It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Moveset help 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I was gonna use an old thread that I made for help with on of my pokes, but somethong went wonky with it.

Anyways, instead of me making a bunch of differnt thread for help with my poke's, im just gonna make one thread for all my movset help questons. Also any one is free to post there movset questions here as well.

Gliscor/Jolly nature
Ability-Pison heal
Item- Toxic orb
6hp/252 att/252speed

EQ
Protect/aerial ace/arobatics
Fling/stone edge
Fire Fang / sword dance/u turn

IM wanting to make a sweeper with Gliscor and so Far Ive only settled on EQ as a move(also for stab). Ive looked at other pokemon who reqire a status for ther abilty to acivate and a lot of them seemed to have a defensive movee so that the status would get inflicted (hence why I thoguht of Protect, which would aslo give a turn to heal if nessacry). Aerial Ace would be a STAB, but Arobatics would also be viable if used in conjunction with Fling, but Fling would only be good once. Stone edge would be for power and take care of Ice types and other flying types, but it has low acc. Fire fang Would aslo be good to cover its ice weakness, but again it isnt definant to hit, but it can burn/Flinch. Sword dance would up its attack to ensure a sweep (im thinking that having protect and sword dance both being on is a bad idea). U Turn would let me run if I come up against somwthing Glisgor cant take down .

Sun May 01, 2011 2:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Gliscor most effective Sweeping set is most probably

Swords Dance
Earthquake
Facade (140 Base with Poison Heal working)
Protect

Obviously Gliscor has some things that stop it from sweeping well, mainly the Base 95 Atk and Spe which isn't exactly brilliant, but use able. EV's wise, your probably better off making him as Bulky as possible (Lots of HP EV's, toss afew in Def) whilst running a Jolly Nature and keeping as many Speed EV's as you feel comfortable with. Don't worry to much about Atk EV's because with one Swords Dance it'll shoot up to be anywhere between 390 - 452 depending on your IV. And you should quite often have a chance to do a second SD aswell.

Facade can be switched out if you want better coverage, but that's his strongest available move for the 3rd slot.

Mon May 02, 2011 12:03 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Forgot about Facade, yeah that could work. The problem is im gonnabe limited to 2 moves, and im not t okean on having another limited move pokemon (My first is a skamory wall, which tends to take out the opponets entire team, after 5 min..). So im kinda looking at a more Diverse set for my Gliscor. And I like your idea to put some more IVS in Hp and Def, A bulky sweeper may be just what I need . Thanks Mutant Mewtwo.

Mon May 02, 2011 5:37 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

No problem GofD. Obviously protect is up there to make you as Bulky as possible, if your looking for a more diverse sweeper then it can be dropped, it's just not recommended. :lol:

Other options for the last slot (and there are alot of them) are...

Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Poison Jab, Fling (Not entirely sure on this, but once you've got your Posion Heal going, you should still have the Toxic Orb. Fling is then Base Power 30 and a Free Toxic which is always nice), Aerial Ace, Acrobatics (Nice used in conjunction with Fling obviously), Night Slash, U-Turn, X-Scissor, Stone Edge and Brick Break.

Obviously, the last one just depends on what sort of coverage you need on your team. But they are all usable. Night Slash would be my pick so that you hit everything excluding Skarmory for Neutral damage.

Mon May 02, 2011 10:19 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Here is what I would do if I were trying to get a Poison Heal Gliscor.

Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Adamant/Jolly
Ability-Poison Heal
EVs-252 Attack/ (I would split the remaining EVs between Speed an HP)

Fling
Acrobatics
Earthquake
Stone Edge/U-Turn/Facade

Once you got your Poison going on you Fling your Toxic Orb at your opponent giving one of their Pokemon your same Toxic condition, and then you have an incredibly powerful Acrobatics. The classic Ground Rock combination provides excellent coverage, and you would get that if you were to run Stone Edge in tandem with Earthquake. U-Turn is always a viable option just as it provides excellent scouting. Facade would work just because a base 140 attack with no drawbacks is always welcome on any set.

Mon May 02, 2011 3:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

shinashu taji wrote:
Here is what I would do if I were trying to get a Poison Heal Gliscor.

Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Adamant/Jolly
Ability-Poison Heal
EVs-252 Attack/ (I would split the remaining EVs between Speed an HP)

Fling
Acrobatics
Earthquake
Stone Edge/U-Turn/Facade

Once you got your Poison going on you Fling your Toxic Orb at your opponent giving one of their Pokemon your same Toxic condition, and then you have an incredibly powerful Acrobatics. The classic Ground Rock combination provides excellent coverage, and you would get that if you were to run Stone Edge in tandem with Earthquake. U-Turn is always a viable option just as it provides excellent scouting. Facade would work just because a base 140 attack with no drawbacks is always welcome on any set.

I never quite got the heavy Fling/Acro usage over SD/Aerial Ace, Fling does give a one-shot toxic and basically a +2 boost to acrobatics which does remain after switching, but SD can boost EQ/Edge as well and can stack higher.

