It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Personal Trainer's Thread [Gen 1 - Gen 6] 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

First.. Is it considerd double posting if there is a weeks difference span between posts?

2nd Gym

Earth Gym

Hiker Edd
Before Battle :
Win :
Lose :

Image/ lvl 20 / / Water Absorb
Moveset = Bulldoze / Curse / Recover / Aqua Tail
Item =

Image lvl 20 / / Rock Head
Moveset = Fire Fang / Thunder Fang / Bulldoze / Scary Face
Item =

Reward : ¥ 272

Hiker Todd
Before Battle :
Win :
Lose :

Image / lvl 18 / / Static
Moveset = Curse / Shock Wave / Pain Split / Mud Shot
Item =

Image/ lvl 19 / No Gender / Iron Fist
Moveset = Shadow Punch / Bulldoze / Defense Curl / Rollout
Item =

Image/ lvl 20 / / Torrent
Moveset = Avalanche / Dive / Curse / Mirror Coat
Item =

Reward : ¥ 544

Youngster Mark
Before Battle :
Win :
Lose :

Image/ lvl 22 / / Sandsteam
Moveset = Body Slam / Slack Off / Curse / Bulldoze
Item =

Image/ lvl 22 / / Sand Veil
Moveset = Crush Claw / Bulldoze / Double Team / Super Fang
Item = Bright Powder

Reward : ¥ 608

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gym Leader
Name : Eline
Before Battle: Welcome trainer.I am Eline, the gymleader of this gym. Arutha told me you would come.
After Sending out last pokemon: This is my final one..
Win : Ha, Arutha must have been lazy, you arent that strong.
Lose: Arutha was not lying. You are a strong pokemon trainer.
Price Money : ¥2640
After battle : You have won and therefore you get the Gaia badge and this tm.

Gaia Badge
Tm 78 : Bulldoze
Has 3 Super Potions

Image / lvl 25 / / Rock Head
Moveset = Stealth Rock / Gyro Ball / Sandstorm / Rock Climb
Item = Sitrus Berry

Image / lvl 25 / / Poison Point
Moveset = Toxic Spikes / Super Fang / Flatter / Outrage
Item = Persim Berry

Image / lvl 25 / / Sturdy
Moveset = Ice Shard / Fire Fang / Bulldoze / Body Slam
Item =

Image / lvl 25 / / Hyper Cutter
Moveset = Bulldoze / Fire Fang / Cross Poison / Night Slash
Item =

As always any comment is welcome

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:46 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
In your case, it is fine as 1 post is response to another post & 1 post is your Gym & besides, it's kind of my fault, been caught up in Pokemon Black so much that I forgot to post here to prevent the need for that, meh...

I will look at your Gym later as I am again, busy with the game at the moment...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Name: Guy van giggle.

Strategy: Surprise the foe.

Region: Unova

Backround. Little is known about Guy Van giggle. What is known is that his parenst came to unova from kanto, and raised Guy in Driftveil city. Thats all thats known about Guy until he turned 20 and challenged the Elite 4. HE beat all with 4 in record time. Unforentualy he was unable to callenge the champion, due to the fact he was away on vacation. So as guy waits for the champion he has beome a trainer on the battle subway to hone his skills.

Pokes.

ferrothorn lvl 50 male

Ingrain
curse
gyro ball
explosion

Some people feel that this was Guy's first poke, due to their combanations in battle.

{sandslash} lvl 50 male

Hidden power (electric)
earthquake
crushclaw
bulldoze

Seems to have a bad temper that only Guy can control.

vanilleuxe lvl 50 male

Avalanche
mirror coat
hail
ice beam

Always cherrful, sometimes to the point of weirdness.

