Team Aqua 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Team Magma 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Team Galactic 23%  23%  [ 5 ]
Team Plasma 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 22

[POLL] Favorite enemy "Team" 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, since there is now another enemy "Team" to hate and laugh at, I figured it might be interesting to see how many people prefer X team.

My personal favorite remains Team Rocket. They are the only team that was out-right -mean-, they had simple goals and didn't try to hide their evilness behind some cheesy story that made NO SENSE WHATSOEVER, such as every other team since. :P

And they have the best uniforms.

And Jesse and James are my two favorite characters in the show.

Go Rocket.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:31 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

First I don't really think this probably better belongs in the General Pokemon forum... but it'll probably be moved soon.

To answer the question, I was torn between Team Rocket and Team Galactic.

Team Rocket is really good because they're well organized, and just cruel. Mostly in the movies, it really shows how inhumane they are.

But Team Galactic is really sinister, too. Cyrus is mainly who I like, but it's interesting when you see how a lot of the lower people on the team have no idea whats going on, like how Saturn didn't really know what Cyrus' plans were at all. Cyrus really reaches for the stars, literally seeing as he wants to control the galaxy and make it in his way.

Eh, I don't know. If I HAD to choose though, I would probably still say Team Rocket, just because they're the original.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:30 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Personally, I like Team Galactic. Team rocket was well organized, but they totally ignore the legendary pokes. I mean cmon, if you us pokemon For $$$$ wouldn't gettin your hands on a legendary poke like winning the lottery??

Team Aqua/magma never really though ther plan through. Make more land= less water= death. More water= less land= less area to grow crops = death.

Team Galactc Was the most interesting of the groups. Cyrus was rather intersting as wsa the rest of the group being in the dark.

Team PLasma was a good idea but it was exicuted POORLY. It would have been better if they hadnt been so hypocritical. However N was executed VERY well.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:18 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Team Rocket.

And this isn't mere "The originals are the best" nostalgia tarding on my part since Team Rocket as a whole is every bit as lame as Teams Magma, Aqua, Galactic and Plasma. Especially in HGSS, when they introduce an entire set of new Executives with stupid names and designs who worship Giovanni for no explicable reason. Giovanni as a leader is also nothing great either. However, Team Rocket DID give us the characters of Jessie and James in the anime, and they are (read: were, until BW ruined them too) the only saving graces of both Team Rocket and the anime as a whole.

Team Galactic is horrible and I was sure that there could never be a worse villainous Team. I still haven't finished BW but... I honestly still think that's the case. Team Plasma are ruined potential at best, but there was still a desire to do something different with them. Meanwhile, the only thing more Saturday morning cartoonish than Giovanni's desire for money is Cyrus's desire to rule the world, even if its his own world created by Dialga and Palkia. Team Galactic also quote stupid Internet memes, and they have the means to control Pokemon that can destroy the time-space continuum, yet all of their Grunts use awful Pokemon like Wurmple. WURMPLE. God, they suck.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:37 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I just remembered about that guy from Pokemon 4ever who worked for Team Rocket though after reading what Gofd said about legendaries. I mean, that guy was straight up evil. He captured Celebi making it evil and tried to destroy the forest and take over Team Rocket.

Now that I think about it, in the games I never really noticed any significant points in the stories where a team may prove to be better than the others. The anime really defines the teams to me.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:03 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Team Rocket, and like Frost, this is more than mere nostalgia. Team Rocket is the only Team to actually feel like real bad guys, they did horrible things to both people and Pokemon, they lied, cheated, stole, and probably murdered a few blokes a long the way. I think this is because Team Rocket took some inspiration from the Mob, (Giovanni at least has clear Mobster origins) they're an evil gang at its best.

Team Aqua and Magma were both tards, if they had a single person in their gang pass sixth grade science they would know their plans were dumb and would honestly screw the entire planet. Not to mention they were supposed to be rival gangs, but they hardly did anything to mess with each other.

Team Galactic is just stupid... Cyrus was cool in the sense that he wasn't just a mindless bad guy but, in all honesty, he's a clichéd character.

Team Plasma... Oh, were do I start with these punks? I've already expressed my severe disappointment in them in a thread in Unova Region, and that's pretty much exactly how I feel about them.

Overall, Team Rocket is my favorite team because at least they have realistic and not-nearly-as-dumb goals as the rest of the teams.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:22 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't have a favorite 'cause I just don't really care, but basically here's an overview of what I think.

