It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next
 Nuzlocke Challenge 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Even worse than FireRed rut. But I'm going to try to make it anyway!
Name: Zlad
Badges: 5

Pokemon:

{infernape} Champ Lv36 Bashful
Mach Punch
Close Combat
Flame Wheel
Taunt

{togepi} Pete Lv14 Serious
Growl
Charm
Metronome
Sweet Kiss

{buneary} Snooki Lv37 Gentle
Dizzy Punch
Jump Kick
Grass Knot
Cut

{croagunk} Finder Lv25 Bashful
Pursuit
Faint Attack
Revenge
Swagger

{staravia} Galvestona Lv24 Lax
Wing Attack
Double Team
Endeavor
Whirlwind

{zubat} Scav Lv8 Impish
Leech Life
Supersonic
Fly
---

Fallen:

{budew} Buddy Lv23 -Died by a critical-hit Psybeam from Mismagius at the Ghost Gym. Avenged by Illinois.
{bidoof} Derp Lv8 -Was casual against a rival
{staraptor} Illinois Lv36 -Died against CRASHER WAKE!!!
{machoke} Kidd Lv32 -Died against CRASHER WAKE!!!
{floatzel} Weabu Lv32 -Died by Leafeon business
{bronzor} Neil Lv14 -Died against CRASHER WAKE!!!
{zubat} Zuzan Lv23 -Died against CRASHER WAKE!!!
{roselia} Thorn Lv22 -Died by Rival

Box:

{wurmple} Picket Lv13
{zubat} Loose Lv5 Hardy

You might have noticed... Most of my team has died. Some very valuable members. It was quite a slaughter, and I am very sad... I wish I would have recorded the fight, oh my. I'm just glad (and sort of surprised) that my grinding was not fruitless for Snooki and that I get to keep my starter. In any case, I have a lot of grinding to do.

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Bad news time:

DEATHS:

Pointytops {beedrill} lvl 30- Died by gettin confused and then followed by a super critical wing attack... at siplh Co.
Furry fists {primeape} lvl 30- Died by a selfdestruct from a voltorb with 1 Hp left.

They have been replaced by Ghostball? {gastly} and manyfaces {eevee}. So now instead of takin on the rockets at Silph Co. Ill be trying ot get these two up to par and hunting down a thunder stone....

Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:40 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

[color=olive]Man, there's been a lot of deaths lately. o.O"

The rules I am using are on page 19 with extended rules on page 20.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Trainer Card

ID No. 62608
Name Kaoru
Badges 7
Money

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Last edited by Kaori Sakura on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:09 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hey guys I GAME OVER'd. I was killed by an Ace Trainer duo while attempting to train. They were just too strong and the wrong types and I whited out.

So, since this challenge is just so fun, I'm restarting on FireRed with Squirtle again. I'll put my first update here!

Let's go. :D

Name: Cid
Badges: 1

{squirtle} Alamo Lv15 Hasty
Tackle
Tail Whip
Water Gun
Withdraw

{pidgey} Nikolai Lv13 Impish
Tackle
Sand Attack
Gust
Quick Attack

{beedrill} Equality Lv10 Calm
Poison Sting
String Shot
Harden
Fury Attack

{mankey} Skuzi Lv10 Brave
Scratch
Leer
Low Kick
---

{nidoranM} Royal Lv11 Sassy
Peck
Leer
Focus Energy
---

{zubat} Corteur Lv7 Docile
Leech Life
Astonish
---
---

FireRed take two is going excellently so far. No deaths yet. Beat Brock with no troubles and I've got a good variety of Pokemon. Except that 4 out of the 6 are weak to Psychic. Oh well.

About to enter Mt Moon after getting everyone to 16. Wish me luck!

~A haiku

Last edited by LeoTheLion on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

LeoTheLion wrote:
Hey guys I GAME OVER'd. I was killed by an Ace Trainer duo while attempting to train. They were just too strong and the wrong types and I whited out.

So, since this challenge is just so fun, I'm restarting on FireRed with Squirtle again. I'll put my first update here!

Let's go. :D

Oh wow. o.o Sorry to hear that you GO'd. But, I am glad to see that you're still with us here. ^-^ Keep on truckin'!

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:19 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It always gets to a point where you pushed the pokes too far. Usually when I have trouble with a battle (clair for example in HGSS) I always train extra hard after.

