It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Do you hack the game? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Do you hack your pokemon game to get your pokemon? I am considering doing it, but it just feels wrong, but on the other hand, it feels like a waste of time to train things when I could just make them with an action replay. So I'm asking, what do you think, what do you do?

Mon May 16, 2011 4:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yes, Yes I do.

Here's the break down on what I do...

1) AR in the 6 Pokemon I want as my team at their base Evolution (If unavailable in the game). Catch the first one I see.
2) Breed for Egg Moves, Nature and IV's. (So the pokemon I actually end up using are Legit)
3) For EV Training I hack in the following Pokemon and fight them on Route 1 (or the equivalent of). HP: Nidoqueen. Att: Nidoking. Def: Golem. Sp.Att: Alakazam. Sp.Def: Blastoise. Speed: Raichu.
4) Once EV's are done I Lvl as normal by either going through Elite 4 with Exp Shares or just going to the route with the highest level wild pokemon.

What do I think. I think using an AR to get a load of Lvl 100 pokemon and just using them as they are is a terrible idea as the stats will be atrocious. Using it to get some pokemon that are unavailable to you and then actually training them, I have no issue with. Obviously.

Tue May 17, 2011 1:00 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I have an AR, And I only used it on my platinum game to get pokes I couldnt otherwise(I tried it in white , but it didnt work). I did use it to get 99 of each tm and 999 of each berry, but that was all after I beat the game and had 999.99 hours of play on it.

The way I see it if your using AR to get poke you couldnt normally, and not hacking those pokes for Iv/moves, Id say it ISNT cheating becasue you are unable to get the pokemon any other way.

And if your doing what Mutant_ Mewtwo is doing, #3 on the list, I also dont see any problem with that.

Tue May 17, 2011 4:59 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I used Gameshark to hack my Ruby and Leafgreen games. But I would never hack my prized Firered game, since that's where all my main data is, and wouldn't risk screwing it all up.

So for LG I used the cheats to find the rare glitch poke B oE AN, and to get to Naval Rock and get Lugia from there. And on Ruby, I used the simple Walk Through Walls cheat at the beginning of the game to find Missingno. I also found the silver Wynaut this way.

So yea, I don't have a cheat for Platinum. :oops:

Tue May 17, 2011 1:25 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I stopped hacking my games via the start of Gen 4, it just was getting to be too much work & I generally feel better getting my pokemon legitimately so RNG Abuse is as far as I will go & that is not hacking though some consider it cheating so that is that I guess...

I did hack my Sapphire game alot & I mean alot, I would do so because the game was bland as :censored: without the increase in team possibilities via hacking & also cause it was when I learned that it was easily possible to do so without too much risk of destroying my game...I also hacked my Leafgreen game for the same reasons which were to either catch pokemon the game wouldn't let me normally or to get shinnies or lastly to get my whole team at the start of the game which I favored alot due to how late it is when you usually get them, but this got incredibly dull as I never finished it & didn't have Sapphire anymore to boot & to top it off I had to get my pokemon at the evolution that I would eventually keep them at so that was annoying in Leafgreen as well so I just stopped doing it all together when I learn that my Action Replay DS wasn't even compatible with Windows Vista & the rest is history :violin: ...

My viewpoint on it is, if you need it to get your Secret ID, to EV train a pokemon in a stat that otherwise isn't too easy to do or to get Poke'rus or to get any item what so ever or to get a pokemon with high IVs as it is kind of a requirement to even do well in competitive battling these days & for the better reason of getting the Hidden Power you want, then it is not cheating in a bad way & I am okay with it but otherwise, it is disrespectful to say the least & those people need to be obliterated...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue May 17, 2011 9:39 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I have a flashcart and Pokemon Black on it, so I upload my saved file on my computer and edit it via Pokesav. I edited all their stats so they have 31 IVs in every stat and set it to the correct nature.

What? Is that considered cheating?

Thu May 19, 2011 3:22 am
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Krisp wrote:
I have a flashcart and Pokemon Black on it, so I upload my saved file on my computer and edit it via Pokesav. I edited all their stats so they have 31 IVs in every stat and set it to the correct nature.

What? Is that considered cheating?

My answer to that is...not to me, not to me at all...

I wish I could be able to do that, but I can't so oh well...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Thu May 19, 2011 11:05 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Yes, I hack the game, and shamelessly at that, because it's the only way I can even enjoy the Pokemon games at all anymore thanks to all of the ridiculous micromanaging.

Breeding for two weeks at a time to get a Pokemon with good IVs? While also worrying about the correct gender, ability and natures? No. Screw that. And screw the tedium known as EV training. I don't have that kind of patience anymore and I don't know how so many people can stand doing it either.

Fri May 20, 2011 12:32 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I am 1 of those people who cannot stand doing that so I am sure not 1 of them...

I don't even understand how they thought that it was a good idea to put such a thing in the game when it is targeted towards minors anyway?...

Fri May 20, 2011 1:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I only consider it cheating if you do something like making your start-of-the-game pokes at level 100 and give it high-power moves just to breeze through the game (unless if you are trying to get a certain poke or item).

Also, I say it's cheating by giving the poke illegal stats, levels, abilities, or moves (like the infamous Wondertomb or a level 1 Mewtwo). I also consider it cheating by giving illegal move combos (say, giving an egg move to a poke with an event move). I don't say it's cheating if you give it JUST a event move or a rare move that's only from XD.

By the way, does anyone say hacking my Firered Zapdos with Extrasensory is cheating?