56HP and 200Speed gives you a "Magic Number" for poison heal and enough speed with a +nature to outspeed +85's and neutral 100s

Set I've been using:
Jolly
252Atk 4Def 252Spd
-Protect
-Swords Dance
-EQ
-Rock Slide

Kinda plain but effective, only odd thing is using rock slide for the flinch rate to get extra healing.

Mon May 02, 2011 5:55 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I think Im gonna chek my Gligar's Ivs before a final decison is made, Just so I dont ent up with another Drapion ( that is a sweeper with 5 stats all below 10IV's...).

Edit-> After checking its Iv's Iahve decided that the 2 moves that will DEFIANTLy be on my Gliscor will be EQ and Sword Dance ( I dont know HOW I did it But I managed to pull of an Iv of 30-31 in the attack stat). So now I know it will most defiantly be a very effective sweeper. Again thanks for all your help with this guys. I will now go and rack my brain over the last two slots. And ill be posting another poke soone for help once my Glisor is finilized.

Tue May 03, 2011 5:34 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Just for the record, Acrobatics becomes more powerful than boosted facade after flinging your Toxic Orb. I normally use about the same Gliscor set as shina, except I use Taunt instead of Protect, and I give it a lot of speed ev's.

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Wed May 11, 2011 12:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Fully aware Blastiose.

But, as a Sweeper. Gliscor is pretty much useless without Swords Dance as his attack leaves much to be desired. So Fling/Acrobatics is ridiculously uncommon and hardly worth considering when you take into account he needs a set-up, not he prefers a set-up. Thats also what Taunt/Protect is for. Let's you shut someone down so you can get yourself up, or let's you stall for Poison Heal re-gen.

Thu May 12, 2011 9:30 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

HEllo again everyone. As I said in my first post, Im gonna use this thread for all my help with movsets. Im right now working on another Special Sweeper. Yes theres proably beter ones than the two I have listed, but Id like to use diffeent ones tha nall the others. The EV distibution will be 6Hp/252 Att/ 242 Speed for both. I would like to make one of the two listed, so please if you think onw ould be better than the other let me know. Thank you in advanced.

Seaking
Timid Nature
Lightining Rod
Item Absorb bulb/???

Surf
Ice Beam
Scald
???

OK, so Lightining Rod means that seaking getsa Sp.Att boost from electric attacks AND gains an immunity from Electric types. Now I know Seaking doest have that great of a Special movepool, but I think I think I Can make something work. Surf is for STAB, Scald is also for Stab and for the burn chance. Ice beam is for Grass types. AS of right now im ta a loss for a fourth move and dont really have an idea what to put there. Absorb bulb could be used for even more Sp.Att boost, but another item could be a better bet. (Im thinking Seaking would be best on a double team where its partner could Spam discharge doing damage and given seaking that Sp.ATT boost.)

Drifblim
Timid Nature
Falre Boost
Flame Orb

Shadow BAll
Pshychic
Rest/Substitute/thunderbolt/Hex
Thunderbolt/will-o-wisp/thunderwave/toxic

First off I tired for a modest nature to get the max SP.Att, but after 24 Hours of Soft Resetting in the entralink, I decided to cut my losses and take a Timid nature. Flare Boost gives me a 50% boost to Sp.Att when burned (hence the Flame Orb) Shadow Ball is for stab, and psychic is for another strong Special move. I think Thunderbolt may be good on This set. Rest/Subsitute may not be a good idea because rest would eliminate Flare boost effects, and sub needs a good amount of HP (BEing Burned measn I lose Hp a lot). Driblim does learn 3 status inflicting moves, which means Hex would be an exellenct move on the set.

Mon May 16, 2011 6:57 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Right...Seaking. Got to admit, this guy isn't exactly my cup off tea. The best I can suggest would be...

Seaking @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Lighting Rod
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Signal Beam
- HP Grass

Bring him in on expected Electric Attacks and then attempt a Sweep with Max Speed and Scarf.

If you can't breed for HP Grass or a reliable power output switch the Choice Scarf to Leftovers, Aqua Ring in for HP, Run Modest, and split the Speed Ev's between HP and SpD.

Drifblim though, I did use a fair bit back in Gen.4. I never battled competitively with it but I like my In-Game teams to be pretty much Pristine aswell. My preferred set-up was...

Drifblim @ Petaya Berry
Timid Nature
Unburden
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Shadow ball
- Thunder Bolt
- HP Fighting

Sub down to 25% to get a SpA and Spe boost then attempt a Sweep. Shadow Ball and HP Fighting for near perfect coverage, Thunder Bolt for those Bulky Waters. If breeding for Hp is again an issue, there are afew coverage options like Psychic, or you may want to run Thunder Wave/Toxic for those Pokemon that don't break your subs but you can't really touch either (Snorlax springs to mind)

Recommendations wise, I wouldn't recommend either of them. But, unless you have a severe Electric weakness is the team already, Drifblim will certainly prove the better sweeper.

