It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Dream world Hits the USA 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Haha, all that wasted time! :p

Quote:
I then put Mienfoo back to sleep.

Wait....can you send over more than one Pokemon or something?

Sun May 22, 2011 11:48 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Now that I've played through it for a few days, I can safely say:

I don't get the appeal of the Dream World, at all. There's absolutely nothing to do there but play like two mini-games over and over again, or water berries, which is something I never even enjoyed doing in RSE or DPP. And once you make a wish for a Pokemon you've befriended, you're basically done for the day. Which is why I'm unsure why the thing has a one-hour limit; I'm usually in and out after ten or fifteen minutes, and it's not like you can A) wish for more than Pokemon per day or B) go back to the Dream World after you bring that one befriended Pokemon to the Entralink, because the Game Sync won't let you. And it seems to take forever to earn points, which actively downplays the only reason why I'm even bothering: to find more Pokemon with hidden abilities, who become available BASED ON your number of points.

God, what a waste of an "innovative" concept.

Mon May 23, 2011 11:23 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost wrote:
And once you make a wish for a Pokemon you've befriended, you're basically done for the day. Which is why I'm unsure why the thing has a one-hour limit; I'm usually in and out after ten or fifteen minutes,

Honestly im fine with the one hour limit. Play it for an hour and then go off and do something else. ANd the ne hour time limit is so the server doesnt overload and crash.

Frost wrote:
A) wish for more than Pokemon per day or B) go back to the Dream World after you bring that one befriended Pokemon to the Entralink, because the Game Sync won't let you

The one poke limit is fine by me, Im behind on EV training anyways.

Frost wrote:
And it seems to take forever to earn points, which actively downplays the only reason why I'm even bothering: to find more Pokemon with hidden abilities, who become available BASED ON your number of points.

Agreed.

Frost wrote:

The game was made for people younger than us. Of course where gonna find it tedious and extremly boring. We arent exactly the prime target audience.

Anyways my DW visit was short todya mainly becasue my sis needed to us the CPu. I ended up taking a male Anorith with Swift swim. It had cross poison for a move, so ill end up just using it for Breeding.

Mon May 23, 2011 11:57 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It's not that bad. Watering berries doesn't take long, I just cycle through my Dream Pals and usually get enough to water there. Then I go to the DW 4-6 times. (For those who might not know, you don't have to make a wish when you get to the end, you use the "return home" button at the top left of the screen and then go over the bridge again) Once my Simipour has a heart over her head, I do my last DW trip and make a wish for a pokemon.
I think i'm getting around 600 points a day, so it doesn't take too long to get to the fancy pokemon. My trips seem to be getting shorter and shorter, I got my 500+ points in about 30mins yesterday.
As for the mini games, of the 4 I think the ice cream scooping game is my least favorite. Someone explain to me how Igglybuff's "bite size" is larger than its entire body :shock:

Mon May 23, 2011 12:09 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Dangertrout wrote:
I still haven't seen the Sparkling Sea, and now I know why! I haven't finished the game :P
Apparently I must acquire the 8th badge in order to qualify for the Scuba Certification. 8-)

No females showed up for me today, so I grabbed the NidoranM. It was a meh day in the DW, but my Simipour got her level up, so hurrah!

Wow, sorry I wasn't much help as I beat the game, started over & then beat the game again all before the DW came out over in the states so I would have never guessed, interesting, hope you finish it soon cause that is a good spot to look for pokemon...

Hey, at least you have a NidoranM from there, I haven't gotten 1 yet & do try to soft reset for a good one, it is your only salvation for that pokemon as it cannot breed I don't think...

Patchy wrote:
Haha, all that wasted time! :p

Wait....can you send over more than one Pokemon or something?

It is not wasted time necessarily as I explore the DW a bit before waking it up & it's about almost 5 minutes to put it back to sleep & a minute to wake it up before hand so it isn't that bad actually...

& no, only 1 pokemon can be put asleep a day, the trick is that I leave my pokemon asleep sometimes after the DW hour expires & then continue using it the next visit for a little while & then wake it up & use my 1 Game Sync use to put it or another pokemon to sleep again & then either wake it up or leave it in there for the next visit after that ;) ...

Frost wrote:
Now that I've played through it for a few days, I can safely say:

I don't get the appeal of the Dream World, at all. There's absolutely nothing to do there but play like two mini-games over and over again, or water berries, which is something I never even enjoyed doing in RSE or DPP. And once you make a wish for a Pokemon you've befriended, you're basically done for the day. Which is why I'm unsure why the thing has a one-hour limit; I'm usually in and out after ten or fifteen minutes, and it's not like you can A) wish for more than Pokemon per day or B) go back to the Dream World after you bring that one befriended Pokemon to the Entralink, because the Game Sync won't let you. And it seems to take forever to earn points, which actively downplays the only reason why I'm even bothering: to find more Pokemon with hidden abilities, who become available BASED ON your number of points.

