It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Battle tower pokemon choosing strategy. 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

3rd pokemon, agron, or bastion, because he steel rock type works well, type wise.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

LegsCurry wrote:
If you mean the fail magnezone, I was going to replace him wihh salamance, with Double team, substitute, a decent attacking move and another move. And how would I be able to get latiasin the first place?

Why are you using Double team when he has access to Dragon Dance? Latias/Latios can be obtained in HeartGold and SoulSilver as a roaming Pokemon and as a stationary Pokemon through Enigma Stone event activation.

LegsCurry wrote:
Outrage and drake meteor, maybe? Maybe not drake meteor. I have emerald, but I think I chose latios.

Outrage and Earthquake. You can try Roost over Earthquake, but I don't know how that will turn out.

LegsCurry wrote:
Should ivs be taken into account, because they are just annoying.

Yes, because they affect level 50 stat points.

LegsCurry wrote:
3rd pokemon, agron, or bastion, because he steel rock type works well, type wise.

They are too slow and will get Earthquaked too often.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:19 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Not earthquake or roost, other people have done that, I want to be an individual! And in which game soulsiler or heart gold do I get latias? What should be my third pokemon, but I think I can teach agron magnet rise.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:23 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

LegsCurry wrote:
Not earthquake or roost, other people have done that, I want to be an individual! And in which game soulsiler or heart gold do I get latias? What should be my third pokemon, but I think I can teach agron magnet rise.

There are hardly any options that will grant you such good coverage with Outrage for Salamence. Earthquake and Roost are the best two options.
Latias roams HeartGold.
Don't bother AT ALL with Magnet Rise. It's just a complete waste of time and it's not good at all.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:40 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I have soul silver, so I'll have to use gal lade. Why do you hate magnet rise so much. You said earthquake will kill agron, and magnet rise will prevent that. What 3rd pokemon would you suggest?

Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:59 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

What should the main stat be in my third pokemon, defense, attack, speed?

Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:17 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

The best all around pokemon is slacking, apparently.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:30 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Steel psychic also works well with my team, so metagross or bronzing would be good also. So bronzing do you think?

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:40 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

A Bronzong with substitute, calm mind, hypnosis, and a strong move. Hmm?

Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:05 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Extrasensory! It's a special attack so it works with calm mind.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:51 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Salamence with earthquake, substitute, outrage and dragon dance. What do you think, gal lade, salamence and bronzong.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

LegsCurry wrote:
I have soul silver, so I'll have to use gal lade. Why do you hate magnet rise so much. You said earthquake will kill agron, and magnet rise will prevent that. What 3rd pokemon would you suggest?

And what about Fighting-types? You'll need your moveslots for more useful moves because you'll want to boost as many of your stats as you can.

LegsCurry wrote:
What should the main stat be in my third pokemon, defense, attack, speed?

Your third should be a fast booster (so mainly Pokemon with moves like Dragon Dance and Swords Dance to switch in on status moves/stat-boosting moves that were locked in by Trick.

LegsCurry wrote:
The best all around pokemon is slacking, apparently.

Can he boost his stats? He also has low Special Defense (like, base 65 I think) and you want Pokemon with all-around high base defenses. Attacking stats don't matter as much since your Pokemon really don't care when they are fully boosted.

LegsCurry wrote:
A Bronzong with substitute, calm mind, hypnosis, and a strong move. Hmm?

Not Hypnosis. Try Iron Defense instead, because when fully boosted you'll have Defense, Special Attack and Special Defense all multiplied by four - the stats that matter.

LegsCurry wrote:
Extrasensory! It's a special attack so it works with calm mind.

No, because Dark-types will give you problems. A Steel-type attack would be better since it gets boosted by same-type attack bonus and no Pokemon is immune to it.

LegsCurry wrote:
Salamence with earthquake, substitute, outrage and dragon dance. What do you think, gal lade, salamence and bronzong.

