It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 39  Next
 The HG/SS Questions Thread 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DragoniteLance wrote:
Ryanh181 wrote:
When do you start to see Gen 3 and 4 pokes?

After you beat the Elite Four and gain the National Dex, you should start seeing 3rd and 4th generation pokemon whether by trade, battling trainers, swarm, and so on.

That, and you can also freely trade with Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum from the beginning of the game.

Mon May 16, 2011 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Roaming Pokemon.. specially Entei and Raikou since I have injuried them and only them left of the roaming Pokemon in my HeartGold.

Since their HP are staying it same all the time/I reduces it with attacks.. Is it the same way for their PP's too?? So that they at last will kill them self with struggle if i do not capture them before? :O

Sat May 21, 2011 4:47 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

kjalabama wrote:
Roaming Pokemon.. specially Entei and Raikou since I have injuried them and only them left of the roaming Pokemon in my HeartGold.

Since their HP are staying it same all the time/I reduces it with attacks.. Is it the same way for their PP's too?? So that they at last will kill them self with struggle if i do not capture them before? :O

Im not sure about that, since when you run into them they run away inless you use mean look or have a pokemon with an ability so they cant run.
If you dont have either of thos going for you and everytime you run into them and you only attack once and then they run, then no there PP wont drop at all. :D but if you are keeping them in battle by some way then i think it would but not sure : /

Wed May 25, 2011 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Tsukiofmoon wrote:
kjalabama wrote:

Im not sure about that, since when you run into them they run away inless you use mean look or have a pokemon with an ability so they cant run.
If you dont have either of thos going for you and everytime you run into them and you only attack once and then they run, then no there PP wont drop at all. :D
<---- yeah that part was pretty logic ;)

But i keeps them in battle because i tries to catch them, and then they uses attacks. I mostly uses Snorlax' block since snorlax are higher levels than them.

what you think happens if entei loses PP and struggles him self? respawn in burned tower waiting for a fight? respawn there and start roaming the world again? dies forever?

Sat May 28, 2011 9:47 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
kjalabama wrote:
what you think happens if entei loses PP and struggles him self? respawn in burned tower waiting for a fight? respawn there and start roaming the world again? dies forever?

In that scenario, they would probably be fainted forever unless HGSS also allows you to catch them again as well if you fainted them in the previous attempt only after beating the Elite 4 or Red again was it?...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon May 30, 2011 12:46 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
kjalabama wrote:

In that scenario, they would probably be fainted forever unless HGSS also allows you to catch them again as well if you fainted them in the previous attempt only after beating the Elite 4 or Red again was it?...

When Roamers are revived (by defeating the Elite Four), they remain roaming the map. They will appear with a different nature/IV combination.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Mon May 30, 2011 3:09 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ace wrote:
When Roamers are revived (by defeating the Elite Four), they remain roaming the map. They will appear with a different nature/IV combination.

Ah, then when I finally either get Heart Gold or I guess restart Soul Silver over again, I will have something that is useful in getting a better Entei & Raikou, thanks...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:22 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

why does my ditto think its a cubone??? :?: :?: :?: :| :?

Art page. I shall draw every single Pokemon and there is nothing you can do to stop meMUHAHAHA *ahem*

Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:50 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Does anyone know how to transfer Wonder Cards between Generation IV games? I've never been quite able to figure out how, which is something I'm rather ashamed of.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:16 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I didn't think you could transfer wondercards. I imagine if it's possible you'd have to go to mystery gift and then "receive from friend" or whatever that option was called.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm sure you can, if only because I can think of no other purpose for the 'Receive From Friend' option. I just can't figure out how it works.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

well the most useful info i found when I googled it said in some cases, you can get a Mystery Gift from an event that you can share with a friend through the Wonder Card, provided you didnt pick up the gift from the pokemart. so you need to not use the card to be able to do it and it looks like not all wondercards can be transferred.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:19 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yeah, you can only transfer certain Wondercards you get, the only ones I know of are the Secret Key from the Sinnoh games & actually I forgot what else there were but yeah, it doesn't work with most Wondercards meaning unless they specifically say so via the promotion, you cannot use that option with the Wondercard...

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:53 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I have managed to catch Raikou easy enough..... however Entei is a big problem..... refuses to stay caught. I have been using Quick Balls but Fast Balls seem to work well on him as well because his base speed is over 100..... I know fast balls have a 4 multiplier for their capture rate if the targeted pokemon has a base speed stat of 100..... but do they gain a decimal additionally since Entei is a bit over 100? Quick Balls and Fast Balls are the only ones I can think of to help catch him..... and I got so mad he is like 40 lbs. short of being catchable with a Heavy Ball.... GRRRRR!