Good cause imo, there isn't any appeal to it, it is basically like a job forced upon 1 that they must do to obtain 1 or 2 pokemon a day with special abilities they can't get otherwise without hacking, I hate how they further ruined the system as it takes 1 or 2 more visits after planting the berry or berries just to finally be able to pick the berries which is like way longer then it was in prior games. I hate that the most, I don't know why they don't let you at least get more then 1 pokemon per visit to the tree cause sometimes I find more then 1 pokemon I want to keep but I am forced to pick between them & then most of the time I never see that pokemon again, especially as female pokemon. The 1-hour limit is at this stage seeming like it's going to be permanent & that is sad cause at this stage, I would at least expect them to have it be more then that due to the fact that once most people get to a certain point in the DW, there isn't much need to be there the whole visit & to prove this, I have visited some homes that seem like their were abandoned or are only used to plant more of the berries they need in game. I hate that 1 use a day thing for the Game Sync too I mean, why not at least 2 or 3 uses as just like mentioned before, sometimes people are out of there long before the hour is up & it's a lot of wasted time that could be used if the Game Sync would let 1 use it...

That all being said, unfortunately it is needed to legally produce berries & legally obtian pokemon with DW abilities so I have no choice myself...

Dangertrout wrote:
Then I go to the DW 4-6 times. (For those who might not know, you don't have to make a wish when you get to the end, you use the "return home" button at the top left of the screen and then go over the bridge again) Once my Simipour has a heart over her head, I do my last DW trip and make a wish for a pokemon.

We know that, that is the only way we would even possibly get to even the 300-499 range that makes the musical note appear in the bubble above the pokemon's head, I caught on to this immediately & sometimes I even just flat out exit the area I don't want to go to & reenter to get a different area, if it lets me without killing the chance of anymore pokemon showing up like it did that 1 time when I only explored there twice, I literally wait until the last 5 to 15 minutes to make my last trip & then finally make a wish...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon May 23, 2011 2:56 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Dangertrout wrote:
I still haven't seen the Sparkling Sea, and now I know why! I haven't finished the game :P
Apparently I must acquire the 8th badge in order to qualify for the Scuba Certification. 8-)

No females showed up for me today, so I grabbed the NidoranM. It was a meh day in the DW, but my Simipour got her level up, so hurrah!

Wow, sorry I wasn't much help as I beat the game, started over & then beat the game again all before the DW came out over in the states so I would have never guessed, interesting, hope you finish it soon cause that is a good spot to look for pokemon...

Hey, at least you have a NidoranM from there, I haven't gotten 1 yet & do try to soft reset for a good one, it is your only salvation for that pokemon as it cannot breed I don't think...

White has been going slowly for me. I'm caught up in a HG breeding project, so it will be a while before I finish :P

Lawence Codye wrote:
Dangertrout wrote:
Then I go to the DW 4-6 times. (For those who might not know, you don't have to make a wish when you get to the end, you use the "return home" button at the top left of the screen and then go over the bridge again) Once my Simipour has a heart over her head, I do my last DW trip and make a wish for a pokemon.

We know that, that is the only way we would even possibly get to even the 300-499 range that makes the musical note appear in the bubble above the pokemon's head, I caught on to this immediately & sometimes I even just flat out exit the area I don't want to go to & reenter to get a different area, if it lets me without killing the chance of anymore pokemon showing up like it did that 1 time when I only explored there twice, I literally wait until the last 5 to 15 minutes to make my last trip & then finally make a wish...

I know YOU know that :P But some people are new to the game and might not think to try skipping the tree, so I threw it in as a side note to the new players. Figured it couldn't hurt.

Mon May 23, 2011 3:27 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Dangertrout wrote:
I know YOU know that :P But some people are new to the game and might not think to try skipping the tree, so I threw it in as a side note to the new players. Figured it couldn't hurt.

My bad, was just explaining why me myself knew that, & no, it doesn't hurt to post that cause there are some who probably don't :| ...

