It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Dream world Hits the USA 
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Yeah, you can actually for some reason no matter how hard you try put only 2 pokemon to sleep in a 24 hour period or in other words during 1 Dream World session, you can however because of this only bring back 2 pokemon 1 at a time per Dream World session if you even choose to do so, Ace I believe was the 1 to mention only being able to put 2 pokemon to sleep successfully before being unable to do that anymore that day & the other thing I discovered...

As for the DW starter things, probably going to have them either with the rarest of pokemon you get without promotion or have them be a part of some promotion where they have you only able to pick 1 of the 3 which would blow if they ever even conjoured the thought of such a tradegy...

As for Windswept Sky, it does have some better ability placement like Rain Dish Wingull, Reckless(?) Staravia, Prankster Murkrow, Magic Bounce Natu & of course Infiltrator Zubat & it in general is just a nesting ground for Flying Type pokemon including some you have already met in Pleasant Forest & lastly, the items are in no way even there, I have been there about 4 to 5 times & have come out with nothing but berries each time, it's ridiculous if you ask me but whatever...

Oh & Sparkling Sea is unlocked at 5000 Dream Points which means you better get used to just having the other 2 areas cause that will be the case for awhile, I am almost at 3000 points which means this is a long shot at the moment to unlock so oh well there...

Look what we get...
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/M ... side_Japan

VS what the Japan gets...
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/P ... _promotion

Yep, that's how the cookie crumbles...& as for those icons that appear above your pokemon's head, here is what they mean, kind of...

Ellipsis (...) 0-90 Points
Smile (^_^) 100-290 Points
Music Note (♪) 300-490 Points
Heart (♥) 500+ Points (+ your pokemon gains a LV)

I usually end my sessions at the 300-490 Point range but have gotten to 500 Points 1 time with Reshiram, now I am going to go check to see how long it is before I can venture in the DW again, bye...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GofD wrote:
I did end up getting 5 windswept skys in a row BUT THERE WASNT ANYTHIGN THERE?? Not even a single item or poke...

This happens to me after I go through the Dream Island around six or seven times. Usually by then you're at three pages of befriended Pokemon for that hour at the dream tree.

Dangertrout wrote:
Question about DW starters: Is there any chance of seeing them in the first route?

There's none available yet. Not outside of Japan, at least.

Dangertrout wrote:
(A couple weeks ago I remember reading somewhere that breeding Speed Boost Torchics was impossible without hacking)

This is because Dream World Torchic were released as a promotion in Japan, but only male Speed Boost Torchic were released. This means you can't breed it, and there's no egg moves available to it (no Baton Pass.)

GofD wrote:
The startes are probably unlockable with 7500 or 10000 points, Since they are probably considereed a little "rare". I myslef have yet to run into any starters.

Not available yet. Promotions in Japan only.

Lawence Codye wrote:
Yeah, you can actually for some reason no matter how hard you try put only 2 pokemon to sleep in a 24 hour period or in other words during 1 Dream World session, you can however because of this only bring back 2 pokemon 1 at a time per Dream World session if you even choose to do so, Ace I believe was the 1 to mention only being able to put 2 pokemon to sleep successfully before being unable to do that anymore that day & the other thing I discovered...

It was because I didn't go on the Dream World for one day, but on that day I put my Pokemon to sleep. I went on the Dream World the next day with the Pokemon from yesterday, then woke it up and put it back to sleep again for another use of the Dream World (putting it back to sleep the second time is using up my Game Sync for the day).

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:20 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ace wrote:
It was because I didn't go on the Dream World for one day, but on that day I put my Pokemon to sleep. I went on the Dream World the next day with the Pokemon from yesterday, then woke it up and put it back to sleep again for another use of the Dream World (putting it back to sleep the second time is using up my Game Sync for the day).

Oh alright then, I see...

Also, I obtained Regenerator Tangela after seeing it for about 4 different visits to the Dream World...

I was of course once again stopped in the middle of my journey through the Island of Dreams & this time I almost made it to the Tree...

I am also planning to just grow the berries needed to get 1 of the alternate homes that is available using the Dream Catalog, over 100 berries for each to go...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

bah! everyone's berries were already watered. and apparently i was one watering away from a new row for my garden >.< I picked Magnet Rise Shinx today (with Guts i think), cause it sounded neat. I haven't really looked at battling in 5th gen yet, so not sure how useful it actually is.
Just curious, who does everyone have tucked in? I keep seeing Victini as the most tucked in pokemon in USA and Japan when i'm on the GL main page. My Panpour feels so alone in the DW....

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:55 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I tend to tuck in my lvl 100 Dialga. Yeah thats right Im going against the trend here in Canada.

