No way! Smogon would never be THAT cruel and harsh! 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Yes, but just Latios 67%  67%  [ 6 ]
Yes, but just Latias 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
¯\(º_o)/¯ 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 9

Do you think Lati@s will be OU banned? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So in Gen V, the Lati@s duo lost their Soul Dew, so now people (including me!) are going berserk of using them for their OU teams. But will Smogon OU ban them still? Because even with the loss of Soul Dew, they do have good stats and movepool, and Latios's Draco Meteor is a highly feared move in battle.

To me, they (hopefuly) won't get banned since they have some common weaknesses (including weak to Pursuit) and have a low Defense stat. But I am 99.9% sure that if Soul Dew does get released, then they will be OU banned.

Discuss.

Last edited by Shuckle-rock$ on Sun May 29, 2011 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 29, 2011 7:26 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Soul dew will just be banned when released, just like last gen.

Latios will probably be banned in time. But Latias will probably stay OU through most of genV.

Sun May 29, 2011 8:33 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Pretty much agree with Mason.

Latias doesn't really have the necessary fire power to clean up in OU, especially with Ferrothorn, Sp.Def Jirachi and Tyranitar hiding round almost every corner to sponge the initial Draco Meteor and then laugh at the poor little girl if she tries to carry on fighting. T-Tar generally getting the kill even if she doesn't.

Latios on the other hand, probably does deserve to be in Ubers. Theres plenty on checks to him in OU admittedly, that extra 20 base Sp.Att makes a big difference and he will probably be puched up into Uber sooner or later, probably later. Fully expect Garchomp and Excadrill to head up there aswell, in due time.

Sun May 29, 2011 9:42 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

MasonTheChef wrote:
Latios will probably be banned in time. But Latias will probably stay OU through most of genV.

Wow, for some reason I forgot all about banning only one of them. I added the options but you'll have to redo the votes.

So I can see only Latios being banned now, since he has high spatk. And like I said, a Draco Meteor from Latios, especially with a Choice Spec attached, is a very powerful attack, and forces teams to run a poke with high special defense, like Specially Defensive Jirachi.

Sun May 29, 2011 10:40 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah Latias won't be banned anytime soon, but Latios will. Soul Dew is an incredibly powerful item and will more than likely get banned. I am just wondering about the other former Ubers like Manaphy and the like. Will they get an OU ban anytime soon? Or will they more than likely receive treatment like Latias? You know it can be in OU as long as it doesn't have this certain move or this certain item.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:40 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Manaphy was one of the first Pokemon to be sent to Uber in BW.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If they don't get booted into Ubers for being OP then they will just be placed my usage figures. Hence why Kyurem, Celebi, and Mew are all UU.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:26 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Latios will most likely be banned. However, Garchomp is currently the #1 Dragon to be kicked out of OU once again so far on Smogon. I'd say until Latios is banned, Latias will still be around for most of it.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]