It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 What was most frustrating for you in Sinnoh? 
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Ryder wrote:
another thing frustrating - i didnt get a mew in it. :( i have never gotten a mew, ever, rofl. so i was hoping they would have an in-game thing where you could catch a mew. not a nintendo event, which i totally missed. *sigh* it will never happen, though.

lol...well, they had an event for Mew in Emerald supposely & if you tweak the event in, you can get a legit Mew in Emerald...sadly I don't have the game...

What I disliked about the starters' type arrangement was that it gave the Fire Type an uber edge against the other 2 starters once fully trained...I mean now that is just terrible...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol, I cared not 'bout type advantages, my torterra kicked my rival's Infernape's butt. I EV trained meh torterra's defense and hp, and most of infernape's attacks are physical. then I OHKO'd it with earthquake. :D Oh, I'm such a cheater. No in-game character stands a chance.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:53 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ryder wrote:
lol, I cared not 'bout type advantages, my torterra kicked my rival's Infernape's butt. I EV trained meh torterra's defense and hp, and most of infernape's attacks are physical. then I OHKO'd it with earthquake. :D Oh, I'm such a cheater. No in-game character stands a chance.

well yeah of course...I beat Flint's Infernape in Platinum with my Torterra & it was close to the same level...bah...I am talking about in competitive battles, out of the 3 starters, Infernape destroys the other 2 on Majority & it's a noticable majority...there's EV training but it only goes so far...then your just **** out of luck lol...

I also didn't like though getting all the way back on topic now, that they didn't utilize all of the Ingame Special Events of any of the 3 games...mostly DP...not even a Darkrai or Shaymin Ingame Event...frustrating indeed...at least in Platinum you got the Member Card & Oak's Letter by some method via Wi-Fi...but still no Azure Flute...what a waste of an item's creation I mean really...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Im betting they still plan on utilizing those in game events later on. just because heart gold is out and Gen V will be soon, doesnt mean sinnoh is going extinct. they'll still squeeze some more money outta it before pokemon dies, if it dies, god forbid.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:29 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

@Ryder
Seems pretty strong to me. I don't think they'll run out of ideas yet. Even if they do, they can always go back to the basics which went over well.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:21 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ryder wrote:
Im betting they still plan on utilizing those in game events later on. just because heart gold is out and Gen V will be soon, doesnt mean sinnoh is going extinct. they'll still squeeze some more money outta it before pokemon dies, if it dies, god forbid.

They might...& have pretty much given up on DP...Pt I assume they will do the Azure Flute Event for eventually...I hope...

GollyGreg wrote:
@Ryder
Seems pretty strong to me. I don't think they'll run out of ideas yet. Even if they do, they can always go back to the basics which went over well.

This they could...this they could do...but they didn't do it with the 3rd Gen so I'm not so confident that they will even consider it...even if it's a different Generation now...

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I bet if nothing else, they'll at least keep making new regions, even if they use the same old pokemon. but i think i kinda steered everyone off topic. :( oops. im distracted so easily.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:54 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In my Secret Base at Route 116- come and find me! :P
I agree with the lack of fire types. I am currently bummed that I can't find a good fire type to stick in my team.

I've got Turtwig lv 17, HootHoot 18, Pikachu Colored Pichu 30, Misdreavus 17, Geodude 17, and Shellos 17, and training to level 20 to face Gardenia. I wish I had the aforementioned fire type...

Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:31 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

It seems like the 3D effects in the fourth generation are very laggy and slow. I liked how in the third generation everything loaded faster and smoother. Other than that I'd say Sinnoh was a very good region and Diamond and Pearl were awesome.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:38 am
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yeah...there wer some noticable amount of Lags I noticed when moving my character at all like one time I was running through a town & I noticed that it was glitching up a bit...it was like a game right before it freezes only without distorting the screen noticably in any direction...

