It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 1875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 75  Next
 Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Q&A [ALL QUESTIONS HERE] 
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
mwb123 wrote:
i am currently training a male RALTS with pokerus and a macho brace im not sure if this is a good idea as far as pokerus i heard it was good but is that considerd cheating just wondering

...what-NO, it's not cheating, just a faster method that you were lucky enough to obtain the ability to use...

& it is, just be sure to understand that the Effort Values from Enemy Pokemon specifically are doubled because of it & with the added effect of Macho Brace goes like this;

{gyarados} gives 2 ATK EVs, then Poke'Rus multiplies this by 2 making it 4 ATK EVs, then finally Macho Brace multiplies that by 2 & you end up getting a whooping 8 ATK EVs from that 1 Gyarados after it is defeated...

In other words = 2(Effort Value) x 2(Poke'Rus) x 2(Macho Brace) = 8 Attack Effort Value Points or 8 ATK EVs...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dangertrout wrote:
yesterday around 5pm then this morning around 10am. i thought the reset would have been at midnight last night.
edit - ok, its officially over 24 hours, she still hates me :(

When you received the ribbon, did you save while you were inside the room, then turned on the game 24+ hours later and tried to get the next ribbon without exiting the room? This may be the cause, but it may not.
This day-based saving problem does affect multiple areas, including allowing you to battle your Rival everyday instead of weekends. Try leaving the room and re-entering.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:43 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ace wrote:
Dangertrout wrote:
yesterday around 5pm then this morning around 10am. i thought the reset would have been at midnight last night.
edit - ok, its officially over 24 hours, she still hates me :(

When you received the ribbon, did you save while you were inside the room, then turned on the game 24+ hours later and tried to get the next ribbon without exiting the room? This may be the cause, but it may not.
This day-based saving problem does affect multiple areas, including allowing you to battle your Rival everyday instead of weekends. Try leaving the room and re-entering.

I didnt save in her house, so thats not it. (flew to jubilife and did the lottery, i should probably turn on the game today and see if the lottery is broken too) its not that big a deal i guess. i have other games with methods of getting the ribbons. it's just annoying that she's right there and not working for whatever reason.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:10 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

OK so I bought an action replay and got the codes for oaks letter, members card and the azure flute. I went to the locations and caught them as if one would do who got the item through the events. My question: would they considered to be "hacked"? (I did nothing to them, no max iv's or stuff like that)

Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

its kind of grey area, since the pokemon themselves are legit, but not the items to get them. when trading on forums you'll generally see a disclaimer along the lines of "wondercard hacked", this way no one feels like they've been deceived.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hmmm ok thanks. Oh yeah, I also had to do chicorita and totodile by AR, If I where to bred them would there offspring be considered..... more legit?

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

again, grey area.. some people consider it legit, some don't. it really depends on who you're dealing with. i looked into the... ethics? of pokemon when i first got diamond, because I received something clearly hacked over the GTS (infernape met at level 100 in a master ball). and there were complete threads dedicated to what is legit and what is cheating, and no one really agreed on how far one could go. from a competitive battling standpoint, i think babies from hacked pokes are considered legit, because the game creates the baby just like it would with any other parent. however i have seen some trade threads out there that flags users with a note of "one or both parents are most likely hacked". to some, even RNG abuse is considered cheating.
As far as I'm concerned, if you care about the legitimacy of the parent pokemon, RNG abuse, cloning or hacked items being used on the pokes you want to trade for... don't trade. in some cases its impossible to tell.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:50 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

hi,i follow the pearl walkthrough and i got a lava cookie instead of a white flute when i gave the suite key to the lady....any idea if this is good bad?is the white flute really useful(eg. incease chance to meet a chansey while trying to get the lucky egg)?

Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:27 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

pokemonEra wrote:
hi,i follow the pearl walkthrough and i got a lava cookie instead of a white flute when i gave the suite key to the lady....any idea if this is good bad?is the white flute really useful(eg. incease chance to meet a chansey while trying to get the lucky egg)?

Only thing that the White Flute does is when it's used, it will make wild pokemon appear more often, this means any & all pokemon...

& yes, I know that in the Gen 4 games, you do get the Lava Cookie instead of the White Flute when giving the Suite Key item to it's proper owner so that would be a good thing in that case though the item isn't really that much more useful so...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:04 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Heres a serious question, i cant seem to connect to wifi with my ds because the settings require a WEP key(my pearl, and ds, theyre old) and my router uses WPA. is there any way to still connect to wifi without changing all the settings on the router?

There is always more time for pokemon.(leaves computer)

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:58 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

TulipOfDeath wrote:
Heres a serious question, i cant seem to connect to wifi with my ds because the settings require a WEP key(my pearl, and ds, theyre old) and my router uses WPA. is there any way to still connect to wifi without changing all the settings on the router?

No...though if you have 2 DS then you don't even need Wi-Fi to send things between them via trade or to go to the Underground & abuse it's multi-player options...

But NO, If you have a router that uses WPA, you cannot connect to anything that requires WEP, sorry...

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

TulipOfDeath wrote:

Changing router settings is not at all difficult. I expect for most routers you just have to change the connection type, which you can change back when you're done with it. That's what I do to use my own Wi-Fi connection. Just make sure you do it when no-one is using their laptops or something to connect to your WPA Wi-fi, because they will be disconnected.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:39 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Dangertrout wrote:
I'm trying t o collect ribbons from Julia in Sunnyshore. She gave me one yesterday, but today she's telling me to tell her another story tomorrow. I know messing around with your DS clock can mess up the daily events, but i haven't touched it. Can maxing the hours on a game screw up the daily events?

