It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 HALO Series: Which one had your favourite campaign? 

Which Halo had the best Campaign?
Halo Wars 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Halo: Reach 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Halo: Combat Evolved 50%  50%  [ 7 ]
Halo 2 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Halo 3: ODST 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Halo 3 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 14

HALO Series: Which one had your favourite campaign? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah, that's the question. Out of all six Halo games, which one had the best campaign in your opinion? My vote went for Halo 3: ODST. It was short, simple, seemed more realistic and it was scary as hell being NOT a Spartan, but an ODST all by yourself for half the game in a city at night that is swamped with Covenant.

-Ryan

Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:53 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I personally feel that Halo: Combat Evolved had the best campaign. In essence you were all alone with only a limited amount of resources available surrounded on all sides by enemies. The story was good, as well as most of the levels. Even though The Library is a small oversight on this.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:08 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The first Halo is my favorite campaign. Most likely because I played it the most, but maybe because I like the first Halo the most overall, too.
:D

Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:13 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Halo: Combat Evolved had an epic campaign and was a good introduction to the series. You were alone, surrounded, and going to kick some major Covenant arse. This game definitely put the idea "The Chief is the s***" into everyone's mind.

Halo 2 was good, Earth was under attack and you had to defend it. However, beyond that and introducing the Arbiter (and dual wielding), Halo 2 may have had the most forgettable campaign of the series.

Halo 3 was the "final installment" to the series, you had to finish the fight, destroy the Covenant and the Flood in one swoop, save Cortana, and humanity. I think for the most part it did a good job of telling this story, though the most memorable parts were probably saving Cortana and St. Johson's death.

I can't really comment on Halo: ODST and Halo: Wars since I haven't been able to play through them yet, but ODST has Nathan Fillian as a voice actor so that game gets a point in my book.

Halo Reah was the "history lesson" game, you found out what happened to Reach, since everyone mentioned this at some point, people will shout "For Reach!" awhile firing in the other games, and now your here. From the start, you know your screwed, but you know your gonna put up a fight, and Noble Team does that proud. I would say that Reach has more character development than the other Halo games, just because they game you a chance to learn about Noble Team, even if Noble Six has more boring than Bob from Accounting.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:21 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I will sticky myself with a plasma if someone votes for halo wars.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:31 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

My favourite enemy is the Scarabs. They are the greatest challenge on Legendary (only difficulty I enjoy anymore). All-powerful, extremely armored, and their explosion is immense!

My least favourite are the Hunters. They can't get a head-shot, because they have no heads (after all, they are a colony of worm-like creatures bound in armor). Their only weak spots are their backs. On Legendary one smack from their shields or one shot from their Fuel Rod Gun arms kills you instantly. They travel in pairs. They NEVER stop coming after you. And unlike every enemy you face in the games, when you kill a Hunter, you get no ammo of any kind from them. Your only reward is survival.

-Ryan

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

it's a shame too.. ensemable studios that made Halo wars made AOE3 which is my favorite game of all time.

anyways- nothing compare to the first game and its campaign.

The other game were good (barring wars which i didnt play) but in Halo I i can still remember the hangar bay fight were you get surrounded and the orginal halo theme comes on. Most epic gameplay moment of my life.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:16 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I Liked ODST Alot Because It Felt Like You Had Alot More Freedom In It

Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:39 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I honestly like Halo 3's Campaign the best, because it pretty much just wraps everything up. About 2 years ago, I helped my friend beat the last mission for like his 10th time, but when I finished (Btw we were on Heroic) I was like "WOOOOOOO!!!!! WE JUST KICKED THE FRIGGEN COVENENTS A**ES!!!!! WOOOOOOO F! T! W!"

I seriously did that. Thank god it was 3 in the afternoon.

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart

Tue May 31, 2011 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

Halo 1 and it's not even close. I still can't get over how much they pissed it all away in the sequels, in terms of both story and gameplay.

Oh, and bringing back the Flood in Halo 2 and 3 was a MASSIVE mistake. They only worked one time because they were so horrifying as a twist in the first game. After that they were just generic space zombies threatening your survival when you weren't fighting the real opponents (i.e. the Covenant).

Tue May 31, 2011 5:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]