It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Types that GameFreak officially hates more than Bug! 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

For some strange reason I really want a steel/ghost type.... Not sure why, just woke up on morning and said "Hey I wonder if there ever gonna make a steel- ghost type pokemon?" As for the others, meh I dont really us a lot of the types being complained about.

Lawence Codye wrote:
missingoinc wrote:
Though in general tryiping for criminals is bland and not very colorful

Wonder what that means...

It means they would not make good art teachers/professors.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:37 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
GofD wrote:
It means they would not make good art teachers/professors.

I meant "what does it say" but that does answer my question so alrighty then...

I love the Ice Type in any game, I like the Poison Type cause of Toxic Poisoning, Poisoning & something else I can't remember right now & lastly I like the Bug Type cause it's an underdog & type wise creates some great Type Combos when mixed with the right types...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:46 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
missingoinc wrote:
Though in general tryiping for criminals is bland and not very colorful

Wonder what that means...

Facepalm.

He/she means that the villains, Teams Rocket, Magma, Aqua, Galactic's Poke'mon type that they choose are all "bland" meaning weak.

Just from my understanding though.

To extend our reach to the stars above.
Jessie, James.
Team Rocket blasting off the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to fight!
Meowth, that's right!

FTW

Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:51 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Thank you codye , at least someone knew what I was talking about , m point is that pokemon that enemy teams use are not very diverse, they countered by generally three types and their moves are generally poor. As for the natures I have stolen a fair amount of pokemon with action replay and have noticed that their natures are useless for the pokemon or reduce its attack or defense stat that it would most commoly e using. Such as a Adament Natured Alakazam, a or a timid garchomp. In essence I have discovered that enemy trainers are not on par with you normally by not having evs, but also have natures that will never benifit their pokemon or give them an advantage what so ever

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:42 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Oh alright, well I was just asking what was that statement suppose to say without the misspelling & what not, Impersonation...

Also, why are you thanking me exactly, missingoinc cause I don't understand unless that was an error on your part again...

But anywho, I didn't know that that was the the case with the opposing trainers & honestly don't think they needed to go that far imo, makes the game too easy...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:07 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

You have to remeber though that this game was meant for seven year olds not major league competitions

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:47 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

missingoinc wrote:
You have to remeber though that this game was meant for seven year olds not major league competitions

Even when speaking from the perspective of being at that age, I still would find this going too far but whatever, doesn't really concern me to much...

But umm, back on topic, with the Poison Type being as weak as it is on it's own, why isn't there pokemon of that type that are of efficient quality, they have some Poison Types that are of decent quality but nothing that is outstanding if you will...

& the Ice Type is suppose to be a rare Type in the game, why is it that it doesn't pack as much a punch as some other types like for instance, the weather move Hail doesn't really help Ice Type pokemon at all by default except in the case of the move Blizzard & that is 1 move, also another instance is that the Ice Type itself is only resistant to itself which is so retarded, I don't even...

As for the Bug Type, I more then look forward to using some of them as I always want to do so every gen but am disappointed time & time again at their durability, *cough* Mothim, Venomoth...Masquerain especially as it was torture using that during my Sapphire playthrough so many years ago...

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:40 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Dude bugs are supposed to be fire and forget pokemon they are generally not meant to be kept long
Termvthats why they generally evolve at such a low level

Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:21 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

missingoinc wrote:
Dude bugs are supposed to be fire and forget pokemon they are generally not meant to be kept long
Termvthats why they generally evolve at such a low level

But they are some of the options available in the game & should be useful to mix things up more then they are now which isn't much imo...I like variety in these kind of games & having a bunch of somewhat useless pokemon thrown in just to do god knows what is just hindering to me...

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:33 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

missingoinc wrote:

It would be about time that they implemented a difficulty setting in the games. Even if it simply adjusted EVs and natures.

But yeah, like said, Poison definitely could use being strong against at least another type. As could Ice use a nice resistance or 2. Most people wouldn't even notice it changed if they did this, since it's not like they add a new type, just slightly rebalance a few types.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:29 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I really think GameFreak could have implemented an Ice/Bug type in this game. Yes, it has 2 4x weaknesses (fire and rock). No, it would not be terribly useful from a typing standpoint (stealth rock anyone?). It would, however have been interesting and new and accomplished the purpose of expanding the bug type w/o neglecting ice. Make it a sweeper and all flying types had better beware! It could hide behind a Shuckle (defense of gods) with a Parasect (to aromatherapy the Shuckle) in a triple battle and generally annoy everything and its grandmother.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:20 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm considering using both Pendoraa and the polar bear that I forget the name of. Especially with Pendoraa being capable of learning rollout. Then again, Pendoraa is by far the best of the new poison types, and it's a dual type BUG-poison. So while you do make a good point, ice and poison are far from obsolete.

