It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Battle Subway 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The Battle Subway is the Black/White equivalent of the Battle Tower. The Battle Subway runs seven lines (Singles, Super Singles, Doubles, Super Doubles, Multi, Super Multi, Wi-Fi).

So, what kind of teams have you guys been running in the Battle Subway (that is, if you have been playing it at all)?

I've been experimenting with a Dream World Truant Entrainment Durant (it's a 'legal' hack that one of my friends traded to me... well, Dream World Durant is not yet released, but I'm sure it will be). It works very well; use Entrainment to give the opponent Truant, and alternate between Protect and a boosting move (such as Dragon Dance) until you reach +6 in desired stats, and can sweep the opponent. Right now I'm at 56 wins.

I might give doubles a go soon, I've noticed a few interesting supportive moves that Whimsicott has that would be effective in doubles (e.g. Tailwind, Trick Room, Helping Hand, Sunny Day, etc.)

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:00 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

In the single train I use dragonite, salamence, and my lucario with wonderguard (thanks jt) and I have been owning it

multi double and super double is my dragonite and salamence wiith my friends articuno and tyranitar...again we own that place

Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:42 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I have been running in both the SIngles Train and WiFi train my Scarfed Sheer Force Braviary, Life Orb Volcarona, and Jellicent. These are just a few of my favorite Pokemon from Gen V and they have been fairly successful. I just wish Sheer Force boosted Brave Bird and SuperPower.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:50 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ive only gone through a single train at the battle subway once. My druddigion with rough skin and a rocky helmet worked rather well. So did my hitmonchan with the threee elemtntal punches that I transferrd over from platinum also worked rather well, considering thats the first time I used it in that sort of situatuin. Im thinking about using the WiIF train, but it seems im still having a bit of connection problems.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:24 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I have only been through it once & during the time, Mienshao was pretty much doing it's job properly thus it wasn't that big of a problem though the Mienshao I had WAS kind of slow so it would occasionally get outspeed but it wasn't that big of a deal at the first set of matches so...

I might try using Mienshao or some other favorite of mine with 2 other pokemon when I challenge it for real after beating the game this second time...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I've been using a Milotic, Latias and Porygon2 to get through battle tower, only losses so far have been luck hax.

56 wins and counting. Was it just me or were the 40's just legendary poke spam?

Last edited by MasonTheChef on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

While I was continuing my streak from 56, my game just happened to freeze -_-
The biggest problems with this team are from Pokemon with Protect, Detect, Substitute and Fake Out (fake out not so much, but have to wait through a truant turn is annoying and you take damage).

I'm going to try doubles now. I might try using moves like Tailwind with Whimsicott in Doubles.

edit:
@MasonTheChef: If an opposing trainer has one legendary Pokemon, usually all of the trainer's Pokemon are legendary (e.g. my team faced Heatran, Thundurus and Tornadus around 40-something).

Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I have a question about the Battle Subway.

Do the Battle Subway trainers fight with non-Unovan Pokémon after you beat the main story? Or is it always just Unova Pokémon?

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:21 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Gallade Roxas wrote:
I have a question about the Battle Subway.

Do the Battle Subway trainers fight with non-Unovan Pokémon after you beat the main story? Or is it always just Unova Pokémon?

In the Super Subway they fight you with non Unova Pokemon. Not in the normal Subway.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ahh. Thanks for that.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:40 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

So with the new black and white pokemon, there seem to be a lot very slow pokemon. I'm thinking I will use a trick room team wtih Confagrigus and Escavalier. I'm not sure of a 3rd yet though

Battling
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:49 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

jamesjk1234 wrote:
So with the new black and white pokemon, there seem to be a lot very slow pokemon. I'm thinking I will use a trick room team wtih Confagrigus and Escavalier. I'm not sure of a 3rd yet though

I was just finished a team like that. I'll PM me if you want details.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:12 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I don't really know but the gps says to make a illegal u-turn I wonder if it's a bug type
I love the battle subway because it's so different than the other regions battle systems

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I managed to beat the single train with Skarmory, Meinshao, and Zapdos. Took a little while, but went really well after I taught Zapdos Thunderbolt.

Im now working on a team for the Double train. Gonna take awhile since I need a DW Vulpix..

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:27 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Fire, Water, and the third varies between dragon, grass or electric.
.-.
I kinda got bored after a while though.. played through, didn't get much.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've found that lowering your opponent's offensive stats (Charm is very effective) and paralyzing them makes setup-sweeping really easy. Whimsicott in particular is able to use Charm, Flash, Memento, Stun Spore, Taunt (!) and Worry Seed (deals with problem Pokemon like Metagross who can't be Charmed otherwise). Prankster makes it even easier to mess with the opponent. It would be better if Whimsicott was bulkier, but unfortunately it just isn't. From there it's better to switch to a bulky set-up sweeper (Acupressure Drapion and Curse/Amnesia Registeel are probably the best to use because when they're at +6 in their offensive stat and both defensive stat, nothing can take them down save for a Sash/Sturdy+Whirlwind).

For the third Pokemon, a strong, fast setup sweeper (Swords Dance Garchomp for example) works well to cover your weaknesses. Fast sweepers (ones that don't rely on bulk like Drapion/Registeel) have problems in 5th gen though, notably Sturdy and the fact that there's a lot of Focus Sash Pokemon in the Battle Subway. Prankster messes with it a lot if you don't have a Substitute (but you should ALWAYS have Sub on setup sweepers in Battle Subway). And of course you could always be facing an opponent who has an Ice Beam Starmie in second position and a Timid Latios in third.

I'm currently at 77 wins, undefeated. Too lazy to continue right now, although I know this team CAN get to 100 (as long as I don't misplay). Getting Taunted is very annoying, especially because Substitute doesn't stop Taunt. Still, having Acupressure work behind Substitute makes everything SO much easier. Drapion doesn't have to deal with stat-drops while it's boosting (from stuff like Shadow Ball, especially because Gengar's Shadow Ball still deals a lot of damage to a Drapion with no specially defensive boosts).

Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]