It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Copy Pokemon? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hey guys, ima lil new. But I noticed that the new "bug electric" pokemon looks alot like a Spinarak? I also noticed that it's evolution looks ALOT like Spinaraks evolution. I am a lil dissapointed that they would just copy a pokemon from another generation. Image Image

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm a little disappointed that you think Galvantula is anything like Ariados in anything other than the fact that they're spiders. The typing is different; the coloring is different; and Galvantula's line is FUZZY. How are they copies?? With new typing, moves, colors, and detail-work (i really want to say texture, but that's not very accurate), they aren't very alike at all. You might as well complain about how we have another third fire/fighting evo line (which I sympathize with a little, at least). And why does that statement need to be in a size 120 font?
EDIT: You know, if you just look at the pictures you posted, you would notice that Spinarak has six legs, while the Galvantula pre-evo has four.

Last edited by rex09 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Im wit hrex on this one. They may share simalarites in the fact that ther spiders, but it ENDS there. Galvantula is a TARANTULA. Whil spinarak and ariodas are NOT. I do not see why you are complaining. Pidgey/Spearow/Taillow/Startly are all bird pokemon of the same typing, BUT they are ALL differetnt.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:53 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Must admit that I agree with Rex on this, but I do think that there is one line in the new set that is pretty much a carbon copy of a previous set.

Them being {magnemite} line and klink (No. 599-601) evo line.

I know they do not look similar but, Base Stats are near Identical main difference is a switch of emphasis on Special Attacks with the Magnemite family to Physical with Klink. Klinks family relies heavily on Steel and Electric type attacks, just without the STAB on Electric. So if anything, Klink is not only a copy but also a worse option than Magnemite and co.

Just my two cents though. I have no doubt everyone will disagree.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:08 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It's just like Woobat being the copy of Zubat. Woobat is just the worse Pokemon over Zubat. And even they're names sound similar. Somehow, that irks me...

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:32 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I don't really know but the gps says to make a illegal u-turn I wonder if it's a bug type
Well zubat is a very common poke but it is meant that way so when the game designers make a place for the series they have to have at least on poke be very common and also the game designers have said over and over that they want only unova region pokes untill you beat the elite four. Also they both may be bats but there are two differnt types one is poison/flying(zubat) and one isphysic/flying(woobat)

Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hey guys, what are y'all discussing here toda--

BYE.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:58 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]