It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 am

Forum rules

ALL GLORY TO THE FLOATING CLEFFA

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 pkmn protips 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

87. You know why you have to surf while riding a pokemon? If you jump in, you'll get your cell phone wet.

88. Everyone in the pokemon games have a horrible taste in music (listen to the background music). Get your ipod and listen to that instead!

89. Whenever you find items on the ground, those are items that other people have dropped. Make sure some bug catcher doesn't take your masterball for himself!

90. If you need to stall a battle for some reason, use your pokeflute, even if no one is asleep. Then you will waste a turn, and the foe will attack!

91. Pokemon trades are worthless. Instead of waiting 10 minutes for your pokemon to go through some computer, just hand over your pokeball, while the other hands his over. That will take less than 2 seconds of your life.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:54 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

92. if you leave your DS on for a week while in the same wild pokeymon battle, timer bawls will have 99% capture raet

93. when you trade a pokemon, you must throw your pokeball miles high into the sky. the reason is that if it lands on your friend's head, it will hopefully knock him out, then you can take your pokemon back and keep his!!

Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:14 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

94. If you're playing the Nuzlocke (or whatever) challenge, and you want to save before fighting someone, and if a pokemon dies, you just turn you game off and on and he's back from the dead! Guess what? Could Ash save his game before lossing to someone so he could restart and fight that guy again? No. So don't do that.

95. If you're bored one day and have nothing to do, catch a Magikarp and EV train it (but don't evolve it). This works for many pokes like beginning-of-the-game-bugs like Caterpie.

96. A Missingno is an ultra-rare legendary that will make you the coolest person ever if you catch it. Side-effects may include:
1. Lossing all your possessions.
2. Everything around you (and maybe yourself) can become glitchy and blocked.
3. Time will stand still and weird music will play.

97. In Wi-fi battles, if you lose to some random person, don't be a chicken and turn off the game right before you lose. Be honerable and accept defeat. So next time, if you find that person, he won't say "Look there's the wimp who ditched my battle! BAHAHAHA!!!"

(Only 3 tips left!)

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

98. Each new game, try something new, train a different Water-type, Flying-type, etc. Trust me, its a bunch of fun to train a completely different team, also you may find new favorites.

99. I've got 99 problems but this list ain't one.

100. Don't listen to all the tips on this list. Some will make you the best Pokemon trainer you can be while others... will make you look "special". Better yet, just go find a new list elsewhere, we don't want to give the kids the wrong idea. Better yet, don't find a list, just make your own, that will make you a good trainer since you'll inevitably change your list over time, you'll grow. Yeah, that was profound. Now get away before the list eats your soul!

Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:37 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Magus wrote:
100. Don't listen to all the tips on this list. Some will make you the best Pokemon trainer you can be while others... will make you look "special". Better yet, just go find a new list elsewhere, we don't want to give the kids the wrong idea. Better yet, don't find a list, just make your own, that will make you a good trainer since you'll inevitably change your list over time, you'll grow. Yeah, that was profound. Now get away before the list eats your soul!

Wow you may have just won the Protip Champ Trophy.....

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:01 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

101. Don't plan in-game teams, just go out and catch things as you go along. Did Ash ever stop to plan what he'd catch next?

102. If you don't like it and you think its ugly, don't catch it. Even if everyone says salamence is the c00lest thing ever.

103. Just cos its base stats are ZOMG incredible, that doesn't mean jack. To be a master you must use with the ones you're closest too; Blastoise, Beedrill and Pidgeot. Cos thems the best.

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:43 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Tip i. Missingno is Kangaskhan's pouch baby. FACT.

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

104. A new move called "Slap". It's not what the pokemon does, but what the TRAINER does. Simply, the trainer slightly slaps his pokemon to sense. The pokemon's happiness lowers, but it raises its Attack, and if it's confused, the pokemon is cured.