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:26 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Part 1 of my super adventure is complete. Kanto is next and unforunately one of my party members won't be joining me. Static got Ko'd by Lance's aerodactyl attempting to get a supercharged discharge off. Through all five battles I only managed to use five pokes or less in each battle. Fawkes, Static, and Flare got Will. Flare, Screech and Camonen got Koga. Screech, Camonen and Fawkes got Bruno. Camonen, Flare, Cpt. Happy, Fawkes and Static got Karen. And finally Static, Cpt. Happy and Camonen got Lance. How'd I beat Lance with three pokes? Well, I quickly KO'd gyarados with discharge from Static, and Cpt. Happy and Camonen took care of Lance's first Dragonite and Cpt. Happy blew out the other two. Camonen got Charizard and also Aerodactyl after Static got hit with a rockSlide setting up for a 240 BP discharge, which probably could've swept the whole damn elite four if I used PP Ups. I am posting from my Droid right now, so forgive me for grammar and other stupid mistakes. I won't play further until I get a proper update up in the next few days and a full update from where I was before.

current party in HG:
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

--------------------------------
Vs. Rival Greene (@ Cerulean City)

My Alamo meets his Pidgeotto - the two are evenly matched. They spar a bit, and Alamo takes the bird out, but not after being knocked down to critical health. Bulbasaur is out next, so I send out Nikolai. Two flaps of the wing and a Quick Attack and the plantimal is out, with Niko barely scratched. Next he puts out his Abra who meets my Corteur. The n00b tries to Teleport while Zubat is chomping on him, and Abra faints. Out next is his Ratatta, and I switch out to Skuzi, who makes Chop Suey (LOLOLOL) out of the rodent. The smug smirk had been wiped off of Greene's mug.

Vs. Misty

Niko is my first, and Staryu hers. Niko keeps Gusting in between Staryu's recovers. Staryu eventually faints. To face the oncoming Starmie, I send out my best: Corteur, who is now a Golbat. Two Bites and Starmie is gone - leaving me the victor and winner of my second badge.

~A haiku

Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
FORGIVE ME, FOR I HAVE CHEATED. Yes. i got swept by archie. I continued on. Then Flannery. I continued. I hunted for a Corphish even though it wasn't a first pokemon. Combusken soon got killed by a Breloom, and my concience took over. I finally did what I should've and restarted. I promise I won't cheat this time. :cry:

Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Meh, its ok Edoc'sil, you did in the end restart and you did post saying that you cheated, so no biggie.

As for me, I havent been playing latley because:

A- Working on breeding a gastly with explosion cause I cant get a TM 64 and teach it to my bronzong.

B-TRYING TO FIX MY ************************************************** WIFI THAT WONT LET ME TRADE WITH PEOPLE UNLESS ITS THE GTS!

(sorry for the mass of *, I am having a heck of a time trying to get it to work)

Im am still working on ghostball? {gastly} and manyfaces {eevee}. Ill probably try anf get them to lvl 30 before taking on the rockets at Silph. Co... Until next time later, MUAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:16 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
On my new file, current team is
ZOMFG- {mudkip} -level 9
Marx- {poochyena} -level 4

Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:08 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Just a wee little update...

Evolved
Ghostball? {gastly} has evolved into shadowclaw {haunter}

Caught:
mcsleepfat {snorlax} lvl 30- infront og the place before cycling road..

Still grinding.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

No proper update anytime soon, something screwed up my internet (THANK YOU COMCAST! You dips*its) and knocked my internet out until further notice. My last 8 posts on this site have been on my Droid2, which absolutely hates this site beyond belief, and can't do anything more than tell you this. I got platinum for christmas, which lead me to drop my magikarp challenge and play through platinum all day, and one of the first things I did was trade over Watkin (growlithe @ Lv. 22) and an onix @ Lv. 6 to get steelix. I haven't progressed much further in HG other than beating about every trainer in Kanto except for the gym leaders and I'm also playing a lot of the pokeathlon events to get heart scales for my reworking of Fawkes the honchkrow. I want to trade over a rotom also so I can get either a fan, wash or mow rotom for platinum because I can't get the secret key due to the lack of internet connection and the fact that no one I know plays hardcore pokemon. Maybe I could invest in an action replay or something stupid like that...

current party in HG:

Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:33 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

UPDATE:

Deaths- shadowclaw {haunter} lvl 27- got confusd and then hit by a wing attack..

Ok, I beat giovanni at Silph... at least I did before I relized just now that I didnt save before turning my Ds off... so im actually outside the rom to battle giovanni... Guess I got to beat him, again.