Last edited by GofD on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:35 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hello! Long time no see...... I've been busy for awhile xD

Tsunami Rescuer
(Male) Prize-10.000 Poke-Charmander's/Pichu's/Ditto's(Wait, ditto can have eggs?)/Oshawott's/Riolu's/Weedle's Egg
Region-Kanto

Pokemon:
Image Charizard Lv.100 ♂
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Fly
Blast Burn

Image Raichu Lv.100 ♂
ThunderBolt
Shock Wave
Iron Tail
Quick Attack

Image Ditto Lv.100
Transform

Image Samurott Lv.100 ♀
Razor Shell
Megahorn
Hydro Cannon
Dive

Image Lucario Lv.100 ♂
Aura Sphere
Vacuum Wave
Blazer Kick
Bone Rush

Image Beedrill Lv.100 ♀
Twineedle
Poison Jab
X-Scissor
Bug Bite

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:36 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

@ GofD = Firstly, this is off topic but what does your name stand for if anything? I'm just curious...secondly, this is actually for everyone to see but guess what? The 5th Gen pokemon are never going to be smilies so please & I am asking this not demanding this, stop putting the {} around their names as it is a bit hard to look at imo...the reason that won't happen is cause of something in regard to the site's server or whatever & lastly, I really like how you give personality type descriptions for each pokemon those special trainers have...

@ Infernape77 = Firstly, it has been awhile, glad to see you pop in during your busy schedule, it is well appreciated...secondly, I know for a fact that Dittos can't be breed prior to Gen 5 but as for Gen 5, I don't even know & lastly, great trainer, what was the inspiration behind the team, seems like a ingame team maybe?...Oh & fantastic avatar, what type is it?...

Also, I have abandoned many a project & minorly delayed another;

Lyna, Luna & Gym Leader Rematch Rooster = Lyna will not be finished, Luna as well as the rematch rooster for the Gym Leaders is permanently on hiatus or in other words, will not be finished or started so apologies there...

Huin Region Universe B = Will be delayed until I update Universe A with the 5th Gen pokemon where needed or wanted so look forward to that...

First Gym for both universes will be done most likely before Wednesday, yep, complete revamping...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:51 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

OK Ive removed those anoying {} from my last post.

Glad you like those little blurbs. Figured Im giving the trainers a personality might as well give the pokes a bit of one.

As for my name:

When I was signing up for something I wanted to put God of Destruction as my username, but it didnt fit. So I Shortened it to GofD.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

@Lawence: Firstly, I try my best to post more usually, secondly, I think Ditto can't produce eggs, but hey, it's a game xD. And lastly, that trainer was a "tribute" trainer for people in Japan. His Pokemon also have "special" ability:

Charizard - Helping people there who can't get fire, and can flly.
Raichu - Gives electricity
Ditto - Copying the others team to help
Samurott - To help people who is drowned and chops things
Lucario - For breaking stone or hard metal, to help people who is trapped on building, etc.
Beedrill - Looking for food, and produced honey(?). Sometime s also can chop things like samurott

And, the avatar, my fake bug eeveelution that actually was an Advanced fusion XP

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:17 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

@ GofD = If you are looking for pokemon icons for the 5th Gen pokemon, the main site's Pic Dex or some other site has them for use...

@ Infernape77 = I know you probably meant for that to be a specific scenario with the Ditto egg but I just needed to mention that...
Oh & I knew that your trainer was a "tribute" for the people in Japan due to the word Tsunami being in it's name & those are some helpful abilities...
Your Avatar is a Bug Type huh? i knew it had a Bug Type's body parts but I thought it was used more so for the design then it actually was, I thought at first site it was some Type I can't remember & then later thought it was a Fighting Type...

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sorry, kind of forgot about Psypoke for a while, absorbed in White and Dragon Age 2. Anyway, I edited that guy I started on the last page and finished him up. I like his team quite a lot.

Sapphire: Blaziken Sololocke (heading for Wattson)
Platinum: Regular (preparing for Candice, grinding up my new Glaceon)
Soulsilver: Regular (exploring Kanto and fighting random trainers to gain some levels to then fly around and take on all the gyms super quickly)
White: Regular (post-game crap, not doing much currently, because most of the post game content is battles that I'm not ready for and stuff that requires HMs I don't want to use)

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:46 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

The only problem I see with that trainer is that is the fact that Ludicolo cannot learn Thunder or any other Electric attacks for that matter...otherwise the trainer is great, nice update, xerovene...

Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:21 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Actually it can learn thunder punch through move tutors, but that's besides the point. Yeah, I was getting lazy, I changed it's move set to stuff it can actually learn. So, I've done psychic and water, and I'm already getting bored of these monotype trainers. Here's a new idea since I don't want to do a monotype. I'm also getting bored of looking up natures and crap, so I'm just going to have pokemon and moveset from now on unless I for some reason suddenly want to go into detail.

Name
Ray
Region
Hoenn
Background
Ray becomes incredibly easily attached to his pokemon. So, to this day, he has used no pokemon but the first six he caught. He started his adventures in Oldale Town, and has been wandering the region ever since then. He doesn't have much interest in competition, just in enjoying life, so he travels around and fights any trainer who comes to challenge him. He can found all over Hoenn, and has never settled down in any one place since he began his journey. Due to this attachment to his early catches, his team is not the greatest.
Theme or Type
Common pokemon of Hoenn.
Pokemon Team
Linoone lvl 57 w/ anti sleep berry
-Belly Drum
-Rest
-Slash
-Last resort

Mightyena lvl 59
-Thunder Fang
-Ice Fang
-Swagger
-Attract

Breloom lvl 56
-Sky Uppercut
-Seedbomb
-Leech Seed
-Spore

Beautifly lvl 58
-Silver Wind
-Air Cutter
-Quiver Dance
-Morning Sun

Swellow lvl 59 (guts)
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Aerial Ace
-Hyper Beam

Slaking lvl 56
-Hyper Beam
-Rest
-Yawn
-Snore

I specified a couple items and abilities where it mattered. I felt too lazy to spend time thinking about good typing, so I chose some pokemon and started. I like all of these individually, they just don't make the greatest of teams.

Soulsilver: Regular (exploring Kanto and fighting random trainers to gain some levels to then fly around and take on all the gyms super quickly)
White: Regular (post-game crap, not doing much currently, because most of the post game content is battles that I'm not ready for and stuff that requires HMs I don't want to use)

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:03 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

xerovene wrote:
Actually it can learn thunder punch through move tutors, but that's besides the point. Yeah, I was getting lazy, I changed it's move set to stuff it can actually learn. So, I've done psychic and water, and I'm already getting bored of these monotype trainers. Here's a new idea since I don't want to do a monotype. I'm also getting bored of looking up natures and crap, so I'm just going to have pokemon and moveset from now on unless I for some reason suddenly want to go into detail.

I specified a couple items and abilities where it mattered. I felt too lazy to spend time thinking about good typing, so I chose some pokemon and started. I like all of these individually, they just don't make the greatest of teams.

Oh, I remember that move, didn't think of Platinum's Move Tutors when I said that but okay. Thank You. Stop doing them then, I actually am going to stop doing that myself with my remastered Gyms for 5th Gen. This is also a exceptable them for a Gym, it doesn't always have to be based on type, it can be weight, a certain creature or attack or something like that. Hey, at least you still have notable detail in your post & that is enough Honestly, natures are irrelevant & some of the other stuff you don't have is not even needed, simply put, you are doing enough, even without the Background info even...

All that is needed is Trainer Name, Trainer Gender, Region & for the Pokemon Team only the Pokemon Name, Level & Moveset is needed...Of course you need to specify some Items & Abilities that actually matter but other then that, that is it...

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:13 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I am going to put my gymleader making on hold.
I just got pokemon white ^^

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:24 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Myself700 wrote:
I am going to put my gymleader making on hold.
I just got pokemon white ^^

While I am glad you did report that, just don't anymore, it's fine if you take a vacation from this thread...

Can't wait to see your stuff after playing through Pokemon White Version...

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:15 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Name: Codename: Twinkle Toes.

Gender male

Strategy: Induce statues conditions and keep em switchin.

