It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Breeding Ups and Downs 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Dangertrout wrote:
In my breeding adventures: I'm working on Ralts, male / jolly / max attack and speed. i'm getting speed, but it's mostly giving me max Sp. Atk instead >.< taking a break to SR suicunes, then i'm gonna take another stab at it. worst case scenario, i use my jolly male with 27/28/31/7/31/31, but i'll probably keep trying because i'm a bit of a perfectionist :D

Victory is mine! Male - Jolly - Trace - 31/31/31/28/27/31.

Next up: Kabuto with Rapid Spin... and maybe Knock Off.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:04 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Dangertrout wrote:
Victory is mine! Male - Jolly - Trace - 31/31/31/28/27/31.

Next up: Kabuto with Rapid Spin... and maybe Knock Off.

That is fantastic...you even got the got awfully hard to get IV of 31 in the HP stat which is just a irritating thing to do as only the 1st IV passed on from the parent can be HP...

Oh, good luck on the Kabuto thing...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:29 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

well, the HP IV is slightly easier for me to get since I'm breeding in HG. I'm pretty sure they changed it in HGSS so you have an equal chance to pass along any IV from the parents.

I'm trying to hatch a male adamant kabuto with rapid spin right now, but the game is being mean. Any good natures are on females who can't pass along egg moves >.<

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:26 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Dangertrout wrote:
well, the HP IV is slightly easier for me to get since I'm breeding in HG. I'm pretty sure they changed it in HGSS so you have an equal chance to pass along any IV from the parents.

I'm trying to hatch a male adamant kabuto with rapid spin right now, but the game is being mean. Any good natures are on females who can't pass along egg moves >.<

No, that is only if you use the Power Weight, otherwise it is just like in DPPt, HP is only passable as the first IV from a parent & DEF is only passable if it is the first or second IV passed on from parents, the Items increase the chances significantly but if you aren't exactly trying to get HP but let's say SPATK & SPE & use the power items for those, then good luck getting a good HP IV as well, it ain't easy, I got lucky when I breed my Taillow, it could have easily went to SPDEF instead & then...

Breed the Adamant Female(equipped with Everstone) with 1 of the Male Kabuto you have that have the moves Rapid Spin & was it Pursuit = problem solved...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:46 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Dangertrout wrote:

No, that is only if you use the Power Weight, otherwise it is just like in DPPt, HP is only passable as the first IV from a parent & DEF is only passable if it is the first or second IV passed on from parents, the Items increase the chances significantly but if you aren't exactly trying to get HP but let's say SPATK & SPE & use the power items for those, then good luck getting a good HP IV as well, it ain't easy, I got lucky when I breed my Taillow, it could have easily went to SPDEF instead & then...

Breed the Adamant Female(equipped with Everstone) with 1 of the Male Kabuto you have that have the moves Rapid Spin & was it Pursuit = problem solved...

hmm, i thought they changed it because I get the HP IV pretty often. guess i'm just lucky. it was rapid spin and knock off :P in the end I got my adamant male and i'm still hatching for the ultimate kabuto. my closest so far is: Female, Adamant, Battle Armor, [31 / 31 / 24 / 5 - 6 / 30 / 31]. It's just missing a point in defense and has the wrong ability. (tho if it had 27+ in defense I would have made do with Battle Armor) This one isn't bad, so if I get fed up I can always fall back on it, but i'm gonna keep trying for a good Swift Swim kabuto.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:51 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ups: Every breeding project I've ever tried has been successful.
Downs: Every breeding project I've ever tried has failed.

I've never really done breeding. Is it actually that satisfying? I'm not that competitive so I really don't care about getting all these perfect IVs and everything. Is there really any need to breed pokemon if you're not really doing any competitive battling?

Sapphire: Blaziken Sololocke (heading for Wattson)
Platinum: Regular (preparing for Candice, grinding up my new Glaceon)
Soulsilver: Regular (exploring Kanto and fighting random trainers to gain some levels to then fly around and take on all the gyms super quickly)
White: Regular (post-game crap, not doing much currently, because most of the post game content is battles that I'm not ready for and stuff that requires HMs I don't want to use)

Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

UP- I managed to breed a bulbasuar with Skull bash!!!

Down- I have a lot more breeding to do. (SOOOO MANY EGGS!!!)

Ive finally started to get pokes transfered over to my white game. T otake a bit of a load of of me, im onyl gonna be breeding pokes that have evolutions. But its still gonna take some time...

