It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Help with Breeding! 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I was wondering if there was a specific way to breed for IVs/nature or does it depend on luck? I am desperate to get my IVs right.....

Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:42 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

If one of the parents is holding a power item then the baby will inherit the parents IV that corresponds to that stat. For example, one of the parents is holding the Power Weight. When the baby is hatched it will have the same HP IVs as the parent that was hold it. If the mother is holding an everstone when you breed it, the baby has a 50% chance of inheriting the mother's nature.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:47 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yea but to get the IVs to the parent is hard isn't it?

Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:10 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
rtyk1 wrote:
Yea but to get the IVs to the parent is hard isn't it?

Just catch a copy of the Pokemon you want to breed with at least 31 IVs in a single stat or 2 & then breed it with another pokemon that you either also caught with at least 1 other 31 IV stat or just another pokemon at all...Once you get that IV or 2 onto the baby Pokemon, either repeat the process but this time using the baby pokemon as 1 of the parents & then proceed to soft reset until the IVs come out the way you want them or just stick with the Baby Pokemon as is...

To answer your question, NO it is not any harder to get the IVs to the parent if you breed for them first, then use them to breed the pokemon you will eventually use or whatever...

When breeding, get the moves you want onto the baby pokemon immediately without thinking about anything else, then work on Nature, & finally IVs...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]