Anyways IM about to log on to dreamworld again here in a sec. After today's play through, IM thinkg one more visit and sparkaling sea will be unlocked for me...

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:20 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hurrah! my Simipour leveled up from DW stuff ^_^ Anyways, I haven't picked up my DW pokes from the entralink yet, and was wondering if they can be SR'd for natures / IVs, etc...

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dangertrout wrote:
Hurrah! my Simipour leveled up from DW stuff ^_^ Anyways, I haven't picked up my DW pokes from the entralink yet, and was wondering if they can be SR'd for natures / IVs, etc...

You can soft-reset them. There is also a possibility of DW ability inheritance if the Pokemon being bred is female and the other is not Ditto. The DW Pokemon can also be RNG'd in the Entree Forest, but it has to done with C-Gear RNG (uses delay, so it's more difficult than standard seeds).

Sun May 01, 2011 1:29 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dang, miscalculated. Im gonna need todays runthrough and a bit of tomorrows to get to 5000 points...

And to add on to what Ace said, yeah you can breed DW pokes for there ability, but id sugggest breeding one that has 2 none Dw abilitys. Why you may ask? MATH!

There is a 40% chance to pass DW ablities right? Which means that theres a 60% chance to get the none DW ablitiy.

HOWEVER, if the pokemon has 2 none dream world ablities, it has a 50% chance of getting either one of those ablities. That translates in to a 30% chance of an offspring getting ONE of the two NONE DW ablities ( when you factor in the DW percentage).

TO SUMMERIZE:

A pokemon with 1 none DW ability and 1 DW Ability

None DW ability-> 60% chance
DW ability-> 40% chance

A pokemon with 2 none DW abilities and 1 DW ability

None DW ability #1-> 30% chance
None DW ability#2-> 30% chance
DW ability 40% chance

Hopefully that makes sense...

Sun May 01, 2011 5:19 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Just to point out, as you do seem to be making something out of nothing there, if your Breeding for a Dream World ability, there is a 40% chance it will be passed down.

If the pokemon has two Non- Dream World abilities or not makes no difference, as you still have a 40% chance regardless.

Sun May 01, 2011 6:19 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mutant_Mewtwo wrote:
Just to point out, as you do seem to be making something out of nothing there, if your Breeding for a Dream World ability, there is a 40% chance it will be passed down.

If the pokemon has two Non- Dream World abilities or not makes no difference, as you still have a 40% chance regardless.

Yes I know. I was just tryin to explain something. Sorry if It read like I was flipping out.

Sun May 01, 2011 6:36 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Heh, took a minute to read that correctly, but now it makes sense :P I was asking about SRing, because 95% of my pokemon are kept in regular pokeballs. I try to put special effort into things I catch in other kinds of pokeballs. Now I just have to finish my current BP in HG, so then I can continue my adventures in White and catch me some fancy 'mons ^_^

Sun May 01, 2011 9:37 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Firstly, it's Spring in Pokemon Black & White Versions as of yesterday, just thought I should let you all know...

Secondly, the pokemon I am sticking to tucking in is my Luxury Ball caught {vulpix} , I will replace her with either a Dream World Vulpix or something else of value when I obtain some such thing...

As I was watching UFC 129 today, I didn't have time to visit the Dream World at a good time so I am either going right now or in the morning...

I am most likely changing my privacy to everyone as well as I want to see other people's cribs...

Sun May 01, 2011 10:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mutant_Mewtwo wrote:

This is correct. When a Pokemon's PID is generated via the Gen 5 PIDRNG (doesn't matter if the seed is C-Gear or Standard), the ability and dream world inheritance are randomized separately. To clarify, first the Ability 0/1 is generated and assigned to the Pokemon with that PID. Next, Dream World inheritance is set as True/False (true only appearing 40% of the time).

Mon May 02, 2011 2:12 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

OK so if my math is right this time, I should be gettin sparkling sea unlocked after a half hour of play today. HOPEFULLY.

Not sure what im gonna find, but im hoping to get another special sweeper , casue ive been gettin a lot of... Denfesive geared pokes.

Mon May 02, 2011 5:29 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I have now set my privacy settings to Everyone & noticed some things, firstly, DW doesn't run efficiently when I have this setting on or it might be that I went to others houses during that hour & that caused it...secondly, DW actually froze on me when I went to my Garden trying to get to the Island of Dreams entrance & I had to go there again in a different browser which thankfully worked but because of the delay in time, I didn't get to see if any of the pokemon I saw were saved as encountered such as the Female Poocheyena, Female Sunkern or the Female Nidoran which I finally was able to encounter at all so that sucks if they didn't register & also, I didn't do anything but log off of my computer after finishing & exiting on the 2nd browser so it might have not saved...

