It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 dragon scale - Seadra to Kingdra 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have completed my hoenn-pokedex in Emerald, EXCEPT! KINGRDA which i need to trade with dragon scale.

is there really no other way than cathching a bagon/horsea with it attached, to get dragon scale? I have tried many times to catch both horsea's and bagons, but no one did have dragon scale attatched :( -.-

which means then i can't get one of the jotho starters -.- so i can clone it and pal park it to Heartgold :(

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:59 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Well, instead of catching a Horsea or a Bagon with hopes of it holding a Dragon Scale, you could try stealing one via Thief or Covet, a much faster process.

Kecleon learns Thief at level 1, so if you still have your Kecleon you could check to see if it knows Thief and, if it does not, just visit the move relearner. Here is a list of all the Pokemon that learn Thief by level up. Covet can be learned by a few more Pokemon and, in particular, Zigzagoon learns it at level 29.

Covet is somewhat of a better option in that it has 40 pp as opposed to Thief's 10 pp.

Just a comment: having caught all of the other Pokemon, I imagine you have done much more tedious things than obtaining a Dragon Scale :/

Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:38 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

If you have access to FireRed/LeafGreen catch a Caterpie, level it up until it's Butterfree, then teach it Thief via TM. You're more likely to find a Bagon with a Dragonscale than not having Compoundeyes as your ability.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Quote:
Just a comment: having caught all of the other Pokemon, I imagine you have done much more tedious things than obtaining a Dragon Scale :/

- Well yeah, but they was faster and easier too ;) When it comes to pokémon I am very "geek" :D

Quote:
If you have access to FireRed/LeafGreen catch a Caterpie, level it up until it's Butterfree, then teach it Thief via TM. You're more likely to find a Bagon with a Dragonscale than not having Compoundeyes as your ability.

- No i do not have access to FR/LG, so I can't get a Butterfree. Since the abilities list are edited, from gen 3 to gen 4 and 5, do you know any Pokemon in gen 3 who got it?

.. If i capture them, into my party is it bigger chances of getting items then?

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

kjalabama wrote:
- No i do not have access to FR/LG, so I can't get a Butterfree. Since the abilities list are edited, from gen 3 to gen 4 and 5, do you know any Pokemon in gen 3 who got it?

Nincada gets Compoundeyes (Ninjask and Shedinja don't). Nincada is the only Pokemon available in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald that has the ability Compoundeyes without trading from FireRed/LeafGreen. It can't get Thief/Covet, but you can switch Pokemon to steal the item.

Catching the Pokemon and taking the item and stealing the item don't make a difference; you still receive the item, but stealing is faster. The only factor that changes the wild item generation is Compoundeyes (increases chance).

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:12 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I am training Nincada with exp.share, and cancels the evolution everytime. To bad it can not hold an everstone too, at the same time .. :/

oh well, then i gotta get someone with thief.

Acutally according to the abilities list dustox can get compouneyes, but i don't know if that count for gen 4 or gen 3 since my dustox don't..

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:01 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Dustox cannot get Compoundeyes in RSE, only BW via Dreamworld.

Thanks for mentioning that Ace, I knew Nincada got compoundeyes and could NOT learn Thief, but I didn't think about getting a Nincada then switching it out for a Pokemon with Thief. I didn't mention Nincada because I figured it was irrelevant.

Honestly it's not that hard to get a Dragonscale, I have loads of them in Emerald by thieving them from Bagon. By the way, Kindgra was the last Pokemon I obtained in the Hoenn Dex too. ;)

I find it strange that you don't have access to FRLG though, how do you plan on evolving Seadra? Trading it to RS? If you used up your Thief TM, you can teach it to one of these Pokemon.

Fun Fact: Only four Pokemon learn Thief naturally, all four of them are Hoenn Pokemon. Wow.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:21 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

yeah, i trade it to my Ruby/Sapphire with my other gameboy :)

Maybe it is not hard, but i takes a long time to get it. Either it takes too long time to find a bagon and when i actually finds it, it don't got dragon scale usually.

weird i have played 200 hours + on emerald and never seen the Mirage Island either :/

EDIT: I have been running around inside Meteor Falls with nincada in first which got Compouneyes, then changing for Dusclops. I'm only meeting solrocks atm and that should be an "infinite sunstone-supply" when im thiefing it, should it not? Then why does none of them carry sunstones?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:12 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

kjalabama wrote:
EDIT: I have been running around inside Meteor Falls with nincada in first which got Compouneyes, then changing for Dusclops. I'm only meeting solrocks atm and that should be an "infinite sunstone-supply" when im thiefing it, should it not? Then why does none of them carry sunstones?

Well, there is only a 5% chance that Solrock will be carrying a Sun Stone and Compoundeyes increases the chances of finding a Pokemon with an item by 50%, making it still only a 7.5% chance of finding a Sun Stone. Note that there is also only a 5% chance of finding a Bagon with a Dragon Scale (or 7.5% with Compound Eyes).

Overall, Bagon should be appearing 25% of the time. Multiply that by a 7.5% chance of carrying a Dragon Scale and you have a 1.875% chance of finding a Bagon with a Dragon Scale, or a chance of about 1 in 50 Pokemon you encounter.

Also, you don't have to be switching in Dusclops everytime, the Compoundeyes effect will still work if Nincada is fainted, as long as it is in the lead position.

Hopefully you are even more of a geek now :p

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:28 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Also you can't find Bagon just anywhere, you have to be behind the waterfall and in that room with a small pond that you can surf on and a strip of land (where TM02 is if you didn't find it already.) That's the only place Bagon appears.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

yeah i knew that, it was there I was looking, I did only meet solrocks and golbats except one bagon. I was running around inside there for a while with Nincadas Compoundeyes in first slot, but no one of them had items with them.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]