It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:22 pm

Forum rules

ALL GLORY TO THE FLOATING CLEFFA

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Random Factoids 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
If you look at the sun RIGHT NOW, you are technically looking back in time. It takes 8 minutes for light from the sun to reach the Earth so you're actually looking at what the sun looked like 8 minutes ago.

Except for that little part about it blinding you :p
But the same thing applies to stars, just the amount of time is much longer, and they won't blind you. So that might be a little safer to try, lol.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:41 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

WiFi is a made up word and means absoultly nothing.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:47 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Wireless something, I thought, but I cant think of anything that starts with Fi except Fiction, so whatever.
A strawberry is 1)not a berry and 2)doesn't exist. The real name for it is Strewberry, for how the berries were strewn across the fruit. That's right, the berries are the things on the outside. The big red thing is just a fruit.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Did you know that 1 in 4 females get raped before they are 25? Depressing and shocking, but I learned it from a video in my Catholic Sunday School about safe environments.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
0_@ Now that's just not right...
'Decimated' means destroyed 1 in 10, unlike obliterated, which is destroyed everything.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

-It is illegal to pass a Mr. Frosty (Ice cream truck) in the state of New Jersey.
-In most cases, assault is punished less severely than battery in the US (so actually punching someone can get you in less trouble than threatening them).
-The States of New York and New Jersey have the most lawyers per capita, the highest insurance rates, and some of the most complicated highway systems in the US
-Getting away from the law and other related facts, The Roller Coaster Tycoon game was bought out from its previous holder 3 times in its time of production (first time infogrames bought it from hasbro, then atari completely bought out infogrames, and then atari bought the full rights to the game and its marketing from Chris Sawyer (the creator of RCT).

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Two people on this forum have almost the exact same glasses, the only thing different is the color of the frames.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:44 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If you have 3 quaters, 4 pennies, and 4 dimes you have the most amount of coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
The numbers '172' can be found on the back of the U.S. $5 dollar bill in the bushes at the base of the Lincoln Memorial.
When you die your hair still gorw for a couple of months.
The most money ever paid for a cow in an auction was $1.3 million.

I really like this thread.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:35 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I'm... Right Here, Right Now, Right Here, Right Now...
Azure wrote:
When you die your hair still gorw for a couple of months.

Untrue. It stops growing when you die, the skin dries out it tightens giving the appearance of growing, and the 'growing' will last for however long it takes for the body to dry out.

Anyway...

The dot over the letter 'i' is called a tittle.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:17 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ketchup was sold in the 1830's as a medicine.
By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you can't sink in quicksand
Adolf Hitler's mother seriously considered having an abortion but was talked out of it by her doctor.
In Chinese, the KFC slogan "finger lickin' good" comes out as "eat your fingers off".
The first owner of the Marlboro cigarette Company died of lung cancer. (Irony)
Colgate faced a big obstacle marketing toothpaste in Spanish speaking Countries because Colgate translates into the command "go hang Yourself."
If the population of China walked past you in single line, the line Would never end because of the rate of reproduction
People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.
A snail can sleep for three years.
The word "verb" is actually a noun.
Try these

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:46 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

-All cigarette companies sold their products as pure tobacco until the 1960's. marlboro got busted in the 1970's for putting nicotine in their cigarettes, which then spawned the filter you see on modern cigarettes (THEY DON'T WORK!!!). Marlboro got busted again in the early 90's for adding a whole bunch of toxins into the cigarettes like fiber glass and light amounts of tar plus other crap you shouldn't take. There was no age limit in America for smoking until 1994.

-Contrary to popular belief, both raw tobacco and raw pot (marijuana) pose no risks to your health whatsoever. However, with the chemicals added to them they pose serious risks to your health.

-And a random one, the first E-mail ever sent was "qwertyuiop" ; the entire top row of the keyboard at the time.

-Most americans actually drive faster in bad weather conditions.
-Connecticut is the worst state to drive in with the most accidents per 100,000 miles
-Women do get involved in more accidents than men
-Answering your phone while driving is the most dangerous action do to do while driving. surprisingly, just talking on the phone isn't as different as driving with no distractions.

-Disney (all of the parks and properties) have little easter eggs known as "hidden mickeys" scattered everywhere. They are silhouettes of mickey's head and iconic ears. There are rumored to be over 250,000 hidden mickeys in disneyworld, Florida alone, with aboout 75,000 supposedly being in the magic kingdom.
-Cinderella's castle is the underground HQ of Disney's real management for the magic kingdom, and the entire park (plus epcot) have an underground network of tunnels)
-Epcot stands for "Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow"

current party in HG:
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The Bridgewater Triangle, situated in southeastern Massachusetts, USA, is a smaller triangle than the Bermuda Triangle, but is as infamous to those who know about it, as this implies.

The Southern states of the US (who were once part of the Confederate States of America during the Civil War) will kick you out (literally) out of their homes and restaurants if you tell them (even jokingly) you're related to Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman (who led the infamous March to the Sea, razing fields, destroying entire plantations, killing people and livestock on sight, and doing nasty things to women). The South will never forget what had happened.

