It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 ATTACKING PROBLEM! 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Okay, so I got Pokemon White just an hour or so ago, and I need to get that freakin' Victini! but the thing is, I've never played any Pokemon game on DS, and I can't get past the first level because it WILL NOT let me attack NO MATTER WHAT. I push the attack I want, and it just shows the stats for that attack. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS.

AND ALSO, PLEASE DON'T JUST SAY "Just Push Fight! And then push the attack you want." BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY I HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:47 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
You need to get out of the pokemon stats screen & on to the battle screen where you see you & your opponent's pokemon on the bottom left & upper right side of the screen respectively first of all, then after that, just click on fight & pick & move, simple as that...

The only reason you would see the stats for the move is that you clicked on pokemon & then picked 1 & then picked summery & then picked check moves & then picked an attack for some reason :roll: ...

If you are having a problem playing a game, for crying out loud, please, please just read the instruction booklet that comes with it in case you haven't done this, alot of people don't for some reason...

I believe there is a place to post questions to avoid topics like this but I won't go any further into that...

:frustrated: Pay more attention to what you are doing cause if you were, this in no way would have happened, it's not too hard to learn, alright?...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
You need to get out of the pokemon stats screen & on to the battle screen where you see you & your opponent's pokemon on the bottom left & upper right side of the screen respectively first of all, then after that, just click on fight & pick & move, simple as that...

The only reason you would see the stats for the move is that you clicked on pokemon & then picked 1 & then picked summery & then picked check moves & then picked an attack for some reason :roll: ...

If you are having a problem playing a game, for crying out loud, please, please just read the instruction booklet that comes with it in case you haven't done this, alot of people don't for some reason...

I believe there is a place to post questions to avoid topics like this but I won't go any further into that...

:frustrated: Pay more attention to what you are doing cause if you were, this in no way would have happened, it's not too hard to learn, alright?...

(Lawence Codye's answer is completely wrong)

-------

The real reason as to why this happens is that you are probably holding L (or your L button is stuck) when you press the attack. Holding L while pressing an attack brings you to the information summary of the attack.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, Lawrence, he DID say he was pushing 'Fight' and everything.

May I say BTW that I had no idea of that thing you can do with the L button. Pretty interesting.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Well okay, didn't actually know about the L button thing...

I seemed like something was being done that was just absolutely confusing & what not that was easily avoidable but that wasn't the case of course I see now :| ...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]