105. If you have a pokemon with Magnet Pull ability, watch out for any nails nearby, for they will come flying at you.

106. The most worthless HM is Flash. A simple flashlight owns this so called 'move' any day.

107. Don't completly critizize the Teachy TV in FR/LG- It may actualy be helpful in some cases. And if you're REALLY bored, you can watch it for you're enjoyment. :)

108. Due to climate and genetic differences, in Kanto, people cannot see Gastly, Haunter, or Gengar, and must use that scope thing to see them. But in any other region, people can see them.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:30 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Oh, crap... You guys actually reached one hundred tips?... This was unexpected... I... Um... Yeah, I'll get back to you. Just add more tips for all those struggling pokemon fanatics. ;)

Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:22 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

:censored: I had a bunch of cool tips written down, but the freaking internet froze on me and I ended up lossing all of them! :frustrated:
I re-wrote my tips but they're more simplified.

109. The Sticky Barb item is cruel and harsh for your pokemon to hold, because it is sharp and even you wouldn't hold it.

110. Don't use your Rare Candys beginning of the game, because YOU WILL want them when you're trying to get your pokes to level 100.

111. In the beginning of R/S/E, catch up to 6 zizagoons and keep them in your party so when you're training your pokes, the zizagoons will pick up lots of items!

112. A car would be very conveinent in the game to get around faster and avoid in-game trainers. Gamefreak doesn't let you have one because they like to watch you suffer (and your character is a 10 year old, who is years off from a licence.)

113. Refering to 112, the Truck in R/B/Y and FR/LG was suppose to be the car you drove, but there's water surrounding it, so it can't go anywhere. Besides, you need the keys to even get in.

114. No one appears to notice that Mew can use Transform as well as Ditto. Mew can even raise its stats before transforming so it can transform with higher stats.
Although Ditto owns Mew anyday. :)

EDIT I got bored so I wrote some more tips down.

115. Even tough and evil-like pokemon like Gyarados and Tyranitar have a heart, so treat them just as good as everyone else.

116. Don't train your pokemon just for those pokemon contests, because if a monster or something comes to attack you, and all your pokemon can do is look cute, they you have been owned.

117. Linoone's speed is big because it can run straight very fast, but if its foe makes a turn, Linoone's has to stop just to turn, making its speed just as slow as Shuckle.

118. Don't worry about Wurmple's 'personality value'. It is just as good as random of what it evolves into.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:32 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I'm... Right Here, Right Now, Right Here, Right Now...
119. Using Flash in public may get you arrested.
120. If you run out of pokeballs, throw a Voltorb instead.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:02 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You're slacking on those trophies you promised us Crunchy! :p

121. When your confused about how Pokemon evolve, remember math will always save you: Voltorb + Spearow =Starmie
122. Tips which are elaborate and/or confusing, shall hence forth be disregarded by the subject, the subject being the person or as some would prefer, individual, that is currently reading this list.
123. ABC. Oh yeah, I went there.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

When will the trophies come in Crunchy? Probably you're still working on them. Anyway...

124. Known fact: Pokemon trainers don't have to go to school.
(yes there is the trainer school, but you DONT HAVE to go to that either)

125. The moves Double Team and Minimize are annoying for both you and the foe because I would use DT six times and the foe ALWAYS HITS ME, yet when the foe uses DT once, I COULD NOT TOUCH HIM!!!
I'm sure glad that DT (and I think Minimize) is banned from Competitive battling.

126. It must be scary if all your pokes faint in the middle of a dark cave, because while scurrying back to the Poke Center, you have to run away from all the powerful wild pokes.

127. Wana know why you can't use a plain Ax to cut down a 'cut' tree? Cause its too big to fit in your bag. Yet the ironic thing is that you can have hundreds of a certain item and not lose space....

128. Since Aerodactyl is extinct, if you release a wild one, the adamant pokes who defeated the Aerodactyl species will be even more powerful, then they will quickly finish off your released pokemon. But hey, thats nature.

P.S. Alright I'm a psychic trainer now! (I have 50 posts)

EDIT I didnt want to double post, so Im just editing this:

129. When breeding/SR/etc for a pokemon with the right nature, there is a 60% chance that its nature will be a neutral nature.

130. When the daycare man gets an egg and says "We dont know how it got there", he knows how it came, but if he told you how, then the Pokemon games would be rated Mature.

131. Knowm fact: Except for when pokemon eats a berry in-battle, they will never eat or drink anything in your pokeballs. FAcT.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2