Team Rocket: Working for cash, which makes for a more realistic goal than the other teams, which is good in my opinion. Lame outfits though, and they sucked in GSC, they were really only good in RBY. Really, RBY they're working for cash, then suddenly in GSC they're just doing random inane stuff. Taking over the radio tower is awesome, but when they're doing it to send out a signal to make Magikarp evolve in the Lake of Rage for no other reason than: "Hey, we're supposed to be the bad guys!" it's lame. Basically, without Giovanni, they're pretty lame. In GSC they just kinda lost their motivation and only kept going based on, "Hey, let's do bad stuff 'cause we're jerks!" And did I mention their outfits are pretty lame?

Teams Aqua/Magma: I liked the whole opposites thing land and sea, but it was just poorly executed. Seriously, you'd expect them to be smart enough to understand the problems of screwing with the land and sea if they're old enough to grow gnarly goatees. Though they did look pretty awesome, and I liked how they were ninjas and pirates. So, pretty cool looking dudes, interesting ideas, terribly executed.

Team Galactic: I liked the idea of how Cyrus had this whole evil plan hidden behind his lies of trying to create a Utopia. The fact that his entire organization was founded on a lie is pretty awesome, but his motivation is nothing more than, "The world isn't absolutely perfectly balanced in every way so it obviously doesn't deserve to exist, so I'm going to try to destroy it." And the grunts looked ridiculous. The commanders and Cyrus were cool, but the Grunts sucked. Cool ideas, but Cyrus' motivation just isn't there, they really could have given him some more interesting motivation and the group would be totally awesome. Seriously, control of TIME and SPACE and the best they can think of is: "DESTROY DE UNIVERSE!" How about going back in time to fix an event in his past? I actually can't think of a good motivation for controlling space. Whatever.

Team Plasma: Laaaaame. I like the motivation of making the world a better place, but going about evil methods to do it, it makes for very interesting villains, but they're just so underdeveloped, and their plan is so thin. I actually haven't beaten the game yet, so I don't know exactly what happens, but it just seems like another: 1) Steal pokemon because we're evil. 2) Capture a legendary pokemon, because we suck and need better pokemon. 3) ??? 4) Some lame underdeveloped evil motivation!

At least Team Rocket says profit in step 4. . .

Sapphire: Blaziken Sololocke (heading for Wattson)
Platinum: Regular (preparing for Candice, grinding up my new Glaceon)
Soulsilver: Regular (exploring Kanto and fighting random trainers to gain some levels to then fly around and take on all the gyms super quickly)
White: Regular (post-game crap, not doing much currently, because most of the post game content is battles that I'm not ready for and stuff that requires HMs I don't want to use)

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:33 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I hate them all & have no favorite but I do like some of the characters some of the teams have so I will pick based on that & I choose Plasma because of N, I don't really care for the Enemy Teams as they usually end up forcing me to do something I just do not want to do...

Team Rocket = Forced me to go deal with them in Sliph Co., Goldenrod Radio Tower & Island 5(?) in their respective versions which wasn't actually that bad making them the least of the problematic teams...

Team Aqua/Magma = Forced me to use the very lame Dive after Surfing across that boring & lengthy Ocean & then forced me to go through a tedious dungeon just to stop them which afterwards I had to use Dive again to get to Sootopolis City just to fix the problem they caused & then finally had to return something to the top of a mountain which I didn't like either, making them 1 of the worst of the problematic teams...

Team Galactic = Forced me to use a outlandish amount of HMs which pretty much forced me to actually need a HM Technician for something for once & it was to go through a tedious dungeon as well but a mountain dungeon so it was worse & even before that I had to Fly from place to place & infiltrate their headquarters which were annoying of course, 1 of the worst of the problematic teams...

Team Plasma = Forced me to have some logic viciously shoved down my throat cause they want to preach if you will false logic & then forced me to on occasion during this journey of repetitive logic reoccurrances to meet some people who are as much a waste of space as those E-Reader areas of Gen 3 were, ouch, & of course lastly they forced me to catch a legendary pokemon who specs I wouldn't find out until after I beat the story after it saves the freaking game on me so I don't get to really soft reset for Nature even & immediately following catching that pokemon forced me to to add insult to injury, use it in battle against it's exact opposite or have my weak team(which would have been inevitably weak due to the way it's set up) wiped off the face of the planet at which point I would probably have to recapture the legendary which is not that easy & then battle him over & even afterwards deal with Ghetsis who decides to bore me some more & then has the nerve to use a Hydreigon against me that is clearly not only a Pseudo Dragon Type final evolution but is even out leveling my whole party of pokemon & thus can too easily sweep my team & finally after that, it is finally over, not! Truly the worst of the teams but I like them better cause of N mostly & Ghetsis who I hate still by the way just a little bit...

