It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Shuckle-rock$ fails at making {Gen V pokemon} 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I see that no ones made any {pokemon} emotes for Generation 5, so I'm going to do the world a favor and make them all!
Im just going to take the still sprite of them and reduce it to 32 X 32.

EDIT: I TOOK THEM OFF BECAUSE THEY WERE PRETTY BAD. KEEP READING TO SEE WHAT I MEAN.

Last edited by Shuckle-rock$ on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Good for you!

But if you just reduce the size I don't think it will look very good...

Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yay I am done! I just hope that the mods will use these! Image Image Image

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:02 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Nicely done!

You should PM the mods and let them know!

Props to you. (and psybucks)

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:47 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

thanks!

But who should I PM? Frost or Krisp or who?

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm sorry, but I'm probably gonna come off as a bit mean in this post. I don't really like the majority of these. Small pokemon, such as Victini and Snivy, look pretty good the way you did them; however, big Pokemon, like Kyurem, just look really blurry and not clear at all. This is probably just mainly my opinion, but it really does look like you just shrunk down all the sprites, which (as you proved) takes little time or effort to do.

Feel free to argue/point out inaccuracies with my comments, Shuckle-rock$. But some look pretty alright; just a lot of them don't, in my opinion.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:07 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

I'm gonna have to agree with Rex on this one. Most of the images are blurry, and to be quite frank, it takes almost no effort to do what you did. I spent just a handful of minutes writing a PHP script to manipulate a batch of the larger sprite images, and was able to make this relatively quickly.

In the past, the sprite emoticons have been a compilation of work from multiple people making them by hand, usually for Psybuck rewards (in the case of non-staff entries). If we really decide that we need new emoticons for Gen V, a similar event may take place. Though, for now, the world seems to be surviving without them.

Last edited by Serpentsounds on Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:46 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh well.... Even I think that some of them don't look very good, and I admit I was kind of being cheep there.

So it looks like they won't ever be used, but hey, I was only trying to help Psypoke! :geek: :geek: :geek:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:20 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Yeah, what they said. Some of the ones of smaller Pokemon are problably usable, but the larger mon's need better resolution. Take these for example:

{lugia} {ho-oh}

See how their outlines are clearly visible, and that the colors arn't distorted? If we're going to add Gen V smilies, they should be of comprable quality to the old ones.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]