Region-> Unova

Backround stroy_> Twinkle Toes is one of the international police's top agents. Not much is known about him (Since he is under cover ). NO one is sure why his codename is Twinkle Toes, but soem thinki ts due to the fact that he wears rather expenxive footwear. He is currently in Unova investigating Ghestis and is helping Looker wit hhis investigation.

Poke's

{mamoswine} Lvl 50 male

Blizzard
earthquake
ancient power
Ice shard

Docile. Is easily likable.

Sigilyph lvl 50

Phsycic
sky attack
calm mind
tailwind

Always thinking. Not quick to anger.

{blaziken} lvl 50 male
Incenerate
bulk up
blaze kick
sky upper cut

Like to fight, all the time.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:54 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I kinda feel like making my own region. I'm too lazy to plan anything at all, so I'm just going to start it. I guess the best thing to start with is rival(s).

Name
Mikayla
Region
Oren Region
Background
Mikayla has been your friend since you moved to Lissin town about a year ago. Her father is the gym leader of Gonn city which is far away across the region. About a week before you got your pokemon she received an egg in the mail from her father. It hatches about a day before you get your pokemon, but being newborn, requires more training than a live pokemon given to someone. When you receive your pokemon, she decides to battle, and the two of you continue to challenge each other throughout the region. As she goes, she grows fond of breeding.
Theme or Type
Diverse.
1st battle - in Lissin town
pachirisu lvl 5
Growl/Bide/Quick Attack
After the battle she gives you some pokeballs that her Pachirisu found in the forest.

2nd battle - in Exue town
pachirisu lvl 14
Bide/Quick Attack/Charm/Spark

magby lvl 11
Leer/Smog/Ember/Smokescreen
After the battle gives you an Elekid egg

3rd battle - in Hillon city
pachirisu lvl 23
Swift/Quick Attack/Spark/Charm

magby lvl 22
Faint Attack/Ember/Fire Spin/Smog

mantyke lvl 22
Wing Attack/Headbutt/Bubblebeam/Supersonic
After the battle she leaves. What, you didn't expect her to give you something at the end of EVERY battle, did you?

4th battle - in Aien city
pachirisu lvl 33
Super Fang/Discharge/Sweet Kiss/Swift

magmar lvl 31
Fire Punch/Confuse Ray/Faint Attack/Fire Spin

mantyke lvl 30
Wing Attack/Headbutt/Water Pulse/Supersonic

umbreon lvl 29
Confuse Ray/Quick Attack/Pursuit/Sand Attack
Gives you an electrizer at the end of the battle. I think that's right... Whatever it is that evolves Electabuzz.

5th battle - Gonn city
pachirisu lvl 40
Iron Tail/Attract/Discharge/Sweet Kiss

magmar lvl 39
Sunny Day/Flamethrower/Solarbeam/Confuse Ray

mantyke lvl 37
Take Down/Water Pulse/Wing Attack/Icy Wind

umbreon lvl 36
Faint Attack/Confuse Ray/Quick Attack/Sand Attack

donphan lvl 34
Ice Shard/Thunder Fang/Earthquake/Rollout
After the battle she says that her Magmar is getting restless and she offers to trade her Magmar for an Electabuzz. Her Magmar comes with a Magmarizer and evolves into Magmortar.

She appears in Kull town and offers to trade back, if you do, your Electabuzz (or Electivire if you had it holding the electrizer) has the same moveset it had when you gave her and has gained some levels.

6th battle - Epine city
pachirisu lvl 47
Iron Tail/Attract/Discharge/Sweet Kiss

Either magmortar, magmar, electabuzz or electivire lvl 46
Magmortar/Magmar has same moveset it had when you fought her last time, even if you had it and changed its moves.
Electabuzz/Electivire has
Rain Dance/Thunder/Shockwave/Lowkick

mantine lvl 46
Aqua Ring/Wing Attack/Water Pulse/Confuse Ray

umbreon lvl 45
Faint Attack/Confuse Ray/Quick Attack/Sand Attack

donphan lvl 45
Ice Shard/Thunder Fang/Earthquake/Rollout

kingdra lvl 43
Hydro Pump/Twister/Aurora Beam/Smokescreen
After the battle she gives you a lucky egg.

