NGP VS. 3DS
3DS 80%  80%  [ 12 ]
NGP 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Neither 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 15

NGP VS. 3DS 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

hello everyone, im going to ask you which of the 2 systems are thinking about getting?

the NGP is the new sony system and has really good graaphics (on par to the PS3)

the 3DS is the new nintendo system, if you ask me the name of the 3DS is pretty self explanatory.

so which are you going to buy, if you are in fact going to buy one?

My trading thread:http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27589

my fc:0561 1373 6911

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:42 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Neither. First, Im not a fan of playstation, no games that interst me. I am a fan of nintendo, but I dont need a game in 3D to enjoy a game, and My Ds lite is still functional and ther is no way I would be able to afford a 3Ds. Add on to the fact that this is the first gen of 3D handheld system, thers gonna be a LOT of problems.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:43 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Despite PSP2 having Final Fantasy and 3DS having Pokemon, I'm not interested in getting either right now.

However, Pokemon takes priority over Final Fantasy and therefore I'll get a 3DS years down the line when Generation VI comes out. Hopefully the price for the system won't be completely and totally ridiculous by that point, too.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:31 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I will not be getting a NGP this year at anything during the year due to me wanting the 3DS more then it as I need a 2nd DS system for reasons I have explained in the past...

I do want a PSP system at some point but I have also heard some things that further stop me from getting a PSP2(NGP) & I don't even know what games are coming out for it unlike with the 3DS so, I will get it down the road as I liked some of the PSP's games that have came out in the past but could never obtain a PSP to play them as it was too expensive then...

I will try to get a 3DS by some means, I need a 2nd DS cause my original model default color DS not only had a cracked screen but was stolen thanks to somebody in the household not paying attention to it when they were borrowing it from me at that time, not the mention the person who stole it wasn't even suppose to be in the house but dumb people do dumb things & she let that person in & didn't watch her while I was unable to do so myself before & after she was let in & as she left, I was handling some things at the time in the attic & whatnot so it was impossible for me to notice that she even left or was in her room lurking, I also need it because of BBSCII & other reasons & blah blah...

I don't like anymore then a couple games on the system but it is certainly enough for me to want 1, plus the DS imo has been the easier system to play games on control pad wise...the PSP had not only 1 analog only, but it had 1 with a very small stick that made it difficult for it to really be useful as a analog stick as the DS while not having 1, didn't even need 1, for better or for worse...

Bottomline, I hope I can get both but my eyes are more focused on the 3DS then the NGP(PSP2) right now...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:55 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

To add to what frost said, the first gen of 3ds is gonna cost an arm an leg. I say this because when i was in Eb games they had asign up stating that if you trade in your DSixl, you'll get $125 off a 3DS (please note that this may be different in different parts of the world, so dont quote me on this). This got me thinking "How much is this thing gonna cost if you DONT have a DSixl?". So yeah, im with frost, ill probably be waitin for the next gen OR when you can only get games for a 3D system.. Until then DS lite all the way.

Last edited by GofD on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:43 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I'd pay an arm and a leg for the 3Ds. Well, I wouldn't use mine though. It's going to be that awesome.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:54 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

wow... Lots of responses quickly,
I saw that the 3DS is going to be 275$ CAN and USD which is currently more then a Wii...
Personnaly im torn between the 2 as the NGP boasts great graphics and some of the best games on the market, the 3DS has some of the most famous game franchises (Mario, Pokemon)

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:34 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yeah...it was announced that it was going to be $249.99 in the US...a fair price considering the competition, it is still alot but at least it isn't $300 which is quite literally an arm & a leg imho, too much for a handheld, period...

Anyone know how much the NGP(PSP2) is going to cost yet?...better not cost more then the PSP when it first came out...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:
I'd pay an arm and a leg for the 3Ds. Well, I wouldn't use mine though. It's going to be that awesome.

Except that the 3D effect it achieves uses a certain film technique to where if you hold it at a wrong angle then the entire screen is blurred.

I don't plan on getting any soon. The 3DS doesn't have enough games coming out for me to warrant getting it, the only game I would want that I know it is going to get is a Resident Evil Mercenaries thing, and I'm not going to justify getting a handheld just for one game. If my DS or PSP conks out on me, then I Might get one. But as it stands I don't want to get either of them, especially since there are games for other systems that I want more than I would want those.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:02 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

shinashu taji wrote:
[color=#8040FF]Except that the 3D effect it achieves uses a certain film technique to where if you hold it at a wrong angle then the entire screen is blurred.

really, where did you see that, if thats the case im leaning towards the NGP.

Lawence Codye wrote:
Yeah...it was announced that it was going to be $249.99 in the US...a fair price considering the competition, it is still alot but at least it isn't $300 which is quite literally an arm & a leg imho, too much for a handheld, period...

Anyone know how much the NGP(PSP2) is going to cost yet?...better not cost more then the PSP when it first came out...

it ill will definitly be more then the 3DS...
wii 250$ ps3 499.99
ds lite 149.99 psp 299.99

so by previous info its probably going to be 300-325$

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:43 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

graah2 wrote:
really, where did you see that, if thats the case im leaning towards the NGP.

it ill will definitly be more then the 3DS...
wii 250$ ps3 499.99
ds lite 149.99 psp 299.99

so by previous info its probably going to be 300-325$

That is definitely the case with the 3D it is supposedly achieving, though you don't have to use the 3D the system gives necessarily so it's fine...

If it is $300 or more, it is not worth getting immediately for me...& I though the PSP started at $249.99, guess I was wrong, meh...

Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Where I live I can say with resonable knowledge that the 3DS will end up putting you back $300, after addictinal fees are added.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:43 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

GofD wrote:
Where I live I can say with resonable knowledge that the 3DS will end up putting you back $300, after addictinal fees are added.