Line up:

reaper rat {raticate} lvl 40 impish nature, ability=Guts
108/81/75/50/68/111
superfang/ hyperfang/ cut/ focus energy

Deathcon 1 {charizard} lvl 46 serious nature, ability= blaze
134/93/97/114/89/128
wing atttack/ slash/ flamethrower/ metal claw

{gyarados} lvl 33 hardy nature, ability= intimidate
106/93/63/50/77/74
dragon rage/ tackle/ bite/ water pulse

Mcsleepfat {snorlax} lvl 30 quiet nature, ability= immunity
145/76/47/53/79/20
headbutt/ yawn/ snore/ rest

manyfaces {eevee} lvl 25 impish nature, ability=run away
70/33/34/27/42/36
helping hand/ sand attack/ growl/ quick attack

silentkill {arbok} lvl 32 gentle nature, ability=shed skin
80/74/46/54/62/78
wrap/ glare/ poison sting/ bite

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:09 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I beat Roxanne, and had a few deaths and captures, and one evolution.

Eli {whismur} level 8, Rusturf tunnel
ZOMFG {marshtomp} level 17
Aviator {taillow} level 12, route 104
Deaths
Amelia {taillow} level 4- I think it died from a critical... something. =/
Marx {poochyena} level 6- Died from a Bide

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:26 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Finally I can get an update in. Nothing new in terms of my party, except for the fact I'm still missing Static the Ampharos.

I'm still running around Kanto bating every trainer except for the gyms leaders, and then I'll run through the Elite Four until my team is about Lv. 60.

Name (Poke) Lv.
Ability
Nature
HP/Atk/Def/Sp. Atk/Sp. Def/Spd
Moveset
---------------------------------------

Fawkes {honchkrow} Lv. 50
Super Luck
Brave Nature

167/163/74/128/60/90
Faint Attack|Taunt|Mean Look|Wing Attack

Screech {crobat} Lv. 50
Inner Focus
Jolly Nature

157/102/87/108/171
Cross Poison|Confuse Ray|Fly|Bite

Cpt.Happy {quagsire} Lv. 52
Water Absorb
Rash Nature

175/112/110/111/72/71
Surf|Earthquake|Ice Beam|Amnesia

Camonen {sudowoodo} Lv. 52
Rock Head
Docile Nature

135/126/150/60/83/60
Wood Hammer|Hammer Arm|Rock Slide|Double Edge

Flare {typhlosion} Lv. 53
Blaze
Bold Nature

155/102/127/141/107/136
Double Edge|Swift|Defense Curl|Flame Thrower

My team has leveled up some from when I beat Lance in the Elite Four. After I beat them and I was wandering through Kanto and Baoba clled and said I had more items for the safari. I decided to go poaching for a cubone and I managed to find one at Lv. 17 with a Thick Club and Brave Nature. It joined my party for about a week and gained up to Lv 26 and then I boxed it because I didn't really want a ground type and it wasn't all too useful. i have no idea who I want to add to my team since all the pokes that i really wanted to use are dead.

current party in HG:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:30 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wow you're getting far, B'Mac! Good luck with the Elite Four!
Name: Cid
Badges: 3

{wartortle} Alamo Lv24 Hasty
Mega Punch
Bite
Water Gun
Withdraw

{pidgeotto} Nikolai Lv23 Impish
Tackle
Sand Attack
Gust
Quick Attack

{nidoking} Royal Lv28 Sassy
Peck
Dig
Thrash
Double Kick

{golbat} Corteur Lv24 Docile
Bite
Thief
Supersonic
Wing Attack

{spearow} Sauce Lv17 Timid
Peck
Leer
Growl
Fury Attack

{ekans} Lv15 Serious
Bite
Leer
Poison Sting
Wrap

Dead:

{beedrill} Equality Lv10 -Hit with a critical hit while grinding.
{mankey} Skuzi Lv16 Misjudged a Spearow's Peck and it took him out of comission.
{meowth} Cinnamon Lv10 -Hit with a critical hit from a Rattata outside Cerulean.

Grinding, grinding, grinding. Getting my team up to around 22 before heading into Rock Tunnel. Had a couple of casualties, but no major losses yet. Wish me luck!

Lt Surge Battle: Diggin' a hole! Diggin' a hole! Nobody scratched Royal. Good fight!

~A haiku

Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I still have a while... I'm still going to face The Elite four in first encounter mode.

current party in HG:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:21 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Update-

Deaths- Deathcon 1 {charizard} lvl 46 wsa rock blasted to deth bt giovannis ryhorn.... was replaced iwth flybirdfly{pidgey}.

Ok so I managed to beat giovanni again and remembered to save this time. Unfortuently I wasnt paying attention and I lost my starter. Thats all for now cause Ive been playin golden sun: dark dawn a lot, along with workin on my platinum game. SO im not sure hwne the next update will come.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:39 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Time for the most epic uupdate this thread will ever see!!!

