It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Mauville gym 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I need some major help. I've been trying for almost a week now and I just can't do it.

My Party:

Pelipper - lvl 26 - Steel wing, water gun, protect, wing attack - no item

Gulpin - lvl 13 - Pound, yawn, poison gas - quick claw

Kirlia - lvl 20 - Teleport, Confusion, double team, thief - Blackglasses

Aron - lvl 21 - roar, metal claw, mud-slap, headbutt - no item

Electrike - lvl 16 - Tackle, thunder wave, leer, howl - macho brace

Grovyle - lvl 21 - Fury cutter, rock tomb, absorb, quick attack - no item

I can get past his magnemite but it usually takes my aron or pelipper. his electrode takes my grovyle with self-destruct usually. magneton destroys everything else which is why i put it to sleep with gulpin's yawn when i can.

please help! this is one of my first time playing with a grass starter and its not working out too well so please help if you can.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:28 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Gulpin sucks majorly, don't use him. Ditch him for someone else. I say this because I've actually USED one before, I found a shiny Gulpin after the second badge and tried to use him during the story.

Electrike SUCKS too. Don't use him.

Why does Krila not have Calm Mind? That's a key move in Gardevoir's moveset - I stomped on many of the Hoenn gym leaders with Confusion/Psychic + Calm Mind.

Pelipper and Groyvle will do you no good in this battle. Magneton will laugh at Krila as it resists psychic.

Go back to Granite Cave and catch a Geodude and Makuhita. Geodude totally resists electric 100% and Makuhita is a fighting Pokemon, one of Magneton's few weaknesses. Both Geodude and Makuhita learn good moves at very low levels, so you don't have to grind as much to learn them.

Absolutely ditch Gulpin and Electrike though; both pokemon are terrible, especially shiny Gulpin! :P If you want a poison that doesn't suck, catch a Zubat. Electric is kinda screwed in Hoenn though, but Raichu isn't awful like Mantetric, so...

Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Also black glasses dont help kirlia much. yes it has theif, but not really not all that useful. My advice, evolve a few of your pokes first, I suggest Aaron first. other than that go with what krisp said.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:30 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well i had electrike to train for the elite for so i could have a strong electric but its really not working out...and Gulpin to yawn at Magneton...i had a sableye and ive caught a makuhita now...looking for a geodude. its gunna take quite a bit of training but hopefully itll get me there. i'll post another update soon.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:26 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

if you had traded for the makuhita in rustboro you could get multipied experience.

which i did and i won easily...

My trading thread:http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27589

my fc:0561 1373 6911

Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:05 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Train all your people to the highest level of the badge. Electrike doesn't suck, and I have a gardovoir without calm mind. It's not just the moves that effect the battle. The levels should be high or it will be difficult. Also, work out tactics. I battled lance in SS 8-9 times before I beat him, because I knew what he would do. Usually they follow the same pattern.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:05 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I don't really know but the gps says to make a illegal u-turn I wonder if it's a bug type
Do some serious training battle unfought trainers and every wild pokemon you see kill unless important the goal is to have every single one of your pokes 1 or more levels higher also use tms that you won't use for the rest of the game on this one gym or just have one overleveled pokes let your weaker pokes go first and when all of them faint sweep his team

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:04 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Krisp wrote:
Gulpin sucks majorly, don't use him. Ditch him for someone else. I say this because I've actually USED one before, I found a shiny Gulpin after the second badge and tried to use him during the story.

Electrike SUCKS too. Don't use him.

Why does Krila not have Calm Mind? That's a key move in Gardevoir's moveset - I stomped on many of the Hoenn gym leaders with Confusion/Psychic + Calm Mind.

Pelipper and Groyvle will do you no good in this battle. Magneton will laugh at Krila as it resists psychic.

Go back to Granite Cave and catch a Geodude and Makuhita. Geodude totally resists electric 100% and Makuhita is a fighting Pokemon, one of Magneton's few weaknesses. Both Geodude and Makuhita learn good moves at very low levels, so you don't have to grind as much to learn them.

Absolutely ditch Gulpin and Electrike though; both pokemon are terrible, especially shiny Gulpin! :P If you want a poison that doesn't suck, catch a Zubat. Electric is kinda screwed in Hoenn though, but Raichu isn't awful like Mantetric, so...

Krisp,

I absolutely don't believe that Electrike actually sucks because I have used it plenty of times (even though it evolves into one of my favorite pokemon(s), Manectric, it was a fantastic fighter on my team. :)

[Current Pokemon Sapphire Team]

---

⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Okay,here are some issues with your team.
1.Your highest leveled Pokemon is a Pelipper. Now,it's your choice what Pokemon you use, but it is a Flying/Water type. Electric Pokemon will destroy it.
2. If you lose Grovyle to Self-Destruct, then don't switch it in. Use another Pokemon that you can afford to lose.
3. Your Electrike only offensive move is tackle, which is not going to help. Get some different moves on that Pokemon.
4.Once again, your team is your choice. But seriously, get rid of the Gulpin. Just use a different Pokemon. In my experiences, they have been useless.
5.Level up your Pokemon. That's the best tip I can give you.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]