I yes Ryder I agree there were virtually no Real Poison Type Pokemon ingame to put on your team...they were pretty much all Dual Type Bug Pokemon & the Grass/Poisons were pretty much post National Dex...lame...

Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quick list of things I didn't like of DPP (I have platinum JSUK)

1. Unbalance of types- there were very few fire types and WAY TOO MANYGRASS AND WATER POKES!!!!!!!!
2. Too Many Legendaries- We had {uxie} {mesprit} {azelf} {dialga} {palkia} {giratina} {heatran} {regigigas} {cresselia} {manaphy} {phione} {darkrai} {shaymin} {arceus} ---- 14 LEGENDARIES!!!!

3. Very confusing victory road- even though I have a map for the road on some big guide, I still get lost every time I go on it!

4. Battle fronter- in platinum, there was this place that you had to beat all 7 trainers in a row in order to win 3 battle points.
I beat 6 trainers and on my 7th one, I lost and got ABSOLUTLY NOTHING!!! I may never go back there again! :frustrated:

5. Slow graphics- the 3Dish graphics slowed everything down alot. And it makes the area look kinda rugged. Not good.

I could ramble on of a few other things, but these are just the main issues.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Shuckle-rock$ wrote:
Quick list of things I didn't like of DPP (I have platinum JSUK)

1. Unbalance of types- there were very few fire types and WAY TOO MANYGRASS AND WATER POKES!!!!!!!!
2. Too Many Legendaries- We had {uxie} {mesprit} {azelf} {dialga} {palkia} {giratina} {heatran} {regigigas} {cresselia} {manaphy} {phione} {darkrai} {shaymin} {arceus} ---- 14 LEGENDARIES!!!!

3. Very confusing victory road- even though I have a map for the road on some big guide, I still get lost every time I go on it!

4. Battle fronter- in platinum, there was this place that you had to beat all 7 trainers in a row in order to win 3 battle points.
I beat 6 trainers and on my 7th one, I lost and got ABSOLUTLY NOTHING!!! I may never go back there again! :frustrated:

5. Slow graphics- the 3Dish graphics slowed everything down alot. And it makes the area look kinda rugged. Not good.

I could ramble on of a few other things, but these are just the main issues.

1. Yes there are a lack of fire types in the game, in fact I believe there are only 5 which includes non fully evolved ones. But at the same time, the fire type starter is arguably the best fire starter out of all of the generations sporting the ability as a fast mixed sweeper not only in the story but also in competitive play. Also, Heatran is an amazingly powerful pokemon even in Wi-Fi. The quality could arguably overrule the quantity.

2. Manaphy {manaphy} and Phione {phione} were NOT introduced in this generation. Also Shaymin {shaymin}, Arceus {arceus}, and Darkrai {darkrai} were insanely difficult to obtain through a legit event.

3. No Comment...

4. I adore the battle tower in this generation, as it is probably the best way to get back at the computer for all of the hax it does to you. Also allowing you to obtain great Wi-Fi items and TM's as a reward for beating down on the computer.

5. I agree with this, there were some really buggy parts especially in larger areas. Also some of the building overviews were awful in comparison to how large they were inside. The ratio's were off quite a bit.

In my opinion, the DS introduction of Pokemon was absolutely amazing, the jump in competitive play via Wi-Fi, the good story with solid enemies in team galactic made for an absolutely outstanding game that I have invested a ton of time into. The only real thing I could complain about with DPP was the Gym leaders being so... boring. I didn't enjoy them as much as I have in previous generations, basically the only fun in beating them was the level up. Volkner was an exception to this, I liked his avatar, team, and Gym along with the storyline. The E4 was ok and the Champion didn't compare to other generations.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:26 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Zero Cool wrote:
1. Yes there are a lack of fire types in the game, in fact I believe there are only 5 which includes non fully evolved ones.