Besides Team Plasma, there isn't any characters from Evil Organizations that I actually liked much at all, meh...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

xerovene wrote:
Team Galactic: I liked the idea of how Cyrus had this whole evil plan hidden behind his lies of trying to create a Utopia.

I personally thought what Cyrus was doing was him trying to a utopia, in his own view though. I'm not sure if he lied to everyone, because I haven't played the game in a while but if he didn't already give a straight forward lie then what happened was he didn't lie, he just didn't tell the truth. He didn't tell them what was going on, and what they probably should have known.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
xerovene wrote:
Team Galactic: I liked the idea of how Cyrus had this whole evil plan hidden behind his lies of trying to create a Utopia.

I personally thought what Cyrus was doing was him trying to a utopia, in his own view though. I'm not sure if he lied to everyone, because I haven't played the game in a while but if he didn't already give a straight forward lie then what happened was he didn't lie, he just didn't tell the truth. He didn't tell them what was going on, and what they probably should have known.

True enough. Well, I think at some point he said something to Team Plasma or someone in team plasma said something about him saying that he was making the world better for people, which is a lie. He was creating what he thought was a utopia, his utopia just had no humans in it.

Sapphire: Blaziken Sololocke (heading for Wattson)
Platinum: Regular (preparing for Candice, grinding up my new Glaceon)
Soulsilver: Regular (exploring Kanto and fighting random trainers to gain some levels to then fly around and take on all the gyms super quickly)
White: Regular (post-game crap, not doing much currently, because most of the post game content is battles that I'm not ready for and stuff that requires HMs I don't want to use)

Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Searching for the place all the Abra teleport to. I'm going to crash their party.
Easy. Team Rocket. Their uniforms wouldn't inspire their members to hang themselves over their idiocy and ugliness.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:15 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I don't really know but the gps says to make a illegal u-turn I wonder if it's a bug type
My favorite team would have to be team galatic ( team plasma comes up 2 ) . Team galatic was actually bent on destroying the world/ taking it over which is much more evil than just taking pokes.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:51 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Team Rocket.

The same as Frost. I haven't watched the BW anime, but I like Jessie, James, and Meowth.

Team Aqua and Team Magma are too plain.

Team Galactic is a Team Rocket, Aqua, and Magma rip-off.

Team Plasma...I don't know yet. I haven't bought the game.

~

Sigh. The Teams are very cliched. I hope GameFreak will have more unique ideas, if they do, in the future.

To extend our reach to the stars above.
Jessie, James.
Team Rocket blasting off the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to fight!
Meowth, that's right!

FTW

Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:33 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I really like team Galactic because their outfits are really cool unlike team plasma when I even see a Plasma Grunt I'm like "dude what are supposed to be a knight 'cause you don't look like one" I hope they recreate team plasma's outfits in black and white two.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:55 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Team Rocket. Jesse and James were one of my favorite characters (until the new series when they lost their familiar stupidness and catch phrase).

sad but rad

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:29 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Team Galactic wins. Cyrus is bad***, and attempting to destroy the ENTIRE ****ING UNIVERSE is way more evil than anything else the other teams tried to do.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:13 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Plasma. Team Galactic is a bit too cliche for me. Rocket is a bit original, but that's not saying I dont like them. Plasma simulates more of the disillusioned terrorist groups of now, to quote a few...
@ultimatmaster: They are redesigning the outfits, but theyre supposed to be based off of the Knights Templar.

Goodbye
"

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Team Magma they were trying to eliminate water a basic human need that's just stupid. So of course I choose them!

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:13 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Team Rocket, due to nostalgia and generally realistic evil. I haven't played BW, but the teams of the other gens had goals that were too ridiculous, megalomaniacal, and cliche to be good.

Speaking of that, people complaining about the teams being that way should remember that Pokemon is basically designed to be a kids game. You're not really going to see complex plot ideas and such, unfortunately. Remember 90s kids' series like the Power Rangers? The show basically just recycled the same episode premise over and over for 90% of the episodes for almost the entire 90s and it was a huge hit. Kids don't usually need (or want, for that matter) deep or compelling villans.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]