It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Code Yellow! 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I've been replaying Yellow recently (mostly to help finish my Red Pokedex), and so far I've taken a really long time training all of my Pokemon so that they are within two levels of each other most of the time. I've gotten to Cerulean City, obtained the Cascadebadge and beaten the Rocket (everything you can do on the first run-through of Cerulean), and fixed Bill. My Pikachu is extremely happy to see me, jumping off the ground every time I "ask" it. But the lady who healed Bulbasaur still won't give up the Grass starter. What is wrong?

I'm going to guess I need to go a little bit further, and come back from Vermilion for the Bicycle or something, but I thought you could get Bulbasaur right away, so why haven't I been able to?

Help greatly appreciated, because I'd rather get it before leaving Cerulean to catch more Pokemon en route to Vermilion.

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Make sure Pikachu is at full health, buy a potion. Give him the potion and it'll say something like "it had no effect." Repeat this 20 times, then talk to the Bulbasaur lady again. It sounds ridiculous, yes, but believe me, it works. :) This is how I get Bulby every time in my game (and Bulbasaur is my favorite starter besides Pikachu ;))

I hope that helped you my friend. :) If you still need help just ask away and I will be more than happy to help you with whatever dilemma you may have! :D

Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Thanks for the suggestion, Krisp. I've never seen him give me the heart symbol before! :P

And the good news is... it WORKED! Now I don't have to worry about it on my (only) return trip to Cerulean! Thank you so much!

Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but I just noticed that Bulby comes at Lv. 10, yet Charmander before it was at Lv. 5. Why is that?

Figured I would try and spur some discussion in this forum on an otherwise useless topic. Thanks again for the solution!

Writers' Challenge

Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

I'm happy it worked; enjoy your Bulbasaur! ;) Best starter ever!

I'm just wondering, but are you going to use the "Mew code" to get Mew? If so, it would probably be a wise idea to skip the trainer with the Slowpoke on the cape. If you already beat him, no problem, you can fight any random trainer to activate the glitch, it just requires some logical thinking. :) If you don't know how to get Mew I'll be happy to help! :D

^_^ -Krisp- ^_^

Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:29 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

To save myself lots of time (and a severe headache from thinking about it), I'll just trade in the Mew that I already have in my now-completed Red and Blue versions. Gets it out of the way.

One random question that I foresee now however, will Squirtle be at Lv. 15 when I get it? I'd rather it be at a lower level, because then I have more time to train it...

Writers' Challenge

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:58 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

AEP: Master Trainer wrote:
To save myself lots of time (and a severe headache from thinking about it), I'll just trade in the Mew that I already have in my now-completed Red and Blue versions. Gets it out of the way.

One random question that I foresee now however, will Squirtle be at Lv. 15 when I get it? I'd rather it be at a lower level, because then I have more time to train it...

you do get squirtle at fushia city though!

anyways- i have an orginal pokemon yellow version for gameboy :D

so after i finish my training for the Gen. 3 tourney ill play through it before starting Gen5!

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:18 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

You get him at Vermilion, not Fuchsia. :)

Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:37 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

And you have to beat Lt. Surge before Officer Jenny gives it to you. I just hope it's not too high-leveled. Squirtle was my first ever Starter, and to not get it but for a level would be disappointing...

On another crisis-related note, I somehow made the bonehead choice on a fossil, and got the wrong one, so I need to figure out how to get a Kabuto for completion...

Writers' Challenge

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:28 am
Profile YIM WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

If you need him for completion, I suggest doing the "Mew Trick" (which works for any Pokemon.)

Apparently Kabuto's decimal is 90, so just use that instead of 21! :)

Be sure you don't battle all the trainers though; leave some south of Lavender Town, especially the fisherman that triggers the glitch.

If you don't want to "cheat" you can also go the Pokemon Stadium route. I recall winning Kabuto as a prize there for completing gym leader castle (you can complete it multiple times.) :)

Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Krisp wrote:
You get him at Vermilion, not Fuchsia. :)

you are very right!

:O Silly, silly, stupid mistake. xD

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]