Dream Points = 11690

Today in the Dream World was a painful choice among 2 befriended pokemon & I still feel like :censored: about my choice, all that I encountered today was;

Lickitung with Cloud Nine (Lick)
Marill with Sap Sipper (Aqua Jet)
Skitty with Wonder Skin (Captivate)
Clampearl with Rattled (Captivate)
Slowpoke with Regenerator (Brine)

Those are all the female pokemon at least, then when I finally reached the Wishing Tree for the 4th or 5th time, I decided that to keep encountering pokemon would be hazardous to my chances of picking Skitty or Slowpoke so I decided to get a pokemon then & there, I had to evaluate like never before but it didn't help at all, it only made it way harder to pick either of them but I eventually chose Skitty cause I only seen it once & it was in Pleasant Forest which has the most pokemon imo so the chances of seeing it again are slimmer then Slowpoke who I have seen twice, Slowpoke had the better move but was not needed imo so that influenced the decision as well, I then got my 20 plants of other's watered & I called it a day after taking 3 berries I didn't have & a Super Potion with me...

I racked up over 500 points after watering almost all 20 of the plants so Mienfoo leveled up as well, 7 more levels to go & it will be at LV50 & be a Mienshao, meh...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Mon May 23, 2011 6:44 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

no worries, I was just bugging you :P
At this point what pokemon are you hoping to run into? It feels like its been a while since you were happy with the results of your trips in the DW.
I'm pretty happy with most pokemon in existence as long as they're female and I can breed out their DW abilities. Though I will admit, I was less than thrilled when my only option was a Hoppip. I don't dislike Jumpluff, but I think there were quite a few pokemon I ran into that I would have preferred had they been female. Right now my main want is a Marvel Scale Dratini, but that one will be a long time before I see it.

Mon May 23, 2011 8:13 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:
& no, only 1 pokemon can be put asleep a day, the trick is that I leave my pokemon asleep sometimes after the DW hour expires & then continue using it the next visit for a little while & then wake it up & use my 1 Game Sync use to put it or another pokemon to sleep again & then either wake it up or leave it in there for the next visit after that ;) ...

Oh right, but wouldnt that mean you couldnt take a Pokemon from the wishing tree? :/

And yeah Frost I actually find it really tedious, but I want the Pokemon so I force myself to go on every day. ;o

Tue May 24, 2011 12:34 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Its tuesday, which means RESET DAY. So I guess I ll have to wait till tommorrow to hunt down my Drought Vulpix..

Ah well Im behind in Ev training anyways. Also doesnt help Ive been Playing DFO a lot more lately.....

Tue May 24, 2011 5:19 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Patchy wrote:
Oh right, but wouldnt that mean you couldnt take a Pokemon from the wishing tree? :/

No because when I wake my pokemon up, if I have a pokemon to send to the entralink wished for, it gets sent & then my pokemon wishlist resets & then I can put the pokemon back to sleep since I haven't done so for the day, hunt some more pokemon like I just started & then wish for another 1 & send it to the Entralink by waking my pokemon up again & because my Game Sync is now used up for the day, call it a day...

Dangertrout wrote:
At this point what pokemon are you hoping to run into? It feels like its been a while since you were happy with the results of your trips in the DW.
I'm pretty happy with most pokemon in existence as long as they're female and I can breed out their DW abilities. Though I will admit, I was less than thrilled when my only option was a Hoppip. I don't dislike Jumpluff, but I think there were quite a few pokemon I ran into that I would have preferred had they been female. Right now my main want is a Marvel Scale Dratini, but that one will be a long time before I see it.

It kind of has been like that but no, I am happy with my results, just not the trips themselves since there is such a painful trail at the end sometimes, I liked the Marill, Murkrow & plenty of others I have gotten from there but I didn't like having to pick Aerodactyl, I guess Pidgey & some other pokemon with rather useless abilities...

The pokemon I yearn for are as followed(some of them anyway);

Vulpix with Drought
Minccino with Skill Link
(better then Technician because even if you get a boost from Technician, it is not always certain to hit 5 times when it doesn't miss, those 5 hit attacks that is so it kind of does more damage imo)
Staravia with Reckless
(have found only 2 to 3 of them during my entire experience in the Dream World & they all had to be Male gendered, it just won't work for me having only 1 of them so I need a Female to breed)

There are others but for now, I only want these 3, especially the top 2...

I actually like Jumpluff with Infiltrator & the move, Cotton Guard as a Physical Wall or Tank if you will which is what I plan on working on at some point & Marvel Scale Dratini huh? Somebody likes Multi Scale Dragonite but if you didn't know about that yet, that is what you will have when you get Dratini fully evolved & it works differently then Marvel Scale, kind of like a Focus Sash, except for a pokemon that won't go down in 1 hit easily, it makes it even harder to do this when they are at full HPs...

Tue May 24, 2011 12:17 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Oh yeah, add the ridiculous maintenance schedule to another of the many things wrong with the Dream World.

