It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 No Shiny Legends. 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So, after about 3 hours of restarting the game in front of Reshiram, I looked online and realized:
Reshiram, Zekrom, and Victini CANNOT BE SHINY! (Also, there names are the same in English and Japanese)
They do have shiny sprites: Image Image Image
But they can never be shiny in game.
If you see one of these shiny, it is haxed.
(Thats too bad, Reshiram with gold rings! and Zekrom looks cool with green thunder)

Comments?

Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, it sucks.

All three of them look awesome in Shiny forms.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:26 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Honestly, it makes me kinda excited; I think that because they bothered to put the sprites in, there'll probably be an event with them as shiny. Or something like that.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

apparently Hacks fail too , apparently using the shiny hack freezes the game

Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:35 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
rex09 wrote:
Honestly, it makes me kinda excited; I think that because they bothered to put the sprites in, there'll probably be an event with them as shiny. Or something like that.

If they do have an Event for these pokemon, they sure better make sure everyone is able to obtain them without too much trouble cause the situation with the Shiny Crown Beast prior to their over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection thing in February was insulting to say the least but whatever, they are getting their...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:30 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lawence Codye wrote:
rex09 wrote:

If they do have an Event for these pokemon, they sure better make sure everyone is able to obtain them without too much trouble cause the situation with the Shiny Crown Beast prior to their over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection thing in February was insulting to say the least but whatever, they are getting there...

I had no issues whatsoever getting the shiny beasts and celebi from Gamestop. It's Wifi that I can't use :( And I don't see how using Gamestop to distribute Pokemon is insulting, to say the least. Either way, there will probably be an event somewhere that will allow us to get them. And if not, oh well. It's not like it's super important to have a shiny version of them anyway.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Actually, it IS possible to get a shiny Reshiram or Zekrom. If your party and all your boxes are full when you first fight your mascot, you can challenge them later in Dragonspiral Tower. There, they can be shiny. Of course this probably won't end up being anybody's case, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:18 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Mr. Dude wrote:
Actually, it IS possible to get a shiny Reshiram or Zekrom. If your party and all your boxes are full when you first fight your mascot, you can challenge them later in Dragonspiral Tower. There, they can be shiny. Of course this probably won't end up being anybody's case, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

Really? How do we know? Have you done this?
That would be epic.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemonds3/show_msgs.php?pid=989552&topic_id=m-1-57304721
http://www.gamesradar.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=87234
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=94255
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/7389/the-shiny-factor-reshiram-and-zekrom
http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Digimaster1/Reshiram/Zekrom%3DShiny_Box%3DFull

Pick one.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You do realize each one of those links is says something slightly different.
1. It hasn't been proven that filling boxes to get it to appear @ Dragon spiral tower removes the shiny check,
2.some think that It keeps the stat/nature and color of when you first met it meaning it can't be shiny like in other games
3. Boxs expand as soon as you put 1 poke in each box so you'd have to fill 24 boxes not just 8 (720 pkmn Total)
4. most likely it will play out like platinum, main pkmn will be kurem and you can catch Zekrom and/or Reshiriam post game with out shiny check

Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yes, but they do all say the same thing. They just argue about the amount of boxes. I completely believe that you'd have to fill all 24 boxes to force Reshiram/Zekrom to go to Dragonspiral Tower. Except for link #4, but that just means that the theory may be proven soon.
[sarcasm] Plus, S-E-R-E-B-I-I said it was true (it was even QUOTED from S-E-R-E-B-I-I, OMG), so it has to be true, right? [/sarcasm]

Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:20 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Shiny Pokemon are stupid, so I don't care about this. I'd probably release a shiny legendary anyway, because most likely it's not legit anyway.

They programmed shiny sprites for these three Pokemon for the same reason Arceus has an ??? type forme: as a placeholder. No, Nintendo probably won't do a shiny legendary event.

p.s. shiny Victini is ugly anyway

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:02 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Krisp wrote:
Shiny Pokemon are stupid, so I don't care about this. I'd probably release a shiny legendary anyway, because most likely it's not legit anyway.

They programmed shiny sprites for these three Pokemon for the same reason Arceus has an ??? type forme: as a placeholder. No, Nintendo probably won't do a shiny legendary event.