Also, the state of Mississippi, especially the town of Vicksburg, will also kick you out for being related to Gen. Ulysses S. Grant, as he ordered his troops to throw salt onto the soil around the countryside. (If you recall from World History, the Romans did the same thing to Carthage after the Punic Wars, and nothing ever grew there for centuries.)

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:37 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

On the U.S. Dollar Bill, there is a hidden word located in the text banners which read "Annuit C

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:10 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

And... the eye is "The All-Seeing Eye"-that is, the eye refers to "the Great Architect of the World" as the Masons call it.

The Pyramid is a person's desire to step him- or herself up to the heavens.

There weren't enough people on the International committee that reviewed Pluto's status as a planet, and many countries didn't send representatives, so Pluto is technically still a planet, just because not enough people voted either way, even though the ruling was that Pluto wasn't a planet.

The Schroedinger's Cat experiment proves that physics can come up with theoretical data, but the real life experiments are only based on probability.
(This experiment was trying to prove if wave-particle duality principles of light also pertained to other things, such as a cat. Schroedinger said that a cat could be both alive and dead at the same time.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:06 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Looking at a vertical map of Washington, D.C. one can find many unfinished or different images of Freemason items looking at the roads. The iconic square and compass isn't at the same degree as the one depicted on the D.C. map. and there is also an unfinished hexagram in D.C. too. Freemasons are rumored to date back to well before the American Colonies were formed, some people even claim that Jamestown, Virginia was founded by a group of Freemasons.

current party in HG:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

(I believe that everyone here in this thread knows the Dan Brown books)
Anyway...

The Embargo Act of 1807 was also known as the Ograbme (embargo spelled backwards) Act, because it didn't help anyone on either side of the trade. ("O Grab Me" political cartoons portrayed this act as a snapping turtle.)

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

When your head is chopped off (an example would be from the Guillotine) you're still alive for 15 seconds.
Lassie was male
Noxious fumes and ashes killed the people of Pompeii, not lava.
Steam is not visible; what is is actually composed of visible water droplets that form when the steam begins to cool off.
Grizzly bears are named so because 'grizzly' refers to the color of the bear, gray or grizzled. Not because they are 'grisly'.
Wormholes are veeeerrry slowly becoming real; they are a theory still but seem to be possible if scientists can figure out how. Consider this: black holes were once thought to be science fiction, but now they are considered by all to be real; one or more have even already been seen...

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Pogonophobia is the fear of beards.
A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
The only food that doesn't spoil is honey.
The sun shrinks five feet every hour.
Pearls dissolve in vinegar.
Pollen never deteriorates. It is one of the only substances that lasts indefinitely.
Natural gas has no smell. Its smell is only added for safety reasons.
Watermelons are grown square in Japan.
Ancient Egyptians slept on pillows of stone.

Sprite Collection

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Time travel is REAL...in theory. You would have to go 99% the speed of light and could only go forward in time.

Canada got its name due to a misunderstanding in translation.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:17 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

GofD wrote:
Time travel is REAL...in theory. You would have to go 99% the speed of light and could only go forward in time.

Kinda, but it's not really "time travel." Traveling at relativistic speeds causes you to experience less time for the amount of time that you actually go through. That doesn't make much sense, so here's an example:

You're traveling in a vessel (spaceship, w/e) going at relativistic speeds. The vessel travels for three weeks like this, then speeds back down. When you leave the vessel, you find out something more like seventy years has gone by. So while you've only aged three weeks, everyone you left behind has probably grown old and died. O_o

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Only when we discover a real wormhole will the workings of time and space truly be unraveled.

According to the producer of Back to the Future, Mattel already had hoverboards in production circa 1989. This caused much controversy with Mattel's Public Relations department over why they weren't selling them...

current party in HG:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

rex09 wrote:
GofD wrote:

Kinda, but it's not really "time travel." Traveling at relativistic speeds causes you to experience less time for the amount of time that you actually go through. That doesn't make much sense, so here's an example:

You're traveling in a vessel (spaceship, w/e) going at relativistic speeds. The vessel travels for three weeks like this, then speeds back down. When you leave the vessel, you find out something more like seventy years has gone by. So while you've only aged three weeks, everyone you left behind has probably grown old and died. O_o

OK well, Yeah, I KNEW that, I guess we could say Traveling really fast is possible then...

Fg=mg (Force of gravity equals mass times gravity)

THe normal force is the opposite of gravity.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:23 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Phobophobia is the fear of developing a phobia.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

2+2=Fish
Steven Spielberg, a famous director out of Hollywood, CA, is Jewish.
Most of the producing companies in Hollywood (LucasFilms, Paramount, DreamWorks, Columbia, etc. etc.) have Jewish heads.
Walt Disney was an outspoken Anti-Semite and almost named Mickey Mouse "Mortimor Mouse" before his wife changed his mind.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

torchie13125 wrote:
2+2=Fish
Steven Spielberg, a famous director out of Hollywood, CA, is Jewish.
Most of the producing companies in Hollywood (LucasFilms, Paramount, DreamWorks, Columbia, etc. etc.) have Jewish heads.
Walt Disney was an outspoken Anti-Semite and almost named Mickey Mouse "Mortimor Mouse" before his wife changed his mind.

Um, what are you talking about?? 2+2 does equal fish. I'll post a pic explaining why later.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next