Because I can see that the UK and Australia get different maintenance timelines, I am totally baffled as to why the people in charge thought it would be a good idea to have eighteen consecutive hours of maintenance for the US. Instead of doing the more RATIONAL thing and having 1-2 hours of maintenance per night at some time when most Americans are asleep, they wait until Tuesday to do it all, basically ensuring that the Dream World is down FOR an entire day.

Like, really, who the hell came up with this plan? As is the case with so many other parts of Dream World and Black/White in general, my reaction boils down to this:

Tue May 24, 2011 12:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost wrote:
Because I can see that the UK and Australia get different maintenance timelines, I am totally baffled as to why the people in charge thought it would be a good idea to have eighteen consecutive hours of maintenance for the US. Instead of doing the more RATIONAL thing and having 1-2 hours of maintenance per night at some time when most Americans are asleep, they wait until Tuesday to do it all, basically ensuring that the Dream World is down FOR an entire day.

I have to agree. Its odd that they do the maitenacne during the day (I think their reasonng behind this is that the poeple using the Dw would actually be in school). The only good thing about the maintence day is that it resets the time to visit the DW.

Lawence Codye wrote:
The pokemon I yearn for are as followed(some of them anyway);

Vulpix with Drought

I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW. I cant really make my double team till I have that in my possesion. Thats realy the only poke on my most want list right now. I tend to just go through the DW and see what I get for abilites.

Tue May 24, 2011 1:13 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Frost wrote:
Oh yeah, add the ridiculous maintenance schedule to another of the many things wrong with the Dream World.

Like, really, who the hell came up with this plan?

Yeah, it completely messes up my schedule too, & to boot, it says that there is barely anyone on but when I go using the Dream World even then, it starts moving slow alot & even crashes multiple times & what not, like it did today...I am starting to get fed up with whoever handles the Global Link site cause it is really pathetic to say the least :frustrated: completely ruined my DW trip today, completely...

Dream Points = 12120

Speaking of which, I have had the absolute worse trip I have ever had in the DW today, I didn't get a pokemon worth even looking at to send back for today, the :censored: thing crashed :censored: twice & also caused alot of lag in some important games resulting in some of my female pokemon finds to have less then impressive moves such as Lileep with Acid, ACID...& to boot, I got no plants of others watered today cause it crashed when I tried to get to someone else's garden...

All & all, they need to get their :censored: together & get the system more under control cause I can clearly fun flash applications on my Laptop perfectly, especially now that it has been cleaned out but yet somehow it is supposely quiet activity wise & somehow DW crashed twice & the first time it crashed my Shockwave Plug-in & the second time it did only after I logged out(I saw it crash right as the browser closed as it logged off, again!), stupidly put together chore of an application the DW is I see...

All that said, I ran into a Pachirisu with Volt Absorb(Male), Remoraid with Moody(Female) & a Glameow with Keen Eye(Male) who were all not very impressive to me to say the least though I am hoping that tomorrow more pokemon will still show up, even though today they stopped showing up after about 4 to 5 runs so yeah, I am still :censored: about that soundly, still...

Tue May 24, 2011 8:48 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

GofD wrote:
The only good thing about the maintence day is that it resets the time to visit the DW.

It doesn't reset it, it probably just appears that way if you were doing it at a reasonable time. If I go into the DW 1am all week, I'm still stuck going at 1am after the maintenance :cry: I frequently have to skip a day to fix it.

I think instead of having a 24 hour wait between visits, they should just have a midnight reset. That way, if one night you end up having to play really late it doesn't screw you up for the rest of the week.

Wed May 25, 2011 6:45 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well I finally got on to the DW. Yesterday I never got a chance. Only saw one new poke, A Lapras wit hhydration. I Decided to get another cravanha with speed boost, nohing else really. I was only in Dw for half an hour before My viist stared going empty.

Still looking for thta vulpix....

MAy 27th EDIT.

I GOT MY FREAKIN VULPIX!!!!!

Yeah ok its male and im not gonna be a blt to breed it energy ball onto it. But at least I FINNALLY have it.

Thu May 26, 2011 6:17 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

:( I saw so many of the rarer pokemon today. skitty and vulpixes (plural!), etc. All of them male. The only female I didnt already have was a Swablu. stupid vulpixes being male. *pout*

Fri May 27, 2011 11:48 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dangertrout wrote:
vulpixes (plural!),

Wow. Lucky. I only saw one and it was male. I cant really us it on the double team I want to make becuase I need a drought NInetales with energy ball (I am a stickler for type coverage on certain pokes). So im just gonna make it into a staller with a timid nature. ( Oh boy another staller......)

