It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Legendary? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

this topic is to debate wheater or not Volcorona is a Legendary pokemon.
so i have one question
Is it technically a legen?

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:29 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I wouldnt say its legendary because:
1. It can breed, and only Manaphy/Phione can breed.
2. It has genders, but some legends have genders also (Heatran, Lati@s)
3. It evolves, and only Zoroark/Zorua evolves, but the pokedex says they are quite common in the wild (but not in the game)
4. You can get it in two locations: one being a Larvesta egg, and another in some pyramid-thing.

Heck, a better question would be: Is Volcorona an UBER?
1. Its Spatk is very high at base 135, its speed and spdef are really good also- around base 100.
2. He has Quiver Dance, which raises its Spatk, Spdef, and Speed by 1: 3 STATS!
3. Hes got Fiery Dance, which is an ever slightly weaker Flamethrower, but 50% of the time raises its SPATK EVEN MORE.
4. He can also do Sunny day and do Morning Sun, along with SOLAR BEAM.
Basicly all he has to do is charge up with Quiver Dance, activate Sunny Day, then destroy with Fiery Dance/Solar Beam.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:03 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Zoraok/zoura arent legens thats a given theyre just speichal

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:36 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Jaypokes wrote:

Okay, then that's also a gimme that Volcarono is not Legendary as well I believe & also, wow special is spelled way wrong, even for speed typing...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Volcarona isn't a Legendary Pokémon. Uber maybe, but not Legendary.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gallade Roxas wrote:

Because a 4x weakness to Stealth Rocks, along with Rock type moves. Weakness to common moves will make it Uber. Volcarona is not legendary it just a special Pokemon, much like Rotom is in Gen IV.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Jaypokes wrote:

Okay, then that's also a gimme that Volcarono is not Legendary as well I believe & also, wow special is spelled way wrong, even for speed typing...

wow i know i have said this a million times but not recently i am a horrible speller my gramer is almost always correct but i cant spell at all im only good with numbers letters can just go cry in the corrner

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:16 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I also want to point out that Volcarona evolves at such a high level, and only the Ubers (Salamence, Dragonite, Tyranitar come to mind) really evolve at that high of a level (55 and up, in Volcarona's case, 63). Quite frankly, I was scared when I saw how many levels it takes to get Volcarona.

But I would have to say all evidence considered, it is not a Legendary. Although it finally introduced a type that should have been around since Hoenn... {volbeat}, anyone?

AEPMT :D ;) :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:17 am
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

AEP: Master Trainer wrote:
I also want to point out that Volcarona evolves at such a high level, and only the Ubers (Salamence, Dragonite, Tyranitar come to mind) really evolve at that high of a level (55 and up, in Volcarona's case, 63). Quite frankly, I was scared when I saw how many levels it takes to get Volcarona.

But I would have to say all evidence considered, it is not a Legendary. Although it finally introduced a type that should have been around since Hoenn... {volbeat}, anyone?

AEPMT :D ;) :mrgreen:

I think {volbeat} should have been bug and electric...

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:17 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Jaypokes wrote:
wow i know i have said this a million times but not recently i am a horrible speller my gramer is almost always correct but i cant spell at all im only good with numbers letters can just go cry in the corrner

I am guessing you are already aware of this by now or always have been aware of this but...I was just pointing it out for entertainment purposes, not checking you on your grammer, besides, I myself find that ignorant under most circumstances anyway, my bad ;) ...
shinashu taji wrote:
Gallade Roxas wrote:

Because a 4x weakness to Stealth Rocks, along with Rock type moves. Weakness to common moves will make it Uber. Volcarona is not legendary it just a special Pokemon, much like Rotom is in Gen IV.

Ho-oh is similar except that it is immune to EQ as oppose to just not weakened by it...

Even that being said, I recently stopped thinking it would ever be an Uber anytime soon :violin: ...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:45 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I don't really know but the gps says to make a illegal u-turn I wonder if it's a bug type
First of all no legendary evolves some can only change form. I'm not sure that's it's uber it depends on which list u go by. I would not think it is legendary though because if u have a pretty good attacker with stone edge it absolutly will go down in one hit.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Jaypokes wrote:
this topic is to debate wheater or not Volcorona is a Legendary pokemon.
so i have one question
Is it technically a legen?

Volcarona is not a legendary as it has the ability to both breed and evolve, and no legendary Pokemon has both of the said characteristics.

Shuckle-rock$ wrote:
Is Volcorona an UBER?