That Salamence sounds good. Give the team a go, but I'd probably only breed for maybe 2 perfect IVs since you don't want to waste too much time on a team that might fail. If it works, rebreed it for better IVs.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:44 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Thanks! I might give my salamence roost, what would I get rid of? Earthquake or outrage.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:06 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

LegsCurry wrote:
Thanks! I might give my salamence roost, what would I get rid of? Earthquake or outrage.

Earthquake because if you only have a Ground attack, then Flying-types will give you problem. So keep Outrage if you intend to use Roost.

What items do you intend to use? Leftovers is good for Bronzong and Lum Berry is good for Salamence, and of course you'll be Tricking a Choice Scarf onto the opponent so Gallade would have to use Choice Scarf.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:13 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

You think leftovers? Cool.

Ok, my pokemon

Gallade

Charm
Thunderwave
Flash
Trick

Choice scarf

Nature?

Evs speed, and hp or defense.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:35 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Salamence,

Outrage
Roost
Dragondance
Substitute

Lum berry

Nature?

Evs, attack and ?.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:11 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Bronzong

Leftovers

Calm mind
Iron defense
Substitute
Flash cannon

Nature?

Evs?

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:16 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The Gallade is good. Bold nature probably.
Salamence's moveset is good too. Adamant and Attack and Speed EVs.
Bronzong is good too. Try Calm, with full EVs in HP and EVs to balance defense and special defense.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:51 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Sweet. Ok, different abilities. Both gal lade and bronzing have different abilities choices. Gallade has synchronize or one that gives him the abilities of the opponent. Bronzong has either levitate or fire proof, witch cuts fire moves in half. I would go with not synchronize and levitate? And, I know how to get the gallade. Now I just have to breed the right nature and ivs.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

LegsCurry wrote:
Sweet. Ok, different abilities. Both gal lade and bronzing have different abilities choices. Gallade has synchronize or one that gives him the abilities of the opponent. Bronzong has either levitate or fire proof, witch cuts fire moves in half. I would go with not synchronize and levitate? And, I know how to get the gallade. Now I just have to breed the right nature and ivs.

You can try either ability on Gallade, but just remember that if you lock an opponent into a status move such as Will-O-Wisp, they will get burned and lose health, cutting the time you have to boost your stats. Trace may be the better option due to that. For Bronzong, use Levitate because your Trick lead, Gallade, is not immune to Ground-type attacks.

Don't spend too long on the breeding. You don't know if the team will work yet.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:20 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Should I bother with iv breeding if the team might not work?

Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

LegsCurry wrote:
Should I bother with iv breeding if the team might not work?

You can try, but I think nature and EVs are most important. Like I said, if it works, then rebreed it for better IVs. If it gets to about 70 wins then you should rebreed it for better IVs. If not then try create another team.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:39 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Do you want a ralts? I have 7. Damn you nature breeding! I'll tell you when/if I get the right nature.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

LegsCurry wrote:
Do you want a ralts? I have 7. Damn you nature breeding! I'll tell you when/if I get the right nature.

Use an Everstone and a Ditto of the right nature. Oh and I have all the Pokemon so no, I don't need it.

Anyway, some general tips on using Trick teams:

* if the Pokemon you're facing could pose a threat, consult the list of battle tower sets on Psypoke
* if your opponent is a PI and you think it has a one-hit KO move (Fissure, Sheer Cold, Guillotine or Horn Drill) then you should use Thunder Wave. If they are a Ground-type (will probably use Fissure), then you should Trick. As you can see, it would be easier to simply avoid those one-hit KO moves by using something immune to ground (e.g. Togekiss, Latias, Mesprit).
* your opponents in the battle tower ALWAYS get very very lucky. 10+ turn freezes. lots of consecutive critical hits. All of those will cause problems, as they would for any team. Remember that substitute blocks freezes.

Good luck.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:44 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I got bold nature! Ok, at level ten, rare candies, it hs these ivs,

Hp, 4-13

Attack, 30-31

Defense, 0-9

Spec attack, 20-29

Spec defense, 10-19

Speed, 30-31