I thought of the placeholder explanation; I guess I was thinking, "But if they really just wanted a placeholder, why not just put in an identical sprite?" Especially since the sprites are animated now, which would make recoloring them an annoyance. Either way, it's not particularly important, I guess.

On the other hand, if I encountered a shiny legendary, I'd catch it (unless it was just ugly as hell), but I'm not gonna go looking for them just to have them. Like people who think pink Kyogre is so much better than blue because it's SHINYOMG.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Krisp wrote:

I don't think they will release them either.
And I too hate shiny Victini.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yes shiny zerkom looks awsome. Would I spend 10 hours trying to find one. No, ive got more important things to do, then turing on/off my Ds in those 10 hours.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I would never spend so much time and effort to catch a shiny. If I saw one while just walking around, of course I'd catch it. At the very least, you can trade it on the GTS for something outrageously rare and hard to get. That way, you won't have to do the work to get it.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:50 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

rex09 wrote:
I had no issues whatsoever getting the shiny beasts and celebi from Gamestop. It's Wifi that I can't use :( And I don't see how using Gamestop to distribute Pokemon is insulting, to say the least. Either way, there will probably be an event somewhere that will allow us to get them. And if not, oh well. It's not like it's super important to have a shiny version of them anyway.

Not at all what I meant, I meant that the weather was terrible around that time & yet they still decided at that time to hold a "Store Event" for the Crown Beast, kind of insulting imo...& then they end up being available over NWC they next month? Just wow :violin: ...

I honestly would never waste the time & energy resetting for a Shiny Legendary unless it is RNG related as it is just not worth the hours you put into catching it, just for the color...now I have did this not using RNG for Charmander(starter, LG) & Lapras(LG) but those didn't even take 30 tries & I believe that they both took the same amount of resets which was 27, maybe...

I like how Victini looks Shiny but it is not better then it's Normal Color, Reshiram's Shiny Color is interesting & I like it to say the least but Normal Color Reshiram is okay to say the least & lastly, Zekrom looks way more interesting in it's Shiny Color as the Green works way way better then the Blue to me but as I don't find Zekrom that appealing, I don't really give a hoot...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:36 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mr. Dude wrote:
I would never spend so much time and effort to catch a shiny. If I saw one while just walking around, of course I'd catch it. At the very least, you can trade it on the GTS for something outrageously rare and hard to get. That way, you won't have to do the work to get it.

I think if anyone founda shiny by just walking around, their gonna try and catch it. Heck Ive still got to transfer over 3 shinies from my Platinum game ( not really relevant, but it did remind me that I still need to do that).

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:12 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lawence Codye wrote:
rex09 wrote:

Not at all what I meant, I meant that the weather was terrible around that time & yet they still decided at that time to hold a "Store Event" for the Crown Beast, kind of insulting imo...& then they end up being available over NWC they next month? Just wow :violin: ...

Oh jeez. That was my bad. Sorry for coming off like that.

So, for the record, those three are the only ones not available as shiny?? For instance, I could theoretically have a shiny Kyurem, right? Just out of curiousity.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've only heard about this in relation to Reshiram, Zekrom, and Victini, so I assume so.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Gallade Roxas wrote:
I've only heard about this in relation to Reshiram, Zekrom, and Victini, so I assume so.

Same.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:05 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

To be more clearer with the answer that the previous 2 post gave for no real reason...

Yes, I believe you can, this also goes for ANY other Non-Event Pokemon you can get in the game like Cobalion, Virizion & Terrakion ;) ...

Though as I stated before in a different way, trying to get shiny legendaries is not suited for those with a weak sense of sanity or the impatient in general as well, it can get annoying quite quickly, even for the people it's more suited for...

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:19 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
To be more clearer with the answer that the previous 2 post gave for no real reason...

Yes, I believe you can, this also goes for ANY other Non-Event Pokemon you can get in the game like Cobalion, Virizion & Terrakion ;) ...

Though as I stated before in a different way, trying to get shiny legendaries is not suited for those with a weak sense of sanity or the impatient in general as well, it can get annoying quite quickly, even for the people it's more suited for...

Yes you can get those 3 shiny i have 2 legit terakions

Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]