It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Legs Challenge 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

This challengs sounds HARD!

But maybe you should start a new topic for this game instead of hijacking LegsCurry's game.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:21 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Seems rather easy in all fairness, if you fight all of the trainers in the game with just your starter, when bringing in wild encounters aswell you should always be significantly higher levelled than gyms/rivals/elite four, so going through the game with just your starter isn't uncommon. Without evolution I'm pretty sure I could get a single starter to Lvl 100 before the elite four without any unrealistic amount of grinding, although in B/W, where you are heavily punished for having unevolved pokemon, it won't necessarily be impossible, but I don't see it being anywhere near what anyone would really be willing to do.

Plus, Set Battle Style only stops you from switching pokemon when one of your opponents pokemon faints, you can still switch into an attack/item use from your opponent.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:40 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I'm a Keronian hiding on your wall. Poke the wall and find me!
D: OK, that is the hardest thing ever. I can't do it on ANY of my games because I already broke all of the rules. Um... And I don't plan to restart Diamond or SoulSilver or Pokemon White. I've emotionaly bonded with every one of those pixels.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:59 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Mutant_Mewtwo wrote:
Seems rather easy in all fairness, if you fight all of the trainers in the game with just your starter, when bringing in wild encounters aswell you should always be significantly higher levelled than gyms/rivals/elite four, so going through the game with just your starter isn't uncommon. Without evolution I'm pretty sure I could get a single starter to Lvl 100 before the elite four without any unrealistic amount of grinding, although in B/W, where you are heavily punished for having unevolved pokemon, it won't necessarily be impossible, but I don't see it being anywhere near what anyone would really be willing to do.

Plus, Set Battle Style only stops you from switching pokemon when one of your opponents pokemon faints, you can still switch into an attack/item use from your opponent.

That is 100% true. But when you face someone with a huge advantage over you (say the Pewter Gym in FRLG when you have Charmander), those extra levels don't make as much of a difference. (Actually, that's a horrible example since Charmander can learn Metal Claw at level 16 in those games, but you get the point.) Types are usually the most important thing to worry about in AI battles, so don't underestimate the challenge. Plus, this is only VI. The challenge will get better.

@ Shuckle_rock$: Oops. I didn't mean to take over anything. It just seemed as if this was the appropriate place to post my challenge, and creating a new thread would be too confusing. (Imagine having two threads that are almost exactly the same going on at the same time. You can forget what you're talking about.) It made more sense to me to post this here. Sorry if my logic is incorrect.
And to be honest, the Legs Challenge is less competitive than the Dude Ultimatum and is more fun for the people who aren't too serious. Which means my challenge won't be nearly as popular in the end. (Would you rather play a game for the fun of it or to do absolutely nothing but show off your semi-epicness?) I have a goal to beat a game in one day with the Legs Challenge. I'm getting pretty close. I beat FireRed with it in 26 hours and 14 minutes. I'll get to it eventually.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:19 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Where ever there is a game console, pizza, and a LOT of Mt. Dew...
I already did both challenges easily. U get lucky when the first shiny u see is a palkia... and now i have 3 shiny palkias, 2 shiny dialgas, and 3 shiny giratinas in the last 2 generation games! :lol:

Please Join Werewolf 202: Revenge of the Nightwalker!
Please help me to hatch my egg(s).
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/FALMaster#0

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2