It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Psypoke Names All The Isshu Pokemon! (Halfway Done) 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

This thread didn't get very many hits in All Glory To The Floating Cleffa, so I'm reposting it here. Here's how this will work. I will list each Pokemon's Japanese name, then a fanmade name. This is then followed by an explanation of the logic used in formulating said name. Feel free to post name ideas. If they are good, I'll add them in. If credit for the name is not listed, then I came up with the idea. Happy posting!

Bikutini: Victiny
Confirmed

Minezumi: Meermunk
Looks like a Meercat and a Chipmunk. 'Nuf said.

Choroneko: Blackat
It's a 'black' cat. Black as in the temperament, not the color. It's purple.

Leperasudu: Panpounce
It's a panther, and it can pounce.

Shimama: Zebrunt
A small Zebra.

Zeburaika: Zebraika
The Japanese name is awesome. So, I just took out the U.

Moguryuu: Moleole
OK, this one just sounds hilarious.

Doryuuzu: Chasmole
Chasm + Mole. Awesome.

Tabunne: Rabboing
It's a rabbit, and it goes BOING.

Dokkoraa: Bim
Isshu's Abra

Dotekkotsu: Bam
Isshu's Kadabra

Roobushin: Boom
Isshu's Alakazam

Otamaro: Tadwart
It's a Tadpole. With warts.

Gamagaru: Frogwart
It's a frog. With warts.

Gamageroge: Bullwart
It's a Bullfrog. With warts.

Nageki: Judo
A type of martial art.

Dageki: Kendo
A type of martial art.

Monmen: Puffluff
It's a puff of fluff.

Basurao: Trouter
In real life, trout come in many colors. Just like this Pokemon. The name just fits.

Meguroko: Caimask
A Caiman is a relative of the Alligator. This one has a mask.

Warubiru: Caimunch
Caiman + Munch

Warubiaru: Caimaul
Caiman + Maul

Marakacchi: Pripear
Short for 'Prickly Pear', a type of cactus. It sounds like 'prepare'.

Ishizumai: Hermite
Hermit + Termite. Yes, I know that this thing is a crab. But I don't care since the name is cool.

Iwaparesu: Slabster
It carries a slab of rock, and it looks like a lobster.

Desukaan: Sarcanubis
Sarcophagus + Anubis, the Egyptain god of the dead

Abagoora: Galapatort
Think 'Galapagos Tortoise'

Yabukuron: Litterbag
Parody of Litterbug

Dasutodasu: Literburst
Parody of Litterbug

Zoroa: Zoroa
We all know that this guy will keep its japanese name.

Zoroaaku: Zoroark
We all know that this guy will keep its Japanese name.

Chiraamii: Chilla
Short for Chinchilla

Chirachiino: Wrapchilla
This Chinchilla has a Wrap.

Yuniran: Quark
The smallest of the subatomic particles

Daburan: Neutron
A bigger subatomic particle

Rankurusu: Elematom
An atom of an element

Banipucchi: Skupe
Misspelling of scoop

Baniricchi: Kone
Misspelling of cone

Baibanira: Sundai
Misspelling of sundae

Emonga: Emonga
All electric rodents hate having their names changed!

Tamagetake: Frogstool
Parody of Toadstool

Morobareru: Unfungus
Parody of Fungus

Bachuru: Tarantiny
It's a tiny tarantula.

Denchura: Tarantesla
OK, this is one of my best ideas. It combines 'Tarantula' with 'Tesla'. Nicola Tesla was the inventor of the Tesla Coil, a device capable of producing lightning. Awesomeness!

Nattorei: Nettleoid
Another great idea. Nettle + oid. Rhymes with Metaloid.

Gear: Cogni
Cog + Japanese #2 (two gears in one)

Gigear: Cogsan
Cog + Japanese #3

Gigigear: Cogyon
Cog + Japanese #4

Kibago: Kidrago
Credit to Mr. Dude. Kid + Dragon.