Anywho, I obtained a Tinted Lens Butterfree this time which was a score & I also want to register some of you guys as Dream Pals so if you are up to it, could you tell me your DW nickname so that I can locate you when in the DW next time...

Mine is Kitsunemimi6, & that was my experience today...

Mon May 02, 2011 5:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My DW nickname is 'ace489'. I don't really care if people add me, but if you choose to, I'd rather be PM'd here first.

Tue May 03, 2011 12:22 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

And thats why I have my privacy seeting set to private. DW already runs kinda slow on my CPU, so Setting it to everyone will literal CRIPPLE my CPU. But having it set to private doesnt really bother me, All im using the DW for is pokes and berries.

Anyways, I was able to acess Sparkiling sea yesterday and got a Regenerator Slowpoke, wit ha sassy nature (It ws amale and I did try for a moer offensive nature but after 10 restes I was still gettin a sassy nature. I think the game was rying to tell me something....). NOw I just need another 2500 points to unlock the "rarer" pokes.

AND a quick question is 4 the max # of berry beds you can have?

Tue May 03, 2011 5:41 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Is there a way to even search for specific people in the DW? cause I haven't found a way yet :(

Tue May 03, 2011 8:31 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ace wrote:
My DW nickname is 'ace489'. I don't really care if people add me, but if you choose to, I'd rather be PM'd here first.

Ok, expect a PM at some point then...

GofD wrote:
And thats why I have my privacy seeting set to private. DW already runs kinda slow on my CPU, so Setting it to everyone will literal CRIPPLE my CPU. But having it set to private doesnt really bother me, All im using the DW for is pokes and berries.

Anyways, I was able to acess Sparkiling sea yesterday and got a Regenerator Slowpoke, wit ha sassy nature (It ws amale and I did try for a moer offensive nature but after 10 restes I was still gettin a sassy nature. I think the game was rying to tell me something....). NOw I just need another 2500 points to unlock the "rarer" pokes.

AND a quick question is 4 the max # of berry beds you can have?

It gets you more points if you water others berries as well as if you water your own & I got some very rare berries from some of the yards I pretty much raided, can't wait until maintenance is over, it gives me time to do everything else I need to do before it even ends...

You got Sassy Nature every time?!...Interesting, I won't ask if you still have it set to save when you go to the Entralink as it probably has nothing to do with this, Oh & you all probably know this but you actually unlock rarer pokemon before you get all the areas, I believe it's every so often amount of points you get more pokemon unlocked for every area you currently have...

I am going to say yes cause some of those Gardens I went to had some very rare berries but there was still 4 rows of berry beds, either that or it depends on the type of home you have, I don't know...

Dangertrout wrote:
Is there a way to even search for specific people in the DW? cause I haven't found a way yet :(

No, but you can randomly search their Gardens or simply get that person to give you their DW Nickname & maybe register them that way...

Tue May 03, 2011 1:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dang, I was hopin for some more beds... I might try to get a new island to see if I get any more beds..

And I have noticed a few more pokes poping up, but not the ones I want, namely the vulpix with drought.

Tue May 03, 2011 2:21 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yesterday I obtain a Nidoran(Female) with Hustle which is way better then a male from the Dream World with the ability since she can just then breed Nidoran(Male) as well, by chance...that means that those pokemon did register, now I just hope that I unlock Sparkling Sea at some point by the start of the weekend...

Wed May 04, 2011 12:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Yesterday I obtain a Nidoran(Female) with Hustle which is way better then a male from the Dream World with the ability since she can just then breed Nidoran(Male) as well, by chance...that means that those pokemon did register, now I just hope that I unlock Sparkling Sea at some point by the start of the weekend...

Isn't the Nidoran♀ family unable to breed, for some odd reason?

Wed May 04, 2011 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Gallade Roxas wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:

Nidorina and Nidoqueen can't breed, but the first evolution can =)

Wed May 04, 2011 5:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dangertrout wrote:
Gallade Roxas wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:

Nidorina and Nidoqueen can't breed, but the first evolution can =)

That just makes it even weirder. O_o

Wed May 04, 2011 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Gallade Roxas wrote:
That just makes it even weirder. O_o

I would guess it's because Nidorina & Nidoqueen are genderless & don't count as female pokemon when breeding, but then again, I don't think Nidoran Female technically has a gender as I think the female symbol is apart of it's name as I remember it being the same color as it's name text in the game, hmmm?...

I decided not to visit the DW today as I need to get on at a time where...if I keep getting on at the time it first becomes available everyday until Tuesday, I then don't have to wait for that annoying yet needed maintenance time to expire which would help me alot since at around the time it is over I am usually watching something on TV almost everyday, especially Tuesday & a few other days of the week...

Thu May 05, 2011 12:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next