It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Magic: The Gathering Discussion Thread 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

So... yeah. New Phyrexia is going to be awesome. I'm going to participate in a Booster Draft on launch day. Also, I realized something interesting. Apparently, the symbol of the Phyrexians (the O with the slash through it), is based of the greek letter Phi, which is also the first part of the word Phyrexia!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:05 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

http://www.draftmagic.com/new-phyrexia-spoiler/ New Phyrexia has a lot of stupid BS cards in it, a lot of high costing stuff this new expansion is going to have a very slow pacing to it. Especially in pre-releases. It's going to be fun though.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The pre-release was awesome, and I personally love this set in Sealed. The format has a decent pacing, not too slow (like M10 or Rise of the Eldrazi) and not too fast (like Zendikar and Scars of Mirrodin). I'm not so sure how the set will work in Draft, especially triple New Phyrexia. Overall, the set is fantastic and a good amount of cards are going to make a splash in Standard, Extended and maybe even Legacy.

Favorite cards I got to play with (from NPH) at the pre-release were Birthing Pod, Beast Within, Porcelain Legionnaire, Furnace Scamp, Shrine of Loyal Legions, Slash Panther and Thundering Tanadon. However, my bomb was Hoard-Smelter Dragon from SOM, so awesome. :)

Also, this set is awesome for EDH Commander goodies, giant Praetors, splashy spells, it's all there.

Wed May 11, 2011 10:07 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I attended a launch party, it was my first time drafting. I came in 8th place out of ten people, which I think is OK for a first time draft. I ended up with a decent Green/White deck. I ended up with some good cards including four Thundering Tanadons, three Mutagenic Growths, Norn's Annex, Phyrexian Metamorph (not the promo), and the epic immortality combo of Melira and Phyrexian Unlife. In the backdraft, I got even better rares. The guy before me picked a Mental Mistep (which they put in with the rares), which let me take Vorniclex! I also got Mindslaver, A Little Mercy (Dissipation Field), and Necrotic Ooze!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun May 15, 2011 6:16 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I did a pre-release, and I'm going to do a draft with some friends from my local gaming association, for New Phyrexia. It was a lot of fun I got some decent pulls. Surgical Extraction, Slag Fiend, Unwinding Clock, and Molten Dragon, to name a few. The new Phyrexia mana really adds a new spin to the game, allowing for multiple colors to exist inside mono colored decks.

Sun May 15, 2011 8:44 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I do have to say your draft deck sounds pretty similar to mine Mektar, I also had a Green/White build with three Thundering Tanadons and Norn's Annex. I unfortunately didn't do to well in the draft, lost in the second round to a quirky Red/White/Blue build that I would beat down to 1 or 2 life and he would gain it back with Pristine Talismans and War Report. >_> I also lost to a extremely fast infect deck (well extremely fast for Draft) that would kill on turn 3 or 4 on average, the guy who drafted it told me he picked up every copy of Glistener Elf he saw, which was eight. <_<

Tue May 17, 2011 12:43 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Yeah, I had bad luck. About half the games I lost were because I drew lands when I needed spells :frustrated: . Also, Glistener Elf is awesome, decks can easially win by turn 3 with them. Another card that Pwns early game (that I found out the hard way) is Fume Spitter. ****, those things are cheap.

Mektar out.

Wed May 18, 2011 5:09 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

*Bump*

Guess who just opened Balefire Dragon, Reaper from the Abyss, and a FOIL Cackling Counterpart at the Innistrad Prerelease! But I only came in 10th out of 20 people. At least I'm not the worst player at this. Anyone else open anything good?

Mektar out.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:14 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

*another bump*

The Dark Ascension Prerelease yeserday was really fun. I didn't win any packs, but I got some great cards via trading, enough to build a new blue-black self-mill Zombie deck. I also opened the :censored:ing godly WITHENGAR UNBOUND. Yes. But that's still not as good as this one other guy there who opened a FOIL SOREN.

Mektar out.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2