It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Legs Challenge 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I was reading the nuzelock challenge, and I wanted to create my own challenge. I wanted to create a different challenge, one that wouldn't be identical. This is harder than you might think. I liked the idea that if a pokemon fainted, it was gone idea, but I didn't wanted to copy. So, here are the rules for the legs challenge

You can only have one pokemon of each type in your team. You cannot have half types either. I mean you cannot have psychic and metal psychic. But you can have psychic or metal psychic.

You can only change pokemon when a pokemon faints. You cannot switch out pokemon during battle if your pokemon has not fainted.

You can only have six pokemon. You can catch as many as you want, but if you level a pokemon up, it becomes part of your party, and you have to use it for the rest of the game.

You can heal, and if a pokemon faints, it is okay, and you can continue using it.

Only pokeballs, no great or ultra.

You have to nickname pokemon.
What do you think of the rules? They are by no means finished, and I would like to hear opinions, please. If anyone attempts, or has any ideas or opinions, please post.

Last edited by LegsCurry on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'll try this on ruby but I'm gonna FAIL just like I did with NUzlocke.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:46 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Thanks!

Ok, please give me heaps of feed back. Fell free to make rules, or change them.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quick question: Can I still catch two pokemon of the same type, but have only one of them on my team?
Example: If I catch a Wailmer and a Feebas, but only train Wailmer, is it legal?

Also, does the "You cannot have half type" mean that I can't have a pokemon with two types, like Blaziken who's Fire/Fighting

Also, should items be affected: like can I buy items, or can I only use ground items, or can I use items AT ALL?

Either way, I'm going to take this challenge! (I'm getting bored of the nuzlocke)

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:22 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Items are good, unless you don't feel challenged enough.

Half types are good, but you cant have two of the same type, so psychic having a half type counts as the pokemon of both of those types. Catch as many as you please, but you can only train six. You can heal.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm starting the challenge on my Ruby game. Right now I'm debating on whether to pick Mudkip or Torchic (I usually pick Torchic, but Mudkip's evolutions have a better movepool.)
Oh and may I suggest some challenges:

1. Your pokemon can only be obtained in REGULAR POKEBALLS, that means no Greatballs, Ultraballs, etc.

2. Again, you should have to nickname all your pokes.

(If you like these rules, can you edit them onto the rules list plz? :) )

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:40 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Nicknaming is not entirely nescacary, because you can heal fainted pokemon. And regular pokebalss is good. I'll add both. And, remember, you can only have one pokemon of each type, so be aware of that.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:47 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Not only am I doing the Legs Challenge but I'm also doing a Red Hot Chili Peppers theme!
Ok just beat Roxanne.
Team so Far
{combusken} Dani ? Level 17
{seedot} Hillel? Level 12

Possibles
{skitty} LosAngeles Level 7

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:27 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

You have only caught three pokemon? Remember, as soon as it is leveled up, you have to use it, but not if you catch it.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I don't like to catch very many pokes in the beggining the only reason I caught skitty was because I never saw one there before

Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:28 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Cool. I bet you caught before the rusturf tunnel, rustbro side.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:25 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Update Not too huge. just about to face May on cycling road.

Dani ? {combusken} lv 20

Hillel ? {nuzleaf} lv 19

Possibles
LosAngeles {skitty} lv 7
Charlie {mawile} lv 11

Any one have any suggestions for a water or flying type? Can't be fire fighting grass or dark but anything else is ok.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:52 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Is it fun? Any harder than the original?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I'm a Keronian hiding on your wall. Poke the wall and find me!
I think it's easier than Nuzelock, but it's better to start on this on then go to the other one when you're done with this. Much better for beginners!

Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:14 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Oh, thats good. Ive created a begginer challenge. Is it fun?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I haven't done it, mainly bacause I already broke all of the rules of it on my FireRed, and that's the only one I'm willing to do challenges on. But keep track of other players, maybe the creator of the Nuzelock might do it (him/her)self.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sorry guys, I haven't had much time to do anything on my Ruby game. Ill tell if I start it up again.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Update NEW MEMBER!!!111!1!!!1111
Just beat Flannery
Dani {combusken} lv 32
Hillel {nuzleaf} lv 26
Yohanna {zangoose} lv24

Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I AM AN EPIC FAIL!
I lost the Legs Challenge How you may ask. A marill I was using as an HM Slave accidentally leveled up (I already had a water type that I was going to add in this update) Anyway I stink and really need to find a challenge I can do.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Maybe you can sort of find a knothole and use that Marill for backup. :wink: AKA put it in PC.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:01 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I already restarted it anyway it was fun but I' not used to making a team where everything it equal.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Awwww poor Marill is gone with the other deleted pixells... But I think I might find the FireRed and start doing this challenge, is certainly looks fun, according to everyone's posts.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

This was pretty easy and fun. I've already done it on my Emerald. It took me three days, as opposed to my Nuzlocke playthrough of around six and a half. This was already said, but this challenge is great for beginners. Maybe I should make my own challenge for the people who find Nuzlocke too easy. I'll start brainstorming right away. Stay tuned, guys!

Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:47 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

You guys seem to like my challenge, thats good. Maybe i should make a harder one? What do you guys think? Harder than nuzlocke. Hmmm.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:54 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm almost done creating the challenge I talked about earlier. I came up with about 250 ideas, but this one seemed to be the absolute hardest I could make it without getting 100% impossible. It requires epic amounts of both skill and luck because I did some calculations. If 10,000 of you tried it, 3.48 people (on average) would succeed. Most of the trouble, however, is based on the luck aspect. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Dude Ultimatum!
The rules are simple:

1. You must NOT play on a Gen. I game. No R/G/B/Y usage. You'll see why in a minute.
2. With the exception of HM Slaves (which must never battle) you may only HAVE two Pokemon. You can't catch more and shove them in your box. The first must be your starter. The second must be the first SHINY Pokemon you see in the game. (This is where luck comes in.)
3. In the Options area of your menu, there is an option between Shift and Set in battles. You must choose Set. It automatically makes it impossible to switch out your Pokemon until they faint. You can't be tempted.
4. Keep a tally sheet. Because of your lack of Pokemon, your Pokemon can faint without being considered "killed" like in the Nuzlocke Challenge. However, it is considered "injured," which is another thing entirely. Your most recently "injured" Pokemon that has been healed from its injuries must sit out of the next two battles, no matter what they are, to "recuperate." Also, your Pokemon can be "injured" ten times before being considered "killed." You'll need a tally sheet to keep track when your Pokemon faints.
5. You can only use Ultra Balls. "Why Ultra Balls?" you ask. "Are you sparing us from a little bit of torture, making it slightly easier to catch Pokemon?" First of all, you can only catch one Pokemon in the game: the first Shiny you see. So yeah, it's a small form of relief. Second of all, if you see your first Shiny BEFORE you get your first Ultra Ball, you're screwed. You can't catch it, and you won't be allowed to catch another.
6. As if this wasn't bad enough, you aren't allowed to evolve your Pokemon.
7. Just to make sure of the last rule, the only hold item you're allowed to give to your Pokemon are Everstones.
8. No TM's or HM's for your Pokemon (except for HM Slaves). Sorry. Also, no trades allowed. At all. No exceptions.

There are a couple of things that could happen that haven't been discussed.

1. If your starter is Shiny, your second Pokemon could be ANYTHING. As long as you catch it with an Ultra Ball, you're good.
2. If you're playing B/W, you are required in the game to Highlight to view spoiler.
catch Reshiram or Zekrom. You, obviously, must catch it, but it's never allowed to be used.
3. If you're playing B/W, there is only one time in the entire game you must use an HM. You must teach that HM to your starter (as you haven't gotten any Ultra Balls yet for sure). This gets rid of the need for HM Slaves. Tepig, however, can't learn Cut, so you can catch an HM Slave who can.
4. If you encounter a trainer who has a Shiny Pokemon before you see your first one in the wild, don't worry. Trained Shiny Pokemon don't count, so you still have a chance.

That's the Dude Ultimatum (well, at least Version I), and it makes Nuzlocke look easy. DO NOT TRY THIS IF YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS! It's the biggest challenge you will ever face in your life.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next