After Elite 4 battle - Outside the Daycare center (in Exue town)
pachirisu lvl 80
Same moveset

magmortar lvl 79
Same moveset

mantine lvl 77
Same moveset

umbreon lvl 76
Moonlight/Mean Look/Screech/Last Resort

donphan lvl 75
Same moveset

kingdra lvl 73
Same moveset except Dragon Pulse instead of Twister

After you defeat the Elite 4 you will be able to find Mikayla outside the daycare and you can fight her at any time. The first time you beat her here, she will give you an Eevee egg, but after that the only reward is prize money.

This was entertaining.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:41 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

sName-> Flash

Gender Male

region Unova

status-> Frontier brain recuit.

Backround_. Born in KAnto Flash was always quick on his feet. From a young age he was interested in pokemon batttles. He did however lose most of his matches. Neitherless, he was alwatys interested to accept a challenge. When in High School, he joined the BAttle team. The Coach took notice in Flash's battle style. Through traing and competitions Flash got better and better, Eventually becoming the Teams MYP. After Highschool he deciided to challenge the gysms with his partner Ninetales. He managed to take down all eight gym lleaders in record time, 8 days. When he challenged the elite four, he losty in record time 5 seconds. Never discouraged, he started training again. Eventually he was noticed by a mysterious person who asked him to come to Unova and become a fonttier brain at the battle frontier that was being proposed for the Unova region. Flash Accppted, and headed of to become the best brain he could.

Pokes:

Ninetales female lvl 50

Energy Ball
Grudge
fireblast
flamecharge

Likes to run. Has always been by Flash's side.

Raichu lvl 50 male

Thunderpunch
charge
nastyplot
thunderwave

Is rather sneaky. Requires one eye to be on him at all times.

Jellycant lvl 50 male

Raindance
waterpulse
ominus wind
bubble beam

Can take things WAAy too seriously. Prefers to relax than to battle.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:22 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Name = Shaud (?)
Gender = Male
Age = 15
Attire = He wears Glasses & his attire consists of a simple t-shirt, cloth pants & sandels along with a cloak which he has wrapped over his neck which covers his torso in most cases...

Theme = Fighting & Psychic
City = (?)
Badge = Brick Badge (?)
Bonus = $3000 + TM - Brick Break (?)

Pokemon Team;

1. Mienfoo / Male / LV? / Inner Focus
Moveset = Rock Smash / Meditate / Aura Sphere / Knock Off
Item = None
2. Timburr / Male / LV? / Sheer Force
Moveset = Rock Smash / Focus Energy / Low Kick / Rock Tomb
Item = None
3. Mienshao / Male / LV? / Inner Focus
Moveset = Baton Pass / Meditate / Aura Sphere / Rock Smash
Item = None

Additional notes = I am back indeed, I am a bit disappointed with Mienshao but other then that, I feel good about it & about the (?)...those indicate something that is subject to change & can show up anywhere that isn't under Pokemon Team as anything that IS under Pokemon Team is always now & forever subject to change ;) ...

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Mon May 02, 2011 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Uhhhh.................My eyes... my eyes... I can't see anything unless I highlighting the text o_o The new layout realyyyy annoying me :frustrated:

Hmm... I think I'll gonna make a new league *leaves the frontier alone*

First gym......

Name= Arthur ♂
Type= Dark
City/Town= Imshade Town
Badge= Howl Badge
Money and TM= 1400Image and TM Hone Claws
Item on Bag= Super Potion and Potion

Party:
Image Purrloin Lv.13 ♂
Faint Attack
Fury Swipes
Hone Claws
Assist
Starategy: Purrloin will attack with his Faint Attack. When needed, he'll use Hone Claws to increase his Attack and Accuracy, and then use Fury Swipes after that. When you use fight-type Pokemon, he use Assist, and there's a big chance the Aerial Ace will out. Arthur may use Potion or Super Potion.