Onondo: Scaler
It has scales...

Ononokusu: Reptade
Credit to rex09. Reptile + Blade.

Kumashun: Snowtaby
Credit to Mr. Dude. Snow/Snot/Snout + Baby.

Tsunbeaa: Polaris
What people called the North Star in the old days.

Furiijio: Seveyear
Seven + Year. It loks like a broken mirror. They give you seven years of bad luck. It sounds like surveyor.

Maggyo: Floundroad
Ok, this guy looks like a flounder, and had markings on it that look like the lane dividers on roads.

Kurimugan: Wyvern
The Wyvern was a mythical drangon of European Folklore.

Gobitto: Brute
It works.

Goruugu: Colossus
Sounds cool, and it fits.

Baffuron: Frofallo
A buffalo with an afro.

Washibon: Freegle
Free + Eagle

Wargle: Wargle
It works.

Baruchai: Chickarion
It's a Chick. It eats Carrion

Barujiina: Vultard
Vulture + Buzzard. Sounds like R*****

Aianto: Androne
Another good idea. Ant + Drone. Sounds like Android.

Monozu: Hydraling
Hydra + Hatchling

Jeheddo: Hydreen
Hydra + Teen

Sazandora: Hydragedon
Hydra + Armageddon. Totally perfect for a Pseudo-Legendary.

Kobaruon: Muskasteel
Credit to Mr. Dude. Muskateer. + Steel

Terakion: Muskastone
Credit to Mr. Dude. Muskateer + Stone

Birijion: Muskastem
Credit to Mr. Dude. Muskateer + Stem

Reshiramu: Reshiram
Confirmed

Zekuromu: Zekrom
Confirmed

Kyuremu: Kyurem
This thing will problably keep its Japanese name.

Kerudio: Horsoam
Horse + Foam/Roam

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Last edited by Mektar on Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I like the idea of the pseudo-legendary and Tarantesla. But i don't really like the name of Gear evolution line. Anyway, i couldn't think of name now, so i guess i'll post it later if i had the idea.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:49 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Wow, these are just...terrible, especially the ice cream and dragon ones. :?

By the way, Bikuntini will be Victiny in the english release. Dokkoraa's line isn't Isshu's "Abra", if anything it's Isshu's MACHOP. Your naming scheme for Gear is especially bad; why would NoA use JAPANESE NUMBERS for new Pokemon?

But yeah, these names are terrible!

Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:43 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

These names are about as likely to be true as Pokemon Mexican. But hey - some of them are quite creative! I'll still like to see more of them...
PS. No offence, but......compared to naming, Mektar you should just stick to art......

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:33 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Bah. You guys are buzzkills. I'll finish this list regardless.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:
Kibago: Axe
Sounds cool.

Onondo: Hachet
Sounds cooler.

Ononokusu: Tomahawk
Sounds PWNAGE!

wat

i'll edit when i come up with some better names for those three....
EDIT: alright, here we go.
Kibago: Piragon (i put a twist on the spanish word "pequeno" meaning small, plus dragon)
Onondo: Tusard (Tusk + lizard)
Ononokusu: Reptade (reptile + blade)
overall, they're all right; onondo's was kinda weird, but i think they beat the names of tools... (no offense, mektar)

Zekrom, Reshiram, and Victiny are all confirmed names, btw.
Also, it's kind of a tradition that none of the english names exceed ten characters, mostly because the gameboy versions only had room for eight characters in the name (or species, w/e). i don't know if that'll change, but something to keep in mind.

