It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Any male Gaga fans? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

We're online, so it doesn't matter. But are there any guys out here that listen to Lady Gaga? I do, to an extent. And no, I'm not gay. Believe it or not, it was my gf who got me started with Bad Romance and it just continued from there. Its embarrassing, but ehh, I only listen to her good songs. Songs that I don't like? Pokerface and Alejandro are two.

So, anyone at all? Or am I the only one...?

Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:43 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

There are plenty of male Lady Gaga fans out there. In fact, I would wager that more of her fanbase is male than female, but the males are almost exclusively gay. She's the kind of artist like Madonna who attracts a dedicated gay male fanbase for whatever reason. Not to say she doesn't have straight male fans too but they're not as common. I think Jigglypuff likes some of her songs and he's straight. I'm a fan and I'm bisexual personally.

The biggest compliment that I can give Gaga is that she really understands the music video as a promotional tool, and probably moreso than any other mainstream pop artist out there today. She also has visual flair and a knack for melody, but the lyrics that she touts as deep are quite often garbage. I can look past the words and enjoy her for what she is, though.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:56 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well maybe its because I live in Texas, where if you don't go with the flow, the hicks will immediately label you as gay, then proceed to attack you for it, but down here, there are RARELY Gaga fans.
Frost wrote:
her fanbase is male than female, but the males are almost exclusively gay

Its actually because of this and your quote that I'm sure many guys are afraid to admit that they like her music. And I see your point there, about the music videos. She makes them crazy and insane to not only be entertaining, but attract viewers. To tell you the truth I never realized this before you mentioned it.
Frost wrote:
lyrics that she touts as deep are quite often garbage.

She said they were deep? I always thought she made them "garbage-y" to have flexibility in her wacky music videos.

Idk about your "visual flair comment" but I think her rhythm and melody are the main reasons her music is good.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm a Lady Gaga fan. But not a total fanatic. I just like her music, that's all.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm male and straight. Like some of her songs. It's not my usual type of music choice but i like catchy things, Bad romance...Telephone...Pokerface. I wouldn't say i LOVE her songs but some are good.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:49 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm one of those stereotypical gay male fans.

I really like her lyrics, particularly on the debut, for their shallow, empty-headed streak. I think its quite a nice change from Lily Allen and the likes, trying to shove opinions down our throats. The way she embrasses the pop culture so much is a nice tribute I think. I like her dance/pop sound, that wasn't her invention or anything like some gaga fans tend to believe (I don't know how but they seem convinced Michael Jackson, Kylie and Madonna were copying before GaGa was even born?), but she pulls off pretty well, better than Britney, who may be her closest peer I think.

I also absolutely love her commitment to her fans. The way shes near killing herself for us is both slightly worrying and absolutely flattering :3

And I love her quirkiness. I'm glad shes taking a bit of a break now though, and not releasing anything new until April. The worlds had a bit too much GaGa right now, I think.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm not gonna lie, i like Lady Gaga. I used to find her incredibly annoying, but then again the only song i had heard was Poker Face. Then my sister got me into it. and just recently, my girlfriend had took me with her to the lady gaga concert, and although the dancers scared the hell out of me (my gf got a picture with some asian guy in a banana hammock, fish nets and a bunch of caution tape bunched up on his shoulder... ughh) she was pretty good. and she can put on one hell of a show. and also, if you see some of the things she does, SHE IS HILARIOUS. she is one badass b****. like when people were booing her while she was at a baseball game and she stripped down to her underwear and flipped off everyone and yelled F*** YOU at the cameras XD. gotta love her.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:38 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNd95sSm8WM[/url

Scorpions 4 ever!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

:D :D

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:02 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I wouldn't call myself a Lady Gaga fan by any means, but Bad Romance is a good song. Lady Gaga is currently the pop star of the planet, meaning she will be gone in five years...unless she manages to keep on turning out songs as successful and smart as Bad Romance. Then things could get interesting.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, I don't like the vast majority of her songs, but I like Money Honey. My friends all told me "DON'T BUY LADY GAGA YOU WEIRD FREAK" but then I let them listen to that song, and we learnt an important lesson: even Lady Gaga can have good songs. But otherwise, I don't like Lady Gaga.