Mon May 16, 2011 2:01 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I wouldn't bother with special Seaking, 65base is too weak even with a boost. Use Swift swim w/ Rain dance/waterfall/return/Megahorn or Lightning rod+Agility behind Drizzle.

Wouldn't bother with Flare boost Drifblim either, Unburden+Sitrus berry w/Calm mind would set up to sweep better.

Pinch berries to my knowledge aren't available in B/W yet. I tried stealing the Petayas from the GAME FREAK guy, but they weren't on my pokes afterwards.

Mon May 16, 2011 2:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Keep forgetting about there being no Pinch Berries yet. My bad, Unburden Sitrus and Calm mind is the better option on that set then.

Mon May 16, 2011 2:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hmmmm, I see. Seaking as as special sweepr not he greatest idea (well I wasted a week of breeding). As for Drifblim, I kinda want to make something different, but if does go wrong I do havea spare Drifloon with unburned( female I think, so I can do breeding). As for HP, I dont us it alot cause I have a hard enough time gettin the right nature and movesets.

Anywasy thanks for the advice.

Mon May 16, 2011 4:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The main issue I see with the Flare Boost / Flame Orb Drifblim is just that the only thing that makes Drifblim anything near bulky without Calm Mind is his HP. 150 / 44 / 54 respectively. So I'm not sure it's really worth the health lose each turn, and there is no point in running rest on the set because you won't have chance to wake up.

Going the standard way, 1 Calm Mind and you get your 50% SpA boost, but you also get a 50% SpD boost. Giving you more bulk, and a chance to boost more.

Tue May 17, 2011 12:48 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So my breeding of marill with focus punch has ahit a slight roadblock, marill cant be bred with focus punch in B/W. So my first idea for a sap sipping azumarill has hit rock bottom. So Now im looking at this. . .

Azumarill w Sap Sipper

Adamant/ Jolly natured

252hp/252 att/ 6 speed OR 6hp/252 att/252 speed

Subsitute/grass knot/bulldoze
waterfall
Toxic/brickbreak/grass knot
Bulldoze/giga impact/aqua ring

And theres my problem. I pretty well know that waterfall is gonna be on there no matter what. It just depends on the rest of the moves. Sub/toxic/AR would be on all together to cause a bit of annoyance while I spam Waterfall. The rest would be for a more physicla Azmarill. If I do got he mroe physical route, bulldoze will be on there to combat electric types, and grass knot for other water types. The brick break for screen breaker or GI for power. (I could also put Sub with GI to prebent damage during uncontolable phase). Adamant nature would be for \more power while Jolly would give Azumarill a tad bit more speed.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:33 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm going to be flat out honest here and say in my personal opinion, Azumarill without Huge Power is absolutely useless. It's been blessed with one of the best Abilities in the game why not use it?

Without Huge Power your running off of 50 Base Att and Sp.Att, which is a pitiful amount for any pokemon looking to deal serious damage. And even if you were looking for a Toxic-Stall variant, 100 - 80 - 80 defences still isn't exactly brilliant.

Personally feel there is only one usable Azumarill set which is...

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Huge Power
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Brick Break/Super Power
- Return

Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:32 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mutant_Mewtwo wrote:
Personally feel there is only one usable Azumarill set which is...

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
252HP 252Atk
Huge Power
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Super Power/Ice punch
- Body slam

Fixed :p

If you get a Dewgong w/ Body Slam from 3rd gen you can breed it with both Aqua jet and Body slam.

EDIT: Fifth gen you can also Use Carracosta to breed Aqua jet/Body slam.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:53 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I prefer the Power Boost > ParaHax of Return if I'm honest considering this is literally a 'hit and run away as fast as possible because it's blatantly obvious your going to be using the same move again next turn' set.

And I've never really found Ice punch to be much kop on this thing either. But thats just my opinion.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:15 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thanks for the help . Ive been lookin ata few movesets for Azumarill and they all seem to have Huge power in common. Guess Im gonna have to go with my gut (and luck) on the sap sipper Azumarill. Im gonna keep the movesets you two suggest in mind, It does look like something i would use.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:36 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mutant_Mewtwo wrote:

And I've never really found Ice punch to be much kop on this thing either. But thats just my opinion.

Superpower is better, but Ice punch is useful against grass/dragon switch-ins. Body slam is also useful in this manner as it threatens counters with paralysis.

In any case, it's screwed by Jellicent.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:05 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

MasonTheChef wrote:
Superpower is better, but Ice punch is useful against grass/dragon switch-ins. Body slam is also useful in this manner as it threatens counters with paralysis.

In any case, it's screwed by Jellicent.

I still prefer Brick Break so I don't get the attack drop if I actually manage to kill something with it.

But let's be honest, with Azumarill, especially if you provide rain support, you jsut spam Aqua Jet and the coverage moves are next to useless. The only one really worth it's salt is Superpower/Brick Break for beating down all those Ferrothorn that think they can stay in and Power Whip the little blue fat thing.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]