Yeah, the US is 1 of the only places that I know of where it is just $250, I know plenty of places where it is a whooping budget breaking $300 & 1 or 2 places where it is $275 ish...

Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:22 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lawence Codye wrote:
Yeah, the US is 1 of the only places that I know of where it is just $250, I know plenty of places where it is a whooping budget breaking $300 & 1 or 2 places where it is $275 ish...

Yeah, but even that is a little pricey. Like I said befoer Im not jumpin on the 3D bandwagon any time soon. If my DS lite does decide to bite the dust in the near future, I'll be gettin the DSIXL. Its still gonna put me back a bit, but not as much as the 3DS. And I know it wont give me a headache after 10 min of play.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:30 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

True, but considering the tech put into it, I am willing to put that much into it...I unfortunately don't plan to get it anytime soon with all the games that are coming out in March & the game coming out right after Valentine's Day...

Same goes for the NGP though unfortunately...

Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:35 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i would be getting a 3ds except for the fact that it only has a battery life of about 4 hours on average so im just going to wait untill the polished version comes out, so it can actually be used more like a portable, because lets be honest, it may have some outstanding tech but the idea behind these consoles are that they are PORTBABLE gaming systems and with a short battery life they dont live up to their predecessors!!!

Check out my trading forum: http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=31150&p=496756#p496756

Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:24 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Copaman13 wrote:
i would be getting a 3ds except for the fact that it only has a battery life of about 4 hours on average so im just going to wait untill the polished version comes out, so it can actually be used more like a portable, because lets be honest, it may have some outstanding tech but the idea behind these consoles are that they are PORTBABLE gaming systems and with a short battery life they dont live up to their predecessors!!!

Okay, I guess people do travel from state to state or country to country & it does sometimes take longer then the current Battery Life for the Device will be able to hold up but under those circumstances I am sure that they would release some kind of cord, don't really see this getting some kind of authentic battery life when playing 3DS games, 6 hours tops...& to be honest, I am fine with 4 hours as it is not that safe to take your handheld with you certain places as it used to be...

I don't want to wait for a whole new rendition of the system just to get some battery life though that I don't even really need that much, I would prefer that they release some kind of adapter that is wireless & can simply stick say to the battery case area & keep it charged while you are on those long journeys or just simply not able to get to a charger before the battery runs out...

Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:41 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

fair enough lol but for that much money ill save the pennies!! haha XD

Check out my trading forum: http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=31150&p=496756#p496756

Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:32 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Copaman13 wrote:
fair enough lol but for that much money ill save the pennies!! haha XD

Fair enough, just wanted to state my 2 cent on that as it is the first time it has been brought up via this topic, people were really hammering the Battery Life of both consoles on a blog site I visit often when articles announcing the systems came up...same here, times are rough, though in my own case I just need a umm, job...

Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

graah2 I read it in a GameInformer issue that was talking about the 3DS in depth. As far as battery life is concerned its to be expected. You can't have super amazing graphics and a super amazing battery life at the same time. Four hours is a bit short, but it could be a lot worse, a lot lot worse. My advice is wait a bit for the second generation of each console to come out to get one. By that time most of the major kinks should be worked out and it should be better than first gen ones. Look at most of the other consoles, this pattern speaks for itself.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:21 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:
GofD wrote:

In canada (where i am) 250$ plus tax comes to aobut 275$
shinashu taji wrote:
graah2 I read it in a GameInformer issue that was talking about the 3DS in depth. As far as battery life is concerned its to be expected. You can't have super amazing graphics and a super amazing battery life at the same time. Four hours is a bit short, but it could be a lot worse, a lot lot worse. My advice is wait a bit for the second generation of each console to come out to get one. By that time most of the major kinks should be worked out and it should be better than first gen ones. Look at most of the other consoles, this pattern speaks for itself.

i completely agree with that, i intend to wait, kind of like th ds lite...

Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:27 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well, Since I got my Nintendo Wii back in '06 (or '07. I forget), I only ever turned to the PS2 for the Hitman series (I love it) But, Sony consoles are kinda generic, and, In my opinion, whenever Nintendo Break the mold (E.G Wii motion controls) Sony follow (PS move or whatever it's called). I prefer to buy nintendo consoles so the money goes to the right person instead of the one who copies. Think a test. the teacher should give the mark to the nerd instead of the idiot who copies the answers. that's my way of thinking.

THELEGENDARY123: Proud Founder and Owner of the TL channel: Commited to bringing you the BEST pokemon banter of All time. PM thelegendary123 for availible positions!

Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:01 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Since the Price for the 3DS has gone down, Im considering getting one in advance for Gen 6

Check out My Brand New and Improved Trading Centre!!! THE SUPERSTORE IS NOW CLOSED

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:47 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Already have the 3DS. But the only game I have for it is, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. It's really not that great.

I usually use my 3DS just as a replacement for my old one. But with promising games coming out like: Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario and Star Fox 3D, I'm glad I made the purchase.

But I can't believe I paid $250 for it when the price was just lowered :frustrated: ...Anyway, yeah I reccomend getting one. They're pretty cool.

Time Zone: MDT (Mountain Daylight Time)
----------------------------------
Trading Thread
----------------------------------

Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:21 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Did you connect to the E-Shop on time, Azul? If so, You're eligible for the Ambassador Program! Nintendo set up the program to compensate those that bought the system early (like me). It allows members, as of today, to download 10 FREE NES games (I just did) including Super Mario Bros., Metroid, and The Legend of Zelda before they're available to the general public. Later, we'll also get 10 FREE GBA games, NONE of which will be released publicly for download!

I love Nintendo.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next