It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 "Broken" Captures? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

After failing to find any sort of evidence to support my backing online, I decided to join this forum and make this post to see if anyone here has seen or experience this, as I'm starting to doubt myself. And no, this isn't about Critical Captures.

While playing Pokemon Black, I thought I noticed balls acting oddly while trying to capture a Pokemon. The Pokemon would instantly break out before it even budged once. The first time, I swear the ball bounced one extra time and immediately broke open. The second time, it appeared as though the sprite of the Pokemon being captured turned into an inverted black and white sprite instead of the normal solid white when being pulled into the ball.

So I'm wondering, if they created Critical Captures that almost always catch.... is it possible that they created "Broken" Captures that almost always fails instantly? Sort of like getting that 1 in a million badly manufactured item.

So has anyone else noticed a ball acting oddly and popping open instantly?

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

None of that has ever happened to me before. Maybe you just suck at catching Pokemon.
Assuming for the moment that there ARE "broken" captures, that seems pretty interesting. I'd use Master Balls on everything if I were you. And if you can somehow do that, I'll get you a lollipop that says "Cheater" on it.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:34 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Can I have a lollipop too?

I thought I saw something like that too, my pokeball bounced then didn't catch the 1-HP Sleeping lvl 20.
So I think there are broken captures.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:21 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sometimes a lob a ball at a wild 'mon and it shakes before it touches the ground and then instantly captures as soon as it lands. so I've been wondering what this is.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:11 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

luxray64 wrote:
Sometimes a lob a ball at a wild 'mon and it shakes before it touches the ground and then instantly captures as soon as it lands. so I've been wondering what this is.

That's called a Critical Capture, it basically almost always catches, but that's been addressed in another topic already.

As for Mr. Dude, aren't you a real nice one? You must be the forum idiot, no?

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:29 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm not the idiot, I'm the extremely skeptical person that questions everything I haven't personally seen myself. Like I never believed in Critical Captures until I got one myself.
Plus, now I'm a believer. I got what you guys call a "broken" capture not ten minutes ago. A Lv. 2 shiny False-Swiped sleeping Lillipup escaped my Ultra Ball in a similar manner that has been discussed here. I'm very cautious when it comes to rare Pokemon. Don't worry; I caught it with a Great Ball.
And I actually AM giving out lollipops. Here you go:

http://blog.myplainview.com/rosemary/files/2009/07/lollipop-390x600.jpg

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:48 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Mr. Dude wrote:
And I actually AM giving out lollipops. Here you go:

http://blog.myplainview.com/rosemary/files/2009/07/lollipop-390x600.jpg

OMNOMNOM Thank you so much!

Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]