Volcarona may have high sweeping stats, an excellent boosting move and powerful attacks, but this doesn't necessarily mean that the Pokemon is Uber. Volcarona has movepool problems (its usable movepool consists of fire moves, Bug Buzz and Psychic, and Volcarona's unboosted Psychic doesn't even KO the standard 120HP/252Atk/136SpD Conkeldurr while Conkekldurr's Stone Edge easily eliminates Volcarona), and the ubiquity of powerful Rock-type Pokemon (especially Tyranitar and Terrakion) and powerful Pokemon that carry Rock-type moves (such as Garchomp, Landorus and Excadrill), and the Special Defense boost that Rock-types get in Sandstorm provided by Tyranitar (who is extremely common) causes Volcarona even more trouble when attempting to boost and sweep.

This goes under the assumption that Volcarona is allowed the time to set up with Quiver Dance; the omnipresent Stealth Rock hazards already take out 50% of Volcarona's HP, meaning Volcarona can only switch in twice per battle at maximum. Losing 50% of your health straight away is often enough for many opponents to immediately KO Volcarona.
On your note about Sunny Day, is Sunny Day really helpful when it only lasts for five turns (you'll want Leftovers to get more Quiver Dance boosts or Life Orb for more power) ?

Volcarona may have access to healing with Morning Sun, but is this really that useful with the presence of Tyranitar in most battles? Sandstorm significantly reduces the amount of health that Volcarona restores with Morning Sun (only 25%), and Sandstorm removes 6.25% of Volcarona's HP per turn. Is 18.75% recovery really worth a moveslot when you can use something more useful instead (such as a Ground typed Hidden Power to deal with Heatran) ?

AEP: Master Trainer wrote:
I also want to point out that Volcarona evolves at such a high level, and only the Ubers (Salamence, Dragonite, Tyranitar come to mind) really evolve at that high of a level (55 and up, in Volcarona's case, 63).

Salamence, Dragonite and Tyranitar are not 'Uber' in 5th Gen. They are pseudo-legendaries, characterised by their high-leveled three-stage evolutionary line and high base stat totals (this group also includes Metagross, Garchomp and Hydreigon). (also, Larvesta evolves at Level 59, not 63)

(also 600th post yay)

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:16 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yea i kinda thought of its 4X weak to rocks, so that might bring it down to OU or even UU.
But heres a new question: Is HAXORUS Image a psuado-legendary?
1. It has three evolutions
2. It has a gigantic attack of 147!

For some weird reason, everyone goes doddled-eyed over Hydregion and leaves Haxorus to hang and die. Sad?

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:20 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Ugh, so many commonly misused buzzwords in this topic.

An Uber Pokemon is one that is banned from competitive play on Smogon. A Legendary is whatever Pokemon that Nintendo arbitrarily decides is special in some way, which they have not in the case of Volcarona, yet have in the case of Phione. And a Pseudo Legendary is basically the Dragonite counterpart of a region.

To provide examples: Wobbuffet is not Legendary but is Uber, DP Dragonite is Pseudo Legendary but not Uber, DP Garchomp is Psuedo Legendary and Uber, Phione is Legendary but not Uber, DP Manaphy is Legendary and Uber.

The Pseudo-Legendaries all have a base 600 stat total. Meaning Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Salamence, Garchomp and Hydreigon. You might also notice that, except for Metagross, they're all draconic, but that's probably just because all of them are built on Dragonite as a prototype.

Haxorus only has a stat total of 540, and it's pretty mediocre other than that Attack stat. It's basically Garchomp minus nearly unresisted STAB, bulkiness, and the ability to hit with Special moves. Trollfreak hurt it further by giving it only base 97 Speed instead of a few points higher.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

For me Volcanora is just an awsome looking bug type with a Nice type set. Its probably of only two bug types that I actually like ( the other being Scizor). However, it being very weak to stealth rock is a little sad, but i havent run into anyone else using stealth rock in the random match up (yet, keyword YET).

And on a differnt note I dont see any resembalance between Dragonite and Hydregion. Dragonite looks like Dudley the Dragon ( OHHH BOY, How long agao was THAT??). Hydreigon looks more... oh I dont now meanacing, maybe.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:53 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

the reason this thread was started was to prove my friend wrong thank you all for answering no

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:24 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hey, does anyone know how to get Genesect?

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

PokeKirbyMaster wrote:
Hey, does anyone know how to get Genesect?

For now, Genesect is unobtainable without use of cheating or other external devices.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, what he said. Genesect is an event-only Pokémon.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]