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:31 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@xerovene - even if you battle, there is no NEED to breed pokemon. You can always hire someone to RNG-abuse a flawless pokemon for you. It all comes down to what you like. I like striving for the minuscule chance of producing a near-flawless or shiny pokemon that I hatch myself.

@GofD - Grats on the bulbasaur! Skull Bash is fun =)

Up -> I managed to produce this Starly with Pursuit, Fury Attack and Aerial Ace a while back: Male, Adamant, Keen Eye, IVs: 30 / 31 / 31 / 30 / 10 / 31, HP Ground 70 (I almost feel bad for wasting it to play through my SS with)

Down -> I have yet to see a shiny in the thousands of eggs I've hatched. I swear that game is cursed!

My breeding projects are currently on hold until I finish playing through White. It's going to take a while, I'm pretty busy these days... and I've only downed one gym so far >.<

Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yes Skull bash is fun.

Up-> Got a few more pokes, crogunk with cross chop, bagon with hydro pump and dragon dance, swablu with dragon rush, charnander with dragon rush dragon dance (and something else I think).

Down-> There's still a lot of work to do and im not sure on all of the IV"S.

@Dangertrout- I think we all are absorded in BW.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:35 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Anyone start breeding in B/W yet? is it the same as HG/SS for passing natures / IVs?

Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:20 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It been has been awhile hasne it? Heres some of my current ups-

-> After 8 hours of breeding got a Impish natured skarmory with bravebird and rather good Iv's. Very useful for lead in batles.

-> After 2 DAYS of breeding got a jolly natured Skorupi with sniper AND night slash. Has Att Iv's in the low to mid twenties. Its other stats Howver are all 10 and bellow...

-> Bred a modest natured Budew on the first try.

-> Breed a few pochyena with thunderfang, holding on to them till I find a female poochyena in the dream world with ratled.

-> Breed two Vulpix's with energy ball, one of them modest natured. Now waiting to get A vulpix fro mthe dream world so I can have n with drought AND energy ball.

Current downs->

TAKES FOR FREAKIN EVER FOR ME TO GET THE RIGHT COMBO OF MOVES NATURES AND ABILITES! AND THEN THEY DONT HAVE FREAKIN GOOD IV"S!
(sorry for yelling but thta freakin bugs me...)

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:40 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

GofD wrote:
It been has been awhile hasne it? Heres some of my current ups-

-> After 8 hours of breeding got a Impish natured skarmory with bravebird and rather good Iv's. Very useful for lead in batles.

-> After 2 DAYS of breeding got a jolly natured Skorupi with sniper AND night slash. Has Att Iv's in the low to mid twenties. Its other stats Howver are all 10 and bellow...

-> Bred a modest natured Budew on the first try.

-> Breed a few pochyena with thunderfang, holding on to them till I find a female poochyena in the dream world with ratled.

-> Breed two Vulpix's with energy ball, one of them modest natured. Now waiting to get A vulpix fro mthe dream world so I can have n with drought AND energy ball.

Current downs->

TAKES FOR FREAKIN EVER FOR ME TO GET THE RIGHT COMBO OF MOVES NATURES AND ABILITES! AND THEN THEY DONT HAVE FREAKIN GOOD IV"S!
(sorry for yelling but thta freakin bugs me...)

if you're breeding in HGSS (and possibly DPPt. I've only done this method myself in HG), save before picking up the egg from the daycare man. once you get nature / ability / gender / moves the way you want you can SR for IVs. not sure if it works the same in BW tho...

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:46 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

It does work the same in BW, the only difference in BW is the ability to breed Dream World abilities via the female parent at a 40% chance...

I have not done any real breeding except for nature & that was to get a Adamant Sewaddle which is now easily a Adamant Leavanny, I did not breed for IVs when I did this...

Current project is simply a Jolly Darumaka so that It can team up with my Infiltrator Hoppip & another pokemon once evolved & conquerer the Battle Subway, hopefully...

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

awesome! i'll have to get a flawless ditto in there for nefarious breeding projects :D of course, that won't be for some time.... I need to finish the story first, and i'm not even at the 4th gym >.<

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:31 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I'm... Right Here, Right Now, Right Here, Right Now...
Just spent the last 2 days trying to get a Modest Rotom, I did but only after about 70 eggs...

However got and Adamant Metang and Modest Zoura both after 3! Now for a Adamant Scyther.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:10 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So I decided to take a break from White to finish breeding my Scyther in HG, because someone was looking for a dozen pokemon bred and if I could free up my ditto, it would be relatively quick to do. And so here's my last hatch:
Scyther - Egg Moves: Endure, Reversal, Counter and Brick Break - Male - Technician - Adamant - HP 31 / Atk 31 / Def 31 / SpA 9 / SpD 31 / Spe 31
bred au naturel, no codes or cheats involved.
*happy dance* *happy dance* *happy daaaance*

Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:32 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

That is awesome, Dangertrout...

