It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 The Official Fan Art Contest Thread: Finally Fourteen 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I couldn't really figure out who should have won second place for quality, so I decided to go for the most humorous entry.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:36 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yes I don't care if I got 2nd for humor it was supose to be funny a big legendary in a little shell Plus it was some work I had to resize the shell to fit zekrom It took some not alot but some scratch work which I sux at

Electric Victini

Last edited by Jaypokes on Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ImageImage

Can we have more than one entry?? Especially since it takes soo long for spriters to log back on, make their entries, and post them. But if I had to choose between the two... probably Druddigon/Kurimugan.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wow, I must have ESP, because right after Contest 9 ended I started to take interest in making retypes (though I haven't actually made anything yet) & thought "Mektar should make a retyping contest"
Anyway, reserve a spot for my entry, I'm going to mix & mingle some body parts now...
Edit: @Jaypokes: maybe you need to edit your entry, I can't see your picture...

Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ice Chandelure-Remindes me of Mr. Freeze

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

/vXv\ wrote:
Ice Chandelure-Remindes me of Mr. Freeze

Nicely done.
I'll think about giving you my precious Psybucks...

Can I reserve a spot?
I have to study for a test today, but I'm good all day tomorrow afterwards, so I can make one then.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:50 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ShinyLucario wrote:
Edit: @Jaypokes: maybe you need to edit your entry, I can't see your picture...

im gonna just give me till wenesday hopefully not all the entries will be in by then if it reaches 8 other entries before that ill make a new one

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:13 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I finished mine. This is my first retype. I found it easier than I thought it would be.

Fire Blitzle.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:36 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Fire type Hippowdon will be my entry haven't really done many retypes but I think this turned out allright Considering.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

@DragonDaithi: That's a wonderful retype...but since this contest requires a retyped UNOVA Pokemon so you may need to make a new one.
I'm working on my retype now...just ran into some problems but I think I might put it up anyway...o_O I can't keep my retype from looking like a fusion!

Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:24 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

It apears everyone else has used fire in some way, either changing from, or chaning to, and i shall be no different BEHOLD Volcarous;

Suprised this thing isnt real if i'm honest

Looking for UNHATCHED Manaphy egg. Will trade anything in my trading thread or PM me
FC: 1076 5550 2837

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:32 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

here we go my reentered entry

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:48 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jester wrote:
It apears everyone else has used fire in some way, either changing from, or chaning to, and i shall be no different BEHOLD Volcarous;

Suprised this thing isnt real if i'm honest

I will not use fire!
An electric type Gigalith!

I call him... Gigavolt!

Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:48 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ShinyLucario wrote:
@DragonDaithi: That's a wonderful retype...but since this contest requires a retyped UNOVA Pokemon so you may need to make a new one.

My bad Well I finished on a Unova Pokemon which unfortunately hammythepig already retyped but I hadn't seen it 'till now but there different types so I think it's ok but tell me if it's not.

Anyway here's my entry an Ice type Gigalith, I started off thinking it would be a simple recolor but I ended up having to tweak the shading a good bit to make it look like it was made of ice instead of just light blue version of it.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:45 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
My bad Well I finished on a Unova Pokemon which unfortunately hammythepig already retyped but I hadn't seen it 'till now but there different types so I think it's ok but tell me if it's not.

Anyway here's my entry an Ice type Gigalith, I started off thinking it would be a simple recolor but I ended up having to tweak the shading a good bit to make it look like it was made of ice instead of just light blue version of it.

Lol, I was about to make a Ice type gigalith too, but then I changed it.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:37 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

I'm not much good at this sort of thing, but nothing is stopping me from entering for fun! However, much to everyone's dismay I'm sure, I did choose to use the fire type...
Black horns for a sort of demonic Baphomet effect, I guess.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:46 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Presenting the world's first Grass/Dragon type, Grassigon!

My first time in an art contest. I probably wont win though...

Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Fiiiiiinally, I'm able to work out something: Presenting to you a Rock- (or Ground-?) type Beartic!
Why did it took me so long? Well...I started with a Fire Bisharp, but I dumped it (which is too fusion-looking) upon learning that retypes are based on recoloring and scratching. Then when I'm recoloring Grass Volcarona, the leafy wings were really easy - but the over-colorful body drove me crazy!
Having learned from my 2 failures, I settled on Beartic, a fairly simplistic Pokemon that immediately gave me the idea of turning its icicles into rocks. I still have to scratch some parts, such as removing its fuzzy fur that totally don't fit a Rock-type. The recolor somehow gave it a Ground-type feeling though...
And look! I even made a backstory for this Rocky Beartic:
Backstory wrote:
A curious Beartic somehow found its way to the Desert Resort and was trapped there. When scientists recently discovered it, they were surprised to find out that this Beartic has changed into a Ground/Rock type to adapt its environment.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:19 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Results and the next contest are posted. Both SS and Jester had some epic fire effects deserving of placement. /vXv\'s entry was very original though.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:08 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Congrats to Serpentsounds and Jester!! Lol the fire was really nice on you guys'. I'll edit my post with my entry when it's done.
EDIT: Can we modify the sprite?? Recolors, position, etc.?? I was going to recolor my Poke.
EDIT2: Decided not to do a full recolor, since you said not to go overboard with it.

Hydreigon, use TRI ATTACK!

I recolored the eyes, just to make sure you notice :D

Last edited by rex09 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:40 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Do we have to use Gen V pokes?

Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:21 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

@rex: Sure, stuff like that is OK, just don't go overboard. It would make sense if a Pokemon using Psychic glowed blue and gripped its head, but not if it was doing the same thing while using Razor Leaf.

@hammy: No, any Pokemon is fine.

Mektar out.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:55 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ok, I'll make one 2morrow.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:35 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Vileplume using Solarbeam. Somehow me trying to make my envisioning of a Solarbeam from scratch turned into a glow-in-the-dark cigar. :P It's supposed to give the effect of swirling around though.

Edit: Hadn't considered animation, so if that is fine I'll put one of those up:

Last edited by Serpentsounds on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:15 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Are animations allowed? If so:
Attachment:
Gigalith.gif

This is Gigalith using Stone Edge using its own red rocks.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next