Image Zorua Lv.16 ♂
--x Held Item: Oran Berry
Hone Claws
Foul Play
Aerial Ace
Faint Attack
Strategy: Zorua will use Foul Play first, try to use weakest Pokemon you have here. And then, he'll use Aerial Ace or Faint Attack, depends on the Pokemon you're using. When he's exhausted, he'll use oran Berry. Arthur may use Potion or Super Potion.

Rematch:
In Progress ^_^

Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:54 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Name: Mena

Age 20 ish

Area: Unova

Backround: Born in the Johto region, Mena had a fond interest in pokemon battles. Through out her elementry years she displayed amazing abilitys. She moved to Iccuris City where she started High School. Again she displayed amazing abilitys, when the guys would stop staring at her beatuy that is... Anyways Mena ended up winning multiple champion ships for her school. When she graduated she was approached by someone looking for frontier brains for the battle fontier that was being planned for the Unoa region . She quickly accepted the idea.

Pokes

{skarmory} male lvl 50
item=leftovers
Ability= sturdy
Stealth rock
roar
roost
Brave Bird

Is rather impatient and would rather be more on the offense than the defense.

Meinshao Female lvl 50
item=wide lens
Ability=regenerator
U-turn
Fake out
Hi jump kick
stone edge

Doesnt mind playing "hard to get".

{zapdos} lvl50
item= red card
Ability=lighting rod
thunderbolt
shockwave
volt switch
drill peck

Like playing tag, even when in battle.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:35 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I just made a super awesome rival with six teams that were all totally amazing and then it randomly logged me out! Screw it, I'm not making him again.

EDIT: I'll just type up his final team for the after the elites.
Poliwrath lvl 80
Wake-up Slap/Hypnosis/Rain Dance/Hydro Pump

Sawsbuck lvl 79
Leech Seed/Horn Leech/Faint Attack/Jump Kick

Houndom lvl 78
Sunny Day/Solar Beam/Flamethrower/Shadow Ball

Gengar lvl 77
Mean Look/Toxic/Venoshock/Hex

Hydreigon lvl 76
Outrage/Dragon Rush/Crunch/Thunder Wave

Glalie lvl 75
Rollout/Crunch/Hail/Blizzard

There wasn't much special about him, you just fought him every once in a while. Instead of the friend style rival like Mikayla he was the jerk type rival. Named Grayson. That just about covers it all. (and from Oren region)

Last edited by xerovene on Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:44 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Aww man, sorry I have not posted for the few days that I didn't post, I was beating the story of Pokemon Black Version & also putting together some team possibilities for the Battle Subway with what is available in the game without trading from another game which I can't do...

@ xerovene = Nice Trainers but for your second 1, I know you got a bum deal with the log out situation but please add the region that he is from even if it is obvious when you get the time as it is required & lastly, it is called Hydreigon or Sazandora if you don't like the english name, the final evolution of Deino that is...

@ GOfD = That Mienshao set looks familiar & what does the Red Card do as I keep seeing it around everywhere but ingame & my curiosity is at it's peak about such an item...

@ Infernape77 = Glad to hear you are making a new league as the frontiers aren't as interesting & are kind of limited imo...
& as for the text being that hideous janitor dark grey, true that, it is atrocious to say the least & according to the higher ups should be gone in the distant future :? ...

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, that Meinshoa set is what im using, and I did open a topic asking what poke I should use with it...

Anyways the red card is a prize at the battle subway. IF I remember correctly if the poke holding it is hit by a physical move the opponmet is forced to switch out.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:29 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Elrik
Trainer Type:
Frost's Rocket Gym [organization]
Special Trainer [special trainer type]
Part-time Gym leader