Fri May 20, 2011 1:52 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Shuckle-rock$ wrote:
By the way, does anyone say hacking my Firered Zapdos with Extrasensory is cheating?

I'm not touching that with a 20 foot pole...

I couldn't even answer that if I wanted to as I don't care too much for Zapdos in this day & age...

Fri May 20, 2011 2:17 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Shuckle-rock$ wrote:

No, because having to buy Pokemon XD for a specific move on a specific Pokemon is a ridiculous requirement.

It's pretty much like how I hacked Curse onto my Bibarel in Diamond after Platinum came out and gave it Curse as a tutor move. I'm not buying their $40 rehash of a game that I already own for a few learnset upgrades, SORRY.

Fri May 20, 2011 2:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

oh yes... yes I have hacked the unholy heck out of all of the DS versions of the game. I have been hacking the games since Pokesav came out in beta testing... and I would like to feel I have become quite good at it. I have every .pkm file for the Japanese Events, US, UK, and AU... except for the most recent ones (I stopped getting/making them after the HG/SS event Mew) I have all of the Hex values for HGSS to be entered to trade back to DPP. Hex values for starter pokemon, BW made it a bit harder to hack, especially the events. I just have to take more time doing them. However any of the non event pokemon I have made can pass legality checks with np. However I have stopped, playing people on here like Mason has made me reconsider my views. If he has a job, goes to school, and can still breed legit pokemon for competitions then I think I can too.

However, if you have any questions about event SID's and hacking to make pokemon look legit feel free to drop me a message.

Fri May 20, 2011 5:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

hacking is enjoyed by me but i only use it so i don't spend 3 days ev training some crappy pokemon

Fri May 20, 2011 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

4th Gen I used it to an extent, everything I bred was legit. But I AR'd

-Rare candies/PP maxes
-Money for vitamins
-TMs and a Move modifier
-IVs on a few legendary pokes
-DW abilities on a few pokes for breed bases which were moved to b/w

Since I need to upgrade my AR to use it on BW (And I lack the cable to do so) I've been clean this gen. PP, TMs, and money have been in fine supply, but I'll probably buy a new AR when Gray comes out.

Sat May 21, 2011 12:16 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I regularly hack my Diamond. Mostly I used it to get my Arceus, Darkrai, and Shaymin, then I used it to get money to buy all the crap needed to EV train easily. I also found a code that lets you always find shinies when chaining (like, a chain of 1 gives you 4 shiny patches), and I used it a couple of times, only to find that it was no longer as fun as stumbling upon them. So, that's done and over with.

But honestly, I don't really think anyone's going to care if you hack 31 IVs or your EVs on there; it saves a ton of time and effort.

Sat May 21, 2011 8:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I once used my sister's GameShark to complete my Diamond National Dex, and I later used some of the Pokémon on future teams.

Wed May 25, 2011 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I always play the game hack free the first few times just to get a feel for the starters and some free range capturing. Since I really don't play competitively, I'll start a game off with a few unobtainables (no EV's, randomly placed IV's and an egg-move [as I would be breeding it otherwise anyway]) But my main goal currently is to have raised every pokemon of each generation. This just happens to be the easiest way to finish up my list.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:26 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

nope dont need to there alot of dev ways of doing stuff i hve fun 7 in pokemon white

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:26 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i purposly bought black just so i could hack it. i had a larvesta before i even walked al the way through route 1 :lol:

NOW ENTER... mudkips shop of mudkipness... kidding i dont has a shop but i can do sprite combos and recolors (see mah sprite for combo refrence) just pm me

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:18 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hacks ruin the game. no matter how good or bad they are.

the only hack or cheat is the ones you really need such as EV training while you dont have time to EV train. and still, i prefer the hard and enjoyable way!

Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, I haven't hacked the games as I haven't the faintest clue how to do so. What is "AR"?

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

AR stands for ActionReplay. It's a device that allows you to manipulate hexadecimal values (I think) to hack the game. You can use it in conjunction with programs like Pokesav to create Pokemon with perfect IVs, with all the EVs, moves, nature, ability, etc., that you could want. Or to get event items that haven't been released yet, or never were released (such as the Azure flute for DPPt).

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
AR stands for ActionReplay. It's a device that allows you to manipulate hexadecimal values (I think) to hack the game. You can use it in conjunction with programs like Pokesav to create Pokemon with perfect IVs, with all the EVs, moves, nature, ability, etc., that you could want. Or to get event items that haven't been released yet, or never were released (such as the Azure flute for DPPt).

Thanks Rex! I do appreciate the explanation. It does help me to understand this all better.

I personally probably won't bother with this right now. I'm enjoying the game for the game play and catching what I can. I actually do enjoy the leveling up and beating the heck out of the NPC's in the game (Non-Player Characters). Though, I might change my mind later on so I can complete a 'dex one of these days ...

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:35 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yeah, I use it to catch Event legendaries, get loads of items and walk thru walls. I used to just rare candy my Pokemon up to level 100, but in my Diamond, I give 5 Rare Candies to each of my main Team (NOT HACKED) for completing a gym/catching Dialga. My main team is level 65, with the exception of my Empoleon, who's level 70 (I keep him up higher because he's my starter) I completely disagree with Bishr10b, it doesn't ruin the game, it enhances the experience, and makes it easier if you wanna try the nuzlocke challenge, or just have a luagh or show off with mates. I still remember the first time I showed off my AR Pokemon to my friends...

THELEGENDARY123: Proud Founder and Owner of the TL channel: Commited to bringing you the BEST pokemon banter of All time. PM thelegendary123 for availible positions!

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next