Last edited by rex09 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:10 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Come on, I didn't meant to be a wet blanket or a buzzkill or something like that. No one said that naming Pokemon is easy! We just think that some names don't fit too well & can be improved. Go on & complete the list!
Here's some names that I find puzzling/can point out some places that can be improved:
The massive Rock PM (Gigaiasu) is the one associated with Gaia, not Jarooda (Besides, I don't really think if a grass snake have any thing to do with the goddess of earth) Maybe you should look for names of French emperors (eg. Louis), since it's confirmed that the Tsutarja family is based on French royals.
As for Basurao/Trouter...what does Basurao have to do with trouts? Basurao is actually more closely related to Piranhas.
Abagoora/Galapatort...Yes I know that the Galapagos Tortoise is famous for being the largest tortoise, but Abagoora is based on ancient sea turtle (aka Archelon), not land tortoise.
Kumashun/Cubool...Sounds way too like Cubone. Maybe something to do with snot?
Kobaruon/Sphinxteel, Terakion/Sphinxtone, Birijion/Sphinxtem...Self-explanatory? Sorry but I don't get it at all. And where does the Sphinx part come in? They're based on Musketeers.
My advice is that you can go to Bulbapedia to find about the origin of each PM. That can be a great aid!
By the way, I love Tarantesla & Hydragedon!

Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:27 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

rex09 wrote:
Also, it's kind of a tradition that none of the english names exceed eight characters, mostly because the gameboy versions only had room for eight characters in the name (or species, w/e). i don't know if that'll change, but something to keep in mind.

I think you mean ten characters. Take a look at pokemon like Feraligatr or Tentacruel.

A few of these are creative, but some of them are pushing it. <_<

Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:49 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Serpentsounds wrote:
rex09 wrote:
Also, it's kind of a tradition that none of the english names exceed eight characters, mostly because the gameboy versions only had room for eight characters in the name (or species, w/e). i don't know if that'll change, but something to keep in mind.

I think you mean ten characters. Take a look at pokemon like Feraligatr or Tentacruel.

A few of these are creative, but some of them are pushing it. <_<

whoops. i was thinking of feraligatr, but i somehow thought it was eight characters -_-

anyways, i fixed it :P

Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:04 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I'll add/edit more names later today. By the way, you guys could suggest names all you want. If thery're better than mine, I'll put them in. Heck, maybe I should replace my name with 'Psypoke' and make this a team effort!

Mektar out.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

How about...
Tsutaaja/Janobii/Jaroda (I haven't decided yet): Repteaf (reptile + leaf)
Desukaan: Cophaghost (sarcophagus + ghost)
Dokkoraa: Consmall (construct + small)
Dotekkotsu: Conshnoz (construct + shnoz)
Roopushin: Constrong (construct/concrete + strong)
Kumashun: Snowtaby (snow/snot/snout + baby)
Kibago: Kidrago (kid + dragon (sounds like Kibago))
Onondo: Tinagon (teen/tiny (he's only 3 ft tall) + dragon)
Ononokusu: Dragrown (dragon + grown-up)
Baffuron: Bafron (bison (buffalo are extinct) + afro)
Kobaruon: Muskasteel (muskateer + steel)
Terakion: Muskastone (muskateer + stone)
Birijion: Muskastem (muskateer + stem)
Torunerosu: Flyinie (flying + genie)
Borotorosu: Electrinie (electric + genie)
Randorosu: Earthinie (earth + genie)

I personally really like these names, especially Snowtaby.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:09 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Taransla would be better than trantesla, I think, because it uses less space and still gets the point across. I like Freegle for the first evo instead, and I like the Japanese name a lot for the second evo, Wargle. Just my wothless little opinion, since we're all going to get used to the actual English names anyway.

(P.S:Kidrago and Reptade sound cool)

Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:59 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Edoc'sil wrote:
(P.S:Kidrago and Reptade sound cool)

that would sound cool

Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:53 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Will add more names soon. I need to do some research.