Need a bit of help. :frustrated: :D

Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:40 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Raikou wrote:
I have managed to catch Raikou easy enough..... however Entei is a big problem..... refuses to stay caught. I have been using Quick Balls but Fast Balls seem to work well on him as well because his base speed is over 100..... I know fast balls have a 4 multiplier for their capture rate if the targeted pokemon has a base speed stat of 100..... but do they gain a decimal additionally since Entei is a bit over 100? Quick Balls and Fast Balls are the only ones I can think of to help catch him..... and I got so mad he is like 40 lbs. short of being catchable with a Heavy Ball.... GRRRRR!

I hate to say this but just keep at it, make sure it has 1 HP before spamming balls at it & don't use the Quick Ball as after turn 5 of the encounter, it is just better to use Fast Balls, I also recommend using Dusk Balls & Time Balls, Dusk Balls have a 3x catch rate at night & Time Balls catch rate go up after every 10 turns meaning at turn 30, it is at a 4x catch rate which is really really helpful...

Don't worry, I had all kinds of hellish experiences catching those 2 as well, it unfortunately just takes alot of time if your luck is even close to being bad...

Also, put the pokemon to sleep(SLP) as it increases the catch rate the most out of the status aliments that can easily be inflicted ;) ...

Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:55 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Raikou wrote:

I hate to say this but just keep at it, make sure it has 1 HP before spamming balls at it & don't use the Quick Ball as after turn 5 of the encounter, it is just better to use Fast Balls, I also recommend using Dusk Balls & Time Balls, Dusk Balls have a 3x catch rate at night & Time Balls catch rate go up after every 10 turns meaning at turn 30, it is at a 4x catch rate which is really really helpful...

Don't worry, I had all kinds of hellish experiences catching those 2 as well, it unfortunately just takes alot of time if your luck is even close to being bad...

Also, put the pokemon to sleep(SLP) as it increases the catch rate the most out of the status aliments that can easily be inflicted ;) ...

Im sorry I hate to say this but I am a huge "Natures Queen".... meaning if it is not the right nature.... I dont want it. IF Pokemon were real you could say I would be an ABUSIVE trainer.... since its not i dont feel bad. So for Entei I have been tossing out Umbreon which is Adamant and has Synchronize.... I'm not at the point in the game where I can get my hands on Trapinch or Diglett so switching those in to keep Entei from running is not an option.... for some reason Trapinch has not been showing up in Safari Zone with the right amount of objects in its area. Its weird. Umbreon does not know Mean Look yet because hes not high enough in levels. He is currently Paralyzed only because I didnt know if he would keep the Sleep status the next time I would run into him.

OCD does not help when it comes to pokemon... as I progress through out the game I have to have them all at the same level before I make any huge headway. So far all of them are level 36 and there is a lot of them. People give me grief about that but ehhhhh what can I do. Im also the guy who had boxes full of level 100 pokemon in R / B / Y without ever using a single Rare Candy. I beat all my friends and people who leveled using Rare Candies. I had tons of TMs but my competition version of Red was untouched by MissingNO bug. I just got all of them from my Blue version.

I have caught Entei before but he was Carefull, and the second time he was Jolly.... a Jolly Linoone yes sure..... NO WAY am I keeping an Entei unless hes Adamant because it doesnt help the Moveset I want to teach him. My biggest issue is actually running into him..... Raikou had a favorite area he spawned at and I abused that until I caught him.... Entei.... I have no clue where he pops up most of the time. Im mostly wondering what route if any does Entei spawn at the most often. Raikou spawned the most at Route 42 for me..... honestly about 20% of the time.

I might just have to wait untill my Pokemon are higher level and I catch a Trapinch or Diglett.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:40 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Is Rock Smash the ONLY way to find fossils in HGSS or is there a story event that gives you some. I may be durpadurr at the moment but if there is I think I missed it.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:58 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

@ Raikou = You need to have your pokemon stronger regardless & for Umbreon, I actually had a bred 1 that had the following set up;

Umbreon / Synchronize / Leftovers(?) / LV57(at least be at the level for Mean Look)
Moveset = Baton Pass / Substitute / Taunt / Mean Look

I would get them down to 1HP using a LV97 Gallade with False Swipe(Don't ask why please, it was a clutch moment thing) & after that let them run & encounter them again & then seal their fate using Umbreon with first Mean Look, then Taunt & then Substitute, Baton Pass was on their for Platinum cause those pokemon didn't have Roar which kills Baton Passes usefulness so it is useless for catching Raikou or Entei, anywho, keep doing a combination of throwing desired Poke'Ball, using items to keep Umbreon alive & also reapplying Taunt as the correct time & you should never have anything to worry about as Roar has low Priority, see?...

