It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Welcome to the New and Improved Psypoke Forums 
The Geek
The Geek

You are looking at a brand-new, never-been-used installation of our forums. OK, so it's been tested a bit over the last week, but that's still pretty close.

This is a clean installation, not an upgrade. Posts, users, avatars, all of that was copied over into the new installation.

As such, a few things might not have copied quite correctly. If you see something that doesn't seem right, let us know!

Oh, and Psybucks are back, better than ever. Know this, though; if you try to spam to earn more of them, you will lose them. It's automatic this time; if we delete one of your posts, you lose the Psybucks earned for that post automatically! And, if you receive a warning, you lose another 50 Psybucks just like that. So behave.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:06 am
Profile WWW
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Glad to see everything (starting to) run smoothly after all the troubles.

And I (unlike some people) am actually glad to see Psybucks return. They were a great stimulant for community activity, so now people will hopefully get even more involved.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:39 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'd like to ask if Psybucks can or in the future, be used for account upgrades such as bigger avatar, custom rank, name change etc..

Also I wondering if Admins would be willing/able to put forth Psybuck prizes for battle tournaments in the Battle tower.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:51 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thanks for the work Jiggs. I almost took the whole "Jiggs blew up the forums. Everything is gone" as a literal statment. Again thanks for the effort.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:16 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like the new changes to the forums, and I'm especially glad that I now know what the psybucks were supposed to be used for. The site moves so much smoother now on my Droid, but my internet still sucks 85% of the time (THANK YOU VERIZON!!!) And looooooves to shut itself off while the site is loading.

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:46 am
Profile WWW
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

MasonTheChef wrote:
I'd like to ask if Psybucks can or in the future, be used for account upgrades such as bigger avatar, custom rank, name change etc..

Also I wondering if Admins would be willing/able to put forth Psybuck prizes for battle tournaments in the Battle tower.

In the past there was an "Elite's Shop" hosted by the admins that sold things such as what you described for large sums of Psybucks. As of right now, this is no longer in effect, and there has been no decision (or even mention of, really) regarding its potential status now that Psybucks have returned.

Staff will often offer Psybucks as prizes for events as well. If a staff member is hosting a tournament, there is a good chance that sizable Psybuck sums will be awarded (as well as for things like trivia, or events in the Kanto Safari Zone forum). This also extends to normal users hosting events: if somebody has a spare amount of Psybucks, then it's not all that uncommon to see them being given out for things like that.

As for the staff contributing Psybucks to user-hosted events: since these events aren't managed by the staff, they aren't considered "official" Psypoke events, and so it is unlikely that such a contribution would be made. You would have to private message a relevant staff member regarding the event, and on a per-situation basis, the event may receive condoning or a contribution. This may be possible for, as you mentioned, a single large tournament for the entire battle forum, but would most likely be dismissed for something like a game in the activities forum.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jigglypuff wrote:
If you see something that doesn't seem right, let us know!

the only issue I'm noticing so far is this site runs slower than molasses now. (similar to serebi's load times last year, tho less bad. only taking a couple mins to load a page here, with them i'd leave the room for 10mins and it would still be loading >.<) hoping its a temporary issue =)

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:28 am
The Geek
The Geek

The site has slowed quite a bit since last night. I'm doing what I can to try to help it along, but it will take time to sort it all out. The forums aren't the only thing that's changed (more on that later). In the meantime, all I can say is don't load pages excessively, and don't spam the refresh button.

Hopefully things will speed back up soon.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:02 am
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Oh okay, I was wondering why it was so slow & I can't get to the main site so I am wondering, is that related or something else?...

Glad to finally learn what Psybucks are used for & see them return too...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:12 am
THE POWER IS ON!

The return of Psybucks?

I thought you said that the forums were improved. You lie to me!

Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:48 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

[quote="Jigglypuff"] As such, a few things might not have copied quite correctly. If you see something that doesn't seem right, let us know![quote]

The polls aren't working properly and keep saying "The submitted form is invalid. Please try again" for all the polls i've tried.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:44 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Oh & the slowdown issue seems to be fixed & I can visit the main site & access the forums from there again, thanks...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:25 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Glad to see that the forums are up & running again...But am I the only one to notice that a lot of pictures & signatures turned into this?
Image This is getting really annoying, especially in this post, which used to display signatures.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:39 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Error report: spam bots are becoming a problem again due to our "please select the kitty" check during registration being borked.

ShinyLucario: the problem is with Image Shack; it has nothing to do with us. I can see pictures hotlinked to Image Shack just fine.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:02 am
Profile WWW
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

ShinyLucario wrote:
Glad to see that the forums are up & running again...But am I the only one to notice that a lot of pictures & signatures turned into this?
This is getting really annoying, especially in this post, which used to display signatures.

Well, following that link, I've submitted Psypoke for registration to ImageShack's direct streaming registry. Hopefully once that goes through, you'll stop having those issues. For now, you shouldn't have any issues if you are logged in to account on ImageShack (according to that page, at least). But like Krisp says, ImageShack itself is to blame for it. I'm not sure myself if it's a new or existing policy. If it has been around for a while, perhaps our recent change in IP address may be throwing it off. Though since other people, even those without ImageShack accounts, seem to be having no issues, who's to say?

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:48 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

The link to the forum rules is dead?

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:58 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, looks like the sites working better then yesterday. Not only was it slow, but I was getting SQL errors, "too many connections" messages" and "interent explorer can not display the webpage". (I tried to mention this yesterday, but I got the "interent Blah blah, bit when I tried to submit it.)

Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:09 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yay! I missed them, three long years. :p
Thanks Jiggz!

Oh and Krisp, I just robbed 40 bucks off you, thought I should tell you. ;)

Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:20 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I kinda forgot we had forums.

=02:47:08= <pop10> probably means your staff or soethingwich in that case i could getyou fired or i could report to nintendo how bad of website you run because you dont follow your own rules on the chats

Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:52 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Cool!! Will the prices for the custom ranks, name changes, etc. be the same as it was before the Psybucks went away, or will there be new prices??

Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:10 am
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

rex09 wrote:
Cool!! Will the prices for the custom ranks, name changes, etc. be the same as it was before the Psybucks went away, or will there be new prices??

Well, I wouldn't get too excited, because like I said, there are currently no plans to even reopen the shop. Though if it were opened, I imagine the prices would be slightly higher, since users can now earn Psybucks just by posting.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:15 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I wasn't here when the Psybucks system was actually working properly, but from what the others are posting, it looks fun. Thanks for all the cool things you've done for us, Jiggz! I was actually missing Psypoke. I think I dreamed about this more than once. being literally blown to pieces.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:41 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Speaking of the return of Psybucks, does that mean that the return of Official Psypoke Trainer Cards may also be in the works?

And the link to Psypoke Forums FAQ also appears borked. I got a 404 Error with the cute crying Mew pic, that said "The file /forums/psyfaq.php could not be found"

Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

JsXtm wrote:
Speaking of the return of Psybucks, does that mean that the return of Official Psypoke Trainer Cards may also be in the works?

I hope so cause I joined just around the time they went bye bye before...

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Did they not go in 2008 when the forums were upgraded to PHPBB3?

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next