...I have made no progress since my last update. Pokemon Platinum can be SOOOOOOO addicting, especially when you get a magnezone, an arcanine, an espeon and a magmar in the span of an hour. non nuzlocke game, btw. And guess who the arcanine is??? It's my watkin
{growlithe} from my HG nuzlocke! I traded him as a growlithe cause I wanted one and I wouldn't use him in HG because I couldn't find a fire stone, so I traded him.

current party in HG:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:57 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Havn't updated in a while so here is a mass update:

I'm playing in Diamond version.

I beat Candice, then my Penguin owned Volkner, his Spec Def is just so high that all the super effective moves didn't matter.

I'm in front of the Elite 4. Time for hardcore training.

So, here are all my pokes: (in no order at all)
Code:
Name:
Route caught:
Level caught:
Current Level:
How it Died:

{piplup}, {prinplup}, {empoleon} Penguin
Lake Verity
lvl 5
lvl 52
N/A

{bidoof} Lozer
Route 202
lvl 3
lvl 3
Died by wild {geodude} in Oreburgh Mine

{kricketot} Kricky
Route 204
lvl 4
lvl 4
Died by Roark's {cranidos}

{shellos}, {gastrodon} Slimy
Valley Windworks
lvl 9
lvl 31
N/A

{buizel} Tails
Route 205
lvl 10
lvl 24
N/A

{silcoon}, {beautifly} Flutty
Eterna Forest
lvl 10
lvl 30
Died by Rival's {heracross} at the Elite 4 entrance

{geodude} Rockster
Route 211
lvl 13
lvl 15
Died by Scientist Travon's {kadabra} in Team Galactic's Headquarters (Eterna City)

{zubat} Batty
Route 208
lvl 16
lvl 16
Died by Crasher Wake's {gyarados}

{bronzor} MetalMan
Route 206
lvl 15
lvl 28
Died by Cyrus' {crobat} in spear pillar

{staravia} Flappy
Route 209
lvl 17
lvl 19
Died by Fisherman Kenneth's {gyarados}

{happiny}, {chansey} Healer
Egg Obtained from Travelling Man
lvl 1 (Hatched on route 214)
lvl 16
N/A

{roselia}, {roserade} MrsFlowers
Route 212
lvl 20
lvl 49
N/A

{noctowl} Wiseman
Route 211
lvl 28
lvl 38
N/A

{hoothoot} Owl
Pastoria Great Marsh
lvl 20
lvl 20
N/A

{onix} Rocky
Iron Island
lvl 33
lvl 37
N/A

{ponyta} Stallion
Route 215
lvl 21
lvl 33
N/A

{riolu} , {lucario} UFC
Egg Obtained from Riley
lvl 1
lvl 41
N/A

{snover} Christmas
Route
lvl 32
lvl 32
Critical Hit from Arieal Ace by Ace Trainer Jake's {staravia}

{dialga} TimeTurner
lvl 47
lvl 47
N/A

Therefore:
Party: {empoleon}, {roserade}, {lucario}, {dialga}, {onix}, {noctowl}
PC: {hoothoot}, {chansey}, {buizel}, {gastrodon}, {ponyta}
Died: {staravia}, {zubat}, {geodude}, {bidoof}, {kricketot}, {beautifly}, {snover}, {bronzor}

Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Your platinum looks much, um, happier than mine. I gave up on my budew once it hit Lv. 20, that damn thing had two big hearts and it wouldn't evolve. I also released my togepi because I had it just as long and at the same happiness and it flung my only soothe bell at a damn starly TT-TT... yet my eevee evolved in just three days. I don't get it at all.

current party in HG:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:37 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

looks like i have to drop out of the challenge. i've gone and misplaced my sapphire game >.< gl to all that are still going! =)

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:09 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

[color=olive]A much awaited update after I so infamously disappeared!

The rules I am using are on page 19 with extended rules on page 20.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Trainer Card

ID No. 62608
Name Kaoru
Badges 7
Money

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Considering how high your pokes levels are yyou should be able to handle the elite four. Yes, claire is the biggest b**** in the whole series but you'll love the moment a little later in the game. Yes, lugia and hoohs areas are crappy spots to train but you should've went to the safari zone, where the pokes are more diverse and give about 400-750 EXP. That's were I went to train before I went and fought clair, when she denied me my badge she pissed me off big time, just because I swept her with an ampharos and a piloswine. This was my first playthrough, not this current one.

current party in HG:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:17 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next