Do the Pokemon in your party already have the ribbon she is giving out on that particular day?

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:04 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have 2 questions:

I have defeated the pokemon champ in Sinnoh. So i went to the fight area. Now, i wanna go north, to the survival area, but my Sinnoh pokedex isn't complete yet. I can't find the pokemon with pokedex number 151 and 152. Where do I find those pokemon?

Also i can't go to route 224 (deep into victory road), because the entrance is blocked by a person. How do I get in there?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The Hobbit wrote:
I have 2 questions:

I have defeated the pokemon champ in Sinnoh. So i went to the fight area. Now, i wanna go north, to the survival area, but my Sinnoh pokedex isn't complete yet. I can't find the pokemon with pokedex number 151 and 152. Where do I find those pokemon?

Also i can't go to route 224 (deep into victory road), because the entrance is blocked by a person. How do I get in there?

151 is Manaphy. Go to the Pokemon Mansion on Route 212 and look at the book on Mr. Backlot's desk. It has a picture of Manaphy and it will be recorded in your Pokedex.
152 is Rotom. It is found in the Old Chateau at night time in one of the upstairs room, inside the television.

To get into Route 224/alternate section of Victory Road, you'll need the National Dex (so then you'll need to complete the Sinnoh Dex).

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:56 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thanks!

Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:58 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ok, went to the underground, and spoke to "my friend" 32 times in his hideout, in my hideout, and outside the hideouts! What constitutes actually talking to them 32 times to get my Spiritomb??!!

HeartGold: 4727-0718-7125

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:45 am
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Daemiian wrote:
Ok, went to the underground, and spoke to "my friend" 32 times in his hideout, in my hideout, and outside the hideouts! What constitutes actually talking to them 32 times to get my Spiritomb??!!

Just simply going into their Hideout & pressing talking to them, choosing to at least say hi, 32 separate times, you have to leave their hideout after each time until the 32nd time or it will only count as 1 time...

Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:51 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Of course ther is always the second option of using AR to get you people greeting count up to 32 (if your feeling lazy), or just go to the GTS and trade for one. That(if it's even still working...)

(and completly off topic sweet avatar lawence)

My question-> For the frontier brains do you have unlimited chances to fight them, or is it when you lose to them after 21 battles you have to fight the 48( I think) battles to fight them agiain ( and if you loose to them then can you still battle them)??

Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GofD wrote:
Of course ther is always the second option of using AR to get you people greeting count up to 32 (if your feeling lazy), or just go to the GTS and trade for one. That(if it's even still working...)

(and completly off topic sweet avatar lawence)

My question-> For the frontier brains do you have unlimited chances to fight them, or is it when you lose to them after 21 battles you have to fight the 48( I think) battles to fight them agiain ( and if you loose to them then can you still battle them)??

Um... what do you mean?

Battle Tower: Battle 21 vs. Palmer (Rhyperior, Milotic, Dragonite) for Silver Print. Battle 49 vs. Palmer (Heatran, Cresselia, Regigigas) for Gold Print.

Battle Hall: Battle 50 vs. Argenta (random Pokemon, she always chooses the perfect counters to my Pokemon -_-) for Silver Print. Battle 170 vs. Argenta (random Pokemon, again I wouldn't be surprised if she chooses something like Weavile if you use a pokemon like Garchomp) for Gold Print.

Battle Arcade: Battle 21 vs. Dahlia (Dusknoir, Medicham, Ludicolo) for Silver Print. Battle 49 vs. Dahlia (Zapdos, Blaziken, Togekiss) for Gold Print.

Battle Factory: Battle 21 vs. Thorton (random Pokemon) for Silver Print. Battle 49 vs. Thorton (random Pokemon) for Gold Print).

Battle Castle: Battle 21 vs. Darach (Staraptor, Empoleon, Houndoom) for Silver Print. Battle 49 vs. Darach (Entei, Empoleon, Gallade) for Gold Print.

You can fight them as many times as you want. If you lose or draw at all then you must restart from Battle 1. If you lose to them you have to start again from the beginning as usual.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

OK thanks Ace. Now I just need to figure out how to beat palmers milotic.......

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:17 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

GofD wrote:

A difficult task indeed...

& thanks, I like that avatar better then the other ones I have had in the past...

& lastly, battle 21 & 49 in the Battle Tower of any given streak is ALWAYS going to be a Frontier Brain match against Tower Tycoon Palmer & he always had the same pokemon every time I have fought him, never got to 49 though...

Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GofD wrote:

A Starmie can finish his entire team. 2 Thunderbolts for Milotic, 1 Surf for Rhyperior, 1 Ice Beam for Dragonite. Just try not to let Milotic's Hypnosis hit (if Milotic is Palmer's lead he will probably use Dragon Pulse or Surf, if it's not his lead then it's going to be his last Pokemon, then your other Pokemon can defeat it.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thanks for the advice, unfortunetly I had a second battle battle with palmer and his milotic was first and used hynosis, needless to sya i lost the battle....

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:45 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

@ GofD I used a Gengar with Destiny Bond for his Milotic.

My question: is the DP cloning glitch (in the GTS) only accesible by AR or can it be done cheat-free?

Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 75  Next