you look back to RSE team aqua did have some water types (mind you it was chravana and sharpedo) and team magma did have fire types (I think). And N did have more types on hi team. But other than that, yeah it does seem that every team has used the above meantioned types.

I would like to see a more "varied" typeset across the teams. Expecially later on in the game.

Dangertrout wrote:
Actually, I kind of want to see that now. A boss wielding a team of Igglybuff and Cleffa.

*Laughing hysterically* Ohhh now that would be interesting.

Right, but bosses like N don't count. And I think Sharpedo and Carvanha are also dark-type, right?? I guess either way it would make sense, considering the aims of Aqua and Magma. But nonetheless, it still makes me wonder. What Dangertrout said about it being the more "evil" types makes sense, I guess (save for normal type).

Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]