Sapphire: Blaziken Sololocke (heading for Wattson)
Platinum: Regular (preparing for Candice, grinding up my new Glaceon)
Soulsilver: Regular (exploring Kanto and fighting random trainers to gain some levels to then fly around and take on all the gyms super quickly)
White: Regular (post-game crap, not doing much currently, because most of the post game content is battles that I'm not ready for and stuff that requires HMs I don't want to use)

Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I honestly dont see what all the complaining is about. Really I dont. All pokemon have there uses. IF this game has taught me ANYTHING, its that eve nthe weakest thing, can cause great headaches for other people.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

In pokemon lab I have seen full OU teams get swept by an NU poke... I've seen UU teams compete with OU teams on a regular basis. Koari beat the Elite Four in HG with a team of NFE pokes with no items. Anything is possible.

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:49 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

GofD wrote:
I honestly dont see what all the complaining is about. Really I dont. All pokemon have there uses. IF this game has taught me ANYTHING, its that eve nthe weakest thing, can cause great headaches for other people.

That GameFreak is neglecting certain types over all the others, essentially crippling their overall potential in the process, end of story...

B-Mac wrote:
In pokemon lab I have seen full OU teams get swept by an NU poke... I've seen UU teams compete with OU teams on a regular basis. Koari beat the Elite Four in HG with a team of NFE pokes with no items. Anything is possible.

That first 1 requires alot of set up or a specific pokemon, the second one isn't really impossible to begin with, just a bit difficult & the third one is ingame so it is kind of irrelevant as far as Competitive Battling goes I mean they still can't be used against too much of anything in that case, right?...

I just simply want them & this is even more then to stop neglecting the types that are now lower ranked then Bug, to stop making so many pokemon that can't really be used after the ingame story is over...I don't like 1 trick ponies, way way way too linear for me to pay much attention to after a short while, it's rude but true, meh...

Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:35 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
I just simply want them to stop making so many pokemon that can't really be used after the ingame story is over...I don't like 1 trick ponies, way way way too linear for me to pay much attention to after a short while, it's rude but true, meh...

Well, it's not all their fault, pokemon can drastically change between generations or games and sometimes they can't do much about it without completely changing a pokemon. Image

Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:41 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

What is tha-I don't even...

But no, I don't think they need to necessarily change the pokemon to make up for drastic change by the Generation...but maybe reevaluate their base stats, so what if it was different in a previous Gen, if it is outclassed or just not adapting with the times, make some minor adjustments to it's base stats & not just it's movepool which doesn't really help that much honestly...

Pidgeot is a single example, it is simply outclassed by Staraptor & probably Kenhorou as well imo, truly like looking at the past & present...

Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:34 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Lawence Codye wrote:
What is tha-I don't even...

But no, I don't think they need to necessarily change the pokemon to make up for drastic change by the Generation...but maybe reevaluate their base stats, so what if it was different in a previous Gen, if it is outclassed or just not adapting with the times, make some minor adjustments to it's base stats & not just it's movepool which doesn't really help that much honestly...

Pidgeot is a single example, it is simply outclassed by Staraptor & probably Kenhorou as well imo, truly like looking at the past & present...

Completely agree. They should adjust the stats of generation I and II at least. There were so many "90 in all" pokes then. Just look at the starters. Their best stats go barely above 100, and the lowest ones (to get several stats higher) are ~80.
Just keep the total base stats and change them around a bit.
Like Nidoking. It's got all ~80 and attack ~90 with total being ~500 e_e
If changed around a bit it could be something like: 71 112 82 72 62 96

Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:50 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm not a huge fan of poison or ice types for that matter, but I do agree that it is lame they are being pushed to the back. A total overhaul of poison types would be great! It needs better type advantage for sure, and they can give it a legendary... And please quit making poison types things like goo or garbage bags...

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:12 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Mitja wrote:
Completely agree. They should adjust the stats of generation I and II at least. There were so many "90 in all" pokes then. Just look at the starters. Their best stats go barely above 100, and the lowest ones (to get several stats higher) are ~80.
Just keep the total base stats and change them around a bit.

Imho, they could do to even go as far as slightly changing the Base Stat total for pokemon like Pidgeot & Nidoking among others, they don't suck but they can be better without being broken or painfully more difficult to handle...

akizzk538 wrote:
And please quit making poison types things like goo or garbage bags...

Agreed, I like that they made the garbage bag & definitely the goo pokemon, but I am now satisfied with what is presented in that aspect of the type & wish to see no more of such Poison Type pokemon...

Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4