It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:00 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Aaaaaaaaaaah. 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

._. Walk through I noticed isn't.. quite finished it would appear. I've reached zee end of zee line on it. .-. :frustrated:
Any useful tips? Like.. don't die?

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:45 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Not to be too harsh, but do you really need a walkthrough for a Pokemon game?

The walkthrough will be finished whenever it gets finished, but, in the meantime, you should be able to do everything you need to do on your own. It's not that hard, really, especially B/W, since it might as well have a giant flashing neon sign pointing to the next thing you need to do for all the help it gives you.

And yes, don't die would be a good tip to follow.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The walkthrough will be finished when Frost (He's the one doing the walkthrough, right?) has the time to finish it, he's probably busy with many other features of the site as well as real life, you can't expect to be done right away.

Here's some tips in the meantime, pretty straight forward:
-Go where the NPCs tell you to go.
-Catch wild Pokemon.
-Train your Pokemon.
-Do whatever needs to be done to progress the storyline.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well luckily Frost already walked us through Twist Mountain which, I think, is the most confusing part of the game barring Victory Road and those ruins under the ocean you encounter post-E4.

Tips for the upcoming parts?
Well...

EQUIP YOUR AMULET COIN because the game's shopping mall is on Route 9 and it has some GREAT, but expensive, stuff.

Stock up on Great/Ultra balls, because from here on out it's pretty much nothing but new Pokes on each route, and they're all superb.

Save all of your medicine if at ALL possible, because Victory Road is a giant slap in the face if you're unprepared.
The trainers and wild pokemon (especially Durant) have one goal, and that is to kill you in the face at all costs.
Also, VR requires a lot of backtracking and re-climbing if you want to get all the items (which you should, because they're Very worth the trouble), so either have something fast or something that needs to level in your first slot because it will be entering lots of battles. And I recommend keeping a Poke with you that knows Strength, because even though it's entirely optional there's a helpful shortcut available to you.

I actually think it's good you don't have a guide for this part of the game =) It's the one part that's most enjoyable if you don't know what's coming. Trust me. Don't read any other online guides for Victory Road, you'll feel SO much more accomplished if you make it on your own.

Oh, and you get your chance to catch the game's mascot during the E4 challenge, so be ready for that.

P.S. The Elite 4 has Pokes in the 48-50 range, so if you're not there yet, get there.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:42 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Listen to Spoinkable. I did absolutely everything he said and I swept through absolutely everything in my game like crazy. (Except for a trainer with a Level 34 Maractus outside of Icirrus. That Maractus DESTROYED my entire team. (It didn't help that Flame Burst missed seven times IN A ROW.)) I even smeared Ghetsis all over the wall without losing a single Pokemon.
And no, I didn't sit there and level up my Pokes to Level 100; I just got some mega-strong Pokes.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:54 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I don't use the walk through all the time either, I usually use them if I think I missed something or I want to collect all the items in that area with the dowsing machine. I've been into pokemon since it was released in Canada, and I was in grade six when it was 'hip' to be a pokemon trainer and play the card game, and I'll be having my twentieth birthday in August. :3 The people I mention pokemon to, the ones who know what it is anyway, think their nerds or geeks. Okay... so I don't mind being a geek or a nerd, pokemon is the shyte.

But... what I think, and my mom included, is that they should let you travel from world to world. Jhoto, Kanto, Hooan, etc. Similar to what they did with Gold, Silver and Crystal. But instead of having simply 8 badges, you could have more if you choose. Becoming say.. the world champ instead of just champion in that region.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:35 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 6 posts ]