The person said he/she is playing Platinum. Which kind of negates his/her complaining in the first place because Platinum added a whole new pile of Fire-types to the Sinnoh Dex to alleviate all of the whining that little kids made about Sinnoh not having any Fire Pokemon even though there have been multiple types that have been worse off in a game than Fire was in DP.

Zero Cool wrote:
2. Manaphy {manaphy} and Phione {phione} were NOT introduced in this generation.

Yes, they were. Sure, Manaphy was "introduced" in movie nine, which was technically an Advanced Generation movie, but DPP was still the first time you could get and use it in a game. Ditto for Phione, whom we didn't even know existed until DP were released.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah you're right on the Manaphy and Phione, I thought manaphy was in Hoenn for whatever reason before DP. That was my mistake.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Frost wrote:
The person said he/she is playing Platinum. Which kind of negates his/her complaining in the first place because Platinum added a whole new pile of Fire-types to the Sinnoh Dex to alleviate all of the whining that little kids made about Sinnoh not having any Fire Pokemon even though there have been multiple types that have been worse off in a game than Fire was in DP.[/color]

Yea I was playing platinum but I know in Diamond/Pearl there were only TWO final-evolution fire types before National Dex which were {infernape} and {rapidash} . And they guy in the elite 4 who had fire types, he was forced to use other types because of no fires.

And yes there were types worse than fire- like ice. The only final evo's before national dex were {abomasnow} and {weavile} .

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:45 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

most frustating??

1) i agree with the lack of fire types, but i don't mind. in fact, i tried to repeat the WHOLE game w/out fire types, and i did well
2) my stupid ds has a hard time coping up w/ wifi (maybe bcoz 8s an antique), so i REALLY have a hard time w/ underground exploring. I CAN'T EVEN GET INSIDE, WTH
3) second the motion with Bidoof/Bibarel and Starly/Staravia. try counting them from the start, and probably, u'll lose count

Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:23 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

LAck of fire pokemon yes. Not having some of the awesome kanto Pokemon ( i dont do trading ) snd a bit more difficult leveling up......

Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:04 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

To me its the whole "Search for the HMs" I never get lucky with them :| ,
And come on {ponyta} and {rapidash} are good pokemon, on my first play through of pearl {rapidash} was my saving grace!

Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:26 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lack of Fire types, the pokemon in the Great Marsh that I could catch by walking around, the lack of actul good pokemon in the game.

I handled the Fire pokemon problem by trading for a chimchar with some Pokemon I could easily get. I got so angry over the fire pokemon I just had to handke it in that manner.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:41 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I didn't like the fact that actual good Pokemon were either A) Hard to get or B) not availble until later in the game. I mean, a level freaking 18 Gible can't be found till you beat Byron! Jeez...

I play on the Smogon PO server. If it's not up, then expect me on the Pokemon Online server. I play 5th gen UU, but I am more than happy to play 5th gen OU and Ubers

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:10 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah, I mean how much do we have to do to just get a simple, level 18 {gible}! It's way weaker than the rest of my team and dragons are hard to train so it takes forever just to get him caught up.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ikr? And no good electric types made it that much harder. Pikachu/Raichu is meh and Luxray is just sad

I play on the Smogon PO server. If it's not up, then expect me on the Pokemon Online server. I play 5th gen UU, but I am more than happy to play 5th gen OU and Ubers

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:42 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Exactly! I've never really liked the physical electrics (Electrode, Luxray, Manectric) and then Pikachu/Raichu are a bit on the weak side as I raised a Level 80+ Pikachu and it's Sp. Atk could take out most opponents but when he got hit once he was taken out far too quickly.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:49 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I really hate to walk on marshy and snow areas. You walk so slow and get stuck was the worst. And the Victory Road was annoying.

"

Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:00 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

That freakin' lake Pokemon Mesprite!! It's so annoying to catch since it just goes floating around the place aimlessly. The only time it shows up is when your not ready to capture it! And if you accidentally kill it in the process there's no chance of capturing it again! (As far as I'm aware).

"You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true." -N

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next