Raikou wrote:
Is Rock Smash the ONLY way to find fossils in HGSS or is there a story event that gives you some. I may be durpadurr at the moment but if there is I think I missed it.

Unfortunately it is the only way to obtain Fossils in the game itself, I don't like it either but oh well...

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:02 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

@ Lawence Codye

Yeah... My OCD... "All my Poke's have to be the same level!"... but wait I only need 6 at any given time?... Logic is waging a war against Conditioning... Outcomes are appearing disasterous... Slow progress through out the whole game... Rain of Fire... Chaos in the Streets... Dogs and Cats living together... Mass Hysteria! :lol:

Yes of course I agree with you that is possibly the best setup for catching Entei... keep him trapped... and catch him... totally agree... its what I would have done that late in the game as well. Probably going to have to do it with Latios in Kanto. I honestly have 150 Pokes that are all at level 36... Dont judge me please. Im also very finicky about what I teach HM's to. I have an Adamant Gyarados with Waterfall, Strength, and Rock Smash just to be an HM :censored:. :lol:

With my HG version im not that picky... I have HM :censored:s and then I have a team of 6 that Im keeping all the way through. Untill the end at least. Any exclusives I capture and send to SS and breed them there... I like SS better than HG. I love Lugia. When the 3rd installment of Gen V comes out I'll trade all of my pokes to that version. One thing to keep in mind about me. Last time I was serious about Pokemon was R / B / Y and I won competitions back then. I have my team posted on Gen 1 Team Rating. I want to get back into it competatively. First thing I did was research. Some questions are not entirely answered yet though.

Thank you for your help with that I do appreciate it. :D

I did NetBattle during the time of R / S / E and I fell in love with double battles back then. I did have a lot of people yell at me telling me my strategy was evil, unforgiving, OP, and unnecessary... but I had fun.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:21 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I have a question. Is it possible for you to come accross Pokerus more than once? I have just come accross it in game... and I have never hard anyone say they get it a second time. I know Pokemon that already had it develop an immunity to it... I am more concerned if any new Pokemon that I might catch after all of mine have become Immune have a chance at catching it. When I mean all of mine I really mean it. I have been taking two infected pokemon placing them in position 2 and position 5 in my party. 500 steps or 6 wild pokemon encounters later (I dont exactly know the trigger) the entire party has it and I switch in 4 new ones to catch it.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:39 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Raikou wrote:
I have a question. Is it possible for you to come accross Pokerus more than once? I have just come accross it in game... and I have never hard anyone say they get it a second time. I know Pokemon that already had it develop an immunity to it... I am more concerned if any new Pokemon that I might catch after all of mine have become Immune have a chance at catching it. When I mean all of mine I really mean it. I have been taking two infected pokemon placing them in position 2 and position 5 in my party. 500 steps or 6 wild pokemon encounters later (I dont exactly know the trigger) the entire party has it and I switch in 4 new ones to catch it.

Well, if all your pokemon had pkrs at some point in their lives and have since been cured you can't get it again. Most people will keep one pokemon with the active virus frozen in their PC to infect future pokemon they breed or catch.
If you caught new pokemon, it would be possible to run into it in the wild again. However, you would need to have the first pokemon or two in your party to be completely pkrs free.
iirc, having a pkrs cured pokemon can block the passing of the virus to the pokemon next to it.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:29 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

@ Raikou = To conclude the answer about the roaming pokemon, it works so so so much better on Latios & you don't have to run into it multiple times either since it doesn't have Roar or anything like that, just encounter it once, Mean Look it & then Baton Pass that(& a Sub if you choose) to your False Swipe user & or status inducer & it will be caught in no time if the RNG doesn't screw you over that is, & I know you don't have this stuff but this is just for information purposes, glad I could help ;) ...

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:28 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have a question. For the gym and elites rematches, how many times can you rebattle them? Is it unlimited, or a one shot per person?

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm pretty sure its unlimited, although I have never tried myself.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:13 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Dangertrout wrote:
I'm pretty sure its unlimited, although I have never tried myself.

Yes, it is however many times you want, only thing is that with the Gym Leaders you have to call them to set up the challenge when they are available but the Elite 4 is obviously able to be battled as many times as you desire cause they don't go no where what so ever...

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 39  Next