Her commitment to her fans is pretty entertaining, though. Just recently she leaped into a crowd of fans wearing scraps of clothing that barely covered what she needs to cover. And I like the way that she just stands up to music and says that she's gonna revolutionize it. She's not doing a good job of it, but having that confidence is pretty inspiring.

As I'm writing this song, my iPod's on shuffle, and the last five songs I heard were:

Omen - The Prodigy
The Other Side - Pendulum
Lose Yourself - Eminem
Bad Romance - Lady GaGa
Crush - Pendulum

The contrast between the good songs and Bad Romance is ridiculous.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:22 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

well I'm a bisexual male and I think Lady Gaga is a pretty crap singer. although I do have to give her credit for capturing the zeitgeist.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:42 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Slim Shady wrote:
As I'm writing this song, my iPod's on shuffle, and the last five songs I heard were:

Omen - The Prodigy
The Other Side - Pendulum
Lose Yourself - Eminem
Bad Romance - Lady GaGa
Crush - Pendulum

The contrast between the good songs and Bad Romance is ridiculous.

So true. (And yes! I can read your tiny text! I see through your tom-foolery!)

Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:13 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I <3 lady gaga, I don't get the "little monsters" thing though.
still she's cool, I like "poke face" and "paparazzi" <-- acoustic version is awesomeness.

but yeah lol, i'm festive :)

Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

VanirElf wrote:
I <3 lady gaga, I don't get the "little monsters" thing though.

The Little Monsters thing is to honor her fanbase from her album, the Fame Monster, and one of her tours, The Monster Ball Tour, if I am not mistaken. At any rate I am a huge Lady GaGa fan and love all her songs that she has done thus far. I to am bisexual like some other GaGa fans.

The thing I love about GaGa more than her music is her style. She is just outlandish, just for the sake of being outlandish. I just love that and she shows that in her music videos. Especially in her Alejandro video I want her aviator goggles.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:03 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

She's pretty good, and as a fan of music and not any particular genre that is impossible to ignore. If she were to drop the stage attire and admit that there is nothing short of performing completely nude that Elton John and Madonna haven't already done, then she might have a chance at being one of my favorite music acts.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:09 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm one of those stereotypical gay male fans
---
SAME
I like her mainly because she's different from everyone else. You can't deny that. I like; Poker Face, Bad Romance, Just Dance, Alejandro, Love Game, Paper Gangsta, Eh Eh (sorta), Monster, Teeth and probably more.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

To be honest I think she's pretty crap but does have some rather good (Mainly on The Fame Monster)
Teeth, So Happy I Could Die and Speechless are all great songs.

I don't much like The Fame but Summerboy always makes me smile and Brown Eyes is just wonderful, one of my favourite songs.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:50 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I love Lady GaGa! Most people I know don't, so it's very depressing :cry: ! My Fav is Speechless.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:45 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

lady gaga is one of the worst artists ever and don't you forget it

Sat May 07, 2011 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

It's easy to forget something that isn't true! ;o

~ IMPROMPTU GAGA SINGLE RANKING ~
Top tier: Paparazzi, Bad Romance
Upper tier: Just Dance, Telephone, Judas
Mid tier: Poker Face
Lower Tier: Born This Way
Bottom Tier: Alejandro

If we're talking international singles, stick "Dance in the Dark" as upper, "Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)" as mid, and "Lovegame" as lower.

Sat May 07, 2011 6:02 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

fifaking wrote:

I personally don't technically "like" her music but it is catchy and definitely much much worse artists than Lady Gaga believe me I have heard many many worse singers.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Sat May 07, 2011 7:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wailord_2 wrote:
fifaking wrote:

I personally don't technically "like" her music but it is catchy and definitely much much worse artists than Lady Gaga believe me I have heard many many worse singers.

she may be catchy to a hell of a lot of people. but if you like metal like me, you can see why i feel she is ONE of the worst artists

Sun May 08, 2011 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

I like Gaga and metal too so I disagree?

Sun May 08, 2011 1:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

that's kind of a weird music combonation

Sun May 08, 2011 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Shes not bad but I think she is to sexual with her music :mrgreen:

Mon May 09, 2011 8:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next