I gave up on trying for the Darumaka so now i am just going to train this Skill Link Shellder I caught in the wild & then find good teammates for them, simple as that, no IV breeding for me until Drought Vulpix is in my possession, just Nature & maybe Max IV in the most important category if possible along with Egg moves but that is it...

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:30 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dangertrout wrote:
So I decided to take a break from White to finish breeding my Scyther in HG, because someone was looking for a dozen pokemon bred and if I could free up my ditto, it would be relatively quick to do. And so here's my last hatch:
Scyther - Egg Moves: Endure, Reversal, Counter and Brick Break - Male - Technician - Adamant - HP 31 / Atk 31 / Def 31 / SpA 9 / SpD 31 / Spe 31
bred au naturel, no codes or cheats involved.
*happy dance* *happy dance* *happy daaaance*

CURSES!

That is a good set. Made even better by the fact that no cheats where invloved. Id settle on just gettin ONE stat at 31 IV's...

@Lawerance

Yeah, I kinda need that Drought Vulpix too. All I need is 8000 more dreampoints. YAAAAAAAAY!!!

Im taking a breack from breeding, simply because I dont know what I want next.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:36 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

yeah, its pokemon like that scyther that make all the pain worth it. Now I've taken on a project to breed about a dozen pokemon, so no White for a while >.< Half the pokemon on the list are ones I wanted to breed for myself, but if I take the time to breed a couple extras it will probably drag out the project too long. I'm pretty picky when it comes to my own pokes :(
Times like these, I wish I at least had the fast hatch code...

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:21 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

breeding is so much slower when you lack the proper tools :( I'm aiming for below 10 speed, max SpA, 15+ everywhere else, specific ability and Quiet nature with an egg move. which is a lot of stuff that needs to fall into place, but w/e.
i have a quiet egg move parent with low speed and max SpA (was lacking in other areas), and a ditto with all stats maxed, except SpA, and wrong nature. so all 3 components i need are on the male fish, and i can only abuse one. and all the babies that come close to my goal and *could* be used as better parents, are females that can't pass on egg moves. :frustrated:
I am so hunting down a 0 speed ditto for future trick room breeds, this is ridiculous.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:39 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm currently breeding for a Shiny tepig, I got myself a japanese male emboar to maximize the chances of getting an egg
Same species w/ different Trainer ID = 70% chance of finding eggs (plus The high chance of getting shiny, 1/1,365.3)
the male has perfect SA IVs so even if ends up with a SA+ nature it will still be usable, I currently aiming for a Jolly Male tepig
The female has a an IV spread of 31/13/19/3/29/25, and I check every Female Tepig I breed to see if It has better IVs

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:24 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well im gonna start breeding my dream world Gligar... OF course one of the ones I really wanted HAD to get the wrong nature.. at least this wayI can put some egg moves on it if I so desire... Ill let ya know how it goes...

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:11 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@ GofD: and you can breed for better IVs if you want =)

@ /vXv\: good luck on your Tepig!

I stopped breeding for shinies a long time ago. Mostly because I think my HG file is cursed, doomed to never produce a single shiny :( However, I did catch a shiny Audino on my White file, so I might try breeding for awesome shinies again :P That won't be for a while tho. I've still got 13 pokemon to breed for someone in HG >.< At least I'm finally finished that Remoraid. The rest of them should be relatively simple ^_^

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:10 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

SO far Ive hatched 16 gligar, 9 of which have immunity. Unfortuently they are moslty defenseive in nature, while imtrying for a speed nature (Jolly) or a an attack nature (adamant). On the bright side it doesnt seem that eggs take to long ot hatch in BW. I was gonna breed on Cross poisoin, but i dont have any male pokes with it learnt, well Ill just have to see what I end up with dont I?

EDIT, SUNDAY-> WOOOOOOOOT!! After 20 eggs I got a jolly gligar with Immunity!!! Im not sure whast it's Ivs' are yet, but I think ther gonna be better than my last attempt. So now im looking into my next project: Figureing out how to get focus punch onto a Ledyba.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:09 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

grats on the gligar =) my current project was to breed 15 pokemon. the first 5 went pretty well, got one done every day or two. now I'm on Zubat, and 30+ eggs later, still no Timid natured one to use the everstone trick with. looks like my luck has finally run out. :(

Mon May 02, 2011 12:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next