Region:
Johto

Background:
Frost's first apprentice on Floe island, he could only beat Frost once and stuck around Frost's gym for a while until he felt he was ready to go off on his own journey. Once he left Frost's gym, Elrik had left the majority of his pokemon at a ranch to be taken care of, keeping only Skarmory with him when he set off. As he traveled he would catch Scyther, Onix, Magnemite, and then leave Kanto and go to Hoenn for a bit. While in Hoenn and training, challenging gyms and capturing pokemon Elrik would capture a Beldum, Mawile, and while at the sea port he would meet a man who would give him an egg containing a Riolu. While in Hoenn he would go to a Gym Leader's organization building and apply for his leader's license as well. Once he passed the test and did receive his license he would return to the Johto region where he was originally from and would continue challenging gyms, generally specializing in Steel type he would challenge Jasmine for ownership of Olivine's gym after he completed the Johto gym challenge. Essentially beating her at her own game he now owns the Gym, but lets her run it when he's not around and either goes off travelling the region or returns to Kanto to visit his mentor. When he is there though, Jasmine is one of the people that must be fought before reaching him, or she is given time off in which she's normally found in the cafe or the light house since she doesn't seem to like to travel much.

Theme or Type:
Steel

Pokemon Team
-Steelix
-Thunder Fang
-Ice Fang
-Fire Fang
-Earthquake/Iron Head/Aqua tail

-Skarmory
-Steel Wing
-Spikes
-Air Slash
-Sky Attack/Flash Cannon

-Scizor
-X-Scissor
-Night Slash
-Bullet Punch
-Double Hit/Vacuum Wave

-Magneton
-Magnet Bomb
-Shockwave
-Mirror Shot
-Signal Beam/Gyro Ball/Zap Cannon

-Metagross
-Zen Headbutt
-Meteor Mash
-Psychic
-Hyper Beam/Hammer Arm [More of a last resort kind of thing]

-Lucario/Mawile
Lucario
-Force Palm
-Low Kick
-Flash Cannon
-Metal Claw/Dragon Pulse/Sky Uppercut

Mawile
-Faint Attack
-Poison Fang
-Super Fang
-Ice Punch/Iron Head

Strategy:
The same strategy as his mentor [Frost]. Meaning, damaging attacks preferably with side-effects such as status inflictions, or lowering stats.

Aftermath:
$5,500 and his phone number, the Olivine city Gym badge, and the TM for Flash Cannon

So, this team, this post, it's all wayyyy overdue, sorry it took so long, and sorry it seems so shoddy too, I'll probably come back to it and edit it a bit. For now though, I'll just say this, I hope you like the back-story on Frost's star pupil, and I hope you all give me a bit of criticism on the team. I never knew Mawile's move-pool was so wide, so excuse him for being all over the place. But yeah, criticism, please.

An old team I had an idea for. Criticism is appreciated.

SoulSilver-- 1892-9981-0071

Diamond-- 5414-8714-8656

Trading thread-- viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27567

Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:38 am
Profile YIM
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

@ GofD = Oh, well I said that because that moveset is posted on the WishMaker site which is a site similar to Smogon but it actually has handled the 5th Gen pokemon a little bit...

That Red Card is a cheap item I think & that is just using Zapdos as an example I mean just hitting a pokemon directly causes a switch?!...Wow, it is beatable but outrageously powerful for an item, effect wise...

@ Elrik = That background is interesting, connection to Jasmine among various other things like beating Frost at least once & receiving an Egg for Riolu in Hoenn...awesome...

For Steelix, I would suggest for the last move either Earthquake or Iron Tail, personally I would go with Iron Tail as he is a Steel Type themed trainer...

For Skarmory, I would personally use Sky Attack over Flash Cannon but Flash Cannon may be more usable...

For Scizor, Double Hit as Scizor has better ATK then SPATK & Vacuum Wave while I like it better, it is simply a Special Damaging attack...

For Magneton, if you really don't want Zap Cannon that much then it is all the more reason to go with Signal Beam...

For Metagross, I would go with umm, whatever works for the set...I will vote for Hyper Beam however...

For Lucario, Metal Claw unless like me, you really like the idea of it having Dragon Pulse, then in that case, Dragon Pulse...

For Mawile, Iron Head without question, it needs to have a STAB move & again, he is a Steel Type Trainer so...

Will work on Aegis or Gym Leader 2 of my Region tomorrow I guess, 5th Gen makes it more interesting :mrgreen: ...

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next