It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 'Evolving' games- good or bad? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wouldnt it be good if video games/devices would stop becoming jazzed-up with apps and features that make it too complicated?

Take the Nintendo DS: when it first came out, all it really had was chat-room, DS slot, and GBA slot. Simple?
Then the DS Lite came and it got a few improvements, like the whole thing being less 'bulkier' and the buttons were in better spots, and adjustable brightness. Still simple?
BUT THEN, the DSi came and it had a BUNCH of stuff in it. Camera, music (I mean REAL music like from your ipod), downloadable games (that were permanent), you name it. But Nintendo left out ONE thing that stoped me from buying it: THEY TOOK OUT THE GBA SLOT!! :evil: Kind of complicated.
Then Nintendo started to get lazy with their ideas, and with the DSi XL, the only real thing was that the DS was bigger. Whoopdie-do. And IT STILL DIDNT HAVE GBA SLOT! :evil:
Now with the 3DS, perhaps the worst 'upgrade' of all, the entire top screen was morphed up and you had to keep your eyes on ONE spot or the screen got blurry. Not so good at all.

So would it be good if they stopped making their games more complicated and more simple and straight-foward so people would still be happy?

Last edited by Shuckle-rock$ on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

First off, the GBa slot had to go simply because it became pretty pointless after the GBA games stopped being produced. And the only people who really needed it are pokemon fans.

Second, companies have to keep uping the ante if they want people too buy there product. Think about, not only does nintendo have to compete with the sony's PSP, but also smartphones, that can do EVERYTHING. So for nintendo to keep up and make a profit they have to add new shiny features to make people go all googly eye and willing to open up their pocket books to their product.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:57 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Of course it wouldn't be good, games just like alot of other forms of entertainment have to keep up with advances in technology, simple as that...

Besides, if they didn't, people would evolve beyond the need to play games which would be a very dark time imo :? ...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I see- its a 'money' and 'boredom' thing. If the games didnt evolve then people would stop buying them.And they would get bored fast. So i guess now that evolving games its a good thing, but I'm just happy with my DS Lite. (And my PS2. Its alot easier to work, but too bad its obsolite now.)

PS: i changed the title name so now its more arguable

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:43 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Yes, I am very, very happy with my limited edition Crimson on Black DSLite & I wish I still had my PS2 as I still find it a brilliant invention...

& Yeah but more so boredom, the newer generation of people these days are more impatient & restless then ever & not too easy to impress when you have the other forms of entertainment smacking them in their face with glamor & awesome features that were without question a result of evolution in the software's or hardware's creation process, I would say more so "innovation" then money but that too I guess as people buying the games or game consoles is pretty much the only way for them to profit as a business from what they make so...

Fun Fact : The change in topic title doesn't pamper my previous post's content in anyway what so ever :lol: ...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]