Tangrowth
Relicanth

Not a lot of variation in types here.
.......But I could do it.

xox

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:06 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So I have been meaning to do this for a while now but got too caught up in school to have the time to be able to breed the eggs that I would need. I plan to do this on my old Diamond cartridge as I am playing through on all of my other games for items and pokemon. So here were my results, I put them into numerical order by psydex for ease of use when it came to looking up what I should shoot for with natures.

#11 Metapod > Caterpie
#54 Psyduck
#172 Pichu
#236 Tyrogue
#397 Staravia > Starly
#459 Snover

So this wasn't actually as bad as I was thinking it was going to be. I have used Staraptor a lot in the past so it was nice to see a familiar face, but the rest are going to be new to me. I was a little sad I got a Pichu... even if Pikachu is the face of the franchise to me it is rather useless. So I guess my final team will look something like this:

{butterfree} {golduck} {pikachu} {hitmonchan} {staraptor} {abomasnow}

It will be cool to use this new team, I have my surf/fly pokemon covered but for the rest I plan to use the ever useful Bibarel to take the HM moves I don't want. I plan to take Pikachu over Raichu, not just because I won't buy the thunderstone but I prefer Pikachu anyways. It will be an interesting play through.

Update:

I actually just realized I cannot breed a legit snover... as sad as that is. So I used the random poke generator that /vXv\ provided, set it to No legends, No NFE, and National Dex... and as magic as it was I landed on Infernape... I even took a screen shot XD It was too perfect as I was going to do this on my Diamond, so I will just take Chimchar as my starter and not breed for it. I flipped a coin for trainer Gender, heads Male tails Female and landed tails. So at this moment I have;

Female Trainer, Name: Happy (was watching Happy Gilmore when I was trying to think of a name)
Current Party: Chimchar {chimchar}, Caterpie Egg {caterpie}, Tyrogue Egg {tyrogue}, Psyduck Egg {psyduck}, Starly Egg {starly}, and Pichu Egg {pichu}

I shot for a few egg moves so that they wouldn't be total dead weight at the beginning of the game, I am actually really happy with how this turned out and am super excited as to how this is going to work out. Right now I am grinding my Chimchar right before Jubilife waiting for my team to start hatching. Thanks for the great idea Krisp, I wish I had done this ages ago!

Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:23 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I thought about giving this a shot for quite some time now. Once I'm done my HGSS Nuzlocke challenge, I think I'll give this a whirl on my Diamond. Since there's no real rules on it or anything, it'll be a fun run-through. I used the second generator for my six.

{seedot}
{barboach}
{machop}
{torkoal}
{shieldon}
{tangela}

I think this team covers all HM's except fly, which I can deal without. I'll just have to huff it everywhere. It'll be an interesting play-through.

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:15 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
I'm doing this on my SS once i have time.
With /vXv\\'s generator:
Starmie
Rapidash
Pinsir
Corsola
Lanturn
Spinda

With Krisp's Generator:
231-Donphan
151-Mew 33-Nidoking
132-Ditto
378- Regice- 243-Raikou-199 Quagsire
29-Nidoqueen
42-Crobat

2 things- 1) For Krisp's, I put the number I got but the final evolution of that pokemon, and 2) I'm going to mix and match results, so I pick:
Pinsir
Lanturn
Crobat
Rapidash
Starmie
Nidoking

I might not start for a while, but that ^ ^ is my team.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:06 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't NEARLY have the pokemon available to do this with breeding, I would need to gameshark it or action replay it, neither of which I have. So while this is a brilliant idea that I would love to try out, I can't...

Sapphire: Blaziken Sololocke (heading for Wattson)
Platinum: Regular (preparing for Candice, grinding up my new Glaceon)
Soulsilver: Regular (exploring Kanto and fighting random trainers to gain some levels to then fly around and take on all the gyms super quickly)
White: Regular (post-game crap, not doing much currently, because most of the post game content is battles that I'm not ready for and stuff that requires HMs I don't want to use)

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2