Mektar out.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Just one more thing: what you call 'seveyear' is a giant snowflake made to look like it has eyes and a mouth. And Unfungus? I's not really a parody of fungus. You just added un to it. Last thing I don't agree with: Polaris, a name of a star for a bear? On the other hand, Polaris is a great name for an ice type, and in my opinion would sound good with the snowflake. [/critisism]
It seems like you're giving in and giving up to me. I hate to see other people's creativity completely smothered. It is a truly sad sight. :( (this is not saying you shouldn't be completely closed off to suggestions,however)

Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:12 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I'm running low on ideas. That, and I don't want to monopolize the list now that everyone can participate. Think, people!

Mektar out.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mr. Dude wrote:
Baffuron: Bafron (bison (buffalo are extinct) + afro)

Buffalo are not extinct! As a proud American, I can say that buffalo are not extinct!
BTW, I'm pretty sure that "buffalo" isn't a real species name at all. It's "American bison" for its real name, but "buffalo" is the generic name.
So, we're both wrong. How's that?
Anyway, I loved the Tarantesla (wow, you know your history!) and Hydragedon!
(I want both so bad! But it doesn't come out here until like next year...)
Oh, and keep it as Tarantesla. It sounds cooler.
~torchie13125

Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
well thats not exactly what the telsa coil did,it was a way to transmit wireless energy

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:31 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mektar wrote:

Yuniran: Quark
The smallest of the subatomic particles

Daburan: Neutron
A bigger subatomic particle

Rankurusu: Elematom
An atom of an element

No. Just NO...
Maybe...
Yuniran: Gumball

Daburan: Gumbo

Rankurusu: Gumbear

I know, they're not very good, but i think they're better than just subatomic particles.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:31 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I don't really like those names. Once we name all of them, we can edit the names. Please keep them coming. I can't seem to think of anything good.

Mektar out.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Dude some of those names are bad. They don't even sound like actull names of pokemon, having to be a trainer and use
Pokemon with those name would be embaressing,

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:26 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Unless you hadn't noticed, my thread died already. Your complaint was unwarranted.

Mektar out.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:47 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well since this thread is alive agian might as well post this:

Mektar wrote:
Sazandora: Hydragedon
Hydra + Armageddon. Totally perfect for a Pseudo-Legendary.

How about Hydragone? Pronounced as "High-dra-go-n"

To extend our reach to the stars above.
Jessie, James.
Team Rocket blasting off the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to fight!
Meowth, that's right!

FTW

Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:24 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Electra wrote:
Wow, these are just...terrible, especially the ice cream and dragon ones. :?
Your naming scheme for Gear is especially bad...But yeah, these names are terrible!

missingoinc wrote:
Dude some of those names are bad. They don't even sound like actull names of pokemon, having to be a trainer and use
Pokemon with those name would be embaressing,

Everybody meet...Image
Anyway...I'm 99% sure, and praying to Arceus, that Victini will be spelled Victini instead of Victiny. Yes, Victiny is a cute little combo but the proper pronunciation is Vic-tee-nee. Changing Manafi to Manaphy is no problem but changing Victini to Victiny changes the pronunciation unfortunately.
Doryuuzu: Chasmole I can imagine little kids saying CHAZ-MOL :)
Gamagaru: Frogwart Instantly reminded me of Hogwarts!
Desukaan: Sarcanubis Sounds good but I doubt they'd use Anubis's name...
Denchura: Tarantesla very nice actually
Baffuron: Frofallo FACT: Buffaloes exist (African Buffalo). The American Bison is a different animal. I wouldn't be surprised if they left it as "Buffalon" which I kinda like.
Wargle: Wargle Might be changed to avoid confusion with the warbler birds
Baruchai: Chickarion how about Chickpeep...as a pun on chickpea :mrgreen:
Barujiina: Vultard Vultard sounds like...what you said. Barujiina translated would sound like....something not kid-friendly....

Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:07 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

LOL, my mom uses a Debbie Downer reference a lot and also,
Manafi wrote:
Barujiina: Vultard Vultard sounds like...what you said. Barujiina translated would sound like....something not kid-friendly....

Nobody wins! Unless they change the name drastically. I find that funny.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next