Anyways n y most recent trip i got a Dratini with Marveouls sclae or something like that. Full health damage is halved. Not suer if ill use it or breed the female dratini I got from platinum.

AS of right now im not really spending all that much time in DW. I basically play until I find a poke I want now.

Sun May 29, 2011 5:53 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Gah! I'm ok with the game bugging now and then and having to re-log. I mean, things happen. but really? did it have to crash when it was tallying up my sky race points? someone owes me a Buneary, because it didn't make it to my list, and i did really well that time too. Bet you it was going to be a female too :frustrated:

Sun May 29, 2011 8:44 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Dangertrout wrote:
Gah! I'm ok with the game bugging now and then and having to re-log. I mean, things happen. but really? did it have to crash when it was tallying up my sky race points? someone owes me a Buneary, because it didn't make it to my list, and i did really well that time too. Bet you it was going to be a female too :frustrated:

I am praying that you get that Buneary cause you deserved it for how well you did in the game alone...

That being said, I am now :censored: about something else & that is that I have not been to the DW in days & my planted berries have probably sunk to the bottom of the earth's soil by now, :censored: :frustrated: ...

I will visit the DW later today when I get up if the connection I am on now decides to stay around...

Congrats of the Drought {vulpix} GOfD, even if it's a bitter sweet victory ;) ...

Mon May 30, 2011 1:12 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Unfortunately, the Buneary was not waiting for me at the tree :( but they made up for it last night. Female Elekid with Cross Chop and ..... whatever the DW ability is. I've forgotten already :P

Lum berries take a long time to grow! it was only sprouting after about 24 hours. I wanted to plant a ton of them and use them for ice cream games and shelf swapping. oh well, guess i'll just have to be patient :P

Mon May 30, 2011 8:49 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Each day I log into the Dream World, I like it less and less. I FINALLY hit 1,000 Dream Points (after, like, ten days, mind you) and I was happy that I was finally going to unlock something besides Pleasant Forest, but... no, it's actually 2,500 Dream Points to unlock Windswept Sky. WTFH? GameFreak really overestimates how much interest I have in playing this boring game every goddamn day for an entire month -- at the rate I earn points, which is about a hundred per day -- just to unlock a new map. The minigames stopped being fun after, like, three days, and I don't have Dream Pals so I can go water their berries, which doesn't sound fun or exciting to me in the first place.

This is slowly becoming my least favorite aspect of BW, seriously.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well yesterday I ran into another MAlE Vulpix, but this one had Darck Pulse as Move. I figure I can at least us this one for breeding purposes.

What has been Bothering me is the MAle to Female ratio. I mean Out of 2 pages you might get TWO females. Yeah I understand some pokes would have a Higher male ratio ( drought Vulpix for example), but not why they all havea high male ratio. Of course this problem would only apply to those who breed for moves/IVS.

Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Frost wrote:
and I don't have Dream Pals so I can go water their berries, which doesn't sound fun or exciting to me in the first place.

Is that by choice? All my dream pals were random people who stumbled onto my place and sent me a request. It didn't take too long to fill up my roster.
I agree it isn't particularly fun to visit other homes (the novelty of seeing how they decorated their house wore off after the first 3) but its a good way to get items and berries you don't already have using the share shelf.
there are a lot of things that annoy me about the dream world, but I DO like getting pokemon with different abilities. And with my new Lum berries, the ice cream game *might* be less annoying. Of course, first I need to grow a ton of them. Still waiting for that first berry to bear fruit >.<

Tue May 31, 2011 7:37 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

GofD wrote:
What has been Bothering me is the MAle to Female ratio. I mean Out of 2 pages you might get TWO females. Yeah I understand some pokes would have a Higher male ratio ( drought Vulpix for example), but not why they all havea high male ratio. Of course this problem would only apply to those who breed for moves/IVS.

The gender ratio in pokemon in general is retarded & Male dominant, I just don't see how some pokemon can be Male at all like Vulpix for example, there are others too but I won't dwell too much into something that can't be fixed I guess...

What also I need to mention is that Pokemon International or whoever they are at Customer Service finally sent me this message a short 2 weeks I think after I send them the ticket regarding that Eevee Evolution Promotion...

Attachment:
EeveePromoIssue2.png

That is what they sent me & with that said, I will now recommend any & everyone who didn't get their Eevee Evolution also send a ticket via the Global Link's Customer Service page as they probably need to know what Eevee you were suppose to get & you can even specify it as I have when I sent my ticket in which is this below so...

Attachment:
EeveePromoIssue1.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next